(Topic ID: 247299)

High Speed coin door buttons not working.

By Andy_B

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Andy_B
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Andy_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi. 

I had a fully working but very dirty High Speed until I removed the playfield to clean it. On re-fitting I have a clean High Speed but no longer fully working 

I can't get into audits or adjustments with the coin door buttons. If I press the Advance button the pin goes straight into MUSIC TEST and I can't advance out of it. I have to switch the machine off. The buttons were working fine before. 

The ADVANCE and AUTO UP/MANUAL DOWN buttons connect to U14 which I  swapped but no change. I also swapped U56 but misread the poor quality copy schematic and should have swapped U36 which is connected to the MEMORY PROTECT switch. Surprisingly swapping U56 didn't change anything  

I have checked U36 (7404) pins 10 and 11 (MEMORY PROTECT) with the logic probe and it seems to be giving the correct output for a given input, which changes when the switch is pressed as expected.

I can start and play a game OK otherwise. 

The only other IC in play is PIA U51. Any suggestions before I pull the trigger on this chip?

Thanks 

Andy 

#3 4 years ago

Finally enlisted the help of my daughter as I couldn't reach U14 with the logic probe as well as press the coin door buttons.

As soon as I started testing the buttons they started working again, without me doing anything. They continued to work after several power cycles. The next day I was again only able to get MUSIC TEST.

I think it may be an issue with the AUTO UP/MANUAL DOWN button as if its a logic failure I doubt it would be intermittent.

3 months later
#4 4 years ago

Just realised I haven't finalised this post. I had a loose wire on the diagnostic buttons that must have been making intermittent contact.

It finally broke off the other day. Resoldered and all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Andy_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-coin-door-buttons-not-working?tu=Andy_B and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.