(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

Just gets more awesome. Was playing tonight and thought I heard an odd noise but wasn't sure. Next thing, I notice the magic smoke coming up around the right pop bomber. Turn game off and lift playfield, smell the burn. Can't see anything out of the ordinary but damn near burnt myself when I touched the coil for that pop bumper. Need to let it cool before I can do anything else but it seems like that bumper mechanism isn't springing up and down like the others. Not sure if the sleeve heated up and deformed or if the mechanism caused the issue. Game seemed to be playing normally, didn't notice an issue with the bumper. I did notice that the lower bumper has a different coil than the other two. Is that normal? I would think they would all 3 be the same.
Anyone know if rebuilding the bumpers would do the trick or should I be looking for a different cause? Will try and get a better look tomorrow when it all cools down.
Have 2 machines down now. Anyone an expert on a Laser Ball with flippers that stopped working?

Coil is definitely fried. It must have stuck on somehow. Transistor on board may be fried as well. I like to use solenoid savers for system 11s.

#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

Yes, want to get the solenoid saver but I thought they need to be rewired for sys 11.
Which transistor would be the one to check?

Looks like Q73. See picture. I’d replace the coil first and check the switch. Note, the picture shows the coil number as well. Solenoid saver will definitely work on the special coils in sys 11.

76F9E727-39F4-4518-96A2-F8D2DA1709BE (resized).png76F9E727-39F4-4518-96A2-F8D2DA1709BE (resized).png

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

So I got a better look today. Right bumper not moving now, I guess the sleeve did heat and seize. Two of the coils are AE-24-900-2. They are not correct but I don't know enough to say how they differ from the correct ones. Have an order ready for Marcos. They don't have the switches, but mine look okay. Did not see the spoon part but will check again before I submit the order. Hard to tell how they are without disassembly but one looks more bumped out than the other. Don't really want to break down the switches just for them but might as well.
As far as coils, I saw a post by Vid stating that the piece with the wire and diode should be moved to the upper end of the coil to help insulate it from the shock of the plunger bottoming out. Anyone do this?
Also, how will I know if the transistor is fried? Will it damage my new parts if so or will the bumper just not work?

The different coil numbers isn’t a big deal. For pop bumpers, I don’t think wire direction matters. First thing you need to do is get a née coil and install it. Check the activation switch “spoon” to make sure it is set correctly (not touching). Then, turn on machine. If coil locks on, turn off quickly. This means short and transistor most likely fried. If nothing happens when turn on machine, go into switch mode and see if it activates. If it doesn’t, could be fried transistor or shorted diode. You can also ground the transistor to see if it will fire.

2 weeks later
#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I wanted to share with the club pictures of a High Speed we installed a hardtop for Gorgar666. As you can see, the game now looks absolutely beautiful and the inserts sparkle. I don't know if I have ever played a pinball that shoots so smoothly. It feels frictionless.
The translucent red ramp from Freeplay40 and the custom mini traffic light mod from RobF look outstanding.
I could play it all day, every day. I think I am in love.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Does RobF still sell that mod?

3 months later
#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I haven't seen a brand new 10 dollar bill in my life.
Test diodes like this.
https://www.fluke.com/en-us/learn/blog/digital-multimeters/how-to-test-diodes
Make sure the the wires aren't hanging on by one strand.

I use old business cards. Gotta save the 100 dollar bills for the next machine!

3 weeks later
#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

Well, I cleaned the contacts and got them nice and shiny using some crisp 50's I had but I'm still getting the "adjust right spinner" error. Guessing it is a bad switch then?

Wires to switch good? Diode good? Could be a bad diode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over?tu=ChrisPINk25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.