(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

My first pin also. So many "one more game" attempts at getting the jackpot.

The ramp is cracked along the seam right at the left entrance and traveling up a few inches. Any suggestions for repair? I've tried Krazy Glue with limited success.

2 months later
#121 10 years ago

I've had mine for four months and never waxed it before. It was like a whole new game - it felt twice as fast!

Last week, I watched a really good player explain how he plays (while he played MM). Since then I've really been focusing on just improving my skills. Then last night I watched a papa.tv video on Tron, and suddenly I feel like a different player.

Figured out a more reliable way to hit the jackpot (and stop blaming my cracked ramp). Been racking up multiple extra balls for the first time. I've recommitted to cradling during multiball - finally discovered what happens if you light all the lights after hitting the jackpot!

tldr; gotta love High Speed!

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Hs mods...
20140125_174852.jpg 173 KB

At first I was very confused, and then...genius.

1 week later
#178 10 years ago

Let's not turn this into a repair thread.

I'll start: my shooter knob was so mushroomed that I couldn't remove it from the shooter housing. Well, got a new shooter housing tonight, and was finally able to give it a new spring (and got the correct screws so it's more secure in the cabinet). I also replaced the right side flipper switch(es).

I swear, I'm making the right ramp shot much more solidly now. Put up several great games in a row!

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You were using it without the rubber tip?

When I bought it, the top of the tip was hanging by a thread (figuratively). I replaced it with a new tip, but it didn't fit correctly (due to the mushrooming). Because I couldn't pull the shooter out, I couldn't replace the spring or the shooter sleeve. Tonight I replaced everything.

Maybe someone in the past was using it without a tip...don't know for sure. But the one it had when I got it looked *really* old.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

On my hs, I had to take a hacksaw to the original shooter rod in the game. It had mushroomed,then it appeared someone hit it with a mini sledge to get a tip onto it

Interesting. I might try that. My new housing is a bit smaller than the old so you can see a thin border of unpainted cabinet around it.

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Why not? We all have HS's, what better way to get help then from others with the same game.

It's not that people can't or shouldn't ask questions and get answers here, but I think if it takes 10 consecutive posts of back and forth, then it probably deserves its own thread with a link to it here. But I could be wrong, and I'm not that passionate about it.

4 weeks later
#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

A strong shot to the left orbit does go all the way to the third flipper on my HS.

For sure. This is the only way I can semi-reliably hit the ramp shot.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

When you fire up your game are you getting and switch errors? It sound like the game spits out the first ball and the lane switch isn't registering properly so the game doesn't think it kicked a ball out, so it kicks out a second ball. I would test to make sure your switch is registering properly.

That would be my guess also. It should be giving you time to shoot that second ball into the lock.

I think you should also get the car tires squealing away sound whenever you plunge a ball (except maybe when feeding them to the locks for multiball?). So if that isn't happening, just more evidence that the switch isn't working.

2 weeks later
#521 10 years ago

I've been super confused by this whole conversation about the cover. I didn't even know High Speed had one! I've played about 1500 games on mine, which came without it, and the ball has never once flown off.

Occasionally on a REALLY hard ramp shot, the diverter will come in late and send the ball up into the glass, but it stays in the ramps and continues on along its normal path. This would almost certainly be fixed by adjusting the diverter to trigger a little sooner. I know it needs that adjustment because a few times the ball has been too fast for the diverter to catch up, so it continues through and back down to the upper right flipper.

1 week later
#547 10 years ago

Looks great! Though the area right under the ramp looks sad and bare.

I still don't understand why the angle of the ramp needs to change. Never had a problem with my roofless original ramp.

#556 10 years ago

Quick question: what number & color bulb is supposed to be to the left of the outhole? Mine is a really bright green, and I stand at just the right angle where I have an unobstructed line of sight directly into it.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Under the lane guide? Not sure I understand exactly which light you are referring to (Photo?). If it is the one under the lane guide it is just typical GI...in my case I have out in a frosted LED.

Jeff_PHX_AZ got it right. Sorry, maybe outhole was the wrong word...the escape hole. There is a bulb just left of it. Will put in a 47 and see how that goes.

1 week later
#620 10 years ago

Put in new double leaf switch for the right flipper button (transferring over the two big old orange diodes?) and new EOS switch on both right flippers. Now getting a blown fuse very often that happens exclusively when pressing the right flipper button (and, I think, only when hard enough to activate the upper flipper). Can anyone post a pic of their upper right flipper wiring? Wondering if I wired something incorrectly.

1 month later
#898 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I played a few games last night and had the ball fly out and land in the top right corner of the pf on top of the corner plastic on 3 seperate plunger shots. What do others have for a shooter spring? Mine is a strong one, a red.

It's supposed to be red with the stock ramp. But maybe you can get away with something weaker on the clear ramp. Basically you just want it to be able to get all the way around.

3 months later
#1008 9 years ago

I feel like my High Speed is rather dark. I've got mostly incandescents throughout, with some (not that awesome) LEDs installed before I got it. Also, the lights are out on the pops, so I need to fix those.

Any suggestions for brightening it up a bit? Anyone use spots? And if so, where?

2 months later
#1075 9 years ago

For the weak flipper - it's not the gapping of the EOS, is it? If the gap is too small, the high power of the coil will cut out sooner than you'd want it to.

Also, are you always attempting ramp shots from balls coming out of the saucer? I have a really hard time with those (because the kickout is always a little different and balls don't hug the rail). However, shots into the left orbit, and all the way around to the right are *much* easier to shoot into the ramp.

1 month later
#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I already moved the two right posts wide right, and that doesn't seem to be impacting the game play much.
-mof

I've recently noticed that on my machine - there are circles drawn on the playfield where the right outlane posts could be repositioned to...but no actual holes. Anyone else have this?

Quoted from BMHouze:

I have mine set to hard and it ramps up. Not getting a 'free' stoplight for completing the ramp. Having to re-light the kickback. it adds up. I am pretty sure it also lowers the amount of time to get the spinner to advance the ramp values and light extra ball.

There is also a setting so that the saucer doesn't spot a free light.

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from jhanson:

Couple of flashers don't work (haven't looked into this yet so could be just the bulbs)

Maybe you already know this, but the flashers on High Speed are like an old-school string of lightbulbs - if one of them is out, the whole string goes out.

#1105 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It needs a stiffer shooter spring, I put a red in mine and make sure you put a new shooter tip on.

I think he was saying the trough isn't strong enough to kick the ball into the shooter lane.

That'll be easy to fix, but it involves rebuliding/replacing some part of the mech that kicks the ball out. Best case scenario is it's a $1 plastic coil sleeve that needs to be replaced. Worst case would probably be that the wrong coil is installed ($10 to replace), but that's probably not likely.

I'd take it apart and if it looks really old and worn, replace the: coil sleeve, plunger, plunger spring, and coil stop. Other things: the connection to the coil could be loose. The coil could be loose in the bracket (and just needs to be tightened).

I think that covers most of it!

TLDR; Even if you don't have experience with stuff like that, it'll very likely be one of the easy type fixes that you'll need to learn.

1 month later
#1157 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Well sounds like one more problem I have to fix then! Not too familiar with the game play yet, is there a 3 ball multi? I've had the 2 ball and it hasn't gone off, sounds like it should have though! Thanks for the help! Like the gameplay so far, just wish I wouldn't have bought so much of a project!

There is no 2 ball multi-ball, just a 3 ball multi-ball. When it starts, you hard plunge the next ball up the ramp and into one of the locks, and then it gives you a 3rd ball in the shooter lane, which you can hard plunge up the ramp and into a lock, or soft plunge and try to trap on a flipper (to give yourself time to line up a shot before it kicks the others out).

If you can't hard plunge up and around the ramp, your spring is either the wrong kind (should be the strongest possible), or it's worn out.

#1163 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

If that's the case then my game is messing up. The ball will lock on the right side, if I hard plunge it ejects the ball on the right and doesn't divert the other ball to the left. Hmmm. OK thanks, I'll add that to my list

Yeah. The first ball goes to the right side. Second ball goes to the left. Third ball goes to the right, and then it ejects right, left, right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.