(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 126.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I had to email them directly.....they have it though....

I think we're talking about two different things.

Anyway, what did you use to replace the speaker fabric?

#2802 4 years ago

Looking for a HS PF. Will pay top dollar. Someone must have one stashed away. Please PM me.

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Where? I can't seem to find it.

I assumed you were asking about the speaker screen- from Pinball life? The speaker fabric I purchased on ebay just do a search for speaker mesh speaker grill cloth etc....

#2804 4 years ago

I've been searching throughout this forum and online to find an answer (or just get some opinions) to how to handle replacing the plastic pieces that have the metal spacers. I am attempting, my first time, rebuild of this pinball machine. I am in the reassembly phase after installing a Hardtop on the playfield and am stumped by the metal spacers that separate the plastic playfield pieces. Like the one pictured below. I've read earlier in the thread where someone posted that the metal spacers are removed by heating them up with a soldering iron, then applied to the new plastic by again, heating with a soldering iron and forcing them in. Has anyone used the black spacers (linked below) with any success? What are the best options?

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-black-plastic-spacers-with-mounting-notch.html

20190930_213358 (resized).jpg20190930_213358 (resized).jpg
#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from detroitzoran:

I've been searching throughout this forum and online to find an answer (or just get some opinions) to how to handle replacing the plastic pieces that have the metal spacers. I am attempting, my first time, rebuild of this pinball machine. I am in the reassembly phase after installing a Hardtop on the playfield and am stumped by the metal spacers that separate the plastic playfield pieces. Like the one pictured below. I've read earlier in the thread where someone posted that the metal spacers are removed by heating them up with a soldering iron, then applied to the new plastic by again, heating with a soldering iron and forcing them in. Has anyone used the black spacers (linked below) with any success? What are the best options?
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-black-plastic-spacers-with-mounting-notch.html[quoted image]

Check out this thread, I followed these procedures and it worked out fine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repo-plastic-question

#2806 4 years ago

cliffy sells replacement metal ball guides shown above that have tighter clearances and that you may want to look at (mine were pretty banged up with a lip from the ball hitting it).. I believe he also has some tips to remove these...but I simply took my dremel and ground down the lip only on the top of the spacer. when it gets to the point where its ground flush with the top of the ball guide, it simply pops out. leave the short portion that extends into the metal guide and it should slip in nicely to the new one....the plastic ones can be done like suggested above with a soldering iron...pretty straight forward. Be sure to order the enhanced version as he also makes the original one too.

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

cliffy sells replacement metal ball guides shown above that have tighter clearance and you may want to look at (mine were pretty banged up with a lip from the ball hitting it).. I believe he also has some tips to remove these...but I simply took my dremel and ground down the lip only on the top of the spacer. when it gets to the point where its ground flush with the top of the ball guide, it simply pops out. leave the short portion that extends into the metal guide and it should slip in nicely to the new one....the plastic ones can be done like suggested above with a soldering iron...pretty straight forward.

I second this, the Cliffy lane guide replacements are excellent.

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I second this, the Cliffy lane guide replacements are excellent.

I'll triple it. I had a significant bounce, especially on my right inlane. Cliffy's made them buttery smooth! Well worth the money, especially given how much it improves gameplay.

#2809 4 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I just ordered a set of these and I am excited to get this back together.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

#2810 4 years ago

I see the stop light housing is available but not the wiring and light assembly. Anyone have details on making one?

3 weeks later
#2811 4 years ago

Can one of you fine gents post a picture of your upper flipper wiring. From memory I have 2 yellow/blue going to right lug (branded side of diode) and a yellow/black going to left lug.

This is my last remaining issue. Upper flipper does not work at all. New flipper mech and new flipper board.

Can a bad cap on the button cabinet switches cause this?

#2814 4 years ago

Hey Woody,

Since your right lower flipper is working, If you have not done so yet, I would check continuity between the cabinet flipper switch BLK/YEL wire to the Coil Lug BLK/YEL wire on your upper right flipper. (see pic below) Possibly a molex terminal has slipped out of one of the dark brown connectors in the lower back cabinet. There are TWO connectors you need to check. See Pics.
Check Continuity at red arrowsCheck Continuity at red arrowsIMG_3484 (resized).JPGIMG_3484 (resized).JPGIMG_3485 (resized).JPGIMG_3485 (resized).JPG

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey Woody,
Since your right lower flipper is working, If you have not done so yet, I would check continuity between the cabinet flipper switch BLK/YEL wire to the Coil Lug BLK/YEL wire on your upper right flipper. (see pic below) Possibly a molex terminal has slipped out of one of the dark brown connectors in the lower back cabinet. There are TWO connectors you need to check. See Pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

10-4, I was just about to do that. Coil is getting power, I shorted it and it fires, so it has to be something with that black/yellow wire or the cabinet switch. A bad cap on the cabinet switch would not cause this would it??

I wanted to get the rest of the game put back together before my daughters halloween party today.

Thanks for your help

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey Woody,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well, checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

#2817 4 years ago

I am not sure if a bad cap Would cause that to not fire. Have you shorted the switch itself at the switch solder connections where the cap is soldered? There could be a problem with the switch blades. How are the switch contacts?

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I am not sure if a bad cap Would cause that to not fire. Have you shorted the switch itself at the switch solder connections where the cap is soldered? There could be a problem with the switch blades. How are the switch contacts?

they actually look pretty decent - I am stumped on this one.

#2819 4 years ago

When you

Quoted from woody76:

10-4, I was just about to do that. Coil is getting power, I shorted it and it fires, so it has to be something with that black/yellow wire or the cabinet switch. A bad cap on the cabinet switch would not cause this would it??
I wanted to get the rest of the game put back together before my daughters halloween party today.
Thanks for your help

What did you short to get the coil to fire?

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

When you

What did you short to get the coil to fire?

I just clipped to side rail and touched the non banded side lug.

#2821 4 years ago

This is very basic but Did you check the flipper switch for continuity? place the DMM probes on the solder tabs fo the switch at the BLK/YEL and ORG/VIO then press the flipper button. I am at a loss here and thinking it is going to be a very odd failure.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

This is very basic but Did you check the flipper switch for continuity? place the DMM probes on the solder tabs fo the switch at the BLK/YEL and ORG/VIO then press the flipper button. I am at a loss here and thinking it is going to be a very odd failure.

i did, but checked again it is good

#2823 4 years ago

I am out of ideas on this one. I do not believe the cap would be a culprit but stranger things have happened.

#2824 4 years ago

go up to post 2812 a few up from here and look at that pic and then look at this one I found on internet.

so witch one is correct? The EOS wiring is different

My game came wired like pic in 2812 so that is what I mirrored when I did my flipper upgrade.

Just for giggles I switched my wiring like the my pic below and flipper still does work during game play.

Can someone who has this game confirm which is correct?

5114dcc3988a93c970a0f06cfbaf987b (resized).jpg5114dcc3988a93c970a0f06cfbaf987b (resized).jpg
#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

You need to check for continuity from the other wire on the cabinet switch to the connector on the CPU board.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just for giggles I switched my wiring like the my pic below and flipper still does work during game play.

I don't see any difference other then 2812 has a cap installed across the EOS switch. Caps were not installed on series wound coils tho.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I don't see any difference other then 2812 has a cap installed across the EOS switch. Caps were not installed on series wound coils tho.

The switch wires are going to different lugs

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to check for continuity from the other wire on the cabinet switch to the connector on the CPU board.

Woody said the lower flipper operates, it is just the upper flipper that is not operating via the flipper cabinet switch. The lower and the upper flipper use the same wire ORG/VIO to the CPU board 1J19-1 so the continuity should show good. Wouldn't you agree?

#2829 4 years ago

Your solenoid wiring is correct. No cap needed. Here is a pic of my upper flipper.

IMG_3487 (resized).jpgIMG_3487 (resized).jpg
#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The switch wires are going to different lugs

Do you mean that the EOS wires are reversed? If so it doesn't matter.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

it is just the upper flipper that is not operating

Sorry I missed that.

Quoted from woody76:

checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

Sometimes you have continuity but it wont pass any current (poor connection). What happens when you ground the Black/yellow wire at the cab switch?

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Sometimes you have continuity but it wont pass any current (poor connection). What happens when you ground the Black/yellow wire at the cab switch?

did this and the coil fired

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

did this and tested good, pin 1 on J19 to the coil and pressed the cabinet switch in and it has continuity.

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

did this and the coil fired

Quoted from woody76:

did this and tested good, pin 1 on J19 to the coil and pressed the cabinet switch in and it has continuity.

The only thing left is the cabinet switch contacts are too worn or dirty to work.

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The only thing left is the cabinet switch contacts are too worn or dirty to work.

Yea, I cleaned them several times. I was about to order some more cabinet switches.

Thanks for the walk through.

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yea, I cleaned them several times.

Just jumper it with an alligator clip to see if it flips. Then you will know for sure.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Just jumper it with an alligator clip to see if it flips. Then you will know for sure.

can you explain how to do this? want to make sure I do it correctly.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

can you explain how to do this? want to make sure I do it correctly.

use a jumper wire to the ORG/VIO & BLK/YEL on the solder lugs of the switch. This will only work if you have an active game or in diagnostic mode such as switch edges or switch levels. If the solenoid operates your switch is suspect.
IMG_3488 (resized).jpgIMG_3488 (resized).jpg

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

use a jumper wire to the ORG/VIO & BLK/YEL on the solder lugs of the switch. This will only work if you have an active game or in diagnostic mode such as switch edges or switch levels. If the solenoid operates your switch is suspect.
[quoted image]

10-4, thank you very much.

I am going to assume this is the problem. Not sure what else it could be.

#2839 4 years ago

What is the most likely cause if none of my special solenoids are firing (slings, pops, rear flasher). All other coils are working fine, including flippers. New rottendog board.

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

What is the most likely cause if none of my special solenoids are firing (slings, pops, rear flasher). All other coils are working fine, including flippers. New rottendog board.

Did the problem start after you installed the rottendog board or did you install the rottendog board trying to fix the problem?

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

What is the most likely cause if none of my special solenoids are firing

You have lost the ground for the switch inputs. It is grounded on the power supply at 3J-6 pin 14 (white wire).

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You have lost the ground for the switch inputs. It is grounded on the power supply at 3J-6 pin 14 (white wire).

Gonna try this tonight, thank you.

Old MPU board was trash. Rottendog board looks good but PIA light is not on, would that be part ofthe same issue?

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Rottendog board looks good but PIA light is not on, would that be part ofthe same issue?

If the RD cpu is working the rest of the solenoids, then this not part of the same issue. Look at the power supply connector 3J6 for a white wire on the right hand side of the connector. It may have come loose from the connector.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I just went through a lot of issues with these special solenoids after putting my playfield back together. First is the fuse (2.5amp) good on the power supply board. (either f2 or f4 I don't recall exactly) I believe that wire(red/white stripe) supplies power to all those solenoids. I had made an adjustment on one of my pop bumpers and when I turned the machine on it would immediately lock up the coil and blow the fuse. Start there....

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

[quoted image]

just did this and started game and upper flipper fired and held until I took jumper off. Ordered a new switch.

Thanks monkfe, grumpy, and pin-pilot

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

just did this and started game and upper flipper fired and held until I took jumper off. Ordered a new switch.
Thanks monkfe, grumpy, and pin-pilot

Great! I always replace flipper switches. Its easy and they usually need to be replaced when you get a used game.

#2847 4 years ago

Changed out fuse and checked connections. Fixed problem. Thanks all.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Great! I always replace flipper switches. Its easy and they usually need to be replaced when you get a used game.

now I know, I have never had one fail like this. I have always cleaned them up and they work again.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

now I know, I have never had one fail like this. I have always cleaned them up and they work again.

Replace both and enjoy nice strong flippers. Playball!

#2850 4 years ago

Hey guys, can someone please tell me if I need to add another violet wire to this connector on my High Speed?

The second picture is another pinsider's High Speed and it has 2 violet wires coming out of the connector to the Board. Mine is the first pic, and I only have one violet wire. I'm going to install the Inkochnito rectifier board next week and I just want to make sure I'm good without that second wire.

(Update): this was answered in a different thread. I am going to add the wire to help distribute the flow of electricity.
IMG_20191031_172626 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_172626 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191017-210830 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191017-210830 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/57?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.