(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,731 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Troyster42
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,106 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200705_152053 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_152047 (resized).jpg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpg
6E5642D9-01F9-4B6B-AAE2-52CD1DFE0C96 (resized).jpeg
20200629_154344 (resized).jpg
20200629_154448 (resized).jpg
20200629_154815 (resized).jpg
20200629_154340 (resized).jpg
20200629_154257 (resized).jpg
20200629_154304 (resized).jpg
20200629_154752 (resized).jpg
20200629_154454 (resized).jpg
20200629_154803 (resized).jpg
DDC771B7-AA7D-4F51-9A8D-BAD961818BEA (resized).jpeg
AE1F2E09-CAB4-480F-9C8B-AA1A4F80AD90 (resized).jpeg
20200627_211725 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1591 3 years ago

I'd like to submit for membership! Picked up High Speed on Saturday. It been well loved, but plays right and is a lot of fun. It's my first machine.

Everything was great at the seller's place, but once it got to my shop the playfield lights didn't work anymore. Nothing in the tach, the inlanes, the arrows, and nothing in the stoplight either. Play and scoring is still all good. All the fuses look fine on quick inspection. I tried to make sure the connectors were all nice and well seated. I found one transistor that looked a little fried, Q43, but that didn't seem to have much to do with the lamps in the schematic. Any thoughts? I was gonna wait until after the holiday to contact the seller and see if he had any ideas.

Also I need a little wire guide that is near the upper right flipper. With this guide missing, the ball bounces off the post on the way down after leaving the eject hole and messes up the shot for the ramp. Where does find find one? Or I could make one pretty easily too.

I have more questions, but I'll work my way through the old posts first. Thanks!

IMG_0533 (resized).JPG

#1594 3 years ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

If the fuses are good, I recommend pulling the connectors that are midway in the harnesses and reseat them. Check the connector on the top rh board in the backbox - the one on a pigtail.

All the connectors seem good. Is there a simple way to check if current is running out the pins to the lights? I measured only very small currents coming from the IJ6 and IJ7 pins which I think are the ones with the issues.

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Question, don't have my high speed at home right now. Is there a hurry up in the game? What about the ramp loops? Are those just do 6 on a ball or do they fade away like on ramps on cyclone or whirlwind
Mof

The ramp value increases every time you hit a flashing 1-6 target, starting at 50,000. After it's scored, it goes back to 50,000.

The orbits/Freeways have a hurry up after the ball goes through the opposite inlane. I think it lights the spinner and increases the Freeway value if you hit a lit spinner. I think you can also adjust how many seconds the hurry up is.

1 year later
#1849 2 years ago

Hi all. I am putting my High Speed back together and found I don't have a single good pic of how the Hideout switches are wired topside on the playfield. The left side has a green wire and three white wires (one white has a different stripe), and the right side is two green wires and one white wire. The switches also have what looks like a grounding wire lug. Do some of the wires get attached to that?

If anyone can take a plastic off and send pics of both sides, that would be great! Thank you in advance.

HShideswitch (resized).jpg

HShideswitch1 (resized).jpg

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Has anyone done anything to "tidy up" areas behind the ramp when they switched over freeplay40's clear ramp? I understand the white portion at the start but I'm more talking about the diverter mech, switch plate, and two flash bulbs that are a sight for sore eyes with a clear ramp. I was thinking using two red dome covers and mounting the flashers to the back wall of the playfield. Anyone have any other ideas for the rest?

I had this same thought. I am thinking of building a new back piece that has artwork- something like an LA skyline. The back is really low-quality, painted black plywood and doesn't serve any function except a few mounting points for lights etc. I never liked the stop light, so I might replace it with an LED array that illuminates the whole back piece green, yellow, then red. In my mind it would make the scene look like it's going from day to night (so maybe a white, yellow, red combo instead?). Just a concept at this point.

#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another shot...Whites go to the screw that has a jumper to the back lug of the switch. Greens go to the center lug.

Fastastic. Thank you! I thought they just went to the center, but there was solder on the other lug too so I wasn't sure.

bobukcat Thank you as well!

#1854 2 years ago

Thanks for the help yesterday. I got my game up and running for the first time in a while today! It's acting a little funny... but the hard part is over. I'm hoping re-seating the connectors will help.

It's playing fast! One thing I immediately noticed is the ball is flying over the ramp switches on the new Freeplay ramp. I haven't put the glass on yet, but it might airball into it. Has anyone had to put the clear shield back on? freeplay40 - the ramp looks great, btw!

This guy was torn down topside, mylar removed, a half-assed touch-up job and clear coated. Not anywhere close to a perfect job, but it's still pretty. I see a lot of amazing restorations on Pinside, but this one was just about fixing the nasty and making it play. Will post some before and after photos later. I rebuilt the flippers, gave two of the pops new switches because they were cracked, put new metal yokes on the pops because they were all broken, also new skirts, put on a new eject shield on the escape hole, the freeplay ramp... cleaned all the coils... that's about it. Also got new displays but haven't put them in yet.

Next is making a new piece in the back and adding some artwork. I might add a lamp under the Escape hole that will light when the "Escape" arrow lights. Maybe add lamps under the Freeway rollovers too. There are some color LEDs in there, but I'm going back to only white as soon as they show up.

Very happy I can play this again. Looking forward to maxing out the bonus and listening to the spinner roll up.

-2 (resized).jpg

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

No I did not. Which plunger spring at you using?

It's the red one, but even a half plunge would make the ramp. I never leveled it so it might be a little shallow. Just had enough time to flip a little bit and then the next day I had to leave town unexpectedly. Will get back to it next week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Danvers, MA
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Lemoore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
1,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside