(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FireGamer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius:

Here is 13 seconds of video with the startup sounds, as well as how it doesn't go into attract mode until I push SW2 for the memory test. The coin door is open for the memory test to work.

Ray~

Yea that short small beep on power on and when you hit SW2 is what you have to worry about. One time my game started with that beep and no music. But it still had sounds. For me some reason resetting the game actually fixed it. Looks like this is not the case with yours

1 week later
#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Was hoping someone might have insight into where the appropriate coil sleeves go in this machine....
I bought a High Speed Coil Sleeve Kit from Marco and the kit came with the following:
Eight 03-7066 (1/2 x 1 3/4 inch)
Two 03-7067-5 (2 1/16 inch flanged 3/16 inch)
Six 03-7066-5 (1/2 x 2 3/16 inch)
There are exactly 16 coils w/ sleeves, so all should be used.
The flanged ones are self explanatory (knocker and kickback), and 3 of the 03-7066-5's will be for the flippers..... But all the other coils are the same size. So, I'm at a loss as the where the other three 03-7066-5 (longer) coil sleeves should go. Anyone know? The manual does not have any information about the sleeves that I can find.

I know there is one coil per hideout 3 for pops and one for the ramp diverter one for the saucer and one for ball drain and one for ball eject. I can look again at my game tonight

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Thanks. I know where each coil is, just need to know which 3 coils should have 2 3/16 inch sleeves (aside from the flippers).
Reached out to Marco, but they haven't gotten back to me so I'm guessing they may not even know......

Yea Sorry, I re-read what you posted and realized that my post wouldn't help much. Sadly I am not sure about which coils will need those.

Quoted from desertT1:

Everyone is having fun playing High Speed and I'm just sitting here waiting for the Hardtop announcement.

I am in the same boat as you. except mine is at least playable. but it is in horrid condition. when I get Total Nuclear Annihilation I'll start working on restoring my High Speed. (I don't want to be left with no game to play )

hs1 (resized).jpghs1 (resized).jpghs2 (resized).jpghs2 (resized).jpg
#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So now I am having an issue with both hideout kickers fireing when I boot the game on. See the video. Is this a switch matrix issue?

I would check the switches the game might think there is a ball there

#2112 5 years ago

Example here

#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No balls and the switches themselves are not activated.

Ah, then I guess it would be the matrix. But don’t take my advice as HS is my first machine so I’m still somewhat new to the repair and restoration of pinball machines

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Hey guys. Just got my High Speed today. My first pin and I'm thrilled. It's a players machine for sure, but it's working properly and a ton of fun. Only problem is the volume is loud as hell and I can't figure out how to lower it. Any help would be appreciated.

The knob in the center on the left side of the cabinet is the volume knob. (And yes a previous owner of my machine had removed the tilt bob)
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2124 5 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Yes!!! Thank you so much, that did it. I still have the tilt bob too haha. I love this game!

Good! Welcome to the club

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Thank you. It's amazing to finally have a pin and it ends up being a High Speed which I've always loved. Feel very lucky today. I keep looking at it and shaking my head that I actually have this thing in my home. Never thought I'd ever own a real pinball machine.

Ha I felt the same way when I got mine a few months ago. Watch out this one machine may have a chance of multiplying! Ha ha

1 month later
#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Every once in a while the ball gets airborne and gets stuck in the trees on the left. Any suggestions for prevention that won't look terrible?
[quoted image]

That happens to mine as well but I’m pretty sure it’s due to a bad playfield. Depending on playfield conditions things can get airborne. Sometimes my ball will go to the right hideout as well without even hitting it up the ramp

3 weeks later
#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Running switch test can anyone verify that the sling switches register in switch test mode? All my switches register in test mode except the left and right sling switches....the left switch triggers the kicker so I know its working. Im trying to see if my right side switch is bad as the kicker is not firing. Then Ill know its the Q71 circuit on driver board.

The slings do register as left Kicker (49) and Roght Kicker (50)

3 months later
#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Apologies in advance if this is covered elsewhere in the 48 pages of posts, but I'm looking at a HS later this weekend and wanted to know if there's any gotcha's to look for specific to this pin? Seen vids of it and looks like it plays pretty well, though there is definite mylar peeling/missing on the playfield.
Thanks in advance!

Check, double check and triple check the ramp diverters. Make sure they BOTH work

1 month later
#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

How can I tell what game ROM that I have with my game? I have read that there is an L2 and an L4, so I didn't know if I needed to update or not.

3 weeks later
#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

How is this attached? When I got this pin it was attached on top of the bracket for the stop light on the ramp. How is this suppose to be attached?
[quoted image]

I dont see that wireform in that location on my game... but it may just be missing in my game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FireGamer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=FireGamer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.