(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshotz23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1470 8 years ago

Hi folks. I'm a new member and just bought my first machine. High Speed! It needs some work to get it playing but I'm looking forward to repairing it. Paid $500 for it. Play field has a little wear but not too bad. Need to replace some targets and some lights. It turns on and music and displays all work. Won't start a game though. Plan on troubleshooting it with a friend who is a collector soon. It has the siren on it which I was happy about. Anyway I may have some questions soon and it's awesome this club exists! Can't wait to play! Cheers!

1 month later
#1508 8 years ago

Hey guys. So I'm having trouble with my machine I recently got. I got it playing with a few minor issues for a couple weeks. It seemed the out hole switch would stop working intermittently. Then the power went out completely. I replaced a fuse in the power supply and it powers on fine again. Problem now is it will only start a game now and then. When it does it won't eject the ball. Switch test seems fine on all of them. Checked them with a ball to simulate game play. The coil test isn't working how it did before. Some fire off but others don't. It doesn't flash that any are bad or anything after the test though just like the switches. I went through with my fluke multimeter and did resistance tests in all the coils, they all had at least 3 ohms which I think indicates they are good. This machine is all original and probably hasn't been maintenced in fifteen or more years. I'm at a loss to diagnose the problem or problems. I've traced continuity through a lot and tested all the fuses. My troubleshooting has led me to much frustration. I made the rookie mistake of buying my first machine as a project and really am regretting it. Any help or ideas what be really appreciated. On the upside I'm getting a lights camera action that works perfectly next week so at least I'll have a working pin while I try to get high speed fixed. Please help me figure out what I can do. I've gone through guides for system 11 to no avail. When I turn it on it doesn't show anything on the display that would indicate a problem. Super frustrated after spending hours (again) trying to troubleshoot it.

1 year later
#1723 7 years ago

Hi guys. Been a while since I posted. I've got my High Speed almost 100% working. Finally got the speech to work thanks to my good friend Mike Huntsman. Almost done shopping it completely and waiting for some LED's to come in the mail for the back glass. Only issue left is my player 2 alphanumeric display does not work. Hopefully have that resolved soon. Should be ready to play perfectly by next week. I'll post some pics. This was my first pin and it's been a labor of love with a lot of frustration. The 500 dollar beat up non working game I brought home a year ago is now a beautiful machine that plays great. Super happy and very thankful to all of the information you guys have provided from this group. Truly thank you all it's been a helpful resource when things got tough.

#1726 7 years ago

One thing I think I do need is one of those clear ramps..

1 month later
#1758 6 years ago

Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction for help. My left, right and kickback coils are not firing. They click in test mode but otherwise don't work in gameplay. Is this likely a CPU issue or possibly a switch thing? I'm a new pin owner and am learning as I go. I have a DMM and can solder. Studying the schematics I don't see the kickback in relation to the left and right. Any help is greatly appreciated

#1760 6 years ago

The fuse was blown. Picking some up today. Hopefully that's all it needs. Curious why it blew though. Thanks

#1761 6 years ago

So the fuse fixed that issue but as I was play testing I found my top pop bumper when hit activates the tilt?! I recently rebuilt the bumpers and I thought they were working fine. Now I'm really confused. What might cause this? I didn't unsolder anything on the switch but I did on the coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshotz23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=skillshotz23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.