(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,932 posts
  • 376 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jeffreymabq
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201129_142023 (resized).jpg
20200726_142349 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211011_170332 (resized).jpg
IMG_4852 (resized).JPG
20210822_142823 (resized).jpg
20210822_142741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210926_171151 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210926_085212 (resized).jpg
P9260032 (resized).JPG
P9260034 (resized).JPG
P9260033 (resized).JPG
20210920_211104 (resized).jpg
HS 6 (resized).jpg
PF_R_Hideout_flipper (resized).JPG
PF_L_Hideout_Close (resized).JPG
PF_Full_prog2 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (4 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teejay68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4866 47 days ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

How hard is it to convert the beacon to 12 volts? Tried the led from Comet that is supposed to work in the beacon but found it wasn't as bright as the incan.

I made my own conversion using a bridge to rectify and then a simple DC-DC buck converter, dialed it down to 12V and used a red #1156 bulb that you can get at any automotive store or online. Or you can use any bulb with the same base, such as #89. I did this to my High Speed and my friend's F14 Tomcat as well, the picture is from the F14, the converter is in the top right corner

12v conversion (resized).jpg
#4874 41 days ago

Just finished testing the new under cabinet lighting circuit that I designed and programmed using an Arduino microcontroller. The ambient lighting is green and is dimmable in a steady state, or can be set to "breathe", then shuts off when the rotating beacon activates and the red and blue flash. All the patterns can be changed within the software and so far my favorite pattern is: the red and blue lights strobe for 5 sets of 5 quick strobes, then 5 sets of quick solid back and forth flashes then the cycle repeats. Adds a whole new level to the police chase. Here are a couple quick videos of the results, with the green lighting set to breathe.

#4882 38 days ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

I like it. Is it as bright as it seems in the video? I might want it toned down a bit, hard to say from the video. Are you planning on doing a how to, or selling units?

It's not as bright as it seems in the videos, the camera even picks up the playfield lighting and makes it seem brighter too. In a totally dark room it is pretty intense but not blinding, I may revise the circuit and re-write a portion of the program to add dimming to the strobe strips if it bothers me or I can change the flash patterns in the software to be less intense, I have only played a dozen or so games so far.
All of my electronics/Arduino projects that I do are just a one-off hobby, so I hand build the circuits on perfboard after testing on a breadboard. I could write a how to and share my circuit and Arduino code if someone was interested, and I may get a few PCB's made once I am happy with a final design, I am designing a lighted shooter plate cover that is lit all the time and then flashes more brightly when a ball is waiting in the lane to be plunged, and this would be added to the same board and program too.
Here are a few pics of the board, lightstrips, and schematic that is currently installed:

20210913_212443 (resized).jpg20210913_234419 (resized).jpgcircuit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teejay68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside