(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#871 9 years ago

Officially joining the Club... picked mine up last week, fair body, decent playfield, a few broken plastics, no LED's, should clean nicely. left slingshot unhooked from stuck coil (guessing a bad transistor) top jet bumper coil not activating, cracked ramp. I'll be cleaning, rebuilding flippers and jets and starting on LED's soon

Hey Freeplay40, do you have a link to the stoplight relocation? with a pic? hehe

daydreaming:::looking forward to my new clear ramp

1 week later
#896 9 years ago

I just received mine! 3 days early ! It looks amazing! A lot more solid than the original black one, great work freeplay40!!!

#910 9 years ago

BAM! Clear Ramp installed, yellowed up the stop light. relocated the stop light, LED's, clean polished, rebuilt several mechanics, Thanks Freeplay40!!!

14140218167_6972193a1c_b.jpg14140218167_6972193a1c_b.jpg
#922 9 years ago

I couldn't help it... I unplugged the problem solenoids to get a few good pics of my hard work, check it out
Thank you Mark, you've been a ton of help already and I haven't even played it

14148266918_4789063cf8_b.jpg14148266918_4789063cf8_b.jpg 14148267498_68bf548345_b.jpg14148267498_68bf548345_b.jpg 14334179014_7f49d7c13d_b.jpg14334179014_7f49d7c13d_b.jpg
#924 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Damn, that looks good! Nice work. Your parts will be in the mail in the morning.

Coming from one of the best, that's a great compliment! Thank you

#927 9 years ago

Which Shooter Spring are you guys using?

I've got the red one installed at the moment from marco spec. it feels a little too strong.

#939 9 years ago

That's awesome the you got the man himself to play your machine!!! congrats on such a cool experience!

1 week later
#962 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup. please...please...please.

Im thinking EL Wire for the Space Station clear ramp

1 month later
#981 9 years ago
1 month later
#982 9 years ago

Hey fellow high speed guys, I worked on the above link some more today, care to help?
Thank you!

2 weeks later
#991 9 years ago

I'd still like to have a street graphic sticker for my ramp, maybe?

3 weeks later
#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello-
I need someone here in the club to do a little experiment for me, in regards to a sound issue I'm having.
I have background music (from the sound board itself) but no speech and no sound fx, and while the music plays, I get a continuous clicking sound from the speaker. I suspect (at best) both cpu sound roms to be bad. When both roms are removed, same thing, the clicking sound.
Can someone remove their cpu sound and speech roms, power on, and let me know if it's doing the same?

Pull your roms, clean the legs. If there's capacitors for the speech part on the pcb, replace them... Just coming at this from previous similar issues with older games

2 months later
#1086 9 years ago

We did some bitchin mods to the high speed, added a bucket seat, steering wheel, red wagon, including handle, and some pedals, hope y'all enjoy

343904.jpg343904.jpg
2 weeks later
#1128 9 years ago

I've been thinking of selling mine... I get teary eyed when I look at the passion for this game in this thread, I think I'll keep the old dude around. (Unless someone offers a price I can't refuse)

2 weeks later
#1132 9 years ago

Hey guys, my buddies came over tonight, played high speed a little, then the flippers and all coils stopped responding except the kickout coil and trough coil I think, I havnt checked fuses yet, what should I do to prevent this from happening again?

Will rebuilding the power supply help this particular issue?

#1134 9 years ago

... I Found a blown fuse (10amp fast blow) in F2 on the flipper power board, the manual calls for a 5amp slow blow, so I put one in, and after 2 flips, the fuse blew again... what do you guys recommend?

Many Thanks!\

edit:

the eos was touching the base plate and fried the coil, new coil on the way

#1135 9 years ago

I hate to do it, but I have mine for sale

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17471

1 week later
#1140 9 years ago

I used those too

#1147 9 years ago

Guys, please stop making me regret putting mine up for sale

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Well sounds like one more problem I have to fix then! Not too familiar with the game play yet, is there a 3 ball multi? I've had the 2 ball and it hasn't gone off, sounds like it should have though! Thanks for the help! Like the gameplay so far, just wish I wouldn't have bought so much of a project!

You can turn the police light on or off in the adjustments I believe

#1161 9 years ago

check this out... one would a nice addition behind a clear ramp maybe

http://www.microstru.com/N_Z_billboards.html

#1179 9 years ago

I'm so sad, my beautiful High Speed has found a home with a good friend... Thank you all for your wonderful inspiration and support, maybe one day when I have more room my baby will come back to play and I'll be official again

Here's a little parting gift
A link to my most recent instruction card find

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/High-Speed-V2

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was sad to see mine go last month. Be strong.

This feels like system 11 loss anonymous

(Fun little support group that should have been, but never was)

2 weeks later
#1190 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

ya I'm tired of hearing pull over buddy!. Were the cops really that friendly back then?

They give you a stern talking to

1 month later
#1208 8 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

I have what looks like an audio jack in my coin door. The wires to the coin mech micro switch. Any idea what it could be? Are the Chopper plastics I saw earlier stock or a mod? Having lots of fun bringing mine back to life!

20150506_113226.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It's an old button housing... I bet the metal or plastic button broke off

3 weeks later
#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Changed flashers to 63s, everything is flashing like it should now. Odd but I'm not going to question it...
Next question. Any opinion on Rottendog power supply boards vs factory Williams? I can only keep one. I tend to prefer factory stuff because the weakpoints and repairs are pretty well documented. Are Rottendog boards considered "bulletproof"? Which would you run in your High Speed, given the choice?

Great Plains Electronics has the caps and other parts to re-new the power supply, I do it to all my system 11's, it's cheap, and gives a longer life to your power board

plus if you want to go a step further, bulletproof it with changing out the high voltage resistors for the displays

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-bullet-proofing-thread

#1264 8 years ago

I repaired a ramp with this method, it works wonderfully if you take your time, and still want your old ramp to work and look good on the top side...
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/spacestation/repair/repair.html

with that being said, I have bought 2 ramps from freeplay40, and Im about to buy 2 more, they're that good!

4 months later
#1316 8 years ago

There's a stop light on eBay right now

ebay.com link: itm

3 weeks later
#1337 8 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

Here's some pics....It looks a lot worse after I scrubbed the glue off. It's also completely stripped of everything right now. Down to just the play field board. The bad part is, and I'm still debating what to do. I don't have a compressor or the place here to spray 2 part clear. I'm thinking about using it out of a spray can. I hate to do it, but it's my first rebuild, and I really don't want to buy all that stuff yet(for a couple of reasons). I recently moved here and don't know any one with a spray booth or shop here. I'm going to work with what I have on this first one just to see how it turns out.
High Speed pinball 003.JPG High Speed pinball 004.JPG High Speed pinball 005.JPG

I'm curious, are you going to restore the paint before you clear coat it?
Looks like you have quite a bit of work ahead of you before you cc it, but maybe someone smarter than me could chime in?

#1341 8 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

That's sounds like a good plan, if you clear it you can always get an overlay later and tint it on and re-clear it, altho yours seems like it will touch up nicely. I had the same dilemma with the mylar as well no amount of freeze spray, alcohol and flour could have saved it any better cause of the clodhopper who installed it over crappy touch-ups lol. If i did not get this CPR playfield in the deal I would have just done a overlay and clear coat.

GEDC0032.jpg GEDC0172.jpg

I might be wrong, but I dont think you can clear coat an overlay, it'd be like clear coating mylar

2 months later
#1424 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tried getting the glue off my PF the other weekend with flour, naptha, paper towels soaked in it...didn't budge. This is as annoying as advertised.

what about flour and 90% alcohol?

#1426 8 years ago

It's definitely a pain, no matter the pin

2 weeks later
#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from SkillShotZ23:

Hi folks. I'm a new member and just bought my first machine. High Speed! It needs some work to get it playing but I'm looking forward to repairing it. Paid $500 for it. Play field has a little wear but not too bad. Need to replace some targets and some lights. It turns on and music and displays all work. Won't start a game though. Plan on troubleshooting it with a friend who is a collector soon. It has the siren on it which I was happy about. Anyway I may have some questions soon and it's awesome this club exists! Can't wait to play! Cheers!

Cool! Such a great first game!!

Open the coin door, flick the coin drop switch, does it coin up?

If not, press and hold the advance button until the game goes into attract mode (may need new batteries) then flick the coin switch.

Good luck!

1 year later
#1741 6 years ago

I'm back in the club!!!

I bought a beater though... so on to another HS restoration!

I really need a nice Backglass ... anyone have one they can sell... or know of one you can point me to?

Thanks guys!!

1 month later
#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not missing.
But issues!

A good board guy can rebuild those traces with a little time

1 week later
#1779 6 years ago

Can you offer less? You might have to hang out there all day though, that's what I've had to do in my experience if I wanted a cheaper price on it

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

The issue here is that it (and a companion Sorcerer next to it) is being sold by one of those estate sale companies...not the owner. They are usually not willing to budge and also jack up everything in general.

Yes, I have experienced that as well... did they sell?

2 weeks later
#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from medioil:

Hi Speeders.
I need some advice as ALL my playfield lamps have stopped working.
Everything else works fine (Flippers, Sounds, Score Display)
I checked every fuse with a meter - all ok
I wriggled the connections IJ4 IJ5 IJ6 IJ7 on the CPU board in case of bad connection.
What else can I do?? before the kids rediscover their electronic games !!
Medioil - Australia

system 11's have bad times with the GI (general illumination) pins on the boards in the head, and the plugs, they can get toasty and fail, the pins and the connector may need replacing

#1803 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I'm looking for cabinet decals just for the backbox sides, does anyone have any to sell?

I've never seen decals for hs, only stencils :/

1 month later
#1855 6 years ago

did anyone ever print the Ramp Road decal?? I'd really like to have a few

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have a better version FYI. Both horizontal and vertical options.

How do we get those again?

4 weeks later
#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

These are no longer on the site for some reason. Should have jumped on them when I had the chance . Maybe planetary pinball complained about using Williams artwork? (There are no Williams games cabinet decals listed)

It’s stenciled painted art, look for the stencils to repaint the cabinet

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1539

6 months later
#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Has anyone thought of 3d printing the ramp for high speed? I figure the material would be just as durable as the clear ramps...

I guess only if it were printed thick enough, plus it needs to have rivets on it. It’s not small either, and making the 3D model would be interesting

I think a gray ramp with yellow street lines would be cool

6 months later
#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Perfect! Thanks!
Does anyone have an original non-melted/cracked traffic light box they would be willing to ship to Terry at Pinball Life for 3d printing? I just e-mailed him yesterday about this as well and he's willing to give it a go and see what happens. Mine is partially melted, so it's a no go on mine.
Thanks all!

There’s a 3d file of an updated traffic light on this thread somewhere... just dig a little, use the search feature, you’ll find it

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Just learned that Rottendog will soon be releasing a new MPU that will cover ALL system 11s. This is great news! I'm sure others know already... but for those who don't.....

I hope it doesn’t cost $400. Is there a link to more info?

2 weeks later
#2319 5 years ago

Is the shapeways stoplight of no interest?

1 week later
#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I've noticed that the circle of triangulated inserts on the lower playfield containing RPM, Redline, and X Values, are not rotating round and round when in attract mode. They do fine when in normal game play. They are all led's. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

You have the sequel to the game being discussed here

Different system all together

These are the droids you’re looking for
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin

3 weeks later
#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

[quoted image]

You sir have the best pinside name I have seen.... it reminds me of playing kicker (shaolins road) in the arcade... your character would win a stage and the word “GUTS” would appear at the top of the screen. I would chuckle and go on to the next level. Great memory

“GUTZ!”

11 months later
#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

I picked up these repro caps from a seller 5 years ago. Wish I could remember who produced them. Be nice if they could do another run![quoted image]

Those are the classicarcades set

8 months later
#3790 3 years ago

Hey y’all, I need some help with my display issue if you can please?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-extra-segment-lit#post-5840587

1 month later
#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Outhole Switch is driving me bonkers. I check continuity and the switch registers open/closed, but during the switch test it will not register. Put in a new switch and diode, same result. I checked continuity to the switches before and after it, and there is continuity. Checked diode polarity and it is correct. All other switches work during the switch test.

Could be stuck logic in the pia that handles the switch.

I’ve been replacing several pia’s in the last few years on system 11’s that have had these kinds of gremlins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.