(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2056 5 years ago

Not a new club member, but my HS project has been in storage for awhile, so more a restored club member. :]

In the process of getting my machine out of storage, the spacer assembly between the backbox and main cabinet was fragmented, and as I do not have access to a table saw (in the process of building a shop), I was forced to restore the spacer from the pieces one bit at a time. Made from plywood, and stapled together, it was in about 6 pieces and many bits.

That having happened it somewhat put a damper on the enthusiasm of working on my machine, so I've been reading the back pages of the club, and looking at replacement displays while the glue dries.

My question for the group is are any of the new LED display sets better than another? PInscore, Xpin and Rottendog are the players I've come up with, but do not seen anything that particularly sets one manufacturer over another. Also, when last I pursued the restoration, one of the companies was offering a set of red and blue displays, to play on the color of the police lights, for HS, and I wondered if that was still available? I could always get white displays and put gels in front of them, making my own red & blue, but why recreate the wheel if I don't need to.

Thanks much,

Ray~

#2070 5 years ago

Thank you Bellagio and AMBoggs for the information and picture of your displays. Will aim for getting a set from Xpin before too long.

#2071 5 years ago

After many moons (near ten years) I've got my HS out and surprisingly functional Recognizes a coin, attract mode works as it should, and in spite of the condition of the rubber, I was able to play a couple balls. Main issue I find is no sound. First tried the potentiometer to no avail, so started looking more around the backbox, which is when I found two open, male, jacks with four contacts each, one on the MPU board and one on the background sound board (circled in the picture), and wondered if this was part/all of my problem?

HS_missing connection (resized).jpgHS_missing connection (resized).jpg
#2074 5 years ago

Thank you AMBoggs- your picture did the trick and I was able to figure out what went where. Now have sound, and a more complete nostalgia rush. Largest issue that remains are displays, which I have placed an order from Xpin for.

Ray~

#2080 5 years ago

I likely cursed myself and angered the gods, as though I was playing and working on my machine last night with no problems, this morning I turned it on and got some general lighting and five chimes, no motion in the lights, no sound, just the chimes and silence.

I didn't locate anything regarding the meaning of the five chimes- can someone fill me in on what that may be telling me?

Thanks,

Ray~

#2081 5 years ago

Have also removed, checked, and replaced the fuses.

R~

#2083 5 years ago

Thanks AMBoggs.

I didn't find any reference to five chimes at startup, however when I was getting a zaro on the MPU, after (I presume) the startup tests, and chimes, I pushed (SW2) to perform a memory chip test, on a whim- this put the machine into attract mode, accepting credits and playing. On further exploration this works on the first or second memory chip test when the coin door is open, but with the coin door closed, the memory chip test returns a 5 on the seven segment display, and does not go into attract, accept credit, etc. Per the link, a 5 indicates: "Blanking signal "stuck". Could be coin door is closed and memory protection circuit faulty, or U25 RAM bad." How do I diagnose one or the other?

Thanks again.

Ray~

#2086 5 years ago

Thank you Grumpy, I had read that at the link that AMBoggs suggested, but I'm uncertain how to proceed.

On further experimenting, there are two different sounds at startup; first the 5 chimes start and while they are playing, there is a single ping. This is the same ping that can be heard when opening and closing the coin door when the game is in attract mode. I'm thinking the ping is the one tone that indicates the sound and speech hardware is OK. This is fine, but does not explain the 5 chimes that I also hear.

Would it help if I took video of the startup and posted it, so that maybe someone will recognize the chimes?

Ray~

#2088 5 years ago

Grumpy,

Five chimes- not the knocker.

Thanks,
Ray~

#2089 5 years ago

Here is 13 seconds of video with the startup sounds, as well as how it doesn't go into attract mode until I push SW2 for the memory test. The coin door is open for the memory test to work.

Ray~

#2091 5 years ago

Thank you frisbez! Takes one thing off the list knowing what those sounds indicate. I currently don't have batteries in the machine, and have not taken the holder off the mpu or done a memory mod.

Unfortunately I just put in Xpin displays, which I'm having problems getting players 1 and 2 to display more than garbage, so do not see the adjust failure message.

I am unable to get the machine into attract via the coin door buttons.

Thanks again,

Ray~

#2095 5 years ago

Thank you all for your help.

I put the batteries in, after checking as much as possible for previous leak damage (didn't find any- appears clean and pure), but still get the adjust failure chimes and don't enter attract mode. Even took some fine sandpaper lightly across the contacts in the battery holder, but still don't get them recognized as being there.

SkyKings sequence with the coin door buttons worked to get it in to attract mode, but of course, it won't hold if it doesn't recognize the batteries.

Took the two new cables sent by Xpin with my displays, and routed player 1 & 2 to the player 3 & 4 displays, which results in the same garbage on the two lower displays. So, perhaps the cable from the display board to the mpu is bad, or..? I've got a trouble ticket into 21-electronics, and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks again for all the help,

Ray~

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=radius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.