(Topic ID: 76524)

High Speed Coin Door & Switch, Will it Work on The Getaway?

By pinrock

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinrock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Is the High Speed Pinball standard coindoor similar to newer coindoors like on The Getaway...specifically is the test switch configured and wired the same and can I use it on The Getaway?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 5 years ago

Getaway uses 4 services switch and as far as I know High Speed uses only 3 - so there is a difference right away that would not make it a simple plug and play (even if it was you would lose some functionality).

Also the connectors are did (I think) - the Getaway uses a flat Molex connector that plugs into a board near the coin door vs. High Speed probably feeds back to the main board in the back box.

If they both used the same system processor, then yes, but since they don't - not likely without changing the connectors (and still missing a service button).

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Getaway uses 4 services switch and as far as I know High Speed uses only 3 - so there is a difference right away that would not make it a simple plug and play (even if it was you would lose some functionality).
Also the connectors are did (I think) - the Getaway uses a flat Molex connector that plugs into a board near the coin door vs. High Speed probably feeds back to the main board in the back box.
If they both used the same system processor, then yes, but since they don't - not likely without changing the connectors (and still missing a service button).

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside