(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 10 years ago

I picked up a beat HS a few months back from a friend. The machines was previously routed and everything on it was battered. I managed to get a plastic kit from Marco, as well as the stencils he carries and a new CPR back glass to replace the photocopied version the cab came with. I am hoping and praying I can get my hands on a CPR playfield or a used slightly less battered one so I can begin my restore.

1 month later
#186 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Also, finding a NOS HS PF in good shape is damn near impossible. It boils down to how little wear you can find in a replacement PF.
Glad I got mine. One issue (waiting to hear back fro CPR on), but still happy.

Not sure if it is still available, but a guy on KLOV had an NOS HS PF for sale for something like $850. It had some raised inserts, but aside from that looked good. It was just too far out of my budget with the work and eventual clear coat. The guy seemed pretty solid.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=298951&highlight=High+Speed

#189 10 years ago

Very nice. I can't wait to get started on mine. I keep telling myself that I need to finish off the Space Invaders first

#240 10 years ago

Jim did an amazing job on that. I can only hope my restore comes out half as nice. The guy has some serious skills.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are these metal things used for? They are all over the pf plastic pieces.

HS metal pieces-101.JPG 175 KB

Does anyone know where I can buy replacements for these "ball blocks"? The ones on my SI and HS are shot and I would like to buy some new ones.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good question. No idea, I've never seen new ones.

Sadly, this is what I was afraid of. Are there suitable replacement bits (rubber or plastic)?

#255 10 years ago

Wow, that is shiny. Mine is scheduled for delivery today. I kind of want to call out sick from work. It's going to be a long 8 hours.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

I don't know if anyone else has found the HS manual less than helpful finding replacement parts... I need help, the kicker arms and ball ejects use a 2-1/2" non tapered spring. Whats the part number for it?

Tell me about it. I don't know if you have the link, but I was using this (Williams Blue Parts Catalog) for some of my hunt. It's less than desirable, but better than nothing.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

#280 10 years ago

Delete double post

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Pinballife, I got a full kit and a half kit for the right side only, not sure on overseas shipping cost. Also don't forget to get different EOS switches, the ones in the kit are for low voltage, get the high voltage ones, get those rubber grommets to for the new base plate. Gotta make sure you have everything you need and them some in one order.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to place an order for the rebuild kits this weekend and wasn't sure if they needed anything else.

7 months later
#1017 9 years ago

I picked up a set of stencils from Marco, but they lack registration marks. Can anyone provide me with some basic x/y measurements for the white and red. Even if I can just get a rough idea how far up from the base of the cab to start my white would be fantastic. Many thanks in advance

#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I just went through the same problem on an Eight Ball. What I did was to shine a light up through the stencils on a play field glass to align them to each other. I snipped notches into the corners of the stencils where the legs cover them. That way you at least have a reference when doing the second colour on the cabinet. Even then I found I had to roughly apply the second stencil check alignment and adjust things, at least I had a reference. I found the twistedpins stencils were good quality but not well thought out in terms of colour order and they had no overlaps, everything had to be perfectly aligned.

Thanks, it's super frustrating. Not to mention the color sequence seems to be in reverse of what others have done White -> Red -> Yellow instead of Yellow -> Red -> White. I just took a look at Jim's restoration thread from a year and a half ago and try and use that as my guide. I only wish Qbass had documented the stenciling process a bit better.

This was probably not the best project to get my feet wet with stenciling.

#1022 9 years ago

Yeah, when my friend and I tried to lay it down we were just baffled. There was no decent way to line it up. I think I'll start with the yellow and go from there. At least then we will have reference points. I'm not at all happy with the stencils. How hard is it to put in registration marks?

1 week later
#1039 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ok That might work, I'll try some and let you know how they worked..

I'm replacing all the plastics and need to figure something out. someone said to heat up the ends and try melting them into the new plastics .. that may be the last resort..

+1 take your soldering iron heat the tip and pull.

You may try the plastic one used on the 11C's but I can't guarantee they will fit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.