(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

New to the Club. As you can see some mounded the Volume knob to the front. Can someone please post a picture of the correct place it goes? I’m going to plug the hole with plastic covers. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_6274 (resized).jpgIMG_6274 (resized).jpg
#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Let’s see your High Speed Key Fob. I can’t find one for sale...

If you make your own you can get them all to match.

Keys (resized).jpgKeys (resized).jpg
#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

This is where I bought some years ago. I used the one on the top of the page and then printed photos like the flyers from the Internet Pinball Database.
https://www.picturasupply.com/photo-novelties-catalog/clear-plastic-snap-in-photo-key-chains.html

Yep, I bought a bag of those as well when I started collecting pins! When I get a new pin I find a good "representation" of the title that I then photoshop and install into the key "tag". When I sell a pin I keep it's tag as a memento. I said I'd stop buying pins when the bag of tags was empty.

I'm about to buy a new bag.

3 weeks later
#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

Another situation popped up. When I bought my HS it was missing the left hand top flasher bulb. Was kind of a minor issue at the time. Figured I would eventually put a bulb in. In the history of this machine some of the bulbs were replaced with leds, and I suspect some are not non-ghosting. I'm looking to get some leds soon to replace more bulbs.
Anyway, today I stole a flasher bulb from my backbox to try out the top flashers. I don't even know what they are tied to to make them flash. I know you need flasher bulbs in pairs for them to work. So I played a couple games and no flashing. I took a second bulb from the backbox to replace the one on the right. Right hand bulb looked new and is an 89. Backbox bulbs are 63s.
Played a few more games and still no flashing. Put game in test mode and they are not lighting. This game spent some of it's former life in a humid/moist environment but the lamp sockets look okay on the outside. Will have to remove them to get a clear look inside to see if contacts look bad. Wire connections at sockets seem okay, going to try and trace wiring tomorrow to see if I have any bad connections underneath.
Other than that, does anyone have any input as to anything else I can look for or check?

I've seen this on two HS machines. On both there was a break at the ceramic resistor on the board that powers the flashers.

3 months later
#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Has there ever been an alternate backglass/translite for High Speed?

You could always make your own

I made a couple for HS2. Not for everyone, but I like the variety.

My HS is still stock though...

Getaway 10 small (resized).jpgGetaway 10 small (resized).jpgyellow close w spotlight small (resized).jpgyellow close w spotlight small (resized).jpg
5 months later
#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffreymabq:

I neglected to mention that, when I run the coil test, nothing happens on any of the coils. It clearly seems fuse related, but none of them appear to be burnt out.

You can't tell if a fuse is burnt by looking at it. If you don't have the means to test each one with a meter out of the game, try rotating fuses F103, F04 and F105. Those are your solenoid fuses and they are all 3A slow blow. If the problem persists, than either ALL your fuses have blown (doubtful) or you have another issue.

Added over 2 years ago:

ha ha ha... strike that. I have a HS and HS2 and got confused as to which forum I was on!

For HS, the solenoid fuses are F2 and F4. You can't switch them though, even though they are both 2.5 amp. F4 is a slow blow and F2 is not. Best to take those out and test them with a meter.

1 month later
1 week later
#5033 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

When checking the cables I pushed on U21 and for a brief second I heard the engine revving, it only did that once though. I did notice prior to this problem happening that it sounded like something in the sound was scratchy and a little distorted at times.

Is your sound card screwed down tight to the backboard? That's actually a ground connection and a loose board will cause sound issues.

3 months later
#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from Gtbuff:

Last resort.. I may be out of the club if I can't figure this out.
Resets every time going into multi-ball. checked power, switches, started shotgun replacing parts and still the same.
Might even help if i could figure out the logic of how multi-ball works.
Also looking for someone in my area (Macomb/Michigan) with a HS that might be willing to test in another machine.

Try to isolate the problem. Maybe prevent the ball from making it to the right popper, then the left one... keep the switches from activating. Or start a game and start hitting switches with you fingers. Freeplay40 may be onto something. It could be a switch or bad diode somewhere.

1 week later
#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from vidguy:

Well I joined the club today. This is the first pin I’ve bought, after having “inherited” Cue Ball Wizard as a hand me down from my dad. HS is in good shape overall, maybe a 6 of 10 on the cabinet and a 7 on the play field. Beacon and displays work too. There are some plastics to replace and ugly GI but those are easy fixes.
The major issue I have is no response from the kickback. This game is TOUGH without the kickback!
Edit: Audit shows the kickback has registered 16 times since I reset today. I’m guessing maybe the solenoid relay?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pickup. HS was my first purchase as well, after inheriting my Dad's Haunted House.

In the settings you can adjust weather the kickback is always on, vs the factory setting (qualified by target hits). If you haven't already, download the manual... it will help.

Have Fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.