(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tvp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Currently uploading to Youtube. Watching the video, yes the top pop bumper needs to be tweaked a little

Your upper flipper is pretty strong. Is the coil stock?

I have a FL23/600 coil (per the manual), rebuilt per vids sticky, eos adjusted properly, new flipper switch, bushing and bat shaft clean/smooth, ramp is in great condition. I wish mine had a little more strength.?.

Nice looking machine.

9 months later
#1061 9 years ago

High Speed upper right flipper has a sfl23600/30-2600 coil. Could use more power.

Did a complete rebuild kit, bushing, coil stop, eos, sleeve, plunger, installed bat with gap, followed vid's rebuild guide exactly, replaced flipper switch, etc.. I've put in a bunch rebuild kits in other games.

I want more power out of the coil. I'm at a point where I want to put in a bigger coil. What coil would be more powerful to get up ramp? Ramp is in great shape, cover not touching ball, everything is solid and lined up like new.

#1070 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

What is causing you to want more power? That ramp shot is supposed to be difficult to hit, requiring just the right timing to get it up and over...

I can hit star trek upper right flipper warp 9.x every game. I can hit spiderman upper right flipper 15x per game. Getting the upper right flipper up the ramp on HS is once every 15 games. Ball shooter runs up every time. I don't know what's up.

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

No offense, but it could be your timing. I am assuming the flipper is lined up properly so the ball flows smoothly off of it. I can hit my ramp on HS about 80% of the time, but can't hit the fault shot on es for the life of me.
All a more powerful coil will do is break the plastics, the ramp, bend the targets, etc...if the proper coil is in there, verify your flipper is lined up right, and practice!

Thanks for the reply. I have ~1k plays on it over the past two years. You get 80% and I get .03% so that is where I am at.

I noticed that with the right cabinet flipper button, the upper flipper is the left most switch of the dual cabinet flipper switch - upper right then lower right when depressed slowly.

It just seems very weak.

#1078 9 years ago

Here is a picture of my flipper coils. The lower flippers are fine.

The manual states fl23/600-30/2600 for all three flippers.

The lower left is a fl-11630. The lower right is fl11629. The upper right is sfl23600.

The pinballmedic coil chart says that the 11630 is a standard Williams flipper strength coil used on almost all system 11 machines. It says the 11629 is a stronger flipper. Both of these flippers have the same strength during gameplay. A good hit produces a nice smooth loop shot that is not over powering.

When I look at the upper flipper coil it is noticeable narrower than the lower two flipper coils. The overall coil width is 1" compared to 1.5" on the lower coils.

The EOS switch only opens up as the flipper nears end of travel. It does not open early.

Thoughts?

lower.jpglower.jpg upper.jpgupper.jpg
#1079 9 years ago

I replaced the upper sfl23600 flipper coil with a 11630 from a different machine and I can now make the ramp with no problems.

I think I may get a 11630 and permanently leave it up there.?.?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tvp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=tvp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.