(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2810 4 years ago

I see the stop light housing is available but not the wiring and light assembly. Anyone have details on making one?

3 weeks later
#2811 4 years ago

Can one of you fine gents post a picture of your upper flipper wiring. From memory I have 2 yellow/blue going to right lug (branded side of diode) and a yellow/black going to left lug.

This is my last remaining issue. Upper flipper does not work at all. New flipper mech and new flipper board.

Can a bad cap on the button cabinet switches cause this?

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey Woody,
Since your right lower flipper is working, If you have not done so yet, I would check continuity between the cabinet flipper switch BLK/YEL wire to the Coil Lug BLK/YEL wire on your upper right flipper. (see pic below) Possibly a molex terminal has slipped out of one of the dark brown connectors in the lower back cabinet. There are TWO connectors you need to check. See Pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

10-4, I was just about to do that. Coil is getting power, I shorted it and it fires, so it has to be something with that black/yellow wire or the cabinet switch. A bad cap on the cabinet switch would not cause this would it??

I wanted to get the rest of the game put back together before my daughters halloween party today.

Thanks for your help

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey Woody,
Since your right lower flipper is working, If you have not done so yet, I would check continuity between the cabinet flipper switch BLK/YEL wire to the Coil Lug BLK/YEL wire on your upper right flipper. (see pic below) Possibly a molex terminal has slipped out of one of the dark brown connectors in the lower back cabinet. There are TWO connectors you need to check. See Pics.

well, checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I am not sure if a bad cap Would cause that to not fire. Have you shorted the switch itself at the switch solder connections where the cap is soldered? There could be a problem with the switch blades. How are the switch contacts?

they actually look pretty decent - I am stumped on this one.

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

When you

What did you short to get the coil to fire?

I just clipped to side rail and touched the non banded side lug.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

This is very basic but Did you check the flipper switch for continuity? place the DMM probes on the solder tabs fo the switch at the BLK/YEL and ORG/VIO then press the flipper button. I am at a loss here and thinking it is going to be a very odd failure.

i did, but checked again it is good

#2824 4 years ago

go up to post 2812 a few up from here and look at that pic and then look at this one I found on internet.

so witch one is correct? The EOS wiring is different

My game came wired like pic in 2812 so that is what I mirrored when I did my flipper upgrade.

Just for giggles I switched my wiring like the my pic below and flipper still does work during game play.

Can someone who has this game confirm which is correct?

5114dcc3988a93c970a0f06cfbaf987b (resized).jpg5114dcc3988a93c970a0f06cfbaf987b (resized).jpg
#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I don't see any difference other then 2812 has a cap installed across the EOS switch. Caps were not installed on series wound coils tho.

The switch wires are going to different lugs

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Sometimes you have continuity but it wont pass any current (poor connection). What happens when you ground the Black/yellow wire at the cab switch?

did this and the coil fired

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to check for continuity from the other wire on the cabinet switch to the connector on the CPU board.

did this and tested good, pin 1 on J19 to the coil and pressed the cabinet switch in and it has continuity.

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The only thing left is the cabinet switch contacts are too worn or dirty to work.

Yea, I cleaned them several times. I was about to order some more cabinet switches.

Thanks for the walk through.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Just jumper it with an alligator clip to see if it flips. Then you will know for sure.

can you explain how to do this? want to make sure I do it correctly.

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

use a jumper wire to the ORG/VIO & BLK/YEL on the solder lugs of the switch. This will only work if you have an active game or in diagnostic mode such as switch edges or switch levels. If the solenoid operates your switch is suspect.
[quoted image]

10-4, thank you very much.

I am going to assume this is the problem. Not sure what else it could be.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Just jumper it with an alligator clip to see if it flips. Then you will know for sure.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

use a jumper wire to the ORG/VIO & BLK/YEL on the solder lugs of the switch. This will only work if you have an active game or in diagnostic mode such as switch edges or switch levels. If the solenoid operates your switch is suspect.
[quoted image]

just did this and started game and upper flipper fired and held until I took jumper off. Ordered a new switch.

Thanks monkfe, grumpy, and pin-pilot

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Great! I always replace flipper switches. Its easy and they usually need to be replaced when you get a used game.

now I know, I have never had one fail like this. I have always cleaned them up and they work again.

1 week later
#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

My latest cheap pinball pickup is also the worst condition pin I have ever bought!! The playfield on this poor high speed, feels like it has been outside for a while. The boards have alkaline damage, the head of the cab need a new bottom. But the plastics, backglass and bottom of the cab are great! So, I bought it for $200. I have to go pick it up this week or next. Given where it is, on the third floor of a log cabin, on the side of a Mountain, it’s taking some planning.
I went onsite to diagnose this machine, but obviously they decided to sell it instead. As bad as it is, I plan to refurb the boards, order a hardtop and make it new again![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I picked one up in worse condition about a month ago and just got it finished up. I spent about $1000 in parts. Not the best looking game, but it plays so good. I bought a box of parts from a guy in florida and hav a bunch left over. I might have something you need. I decided not to do a hardtop (money and time I did not want to spend on a $1500 game. I bought the laminated insert decals from planetary and a full playfield mylar sheet from marco. Looks pretty darn good and plays crazy fast. Hard to believe you still have the original topper. Those things always get broken.

1 week later
#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yes, hes working on it...I should be getting a prototype any day now....

Sweet.

1 month later
#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Hey folks, I got a picture for a High Speed I'm checking out - it looked to me at first that this might be faded, but looking at other pictures on the internet I'm not so sure. What do you guys think?[quoted image]

I think your good, just needs some LED treatment

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from Shubox:

I am sure this answer is right in front of me, however does anyone know how to get the ramp decal for the clear High Speed ramp?
I just purchased a high speed pinball with a clear ramp and noticed that some guys have the decal. Is there only one company making this clear ramp ?
Any help would be appreciated thank you.[quoted image][quoted image]

not sure about decal, but your playfield looks amazing

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You could probably fahricate a replacement. Or maybe someone has one in their spare parts pile.

I might have one or know someone who does

2 weeks later
#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1. So after opening up my High Speed and really looking at the Power Control board... I am scared of my pinball machine. I just ordered a reconditioned board off of Ebay that looks brand new for $60 and a set of 200 molex connectors off of amazon for $15 to fix this mess. Hopefully this will fix the loud humming noises on my machine and will make comfortable enough to sleep at night without worrying about the house burning down. This board was one of the last original boards in the machine. I'm sure someone will want a System 11 board to tinker with.
2. The volume on my high speed does not go below movie theater sound commercial levels. I may be imagining things, but it seems the sound effects are way louder than the music when I play. The simple fix should be to just add a supplemental potentiometer (primitive volume knob/resistor) in the wiring before the stock volume knob. Would I add that knob below the left, middle, or right connector?
3. My playfield really isn't that bad when I step back and look at things. I have sourced another original pop cap and center plastic off of ebay. I may attempt a little touchup here and there (like the red in the drain on the left) but will probably just leave it as is as I'm going to have to let this (or my new Taxi) go when I get the call for Rick and Morty. The only thing that's really bothering me is the mylar by the right drop... maybe some glue... If I did anything beyond that it would be a hardtop, but I don't know that this machine warrants it.
4. Machine plays pretty much perfectly (except for the volume). I did notice that since I leveled the machine when the ball pops from the capture hole to feed the right flipper, it tends to bounce off of the side rail and make the ramp shot about impossible. I'll have to fidget with it and see if I can adjust it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, that playfield looks great. Rock it!

I have a reworked power supply if you need one and a MPU and a flipper board and a display board. All gone over by one of the best.

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from detroitzoran:

Sure. However, if you're an Amazon Prime user, you can buy it from this link and get free shipping. amazon.com link »

just ordered one through prime, thanks for posting. Mod looks great

4 weeks later
#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I've officially reached peak levels of "meh"with the shooter lane on my hardtop, and I'm willing to try an idea my friend threw out: waterslide decals, under a white painted lane. Does anyone have or know where I could find a high-res photo of a bare playfield with a nice shooter lane, taken directly above? Bonus points if there's something in the photo my wife can use for size reference to properly scale prior to printing the decal.

whats going on?

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I ordered the green one off of amazon and got it in 1 day. Looks great

3 years later
#6007 4 months ago

Looking to get back in but want a really nice one. I have owned probably 8 different ones. Would really like one with a restored cleared playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.