(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5630 1 year ago

This pin has evaded me for awhile now, but no longer. Officially a member of the club and excited to start digging in. Will sit next to Comet.

4CF99085-C9D6-4C74-A316-E8952D67BD57 (resized).jpeg4CF99085-C9D6-4C74-A316-E8952D67BD57 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5637 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Gorgeous original playfield. Most machines i see are worn to wood on the outlanes.

Thanks! Has some wear at the top where the mylar ends, but no complaints.

2 months later
#5684 10 months ago
Quoted from mmmmdoughnuts:

I'll give them a try. Thanks

Eugene Mosh could be another option for you.

1 week later
#5687 10 months ago
Quoted from tlantos:

Have anyone experienced the same?
Are there any "mission impossible shots" topic? How the hell I did this? [quoted image]

Hiding in the trees...a whole new level of clever!

1 week later
#5688 10 months ago

Anyone running Comet 2SMD LED's in their game? Leaning towards 2SMD sunlight white for all GI and inserts and 1SMD behind the backglass. I've been happy with the sunlight white as a happy medium between cool/warm white on past games. If so, please post some pics! Thanks

#5690 10 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I use Comet cool white 2SMD bulbs on every game that doesn’t have factory LEDs. With the frosted dome they are exactly what I want. I hobby operate and everything pre-2013 (or whenever stern moved to factory LED) gets these in the GI and inserts. EMs just get them for GI and then I use non-ghosting bulbs for inserts. Haven’t bought those in so long that I can’t remember exactly which ones.

You have a pic of your game all lit up?

#5692 10 months ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

2smd sunlight frosted for GI in all of my games. Cool were too bluish (is that a word?) for my tastes. For my eyes, sunlight is the perfect hue between the blue hint of cool and yellow hint of warm.

Have a pic? Exactly the direction I’m leaning. You use 1SMD in the backbox?

#5695 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

In all the G.I. I am using Comet 2SMD sunlights LED in my game. I like it very much. On the other hand, I am using non-comet brand LED for all my inserts. It is because I run out of Comet LED If I made my order tomorrow. I will order 2SMD for all my insert with a few non-ghosts LEDs, plus I will use cool white for my black glass.
[quoted image]

That looks really sharp! To me, the colors looks exactly the way they should when lit up. Thanks!

#5699 9 months ago
Quoted from tlantos:

As far as I know, "If a switch is not activated in 30 games, or is permanently closed, the switch is assumed to be bad."
This was the situation with my right outlane. I have received the error message about it when powering on. Adjusted the switch, and now it works perfectly.
But strangely the test shows the following items
10 - ball through left
11 - ball through center
12 - ball through right
Now have more questions than answers. I will check the saucer. But as I have mentioned, that is working normally 99%. It seems it is not working when the spinner is spinning like crazy

Are there 3 balls in the game? If not, is it possible the game is saying switches that should be closed (10/11/12) are not closed?

If there are 3 balls in the game, those 3 switches are column 2 (Green-Red wire). I would look at the green-red wire that daisy chains between the outhole switch (switch #9) to ball trough #3 (switch 10).
switch (resized).pngswitch (resized).png

2 weeks later
#5708 9 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

I joined the club today. Machine wasn't turning on but wish me luck.

Welcome to the club! Keep us posted on your progress and drop your questions here.

#5712 9 months ago

Yep, Mark will take care of you. Also, I highly recommend you take the metal mech off your ramp and send it to Mark. He will clean it up and rivet the mech to the new ramp. You can ask him about the service and what you need to send.

1 month later
#5734 8 months ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Do people use the high score logging here on Pinside, I always like to put my score in and hopefully move up the rankings. I am currently at #32, High Speed has some very high scores that people have achieved. My top logged score says 9+ Million, but my actual best is just over 11 Million. Once you get used to nudging the ball away from the right outlane I found ball time went up quite a bit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/high-speed/scores

There's a high score of 11M with 5-ball, easy settings. What's the point of comparing 3-ball normal to 5-ball easy? Should add a filter to only compare the same set ups. Cool idea in general.

2 weeks later
#5751 7 months ago
Quoted from scf:

Enhanced the poppers with horn sounds. Cool effect. Also added an active chopper that triggers during the chase. Both add a lot to the game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B0Q2968GytHs6eqw9e-6hHR1Ve1Bk8u6/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fvG_pcSRQsisL5Dsk6nG-ugwfhYE4UmB/view?usp=drivesdk[quoted image]

Do you have a video of this chopper in action? More details on the set up? Cool!

#5760 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

So my friend said his fast track goes around fast but then loses momentum towards the end and just dribbles out instead of I guess going to the wire form like it should. Had a tech look at it but couldn’t figure it out.
Any ideas what to look at?

Getaway?

#5770 7 months ago
Quoted from scf:

Last time, I posted an easy mod for High Speed. Here’s a much more difficult one. Repurposed a JJP spotlight to activate during the chase.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8qRhcW3fcJeAiTs1jzETCie7PYRsKmO/view?usp=drivesdk

That is awesome...mount a helicopter nearby it?

3 weeks later
#5788 6 months ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Just installed Rob's HS stoplight. Looks great opposed to the OEM light in My humble opinion. Easy to install too!!
Thanks Rob.
[quoted image]

+1 to this! Just installed mine yesterday and it is AWESOME. Took about 37 seconds to install.

SUPER nice HS by the way. Wow.

#5789 6 months ago

Anyone have this light bar mod from Pinsider arakissun? The link to the instructions download is broken.

Trying to figure out how these mount up and where they clip to for power. I also have a note out arakissun. Thanks!

light (resized).pnglight (resized).png
#5799 6 months ago

Just installed the Freeplay40 clear ramp with a roadbed decal. Ramp quality and service is fantastic!

IMG_9251 (resized).jpegIMG_9251 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5859 5 months ago
Quoted from R23HTC:

Also how difficult is it to remove the playfield? It appears at one time the top glass may have been broken and replaced as there’s a bunch broken glass in the bottom of the cabinet I’d like to clean up.

The playfield is on two pivot points and I suggest lifting up the front of the playfield up and leaning it against the backbox (may need some towels OR remove the backglass to avoid scratching it).

1. open coin door
2. latch at top right of opening pulls to the left to release lockdown bar
3. lift up lockdown bar (may need to slide playfield glass forward with one hand)
4. slide playfield glass out and do NOT let a corner touch a hard surface (tile, cement, etc. or it will explode). I rest mine on towels or rugs (vertically on end)
5. lift up on apron/trough area (may need to pull plunger back a little to allow clearance) - pivot it back towards backbox. You can now access most of the bottom cabinet

Good luck and welcome!

4 weeks later
#5940 4 months ago

Question is whether it's just the motor or the whole mech:

beacon (resized).jpgbeacon (resized).jpg
#5975 4 months ago
Quoted from R23HTC:

The manual calls for 6 degrees if I’m not mistaken.

Correct.

hs (resized).pnghs (resized).png
1 week later
#6012 3 months ago
Quoted from mdmitch2:

I took pictures of the 3 pop bumper switch stacks. In order, it's Upper Left (new switch stack from PBLife), Upper Right (new cap and diode), and Bottom Left (new cap and diode). I'm not seeing any obvious differences between the 3
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

May need to zoom out so we can see the whole switch stack (the blades/contacts).

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#6149 70 days ago
Quoted from R23HTC:

So in case anyone in the future has the same questions, after further research I’ll answer my own questions.
Those 2 yellow wires in the wire nut were originally connected to the 2 pin via an IDC. Post pics I’ve seen repining it show them pinned together. I’ll probably solder a y connect in there and shrink wrap it for a cleaner and more solid connection.
There was originally a 9 pin male connector on the board with the 5 pin being a blank. So nothing originally there. What I have will work.

I had similar issues with a ton of hacks on my HS game. Here's a before and after. Use the manual/schematics to find the correct wiring/pin numbers. You can also find a bunch of great pics using the image gallery in this thread (BUT - double check with the manual).

hs before (resized).jpghs before (resized).jpghs z after (resized).jpghs z after (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6172 51 days ago
Quoted from R23HTC:

All my IDC connectors have now been replaced. What a tedious project. All 1 to 2 Ys and 2 to 1 Ys were soldered and heat shrinked before repinning to new Molex connectors with Trifurcon pins as recommend. I played for a solid 2 hrs with no issues!
[quoted image]

This is awesome! Definitely going to help bulletproof your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=midcoastsurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.