(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1592 7 years ago

If the fuses are good, I recommend pulling the connectors that are midway in the harnesses and reseat them. Check the connector on the top rh board in the backbox - the one on a pigtail.

1 month later
#1617 7 years ago

Sure thing, it's a standard star post. 5/16" tall 03-8319-9

2 weeks later
#1625 7 years ago

The GI flashing is controlled by a mechanical relay. I think there is a test in the coil test section. LED bulbs shouldn't have an affect on the relay.

#1627 7 years ago

Check the fuses & fuse holders. Electric troubleshooting can be a challenge.

2 months later
#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from HS1STPIN:

Hello everyone....great to see all the support here for High Speed.
I'm so excited. I'm suppose to have my first pinball machine delivered today. I'm excited to say its a HIGH SPEED pin.
I will post pictures once it has been delivered. I have played this pin since I was a kid.
Looking forward to getting to know the pinball machine inside and out.
I love some of the mods I have seen in the forum. Especially the clear ramp with road stickers.
FreePlay40 - I hope you still have some for sale. I tried to find some links but couldn't find the link to the stickers for the bottom
of the clear ramp. If someone has the link to the stickers and stop light mod cover (yellow) that would be great.
It sounds like FreePlay40 has the mod for re-location to the back left.
Thanks!
HS1STPIN

Congrats on your first pin!

3 months later
#1736 6 years ago

That's a real beauty

2 months later
#1773 6 years ago

Worth fixing the original. Acid damage can be a worse repair than what you have there.

1 week later
#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Hi fellas! Today I will have the chance to look at a High Speed that is being sold as part of an estate sale locally. Could possibly be a good find if it works well. A few things that I wanted to know:
Any specific issues with these machines that I should know about?
In good player's condition, what opinions are there on worth?
Electronics-wise, is there anything common to look out for?
I'd appreciate any advice and help!

Good luck, post a few pics of the machine here if you get a chance.

Nothing really specific. Just the normal pinball things - completeness, operates properly, playfield wear, etc.

7 months later
#1978 6 years ago

Thanks for the work soren

4 months later
#2120 5 years ago

Welcome to the club

1 month later
#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

I was really getting into HS and thinking about buying one until I realized that you can just ignore the standups and hit the left ramp over and over since it spots you stoplight targets. I was wondering though, does the game have a setting for the number of spotlight targets that the left ramp spots you? That would be great if you could set it to zero or one IMO so that the standups are still an important part of the game.

Yep, there are settings for if the ramp (or the kickout hole) will award a stoplight lamp.

3 weeks later
#2186 5 years ago

Welcome to the club

#2189 5 years ago

Congrats & welcome

1 month later
#2284 5 years ago

Welcome to the club new members

1 week later
#2299 5 years ago

Welcome to the club

3 weeks later
#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

Hoping someone can help me out. I recently got a HS project. Almost done with it and buttoning up loose ends.
I have two red and a brown/violet wires hanging in the back box between power supply and MPU. The reds are different shades.
The reds and brown/purple comes up from cabinet along with a gray/yellow. One red and the gray/yellow goes to the connection board with/resistor near the topper relay in back box. Red then returns out of that connection board and goes down and is zip tied back into the other red and brown/violet wires where they are now just hanging.
Can anyone help me out? I looked on the schematic, I don't see any brown/violet...
Thanks

Photos of what you are talking about help greatly.

3 weeks later
#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffr:

Here's one maybe someone else can help me solve. The left hideout likes to randomly fire during the game. I thought it might be the switches in it, but I've cleaned them thoroughly and it still happens. The hideout plays and works fine. But I'd love to figure this out since its annoying and adds extra wear to it.

Overly sensitive transistor? Or Flakey switch?

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Finally picked up the “Hot Action Pinball” topper for my HS. It has the brackets riveted, so that’s a plus. Any pointers on the proper installation? I figured there would have been guide holes, but no. Does it go better centered with the dome, or slightly in front/behind?
Thanks!

Centered is where mine was originally installed and I like it there.

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Seems like if I center it and it stands straight up, the bracket that holds the red dome on is in the way. If I position it behind the bracket and tilt the topper forward it could work. So, tilt it forward, or remove the bracket?

Here's where mine is. I have got my light working good so I don't worry about the brackets.

20190120_202607 (resized).jpg20190120_202607 (resized).jpg
#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Thanks, that helps. You do have the brackets on there. Looks like the topper might be a little on them.

Your welcome, yep you are correct, the sign is a bit on the hold down brackets.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Not getting the burn out sound when I launch the ball. Every now and then it does, but most of the time not. Cleaned and adjusted the switch, no change. Diode possibly?

Micro switches do go bad. You could test it with a jumper wire.

#2418 5 years ago

Congrats!

#2432 5 years ago

There are lock tabs on the white pegs retaining the corners of each display. The cables just slide off - no lock tabs.

Get yourself an Optivisor. They use optically ground glass for a clear image and come in 5 strengths. I have 2 (one high power and one low)
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Can anybody speak on the quality of these?
ebay.com link » Williams High Speed Pinball Machine Next Gen Translite Backglass

Just based on first impressions - I would save up for a real backglass. There is a non mirrored backglass that CPR offers for $199 or a mirrored one at $249
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/high-speed/
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

High Speed is the first game I've owned so this is probably more of a general question and not High Speed specific... But what would cause a mid-game reset? On occasion, mid-game, the flippers will die and scores will reset. Basically brings you back to attract mode waiting for somebody to hit the start button for a new game.

Voltage drop - most likely from old caps or bad connectors in the power supply

2 months later
#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeVarney:

My initial inspection showed everything was ok. However the issue persisted.
Continuing to look into it, I eventually found the issue.
The switch detecting the 3rd ball had its wire set so that when the ball was on it the wire was getting caught on a screw on the switch. So when the ball advanced the switch was being kept engaged. A little creative wire bending with needle nose pliers took care of it!

Great job! Observation is a key skill in troubleshooting.

#2541 4 years ago

Welcome

3 weeks later
#2609 4 years ago

Congrats on getting it to boot!

1 week later
#2631 4 years ago

I was surfing Pinball Life for other products and came across this
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

I thought this project was dead, but here it is
https://www.pinballlife.com/high-speed-traffic-light-housing.html

2 weeks later
#2636 4 years ago

Nice design

3 weeks later
#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

I picked up this pin as my second pin. I love it so much, and really like the history behind it. i can't stop playing!

Good second choice pin! Welcome to the club

7 months later
#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Bit the bullet and bought a set of these. They're so pricy, but I love them![quoted image][quoted image]

I love those! What caps are you going to use? - here they are (red) in my Pinbot with white opaque caps

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3704 3 years ago

I believe the game is supposed to alternate what side it sends it to. The first switch has to be adjusted perfect and really sensitive so it has time to send it to the left side. Mine is pretty close but it occasionally misses. If you are curious...Here's where I streamed it on father's day. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/657295315

1 month later
#3766 3 years ago

You may have to go with individual sockets unless you find used ones.

2 years later
#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Hi fan here kind of, I posted this same question in the secret service club but I'm hoping to get a more rounded feedback: Might be getting one fingers crossed. It's beat up but plays. Going to try and test out all the features before purchase. OK so my real question: there is also a high speed available near me and I see it's ranking as wayyyyyy higher and everybody says how great it is even though the games are similar. In my opinion secret service seems like it has way more going on and is therefore more fun. What say you? Why is one better over the other? Especially answer if you own both or have played both. Just curious thanks guys.

High Speed is my "just one more" game. None of my other games have that magic to that degree. Every time I stream it, it's still just as much fun when I make it up the ramp to get into multiball as it ever was.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from blainedoe:

Sometimes I only get 2 balls on multiball on my high speed. is that normal?

vidguy is correct. One other thing that can cause a 2 ball mulitball is a bad or incorrectly adjusted trough switch.

3 weeks later
#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just played a few games on my High Speed and am convinced that this machine is pinball perfection.
The layout, light show, sounds, and the story integration just make it such a fun machine.
Thanks Steve!
Chris

When I play it's got that "just one more game" feeling. From what I've heard it was a huge money earner.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

1 month later
#5659 12 months ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

I had the same thing happen a while back.
It's usually a shooter lane switch issue if I'm not mistaken. It's either miss-adjusted or not working.

Possible ball trough switch issue also.

6 months later
#5805 6 months ago
Quoted from nutty:

1. If the 1st shot fails from the shooter lane the multiball kicks in with only 2 balls ?
2. Sometimes the 2nd ball to lock from the shooter lane goes into the same lock on the left again cancelling the 3rd ball and only giving a 2 ball multiball ?
3. When you have 1 ball left the jackpot chance immediately cancels ?
4. I also see in the menu install easy - medium - hard what is the difference ?
Thanks in advance.

1- This is correct - a 2 ball multi ball will happen if the shot doesn't make it up the ramp. This can also happen if there is an issue with a troff switch.
2- check operation of leaf switches. Also the tiny snap switches fail with age - replace them all.
3- when 1 ball is left from multiball the game exits multiball and the jackpot opportunity is gone.
4- These options change several settings - I believe the manual has a grid showing all the differences. I know on easy the kickback never turns off and on the hardest the kickback starts off with the start of each ball.

For fun switch the siren to Euro - then you get the Bee-doo Bee-doo siren

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

3 weeks later
#5862 5 months ago
Quoted from R23HTC:

Can any take a pic of this location on their machine? I’ve checked online and most I’m finding are low resolution, so when I zoom in I can’t tell. I have the plastic ordered, but from I can tell, starting from the lower right, there should be bolt with a plastic nut on top, then the middle and up should be screws with flat tops. Definitely NOT what I currently have in the middle?
Slowly but surely I’ll get this all sorted out. Edit, I also see the “pop cap” is on upside down….my OCD is setting in )
[quoted image]

Head to the top of this post and look at the image gallery. There are 1780 pictures in this thread that you can look at in a grid format. Freeplay40 posted the pic below. I'm positive there are many others showing the area you need.

OUT1 (resized).JPGOUT1 (resized).JPG
#5875 5 months ago

Nice job R23HTC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=PM_Jeremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.