(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rythom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

Im so in!! I've always loved this machine, and now that I actually have one, the magic is stronger than ever. Running from the cops is fun, but im all about lighting those spinners and cranking 'em!!

Im going to be doing a flipper rebuild this winter and cannot wait to really give my HS some high speed!

2 months later
#91 10 years ago

I rebuilt the flippers on my HS over the weekend, gave it a couple of really good coats of wax, oiled the spinners, cleaned the inserts, and I tell you what...it's like I got a new game! Here I was thinking HS had gotten boring and I was ready to trade it and change up my lineup. But now, High Speed is now better than ever!! The ball goes through left and right orbits all the way around 70% of the time, the ramp is "warp ramp" fast, and since waxing the wireforms ramps and balls, the kickouts are completely unpredictable! I love love love love LOVE it!

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from devils4ever:

I have read to never oil or grease anything on or under the playfield since it attracts grit, grime, metal shavings, etc. I've always followed that rule.

That's what I read too, but then I read that if you use just -one- drop of vegetable oil at each contact point of the spinner target to the gate, amazing things happen. They were right - they seriously spin 5-10x more than before. Suddenly, lighting the spinners becomes a super fun (and profitable) part of the game!

I had some drop targets that were gummed up with sludgy lubricants and understand the damage oil can do to mechs...but this is really no big deal and too much fun not to do

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've had mine for four months and never waxed it before. It was like a whole new game - it felt twice as fast!

Agreed! It's like a whole new game! I let mine go for too long without a good waxing and have been having soooo much fun with it since. The orbit becomes truly an orbit - not just a lobbing shot into the pops. Wax the habitrails and balls too - the speed of the returns becomes a whole additional challenge!

2 weeks later
#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

RyThom, a fellow High Speed owner is getting the Helicopter plastic!
RyThom , just put it in the mail for ya and will be heading your way!

Thanks so much, Jeff! I'll post a photo, and maybe even a video, as soon as I get it installed.

1 week later
#272 10 years ago

Uh-oh...they've got a chopper!!

2014-02-18 21.45.37.jpg2014-02-18 21.45.37.jpg

Thanks to Jeff_PHX_AZ my High Speed police chases now have a helicopter! Thank you so much for generously sending it to me! It fills in the design of the game nicely...and I got 4M my first game with the chopper in pursuit!

While it looks pretty snazzy here by the outlane (even though it looks like its about to crash into the cabinet...) I really wanted to install the helicopter plastic near the left orbit, however the threading on the convenient post wasn't long enough to secure it.

2014-02-19 09.54.00.jpg2014-02-19 09.54.00.jpg

This seems like the perfect spot, showing the helicopter assisting with the pursuit in progress down below, flying down the express way...and it's also nicely lit. Does anybody have any ideas on how to mount it here?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 72.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rythom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=rythom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.