(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 10 years ago

Alright. I'm officially in the club. Mine is a bit of a mess though. It will be reborn as a P-ROC project. Minor modifications

Anyone have an old playfield they want to sell? I'll also be selling a driver board and the backglass in the not too distant future....

1 week later
#207 10 years ago

While HS is very modern in many respects, there are a few more subtle details that are (naturally) dated if you go looking for them: those ball blocks, the star rollovers in the back orbit, the leaf switches on the diverters... Personally, I'm planning to undo all of these things with "modern" alternatives. It's not it's fault that it's almost 30 years old!

1 week later
#307 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

P.S. I may want a refund from CPR... the colors are wayyy off! Hahaha

Not sure if the picture is hiding major wear, but many of us would do swaps to get something the condition of your old playfiled...

The new one is just insane.

#313 10 years ago

Any way to tell if your switches are low voltage or high voltage? I found some new switches in my stash, but I don't recall what type they are...

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'll go take pictures tonight and post what I find.

You should buy it. I'll buy your "divertor" ramp if it's not broken. I'm sure many others would too. I also need plastics. Lots of them, but they don't need to be new.

4 weeks later
#490 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The only thing I can think of that might cause a reset from the flippers would be current draw. Perhaps your flippers had really sticky/dirty plungers and bad coil sleeves to make the mechs very sluggish. Does/did your game have the caps on the EOS switches? Mine doesn't but I have them in the rebuild kits. Anyway I'm glad your game doesn't reset anymore because it sucks when that happens.
My upper flipper seems to mover freely when lifting by hand. Not sure what ails it. I'm going to look into the 50V flipper power supply next.

It could have also been a failing diode and a voltage spike from the collapsing EMF...

2 weeks later
#570 10 years ago

Wow. That ramp looks epic. I wish I'd expressed interest in buying one before now! I'm sure the line is a mile long. If not, let me know. It makes the machine look at least 5 years younger (I.e., '91 instead of '86).

Take my money?

#578 10 years ago

Purists: please look away.

Has anyone ever made wire ramps that deliver the balls to the inlanes instead of in front of the slings? The former seems far more civilized to me...

1 week later
#628 10 years ago

Okay, here's one:

I can play for hours with no problems. When my son plays (he's just under 4 years old) his rapid flipping blows the flipper fuse. What should I check? EOS, diodes or both?

Thanks.

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Check to ensure the right size and type of fuse is installed for the flippers/solenoids. It needs to be a slow blo. Also you could check the EOS and ensure the contacts are clean and there is a 1/8" gap at full extension of the flipper.
Never trust ANY of the fuses in a game until you've inspected every one. Often times they put in larger, other times they may have put in smaller or fast blows.

Thanks. I know the fuse is correctly sized. I've replaced it twice, and consulted the manual before doing so.

I'll measure the gap. It's probably his quick flipping isn't letting the switch open so the total voltage draw is too high. Thanks!

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thanks. I know the fuse is correctly sized. I've replaced it twice, and consulted the manual before doing so.

Turns out I consulted a misplaced errant williams 2.5A sticker instead of the Sys11 repair guide. 5A, not 2.5A. Problem solved! Thanks. I'm rarely so happy to discover I've been so stupid.

#633 10 years ago

Schematic and manual show a 5A SB on the flipper board. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.