(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1524 7 years ago

Just joined the club today! Excited to have a system 11 game!

Mine works besides the displays. It has been narrowed down to a bad displayed driver. I can't get the machine to go into attract mode and take credits. I was able to do it by randomly pressing sequences of the adjustment buttons and then it worked and took credits and played games. I have seen some posts about this issue so I will try to hunt those down and see the solutions.

I'm missing the revolving light as well.

#1526 7 years ago

I found the solution to my attract mode problem; for the purpose of documenting issues/solutions. Turns out the battery holder must have not made good contact. I did the remote battery mod today and on first startup it did not go into attract. I fiddled with the adjustment buttons again and rebooted the game. It now turns on in attract mode. My thinking is the memory kept getting corrupted since it did not backup and since I don't have displays, It was probably in that adjust memory state. Rebooting the system corrected the memory errors and now it's saved by property hooked up batteries.

#1529 7 years ago

Could someone shed some light on the differences in rom level upgrades? I have L-2 in my game now. What's the advantage of buying the L-4 roms?

2 weeks later
#1532 7 years ago

Caught this today because I recorded the original teenage mutant ninja turtles last night.

It's impossible to watch the first two ninja turtles and be in a bad mood.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1555 7 years ago

not an expert on pinballs yet but am familiar with electricity and it looks like you EOS switch is connected to the same lug, meaning its not switching anything from the low and high power sides. If both leads of the EOS go to the same tab, its not doing anything.

#1561 7 years ago

Fresh from the 3D printer. Needs to be cleaned up some still and painted. Can't really see the face detail but it's matched to the traffic lights on the game.

I can also email the .STL file to anybody who would like to make one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1571 7 years ago

What type of Led's are in the GI and clear inserts? Cool white?

3 months later
#1641 7 years ago

Got some mods from a place I wouldn't have thought. Went to a model train/toy show today for my kids and found this company making small EL signs. Had to represent Boston and get the Citigo sign. It lights up pretty cool and just did a quick test fit. This might come in handy because I have some dead space to kill once I put in my clear ramp. Also found a Lamborghini diablo matchbox and put it on the unslighy metal deflector at the end of the ramp.

Edit- a quick search and apparently these el signs have been found prior and an issue about half life of the paper before it fizzles out is low. Only time will tell I guess. My games are not on a lot. Maybe 20 minutes every day or so.

IMG_5247 (resized).JPGIMG_5247 (resized).JPG

IMG_5246 (resized).JPGIMG_5246 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

First attempt at Traffic Light Mod. 2 of the 4 tabs broke off during printing. I did not create this file, was given to me my a member on this site.

Glad you are using it! It looks like the thin tabs are parallel with the printing direction. You can try rotating it 90 degrees relative to the print direction which might make the thin tab stronger. Or try reinforcing it with epoxy on the inside. Mine held up good. I'll have to get back to you with what print technology I use though.

Also the posts are meant to be crossed drilled for metals rods that connect to the cabinet. This would look like if this were mounted to a wall or pole if that makes sense.

I can try making that area stronger if you need also and give you another file.

3 months later
#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Does anyone know where I can purchase one of the yellow traffic light cover mods? (post #1688 in this thread)
Thanks!

I have one if you have access to a 3d printer. I can provide the .STL file free of charge.

4 months later
#1848 6 years ago

Has anyone done anything to "tidy up" areas behind the ramp when they switched over freeplay40's clear ramp? I understand the white portion at the start but I'm more talking about the diverter mech, switch plate, and two flash bulbs that are a sight for sore eyes with a clear ramp. I was thinking using two red dome covers and mounting the flashers to the back wall of the playfield. Anyone have any other ideas for the rest?

1 week later
#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'd like one as well... I've tried to contact the original creator(Drano) as well as the place(pinball_customs) which was going to make them several times and nothing...just radio silence.
And since they never responded on the Stop Light cover either, orange_julius made one for me. Here's the file for those interested
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/9PLOGjjeAeL
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2555371

I have a better version FYI. Both horizontal and vertical options.

SL Mod (resized).jpgSL Mod (resized).jpg

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How do we get those again?

Message me and I will email you the .STL file. You have to go to a 3rd party 3D printing house and have it made.

3 weeks later
#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

There is a High Speed for $700 about a three hour drive away. Machines does not play, but lights up - typical story.
When the seller sent me a playfield pic, I noticed the traffic light assembly was MISSING from the playfield. I see now they are rarer than hen's teeth, with not one available for sale anywhere in the world, as far as I can tell.
I saw the 3-D file for the traffic light housing, but what about the colored lenses, the bulb mounts, connector, etc? Would I be SOL on trying to put this game right?
MPU board looks corrosion-free in pics. Playfield has only minor wear in a couple of areas. Is this machine worth pursuing? Is $700 too much when they can be bought playing for as low as $1250 (recent Ebay sale).

I will not speak on behalf of the price but I can comment on the stop light stuff. Like you said I have the file for the housing free of charge, the three color lenses are available on typical pinball sites, they are 5/8" diameter faceted I believe. I have not seen the mounting base/sockets before so that might be hard find but if you are electrically inclined it should be easy to make the assembly. It's just 3 sockets with diodes and the switch matrix diagram will tell you the correct wiring. Molex connector is easy to obtain (freeplay 40 has a light extension harness that you can buy and hack). Then take the 3 bulbs and mount in on a small plate (i can make a 3D file of a mounting plate for your if you need down the road).

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

Thank you for this most helpful plate of information!
I didn't see the lenses being sold anywhere. Do you have a link?
Your concept of a 3D file for the mounting plate is excellent! I would use it for sure.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=390&pg=1

Also, i confirmed that they are 5/8" diameter.

2 months later
#1921 6 years ago

Hey guys, change for someone else to join the club, selling my high speed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58234

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.50
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=Langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.