(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1082 9 years ago

Do not use anything with silver or arctic silver. You will fry it

3 years later
#1993 6 years ago

putting out some feelers to see if anyone happens to have a roached out playfield that they would get rid of.

2 years later
#3542 3 years ago

Hey fellas. I got a full populated playfield a few years ago. This one is in better shape than the one I have. Wondering what I need to check before dropping it in and testing it out. Don’t want to blow anything on a good working board. Also. Has anyone tried to do a high polish on the Mylar with novis 2&1?

#3544 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

You need to check all the coils for smooth movement, and the resistance across the lugs. All the diodes, snubbers and the resistor boards for all the flashers. Don't forget to check all the switches, paying attention to the flipper switches. Making sure switches that are supposed to be open are, and the ones that need to be closed are closed (flipper switches).

Awesome. Thank you. Will be starting this soon

1 month later
#3681 3 years ago

has anyone hooked up a sub to their high speed? I picked up a polk psw50 at a garage sale for $5 bucks. Tried to hook it up yesterday and didn't get any sound. I need to test the speaker but wondering if anyone has done that to their high speed and how they hooked it up.

#3683 3 years ago

yes the power light comes on. I did have it hooked up to the right side and tried left on the input side. I just hooked it up to a stereo and it was quiet and crackling. might be the speaker. no wonder why it was 5 bucks.

4 months later
#3907 3 years ago

Dispatch-I'm having an issue with the diverter. Please advise

so lately the diverter has not been working. The ball just flys on by. I'm sure it is in this thread but 79 pages is a lot to dig through

#3909 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Make sure (with a ball, not your finger) that the switches are registering in switch test mode.

Cool will give that a try

#3910 3 years ago

Forgot to mention that I think the switches are registering due to getting the ramp award

#3912 3 years ago

Ok so how do you get at those back switches

#3915 3 years ago

Hey mrextrm. I was just out by you doing a beer run. All three are the same on mine. I also have a spare playfield and all the same. Someone probably swapped out and put in a lightning bolt flipper.

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

thanks!! Where were you getting beer from?

Holiday Market. Had a dragons milk flavor that was keg only. Grabbed the last one.

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

If you have an OEM ramp with the clear cover you will need to remove that cover to easily access the switches with a ball.
First do an easy check of the molex connector for the ramp. It is located far back under the playfield. make sure it is connected together.

Ok got to messing with this. So ramps where barely registering. Took ramp out. Changed switches. Made sure they where adjusted nicely and left switch sometimes reads. What could be causing this? I’ll make sure they are adjusted better and tight. Any other ideas or is there a way to adjust without pulling the ramp?

#3921 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Pulling the ramp is the only way I know to adjust the switches. Since they need precise adjustment you need to have unobstructed access to them.
Did you hook up a multi meter to the problem switch when the ramp was out to see if it is registering good without any resistance?

I have not. Will do that when I pull the ramp again. Didn’t think about that. Thank you

1 week later
#3932 3 years ago

If it was me, I wouldn't pay 1350 needing a lot of work and new backglass. you can find better out there fully working for the same price area.

#3935 3 years ago

Its a great game and one that probably will not leave my collection. Not leaving due to remembering this was one I went to at the arcade. Now if you can get a good deal on one, which you can, snatch it up. It's a great classic.

That one you are looking at sounds like it would be a little bit of a money pit and you'd be upside down very quick.

1 month later
#4076 3 years ago

Question about led flashers. You have to add a diode to this game to add flashers right?

#4078 3 years ago

Thank you. So looking under the playfield I see 7 resistor boards? Also counting the bulbs there are 8 in the radar section, 4 in the red covers, and 2 back behind the ramp. Am I missing any?

#4081 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks guys. Hope to take the ground off on each board then put in leds.

#4083 3 years ago

Gotcha. If 2 grounds remove them both.

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yes, but keep both wires twisted together with a wire nut.

Right on. Thank you for the info. Wouldn’t have thought to do that

#4089 3 years ago

Question about removing the ground on resistor boards. This one has the black ground plus another colored wire. When there is another colored wire leave that one on?

E07403D9-9219-4832-BED2-E4FB5C5105F9 (resized).jpegE07403D9-9219-4832-BED2-E4FB5C5105F9 (resized).jpeg
#4091 3 years ago

This one is. So take both off or the black only?

A9B0844E-E81C-40B2-B5C6-6B4ED71B939C (resized).jpegA9B0844E-E81C-40B2-B5C6-6B4ED71B939C (resized).jpeg
#4093 3 years ago

I lose it in the loom but this is the resistor board for left flashers by the wire forms

#4096 3 years ago

So that pic was from my spare playfield that I have been looking over for references before I do it. the one in the game are both black wires and one does go to the relay. So I am guessing that both removed but wire nut together

#4098 3 years ago

Thank you for your help. Led flashers successfully installed!

1 week later
#4108 3 years ago

So had something weird over the weekend. Left side of back box gi was cutting in and out. Probably cold solder joint on the chain?

#4110 3 years ago

Will do. Thank you sir

#4113 3 years ago

Welcome to the club. looks like you got a nice one!!

#4121 3 years ago

that is for diagnostics. it will give you a number code if there are issues.

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

My Taxi had batteries with an exp date of 2001. They did leak, but only on the (non-original) battery holder and I was able to clean it off. I still need to clip and solder on a remote battery until I send my boards off for bulletproofing, I just haven't gotten around to it. Didn't want to lose my high scores...

you still may have some damage to other things on the board from the battery. plus, you never really get the battery holder fully clean. best to get that off and get someone to do a clean up job on it soon. it's ok if you lose the high scores, you just have to try harder to set new ones

3 weeks later
#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Call me crazy but I don't see anything wrong with this, didn't hurt the game, totally reversible and left the game original. Ok maybe the wires could have been longer and it should have had lithium batteries.
Top 4 reasons for CPU damage in pinball machines:
1. Nicad batteries being charged constantly on the CPU.
2. Changing the formula of Alkaline AA batteries causing them to leak prematurely.
3. Installing leds.
4. Installing NVRAM chips.

Curious how installing leds can screw up the cpu

#4274 3 years ago

Ahhhh gotcha

1 week later
#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109597
Here's one on the market in red (not wire forms though)

that's toooooooooo much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=bax1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.