(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WonderMellon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2430 5 years ago

I have my High Speed working almost 100%. I have a few things going on that I assume are related, but not sure. When I power on the game, I get 5 tones, and then the 1 beep of the system boot. I also get Adjustment Failure on the display. I get a code 0 on the CPU test indicating everything checks out. I de soldered the battery holder a while ago and just installed a remote battery holder. I have verified 4.9 V at the battery positions on the MPU and 4.8V at the last pin of U24 (with the game on, though). Gone through the adjustment procedure a few times to set the game to free play and it accepts free play, but when the power is cycled, I get Adjustment Failure again and free play setting is lost. Any thoughts as to what to try next?

4 months later
#2580 4 years ago

I have been enjoying my HS project for a while now. Since it is working, I have been playing it while I take care of other things. A little while ago the pop bumpers and slingshots died. The problem was intermittent for a few days, but now they are just not working at all. I know they are all controlled via the special solenoid section of the driver board. I did a quick check of the transistors with the playfield connectors off and the transistors appear to be OK. My Pinside and Google search is leaning towards the 7402 IC at U50. I don't want to just replace the part and see if that works. Is there a way I can verify the issue? Using the DMM in diode mode (with the parts connected to the board, but the playfield connectors removed) All of the driver transistors give me 0.6 0.0 and 0.7 from left to right with the black lead on the transistor tab and the read lead going left to right. I also have a logic probe and all the transistor leads have the same reading. Since all the bumpers and both slingshots are out, I would not expect a single transitor failure to be the cause.

I should also mention that the coils fire in coild test, but the switches to no register in switch levels.

Can any one suggest a systematic method of testing for the fault? Special solenoid failures seem to be common based on my search, but I am not finding a good troubleshooting guide.

Thanks!

#2582 4 years ago

Thanks Grumpy. Here is the power supply layout. I see Solenoid ground is the bottom part of 3J4, all black wires. It is in the lower left. Is this what you mean? Does this ground apply to all solenoids, including special solenoids?

HS Power Board (resized).pngHS Power Board (resized).png
#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No this wire only applies to the SS switches. This is not the coil ground. Coil ground comes from the 3J4 and goes to the CPU board.
The manual shows that there is no wire here, but its wrong. There is a white wire here, which is connected to ground on the power supply. This white wire goes to the play field special solenoid activation switches. It is daisy chained from one switch to the next switch. Since all 6 SS are not working I would expect that the header pin is cracked on the power supply 3J6 pin 14. Or the white wire is not making contact when it goes thru the large connector in the cabinet.[quoted image]

Grumpy,
Thanks! That was it. The white wire and the one next to it had obvious cold solder joints. A quick reflow and things are back to working!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WonderMellon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=WonderMellon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.