(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fiatsrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1612 7 years ago

Does anyone have a "Drive 55 and Stay Alive" plastic to sell. I need to replace a broken one.

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1649 7 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield scan for High Speed that they would be willing to share?

1 week later
#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

can be buffed to a fantastic shine.
-mof

What is your technique for polishing mylar? I have several machines with old mylar that is a little cloudy but in otherwise very good condition (Xenon, High Speed, Twister).

1 month later
#1700 7 years ago

I just completed a project to replace the TIP42 transistors with MOSFETs and remove the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix section of the MPU from my Batman Forever, Time Machine and High Speed (the lamp matrix circuitry is nearly identical for all of them). The changeover is seamless and the result is much lower heat in the backbox and the risk of heat damage to the MPU board is eliminated (the cement resistors get very hot). Here is a link to a post I did in the BF thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/10#post-3562010

1 week later
#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My speaker grill was coming off when I got mine. I pulled it the rest of the way off, took off the fabric, and have it sitting in the sun under a sheet of glass to try and flatten it out a little. Do I have any options for what fabric to put on there? Anyone seen anything cool that I might look into for mine?

My speaker grill fabric was faded so I replaced the entire original speaker mounting with a board cut for two 4" coaxial speakers. The board was cut from particle board and then painted flat black. The "fabric" is dark gray fiberglass screen that I had on hand for screen door repair (available at any hardware or big-box home improvement store). It was glued to the back of the board. The original speaker is 8 ohms, so two 4 ohm speakers wired in series gives you the same impedance. I also installed a 6 inch sub and a separate volume control for the two coax's to get more sound to the sub. It is a very impressive bargain-basement upgrade. Attached is a picture of the head unit speakers.

Quoted from desertT1:

Also, One of my pops was blowing a transistor. I put a new one in and it killed that too. Any suggestions as to what to inspect? I don't think the coil was getting locked on, but it was hot, so who knows. I think the game played a little while before I noticed the smell.

At some point the coil locked on and/or something on the MPU failed resulting in the smoked driver transistor. The chances are really good that everything "upstream" from the driver transistor is also ruined so simply replacing it will result in another failure. You will need to check your MPU schematic and possibly replace the driver, the pre-driver SCR, a buffer IC (I think?) and the PIA. You'll probably also need to replace the coil. You can check it by taking a resistance reading across the solder tabs and comparing the reading to the other pop bumper coils that are known to be good. If the resistance reading is lower, it is bad.

IMG_1687 (resized).JPGIMG_1687 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 72.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fiatsrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=fiatsrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.