(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,825 posts
  • 341 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by LanceCT
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

relay (resized).PNG
59d11fbdb414a192ec03ee4c7fc0e9b4469d8e0f (resized).jpg
IMG_1052 (resized).JPG
IMG_0969 (resized).jpg
7C599E07-DB78-49BF-80F9-4550DC9389A5 (resized).jpeg
EF253570-4882-44D9-BB36-8704AE782AE1 (resized).jpeg
0E96370D-F4C0-4EAF-9C3F-D27B94AF229A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpg
57621EFB-98EE-4937-BBA9-B9CDC76C4737 (resized).jpeg
ADF56E84-FC53-4FA9-B4EB-8B03C74A3B96 (resized).jpeg
FFAF5A3A-F811-431C-A495-A9D2D1BC2122 (resized).jpeg
533B5315-92C7-474C-A913-2577C9CE87B7 (resized).jpeg
44176B5C-709F-4D3C-9C6E-10685F625BD4 (resized).jpeg
8AEB0DDE-486F-4FD1-B818-C9FFF4D11DDE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200806_123101 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200806_123046 (resized).jpg

There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.
#3801 8 days ago

This is all there is in the manual. But all relays for high voltage coils are wired the same. Page 47.

relay (resized).PNG
#3802 8 days ago

Ok, perfect. Thanks

Is the design theory to take the load of the 65VDC coils off the Transistor and put it through a relay?

#3803 8 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Ok, perfect. Thanks
Is the design theory to take the load of the 65VDC coils off the Transistor and put it through a relay?

Yep.

#3804 8 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Ok, perfect. Thanks

You see where the mistake is in the diagram for this circuit.

#3805 8 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey Grumpy. I tried finding this relay and resistor/diode set on the High Speed Instruction Manual schematics. I found Q7 but could not locate where this Kickback wiring diagram is. Is it depicted anywhere?

It is a supplementary amendment publication.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1176/Williams_1986_High_Speed_Amendments_and_Additions_to_the_Instruction_Manual_probable_date_Apr_2_1986.pdf

#3806 8 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You see where the mistake is in the diagram for this circuit.

Is it the missing 150uF capacitor in the ground and 34V brown wire?

#3807 7 days ago

Thank you for everyone's help, I had never gone under the playfield before, what an amazing experience, found the problem, the wire had fallen off of the small piece of wood, reconnected and now it works great. Also fixed the upper flipper on my own. Was having the worst day and now I feel great too, thanks again Lance

#3808 7 days ago

Who would have guessed?

#3809 7 days ago

New problem, not registering that the ball is done with it's turn, so no new ball is coming out. I don't see any loose wires, thank you for any help, didn't think I would be reaching out so soon after fixing the other problems last night

#3810 6 days ago
Quoted from LanceCT:

New problem, not registering that the ball is done with it's turn, so no new ball is coming out. I don't see any loose wires, thank you for any help, didn't think I would be reaching out so soon after fixing the other problems last night

Do a switch edge test on the trough switch.

#3811 6 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Do a switch edge test on the trough switch.

That worked, thank you!

#3812 6 days ago

If the switch worked in test, then do a coil test to see if the outhole coil is working.

#3814 6 days ago

Now the test is flashing continuously Right trough, center trough, left trough with corresponding numbers

#3815 6 days ago
Quoted from LanceCT:

Now the test is flashing continuously Right trough, center trough, left trough with corresponding numbers

There are 2 different switch tests:

SWITCH LEVELS

and

SWITCH EDGES

Switch levels signal any switch that is closed So the 3 switches you mentioned should be shown as long as you have 3 balls installed

The test you want is EDGES. That test will chime each time a switch id depressed or released.

Use the EDGES test and cycle any switch to make sure it is registering.

#3816 6 days ago

New Lower Price! Free Shipping!

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “~HIGH SPEED PINBALL WIRE FORM SET~ WILLIAMS PINBALL 4 Wire form package/bundle, complete set. They have some entrance marks at basket ends. Dirt and some black mark...”
7 hours ago
Anaheim, CA

#3817 4 days ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

Finally got my new traffic light installed and the highway sign mod. I think I'm gonna need that red ramp to finish it off. Looking good so far tho![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How are those target light padded stickers holding up?

Did you get the light mod from the store on here? with the $18USD shipping to Canada?

#3818 2 days ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

How are those target light padded stickers holding up?
Did you get the light mod from the store on here? with the $18USD shipping to Canada?

i got the traffic light mod from the guy on here that makes them. great addition to the game, looks way better than the original black box one. the target stickers are holding up quite well, i have these on most of my machines and havent had any issues with them falling off or anything. i believe i got them from the guy who sells them on ebay

#3819 2 days ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

i got the traffic light mod from the guy on here that makes them. great addition to the game, looks way better than the original black box one. the target stickers are holding up quite well, i have these on most of my machines and havent had any issues with them falling off or anything. i believe i got them from the guy who sells them on ebay

Awesome.
Thanks for responding. Saw them on ebay; probably same guy.
Think the light mod is a must.

#3820 1 day ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Awesome.
Thanks for responding. Saw them on ebay; probably same guy.
Think the light mod is a must.

ya, i think its topnotchtargets on ebay or something like that
the light mod is a must for sure, hopefully you can still get one
good luck with your machine

#3821 1 day ago

Looks like a faulty fuse was the main cause of my issues, it would work intermittently... so is that a thing with a machine, that a fuse may not run at 1OO%, I am so used to car fuses either working or not working

thank you

#3822 1 day ago
Quoted from LanceCT:

Looks like a faulty fuse was the main cause of my issues, it would work intermittently... so is that a thing with a machine, that a fuse may not run at 1OO%, I am so used to car fuses either working or not working
thank you

I can be, slow blow fuses have a filament similar to a light bulb. When power goes through the filament it heats up and expands which can cause it to fracture and have no current flow. With no current flow it will cool off and contract. The fracture may touch back together and spot weld itself because of the current flow. Then it will work for a while, but break during high current draw again.

#3823 10 hours ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I can be, slow blow fuses have a filament similar to a light bulb. When power goes through the filament it heats up and expands which can cause it to fracture and have no current flow. With no current flow it will cool off and contract. The fracture may touch back together and spot weld itself because of the current flow. Then it will work for a while, but break during high current draw again.

So interesting!

And I'm glad it's working

When the kickback initially wasn't working, I first checked the 2.5 fuse by trying another one that was in the machine since I didn't have an extra one. When it wasn't the fuse that was broken, I was able to fix the kickback by connecting the wire back to the ground. But when I put the fuse back in, I did not realize that they did not go to their original spots even though it was the same fuse. Then all hell broke loose on the machine where the trough, outhole, etc. all gradually stopped working. Then I swapped out the two 2.5 fuses and everything works as perfectly when I tested the machine at the guy's house I bought it from.

thank you for all of the help, I am so much more comfortable figuring out my High Speed and loving it. My eleven year old is thrilled too, he got a 3,1OO,OOO score last night and went to bed happy, me too!

#3824 7 hours ago
Quoted from LanceCT:

So interesting!
And I'm glad it's working
When the kickback initially wasn't working, I first checked the 2.5 fuse by trying another one that was in the machine since I didn't have an extra one. When it wasn't the fuse that was broken, I was able to fix the kickback by connecting the wire back to the ground. But when I put the fuse back in, I did not realize that they did not go to their original spots even though it was the same fuse. Then all hell broke loose on the machine where the trough, outhole, etc. all gradually stopped working. Then I swapped out the two 2.5 fuses and everything works as perfectly when I tested the machine at the guy's house I bought it from.
thank you for all of the help, I am so much more comfortable figuring out my High Speed and loving it. My eleven year old is thrilled too, he got a 3,1OO,OOO score last night and went to bed happy, me too!

May I suggest getting a list of all of the fuses that the machine needs and looking online for the cheapest supplier and buy a handful of each. Last ones I got were from Great Plains Electronics. Under .50 each depending on size. If you look at some of the pinball sites they want $3.00 each.

#3825 3 hours ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

May I suggest getting a list of all of the fuses that the machine needs and looking online for the cheapest supplier and buy a handful of each. Last ones I got were from Great Plains Electronics. Under .50 each depending on size. If you look at some of the pinball sites they want $3.00 each.

Great idea, thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside