(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popeboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 10 years ago

I'm now in the club (thanks to a great transaction with ajbalch). Unfortunately, the ceiling in my basement is too low to allow for the topper so I had to take it off for now.
Has anyone seen a low-profile replacement or even have an idea on what I could wire in? I have about 3 1/2 inches above the backbox and the topper (I believe) is closer to 5.
I was also thinking of just extending the existing wiring and either hanging it on the side of the backbox (in a way that doesn't damage the wood) or perhaps mounting it on the wall next to the pin. Thoughts?

Here is a pic I took last night that shows my extremely limited clearance.

DSC05944.JPGDSC05944.JPG
#379 10 years ago

That looks cool, but he said it blew up when he wired it to a High Speed.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

Have you considered yet to get shorter legs or modify the existing ones? I mean if you are short by only one and a half or two inches, one shouldn't notice if the cabinet is slightly lowered.

I had not thought of that, good call. After thinking about it myself last night, I think I'm just going to extend the wires about a foot and mount the topper on a small shelf in between the two pin backboxes. I think that will still look pretty cool. I will post a pic after I get it done.
Thanks

#386 10 years ago

Tech question: I did notice that after I get one ball locked for multiball, the second ball kicks into the shooter lane... then about one second later a second ball kicks into the shooter lane (the third ball). If you don't shoot the first ball immediately, you end up with two balls simultaneously in the lane.
Now, if you shoot them out it lets you play a normal 3 ball multiball without error... but I'm thinking this is not the way it is supposed to function.
Any thoughts on what I should start checking to see what is causing this?

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The light revolves so your going to pull all that out and make a box to house the motor right. Sounds like a project.

I knew it revolved, but did not think about needing to enclose the motor, I will have to reconnect and see exactly what I will be dealing with.

Quoted from kporter946286:

When you fire up your game are you getting and switch errors? It sound like the game spits out the first ball and the lane switch isn't registering properly so the game doesn't think it kicked a ball out, so it kicks out a second ball. I would test to make sure your switch is registering properly.

No errors when I fire up the game, but I will definitely test the switch. Thanks.

#391 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

That would be my guess also. It should be giving you time to shoot that second ball into the lock.
I think you should also get the car tires squealing away sound whenever you plunge a ball (except maybe when feeding them to the locks for multiball?). So if that isn't happening, just more evidence that the switch isn't working.

I do get the tires squealing sound when I shoot a ball. It only seems to happen when you have one ball locked. I'll do a little testing and see if I can narrow this down. Thanks for the direction so far.

Edit: What you said just made me wonder if maybe the switch for the left ball lock is stuck on... if that is what triggers the launch of the third ball. Something else to check.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, the motor hangs from the top board in the bb. Gonna be a fun project.

Actually I just looked at it again last night. The hole on the top of the backbox that it mounts to is about 4" in diameter (just guessing, didn't actually measure it), I was thinking I could just buy the right size hole saw and pop a hole in the little shelf, screw it to the bottom of that like it is mounted in the machine. The motor itself is enclosed and pretty small.

Update on my double kick out issue with multiball. Ran the switch test last night and no stuck switches. Ran the switch edge test and hand tested all the switches, they all registered properly.
I locked a ball in the kick out hole instead of a hideout and that started a 2 ball multiball properly. Only seems to be an issue if I lock a ball in the hideout to start multiball. Then it kicks out the first in to the shooter lane, waits about a second (which is enough time to launch the first ball if you are quick), then kicks a second ball in to the shooter lane.
Again I am assuming this is not the normal function since I am new to this machine.
Thoughts?

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Test the switches with a ball, not your hand. I'm still guessing you have a flakey switch in the hideout or the trough.

Ok, will do.

1 week later
#426 10 years ago
Quoted from erok:

Watching the PAPA gameplay video I see what's going on now. In the video after you shoot the ramp and the left side locks the ball in the hide out, it send one ball to the shooter lane. After it's shot a second is sent out.
Mine is sending both out at the same time. What would be causing that?

That's funny, mine is doing the same thing except on the right hideout (ball in left hideout seems to work correctly).
I will experiment some more this weekend and see what happens.

1 month later
#627 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Now getting a blown fuse very often that happens exclusively when pressing the right flipper button (and, I think, only when hard enough to activate the upper flipper).

I'm at work now so I can't get you a pic, but maybe also check the diode across the coil on that flipper? First (and only time) I rebuilt a flipper, I unknowingly blew the diode and every time I activated that flipper it would immediately blow the fuse. Replaced it and all was well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popeboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=popeboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.