(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 seconds ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 126.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The rubber on my upper flipper is slowly getting cut by the metal ball guide. It’s aligned as it seemingly should be, and might even be a touch low. Is this normal?

Coil stops and or plungers are wearing out. Or the incorrect coil stops were installed.

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Coil stops and or plungers are wearing out. Or the incorrect coil stops were installed.

Absolutely, I assumed that he had installed new parts. Could also need new flipper bushing. Check that your flipper bushing is mounted solid as well, no loose screws.

#2753 4 years ago

I have 2 High Speeds and I did rebuild kits on one of them, but can't remember which one. I'm guessing at this point that this game is not the one I had done.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Could also need new flipper bushing. Check that your flipper bushing is mounted solid as well, no loose screws.

Yes sir, this can also be a very big possibility.

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Ah, fair point. I did a full rebuild, plus I have Titans on my machine which might be less susceptible to this issue.

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Ah, fair point. I did a full rebuild, plus I have Titans on my machine which might be less susceptible to this issue.

Looking at mine, I definitely see a groove in the rubber at that spot, but it’s just a dent. No cut.

Guess that’s a proof point of the durability of the Titans

#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Agreed. I had this issue on mine and it was thanks to an incorrect length coil stop put on at some point.

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The rubber on my upper flipper is slowly getting cut by the metal ball guide. It’s aligned as it seemingly should be, and might even be a touch low. Is this normal?

YUP! The flipper snaps up and slightly kisses the top rail... Has to due with the
plastic link elongating over the many flips...

#2759 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

YUP! The flipper snaps up and slightly kisses the top rail... Has to due with the
plastic link elongating over the many flips...

And other factors as above.

#2760 4 years ago

Quick Note:

If you are interested in purchasing a new playfield from Classic Playfields for your High Speed or know someone that wants one. CPR is showing only 3 left on their web page!

[EDIT] --- 1 Left!

#2761 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Quick Note:
If you are interested in purchasing a new playfield from Classic Playfields for your High Speed or know someone that wants one. CPR is showing only 3 left on their web page!

Or alternatively, there's a few new - fixed - Hardtops available: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prototyping-a-hardtop-high-speed/page/7#post-5192271

#2762 4 years ago

[EDIT] I originally said coin door pic. what I really need is a pic of the front cabinet so I can print the "HIGH SPEED" and trace it for a stencil it so I can paint the front cabinet.

Need a favor from my High Speed community. My High Speed front cabinet is very weathered and I need to do a cabinet paint job. The sides are in decent shape but the front needs serious help.

If I could get one of you to take a high res picture straight on of the front CABINET so I can create a stencil I would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Here is an example of my cabinet.

you can email it to me at 757drivr@gmail(DOT)com
IMG_3143 (resized).JPGIMG_3143 (resized).JPG

#2763 4 years ago

A friend was playing my HS on location and said when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him. I don’t even know how to light special, let alone test why this specific situation might have happened.

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A friend was playing my HS on location and said when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him. I don’t even know how to light special, let alone test why this specific situation might have happened.

Special is lit when you "run the red light" a 2nd time.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him.

Was it the left or right?

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Was it the left or right?

Friend says it was the right side.

#2767 4 years ago

...and so it begins...these playfields are way better than the original

20190910_182536 (resized).jpg20190910_182536 (resized).jpg20190910_182544 (resized).jpg20190910_182544 (resized).jpg
#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

...and so it begins...these playfields are way better than the original[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey @monkfe, is that a CPR play field? I ordered one and waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

#2769 4 years ago

The CPR playfields came too late for me.
I will be putting the final clearcoat on my playfield Sunday......

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

The CPR playfields came too late for me.
I will be putting the final clearcoat on my playfield Sunday......

Definitely a much cheaper way to go.

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Hey monkfe, is that a CPR play field? I ordered one and waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

Yes just unwrapped it!

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

[EDIT] I originally said coin door pic. what I really need is a pic of the front cabinet so I can print the "HIGH SPEED" and trace it for a stencil it so I can paint the front cabinet.
Need a favor from my High Speed community. My High Speed front cabinet is very weathered and I need to do a cabinet paint job. The sides are in decent shape but the front needs serious help.
If I could get one of you to take a high res picture straight on of the front CABINET so I can create a stencil I would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Here is an example of my cabinet.
you can email it to me at 757drivr@gmail(DOT)com
[quoted image]

Wow - it looks that bad and it is only the front?

Just get decals instead of a stencil and just redo the whole thing. That looks tough. I don’t have art for you since I am in a mod restore myself.

I put decals on my cabinet. I know it is not original but it is easier and in my opinion looks better.

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Wow - it looks that bad and it is only the front?
Just get decals instead of a stencil and just redo the whole thing. That looks tough. I don’t have art for you since I am in a mod restore myself.
I put decals on my cabinet. I know it is not original but it is easier and in my opinion looks better.

Yea, the sides are remarkably in good shape thus why I just want to paint the front and leave the sides as is. Should be easy to paint the front. just need a good pic. Actually looking at the side of my cabinet I might be able to snap a photo of the HIGH SPEED and scale it to correct size in photoshop then make a stencil.

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Yea, the sides are remarkably in good shape thus why I just want to paint the front and leave the sides as is. Should be easy to paint the front. just need a good pic. Actually looking at the side of my cabinet I might be able to snap a photo of the HIGH SPEED and scale it to correct size in photoshop then make a stencil.

The Pinball Pimp folks sold me just the backbox stencils. Might wanna see if they will sell you just the front.

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

The Pinball Pimp folks sold me just the backbox stencils. Might wanna see if they will sell you just the front.

Ok, if that is an option I will try that. thanks

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Ok, if that is an option I will try that. thanks

I can take a pic of mine if you don't need everything taken off. I only have the camera from my samsung s9+ , will that work?

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I can take a pic of mine if you don't need everything taken off. I only have the camera from my samsung s9+ , will that work?

That would be perfect. The red and yellow square is easy to duplicate. I need a pic that shows the HIGH SPEED graphics. Thanks

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A friend was playing my HS on location and said when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him.

Was he on a single ball? What kind of tilt was it?

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Definitely a much cheaper way to go.

I probably would have bought one anyway.
I believe the touch-up/clear coat labor is probably equal to the playfield swap labor depending on how worn the playfield actually is.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I probably would have bought one anyway.
I believe the touch-up/clear coat labor is probably equal to the playfield swap labor depending on how worn the playfield actually is.

Nice to start fresh with new PF but either way there are challenges.

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That would be perfect. The red and yellow square is easy to duplicate. I need a pic that shows the HIGH SPEED graphics. Thanks

Ok, will do. As soon as I get home today.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Nice to start fresh

I absolutely agree.
Even the best restoration will have flaws and areas that will look "used" if you look closely enough.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Pics sent. Lmk if you don't get them.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Pics sent. Lmk if you don't get them.

Got them! Thanks

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Got them! Thanks

Man, I was wondering how my Gmail knew your name when I was putting in the address and just figured it out. I sent you pool sharks pics a while back for that diverter. I was so mad at myself from that. I ended up breaking a plastic getting to that game and those are impossible to find! Lol. Did you get a diverter made for that?

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Man, I was wondering how my Gmail knew your name when I was putting in the address and just figured it out. I sent you pool sharks pics a while back for that diverter. I was so mad at myself from that. I ended up breaking a plastic getting to that game and those are impossible to find! Lol. Did you get a diverter made for that?

Oh, NO. Sorry to hear that. Yes, I was able to get my diverter working. Had to make a piece from scratch then order a dozen plastic diverter pieces from a 3D printer company. Would have cost the same had I ordered 1 or 12. Has been working great since.

Sorry about the broken plastic and thanks for the help. Again.

#2787 4 years ago

I need some pictures (and maybe some parts) for the locking portion of the coin door. My coin door did not have a lock on it when I bought it. I bought an 7/8 that Marco's recommenced and said that would fit. After install of the lock, the door will not securely close and hangs opens about a 1/4. Any picture (parts) or suggestions would be great.

#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I need some pictures (and maybe some parts) for the locking portion of the coin door. My coin door did not have a lock on it when I bought it. I bought an 7/8 that Marco's recommenced and said that would fit. After install of the lock, the door will not securely close and hangs opens about a 1/4. Any picture (parts) or suggestions would be great.

My door does that as well. There are a couple ways to fix this. I just bent an angle in the lock arm and that took out the slop. you can also find a pre bent lock arm like the one in the pic. This pre bent arm example is technically bent the wrong way, the dimple should match up with the door frame and this one would make more slack than less if installed correctly. You could install it flipped if desired.

IMG_3146 (resized).JPGIMG_3146 (resized).JPGIMG_3147 (resized).JPGIMG_3147 (resized).JPG
#2789 4 years ago

I save any of the cam lock arms when I pull locks from games in case I need one with a bend or an extra long one, etc.

1 week later
#2790 4 years ago

Does anyone know what is going on with CPR atm, I ordered a new playfield and other parts a few weeks ago and haven't received it yet, with my previous orders i received parts from them with in a week, I have emailed them 3 times asking if the items have been shipped or for a tracking number and haven't had a single reply.
cheers

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know what is going on with CPR atm, I ordered a new playfield and other parts a few weeks ago and haven't received it yet, with my previous orders i received parts from them with in a week, I have emailed them 3 times asking if the items have been shipped or for a tracking number and haven't had a single reply.
cheers

Go to your paypal puchase, if your products are shipped, the tracking number will be listed

#2792 4 years ago

I inquired also as I have a Playfield on order for High Speed. They were caught off guard by the demand of the high speed playfield. It seems they put the cart in front of the horse. Did not plan on so many orders along with orders still being accepted even though they did not have any more play fields.

Not sure I believe 100% of what they are claiming but they did say the play fields should ship next week. They told me that september 4th as well soooo......

#2793 4 years ago

Anyone replace their factory speaker with two speakers?...I reached out to pinsound...said they are working on the early system 11 games and this game specifically, but "a work in progress "...my machine was down so I was filling my down time with replacing them...I removed the fabric and speaker screen, which pretty much destroys it as the glue sticks to it pretty good, I found replacement screen from pinball life. Two 4x6 speakers from Amazon some #8 T nuts...found new fabric on ebay...... Don't forget your thin blue line
20190917_180606 (resized).jpg20190917_180606 (resized).jpg

20190923_185102 (resized).jpg20190923_185102 (resized).jpg20190923_185118 (resized).jpg20190923_185118 (resized).jpg
#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Anyone replace their factory speaker with two speakers?...I reached out to pinsound...said they are working on the early system 11 games and this game specifically, but "a work in progress "...my machine was down so I was filling my down time with replacing them...I removed the fabric and speaker screen, which pretty much destroys it as the glue sticks to it pretty good, I found replacement screen from pinball life. Two 4x6 speakers from Amazon some #8 T nuts...found new fabric on ebay...... Don't forget your thin blue line
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious on whether I makes much of an improvement in the sound. I replaced the stock speaker with more modern tech and it didn’t make much of a difference. Granted, it wasn’t a co-ax speaker, but expected a bit more of an improvement over a the stock paper cone POS

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need to do this as well. My speaker board needs replacing along with the faded fabric cover. Looks nice!

#2796 4 years ago

HS in yellow, I missed the back channel for the glass though. That’ll get taken care of

2EBD4CE9-E928-48D0-854C-D143B0414D5D (resized).jpeg2EBD4CE9-E928-48D0-854C-D143B0414D5D (resized).jpegE940C3A9-001F-4CA2-8FFE-0C37C2144347 (resized).jpegE940C3A9-001F-4CA2-8FFE-0C37C2144347 (resized).jpeg
#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I found replacement screen from pinball life.

Where? I can't seem to find it.

#2799 4 years ago

Maybe pics don’t do it justice. I don’t think they do, better in person. It blends with the cab yellow, the apron and card borders and the yellow back glass lines on the road. Still better than dull scratched silver.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Where? I can't seem to find it.

I had to email them directly.....they have it though....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/56?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.