(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TrainH2o.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1007 9 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

Yeah I am not sure what happened around that sling shot, It looked good when I bought it...
Then I started to go over the play field and the mylar was coming up there and looked like someone tried to use super glue or something at one point in time to repair it. The damage was done so decided to rip the band-aid (mylar) off and see what I had to work with. I cannot complain I got it for $900 and the cabinet is in really good shape and the game is (was) fully functional....
I was thinking of buying the decals from BAA, worst case I scan them to make my own if they don't work out. I have a F-14 setting next to the HS, I play it when I am in between working on the HS play field.

I too have a HS sitting right next to a F14. To me, they're like sister games.

As for your decals, if you can take a photo of a good insert you can upload an image to http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

The site will tell you what font it is, and if you have a copy of Photoshop or other imaging software, you can make your own insert decals. That's what I am going to do, when I get my inserts leveled.

1 month later
#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

pinballholder wants me to build a little hobo camp for under the ramp.

I had that same idea. Hopefully I can visit a model shop over the weekend.

Please post photos of what you come up with.

10 months later
#1321 8 years ago
Quoted from scf:

Can post a pic so I can see it? I am considering buying one of these ramps. I am hoping the price comes down. Looks like it starts at $90.

Here's the thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp

#1323 8 years ago

Freeplay40 is a great guy. For me it was well worth the money to send the parts to him and let him do the riveting.

I drilled out the rivets, from the parts on the old ramp and shipped them to him. He polished my ramp parts and then installed them on the new ramp.

#1325 8 years ago

He even helped me out with a part that I didn't know my ramp was missing.

1 week later
#1333 8 years ago

WOW, that new playfield looks good. I need one for mine.

#1334 8 years ago

Has anyone seen one of the restored playfields that are sanded down to bare wood, and then ink printed to the prepped surface?

I have a totally worn out playfied, and the one currently in my HS has damage from removing the mylar.

#1350 8 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

So I finally started up my HS after replacing the broken ramp. Game is functional except the beacon light and motor (wires are cut). There is also a buzzing sound that comes from the speakers when in attract mode that waves with the lights. The voices and game play sounds are ok. It seems there may be some interference from the lights. Any Ideas on what that could be? I have not done any of the caps yet as this was just to see what was wrong with it. Very little I'm glad.

As mentioned, it could be a grounding issue.

Make sure that all your boards in the backbox have all their screws. This is one way the boards are grounded. Also check to make sure there are no breaks in the grounding braid that runs through the backbox, lower cabinet, and under the playfield.

1 week later
#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You can also send it to John G in Canada and have a re-print and clear.
-mof

I've been asking if anyone knows how they turn out. Since it's an inkjet process, I wondered if the colors are as saturated, and if there is any visible banding.

Mof, have you laid eyes on one?

#1379 8 years ago
Quoted from jer3274:

Looking to change mine over to led's. Was wondering which bulbs look the best in the back box ?

Any of the major seller's LEDs will work fine. I have a mix of Comet and Titan LEDs in mine. No reason, other than that's what I had on hand.

One thing to keep in mind is don't buy the brightest ones they sell. In my experience the really bright ones tend to spotlight a small area instead of blending in. You'll see a small "hot spot" shining through the backglass. It's for this reason that I would also personally use frosted LEDs, rather than the clear ones. However, it's all personal preference.

1 week later
#1387 8 years ago
Quoted from jer3274:

Thanks! I've been looking at pictures of other machines and couldn't see that piece up close !!! You have no idea how often the ball gets stuck up there without it!

It's most likely, the most often broken plastic on the game. Buy the clear plastic protector to go with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TrainH2o.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=TrainH2o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.