(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2119 5 years ago

This is the pin that got me into pinball, and I finally have one in my basement. It's going to take more than spit and polish to get this one back to its former glory, but it'll be worth it!

20180717_195012 (resized).jpg20180717_195012 (resized).jpg20180717_195115 (resized).jpg20180717_195115 (resized).jpg20180717_195254 (resized).jpg20180717_195254 (resized).jpg20180717_195401 (resized).jpg20180717_195401 (resized).jpg
#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

That previous owner sure didn't like to tilt.... Looks like they stripped out the ball roll tilt too!

Help me out, I've never seen a ball roll tilt before. How does it work? What is the point of two tilt mechs (ball roll and tilt bob)?

#2131 5 years ago

I knew about 2 of the 4, thanks.

5 months later
3 weeks later
#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I removed my Mylar with compressed air in a can turned upside down to freeze the Mylar. Came out nice.

How do you get the glue off? Is there a risk of taking paint off in the process?

1 month later
#2482 5 years ago

So you've lost the key for the head lock, why bother drilling the lock out when you can cut it out completely with a dull screwdriver - yeesh!

I need the centerline dimensions for the lock in the front-to-back and left-to-right directions so that I can recreate the top of the head. Any help would be great, thanks.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

So you've lost the key for the head lock, why bother drilling the lock out when you can cut it out completely with a dull screwdriver - yeesh!
I need the centerline dimensions for the lock in the front-to-back and left-to-right directions so that I can recreate the top of the head. Any help would be great, thanks.[quoted image]

Bump, just a few measurements anyone?

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from rwarren28806:

I got the same thing.

Thanks!

2 months later
#2568 4 years ago

I'm rebuilding my High Speed. The manual shows all three flippers to have the same coil FL 23/600-30/2600. On my game the upper right flipper has an SFL 19/400-30/750 coil instead. Looks original.

What flipper coils do you have on your game?

1 month later
#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Speaking of stoplights, I should share a mod that I am working on. I was chatting with Freeplay40 about his repro HS ramp and the requirement to relocate the stock stoplight. When he found out I 3D print, he asked if I could design a much thinner housing that could use LEDs in order to clean up the look of the chunky black box and allow for easier relocation. My HS is still packed up from the NWPAS, but when it is set back up, I'll finish figuring out the mounting options. I am pretty sure I can get it to fit vertically next to one of his ramps instead of having to go in the back corner. I will make a custom pcb with surface mount LEDs and run a pigtail out of the bottom of the housing to plug into the stock harness. Feel free to PM me directly with questions. I'll start my own thread if needed.[quoted image]

Following.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Gentlemen, I'm helping my neighbor with his high speed. Its in pretty sad shape, but apparently working. Needs flippers, coils rubber etc. told him I'd help him out, but when looking into the game more, it looks as though someone has placed all sorts of screws and posts in places they don't seem to fit. So I have to replace some and need to know the correct ones for each location. Anyone have this info? Manual didn't seem to provide. Thanks.

I have these teardown photos, hopefully they'll help

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dxh9886l75yg88k/High_Speed.zip/file

2 months later
#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I found replacement screen from pinball life.

Where? I can't seem to find it.

#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I had to email them directly.....they have it though....

I think we're talking about two different things.

Anyway, what did you use to replace the speaker fabric?

3 weeks later
1 year later
#4041 3 years ago

I've had a recent problem with my High Speed that makes it unplayable.

During a game I was playing, the score display went blank but the GI stayed on, and the entire game went dead, but the sound effects were still working; it just continued with the music track.

I turned the game off and back on, all of the displays read zeros and you could hear random sound effects, and it doesn't respond when you try to start a game.

I haven't read of this happening in another System 11 and I haven't the slightest idea where to start looking for a problem. Any ideas?

3 months later
#4495 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've had a recent problem with my High Speed that makes it unplayable.
During a game I was playing, the score display went blank but the GI stayed on, and the entire game went dead, but the sound effects were still working; it just continued with the music track.
I turned the game off and back on, all of the displays read zeros and you could hear random sound effects, and it doesn't respond when you try to start a game.
I haven't read of this happening in another System 11 and I haven't the slightest idea where to start looking for a problem. Any ideas?

I still haven't tackled this, too many other things on the go.

Before I do, I just wanted to mention that I've previously installed Inkochnito's bridge board. Has anyone had any issues with this board and could it have something to do with the problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.