(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,214 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by R23HTC
  • Topic is favorited by 233 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240322_224010527 (resized).jpg
IMG_6217 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240317_215329874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_215316114 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2635 4 years ago

Speaking of stoplights, I should share a mod that I am working on. I was chatting with Freeplay40 about his repro HS ramp and the requirement to relocate the stock stoplight. When he found out I 3D print, he asked if I could design a much thinner housing that could use LEDs in order to clean up the look of the chunky black box and allow for easier relocation. My HS is still packed up from the NWPAS, but when it is set back up, I'll finish figuring out the mounting options. I am pretty sure I can get it to fit vertically next to one of his ramps instead of having to go in the back corner. I will make a custom pcb with surface mount LEDs and run a pigtail out of the bottom of the housing to plug into the stock harness. Feel free to PM me directly with questions. I'll start my own thread if needed.

20190707_194408_sm (resized).jpg20190707_194408_sm (resized).jpg
#2638 4 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Can this be scaled to replace the HS Getaway traffic signal? Its clunky big box looks awful as well...

Sure, that would be easy. Only question would be the lenses used. I am considering printing my own with translucent filament anyway, so probably a moot point. I don't have a HS2, so would need to get my hands on one to figure out what will work.

1 month later
#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Coil stops and or plungers are wearing out. Or the incorrect coil stops were installed.

Agreed. I had this issue on mine and it was thanks to an incorrect length coil stop put on at some point.

2 months later
#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Did this mod ever make it off the ground?

Nearly. Just slow in fiddling with the details.

20191027_191315.jpg20191027_191315.jpg20191027_191317.jpg20191027_191317.jpg20191027_191336.jpg20191027_191336.jpg
1 month later
#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwabee1:

Wow looks perfect. Are they available for sale?

Not quite yet.

1 week later
#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Look what Santa brought me![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LED stoplight finished and now available! Details here; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-led-stoplight#post-5413329

DSC07188 (2) (resized).JPGDSC07188 (2) (resized).JPGDSC07190 (2) (resized).JPGDSC07190 (2) (resized).JPGDSC07193 (2) (resized).JPGDSC07193 (2) (resized).JPG
4 months later
#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Where can one purchase one of these vertical lights? I like it
Or the translucent red ramp. I dont see it anywhere either. Cheers

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1252-robtune-/03631-high-speed-led-stoplight

3 months later
#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from LanceCT:

I don't have one but I can one to borrow

At the same time borrow the owner as well

1 month later
#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Great_Man:

For all new High Speed owners. I strongly recommend that you consider the stop light mod that has been created by RobTune. I did it on my machine - actually painted it School Bus Yellow - and it really opens up the ramp. From a DIY perspective - I would call it about a 5 out of 10 for difficulty. For pinball work I would call it a 2 out of 10 for difficulty. Good Luck.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting the feedback.

1 month later
#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Can anyone confirm the flipper coil stops are supposed to be A-10821 which are .330"?
I have ordered flipper coil stops from Marco and Pinball life and they are .370", and it's really confusing me..

When I needed to figure out replacements, A-10821 is what I concluded were the correct ones as well.

10 months later
#4935 2 years ago

Thought I would share a little mod that I made while restoring my topside. I wanted to update the standard black and off-white spacers used on the plastics. I came up with a tree trunk shape and printed them in green so they would blend in . It's subtle, but I am happy with how they turned out.

DSC08761 (resized).JPGDSC08761 (resized).JPGDSC08762 (resized).JPGDSC08762 (resized).JPG
#4941 2 years ago

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I wasn't really expecting to sell kits, but it seems there might be enough interest. I kind of made the design quick and dirty, so will think if there are any improvements I want to make. I think I'll pick up some wood filament to see how that looks. I'll create a separate mod thread and folks can PM me directly with questions.

3 weeks later
#4974 2 years ago

Any thoughts on why I cannot get steeper than 5.5deg pitch on my HS would be appreciated!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difficulty-setting-pitch-on-hs#post-6622491

2 weeks later
#4999 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Thought I would share a little mod that I made while restoring my topside. I wanted to update the standard black and off-white spacers used on the plastics. I came up with a tree trunk shape and printed them in green so they would blend in . It's subtle, but I am happy with how they turned out. [quoted image][quoted image]

I printed these with wood filament. I like it better than the green. I then experimented with a little sanding and wood staining. Here is one fresh off the printer next to stained version.

DSC08765 (resized).JPGDSC08765 (resized).JPG
#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

I’m all in, if and when you start selling them!

Yeah, I'll be adding them to pinside shop. Enough people have expressed interest. Just the plain ones though. I am not at a place in life where I have available time to sit down and hand finish scores of tiny little fake tree trunks haha. I think there are a total of 14 pieces for one game.

Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Those look great. Either one really, but the right one (stained?) looks fantastic.

Thanks! Yeah I am really happy with the way the stained ones turned out. I experimented a bit with different techniques and they key was to rough them up a bit with a dremel and green pad wheel. This also resulted in (as Bob Ross would put it) a happy accident when a couple of the thinner branches broke off. It ended up looking much more realistic that way.

1 month later
#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yeah, I'll be adding them to pinside shop. Enough people have expressed interest. Just the plain ones though. I am not at a place in life where I have available time to sit down and hand finish scores of tiny little fake tree trunks haha. .

For those that have asked previously, I finally posted these to my pinside shop.

Thread;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1252-robtune-/05776-hs-tree-spacers
Market;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1252-robtune-/05776-hs-tree-spacers

1 month later
#5173 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

John Deere green

This.

2 weeks later
#5197 2 years ago

A couple questions from working on my HS today;

1) Is there a good method for adjusting the saucer kick out? Mine launches the ball a bit too much upwards. With the plastic off, the ball lifts about an 1" off the PF. With the plastic on, it smacks into it and rattles out of the exit lane. The only way I can see fixing is to put a thin spacer between the eject cam pivot and the kick out solenoid.

2) Does anybody have a recommended source for flipper switch-stack screws? I was replacing switches and had a couple snap on me. I believe they are #5 x 1.5". The only place I can find is Marco, but would rather not spend $7 shipping for 50cents worth of screws if there is a better alternative.

#5222 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Does anybody have a recommended source for flipper switch-stack screws? I was replacing switches and had a couple snap on me. I believe they are #5 x 1.5". The only place I can find is Marco, but would rather not spend $7 shipping for 50cents worth of screws if there is a better alternative.

As a follow-up, I couldn't find this size screw anywhere else. Thanks for the offer for replacement @lovef2k. I decided to make a bracket that eliminates the need for these hard to find screws instead.

This is what happened to both screws when I tried to remove the left flipper button switch stack. It is strange that the right side screws were fine.
DSC09125_sm (resized).jpgDSC09125_sm (resized).jpg

The bracket I made uses M3x30 screws and nuts plus a couple regular hex self tapping screws. Side note, the original stack is a different thickness than the replacement I picked up from pinball life. It works fine in play testing, but it flexes more than I like, so will add some buttressing (read as butt dressing...). I plan on making the final design available for anybody who wants to print their own.

DSC09122_sm (resized).jpgDSC09122_sm (resized).jpg
DSC09123_sm (resized).jpgDSC09123_sm (resized).jpg
DSC09124_sm (resized).jpgDSC09124_sm (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you don't want to, or cant 3-D print a traffic light, I'd HIGHLY recommend the one available in the Pinside store from RobTune.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1252-robtune-/03631-high-speed-led-stoplight
Great quality, and looks like a factory part. I opted for the complete assembly with board and extension cable in case I wanted to mount another elsewhere. Plug and play, and looks awesome! Much better than the busted up original that was held together with electrical tape.
Great upgrade in my opinion
Chris
[quoted image]

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Agree that Rob's light is awesome.... I had repositioned my original light to the left rear corner, but have purchased a second one to replace the original one in the back left corner

Thanks for the nice feedback fellas.

Quoted from The_Great_Man:

I say this a lot but....Painting Rob's great light School Bus Yellow (matches the color on the playfield perfectly) and painting the original light SBY and placing it in the back left corner - Like Freeplay says - is a great idea.
[quoted image]

My first version of this mod used a filament that had a little orange to it. This is probably the version you received? I think my current color is much closer to what you painted yours as.

1 week later
#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

I was able to fix them, i want to install led flashers but I heard that you have to do something to have them work properly. What do i do?

Plenty of threads describe how to do this. I found this one useful;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-warming-resistors

1 year later
#5945 3 months ago
Quoted from nutty:

Thanks RobF
Arrived today to the UK, Top Quality Many Thanks
[quoted image]

Yay, it made it! I really hope you like it in your game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.