(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 126.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

TNT Amusements has some seven digit displays that were passable for sale a while back, wouldn’t hurt to email them and see if they have any. Might have an burn on them or some other imperfections but it would work.
Alternatively, order a new led set from XPin. Expensive up front, but then you can play the game and in the mean time look for a replacement.

Thanks, I will try TNT. I still have some work to do on the pin. Not in a super rush but am excited to get her up to running while I do touch ups.

#2652 4 years ago

We only have numeric displays...these were from shuffle alleys and 4 of the seven digits are "bloated"...still readable but we cannot put into games we sell. The other three numbers are perfect since they were never on at all. So if you put this into the 3rd or 4th player Williams pinball or 5th or 6th players ina shuffle alley if you don't want to buy a new led system or a new glass. They are $15 each...I can ship up to three in a flat rate box for $7.50. Just paypal me [email protected] Todd

#2653 4 years ago

Thanks for the response Todd. Gonna keep looking for the Alpha-Numberic displays. They seem to turn up now and then when someone converts to LED displays.

#2654 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what this board does and the value of the fried resistor

20190711_210231 (resized).jpg20190711_210231 (resized).jpg20190711_210235 (resized).jpg20190711_210235 (resized).jpg
#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Can someone tell me what this board does and the value of the fried resistor[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a early snub board setup.... Does the game have black Bosch relays? O.K. I can see
the other style of relay... That game is a middle model of Williams High Speed.
You have the Snubber relay setup before Williams made the PCB version.

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Looks like a early snub board setup.... Does the game have black Bosch relays? O.K. I can see
the other style of relay... That game is a middle model of Williams High Speed.
You have the Snubber relay setup before Williams made the PCB version.

Ok, So do you know the value of the resistor or is there a better fix for it? Whats its purpose? Thanks

#2657 4 years ago

I am going through my High Speed I picked up last week. The game was missing a knocker in the head cabinet (wires still there so easy to bring back to original). I just purchased a new knocker however there is no diode on the coil. I assume there should be one however I could not find the coil in the schematics in the instruction manual. Could someone verify that the knocker coil has a diode. Thanks much.

And if you can locate the knocker coil in the schematics please point me to the page. I found the Police Light Motor diagram and thought this would be the logical location for the schematic, but not there.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I just purchased a new knocker however there is no diode on the coil. I assume there should be one however I could not find the coil in the schematics in the instruction manual. Could someone verify that the knocker coil has a diode. Thanks much.

A early system 11 game like this will always have a diode on the coils. There should be a red and a brown/violet wire for this coil. The red wire is the power wire and should go to the silver band of the diode.

g (resized).PNGg (resized).PNG
#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

A early system 11 game like this will always have a diode on the coils. There should be a red and a brown/violet wire for this coil. The red wire is the power wire and should go to the silver band of the diode.[quoted image]

Thanks grumpy, was pretty sure it would need one. Wanted to make sure. And Cathode to red wires.

1 week later
#2660 4 years ago

So I finally got my high speed in the house and went to set it up and my ceiling was to low for the beacon to be on the top so then I had to find an alternative for the police light. I found a 12/24v blue and red light bar and got it wired so it plugs into the original plug I played probably 10 games and the game was on for a couple hours and then it blew the 1 amp fuse. I replaced it and it blew again so I did some calculations 48 watts / 24v = 2 amps. Does anyone know if it would be safe to put in a 2 amp slow blow instead of the 1 amp that the game calls for?

89F0BE62-F0EA-4747-978D-1995DFF1F7AF (resized).jpeg89F0BE62-F0EA-4747-978D-1995DFF1F7AF (resized).jpeg
#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Can someone tell me what this board does and the value of the fried resistor[quoted image][quoted image]

if I'm seeing that correctly (orange-green-black-gold) then it is a 350 ohm 5% resistor

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

So I finally got my high speed in the house and went to set it up and my ceiling was to low for the beacon to be on the top so then I had to find an alternative for the police light. I found a 12/24v blue and red light bar and got it wired so it plugs into the original plug I played probably 10 games and the game was on for a couple hours and then it blew the 1 amp fuse. I replaced it and it blew again so I did some calculations 48 watts / 24v = 2 amps. Does anyone know if it would be safe to put in a 2 amp slow blow instead of the 1 amp that the game calls for?[quoted image]

The stock beacon also blows the 1A fuse. I fitted a 2A fuse (I think GRUMPY recommended it) and it has been fine since.

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

The stock beacon also blows the 1A fuse. I fitted a 2A fuse (I think grumpy recommended it) and it has been fine since.

2 amp is OK, but I wouldn't go any higher. If a 2 amp doesn't work, let me know and I can show you how to run an extra power supply for it.

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

2 amp is OK, but I wouldn't go any higher. If a 2 amp doesn't work, let me know and I can show you how to run an extra power supply for it.

ok thanks i will try this when i get home

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

The stock beacon also blows the 1A fuse. I fitted a 2A fuse (I think grumpy recommended it) and it has been fine since.

When I was blowing my 1A beacon fuse all the time I put a 1.5A fuse in and haven't had a problem since. I was afraid to go to 2A.

#2666 4 years ago

Where did you find this light?

Quoted from joew575:

So I finally got my high speed in the house and went to set it up and my ceiling was to low for the beacon to be on the top so then I had to find an alternative for the police light. I found a 12/24v blue and red light bar and got it wired so it plugs into the original plug I played probably 10 games and the game was on for a couple hours and then it blew the 1 amp fuse. I replaced it and it blew again so I did some calculations 48 watts / 24v = 2 amps. Does anyone know if it would be safe to put in a 2 amp slow blow instead of the 1 amp that the game calls for?[quoted image]

#2667 4 years ago

GRUMPY the light blew the 2 amp fuse I will beep some help getting more power.

Quoted from detroitzoran:

Where did you find this light?

I found it on amazon they are 39.99 pm me I can send you a link

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

grumpy the light blew the 2 amp fuse I will beep some help getting more power.

You are going to need a power supply like this. Something around 100 watts. Then you will need to pull the input wire off of the fuse block for the mars lamp and replace it with the positive from the new power supply. You will need to ground the negative wire from the new power supply to the ground braid connection in the backbox.
Then plug the new power supply into the service outlet under the playfield. Last thing would be to move the black wire for the service outlet from the unswitched side of the fuse to the switched side so the power supply will turn on and off with the machine.

ebay.com link: Mean Well GST90A24 P1M 24 Volt 3 75 Amp 90 Watt Regulated Switching Table Top Po

#2669 4 years ago

High Speed Teardown Text File -No Photos- (unless added later by others)

Sequence and Notes:

* Underfield connectors: Mark, disconnect and push through hole in field, if possible.
* Top Left Flasher: You will need a hot iron for this. 2 Red wires, 1 brown wire. Rounded head wood screw.
* Ramp Traffic Light: Two screws into ramp.
* Plastic 541-21 over flasher: Two screws, one nut.
* Plastic 541-13: Three rounded wood screws.
* Left Kickout wireform: 5/16 nut and washer on sling post; two 1/4" head long wood screws; clamp at top.
* Left Kickout feed: One large head rounded wood screw
* Plastic "Don't drink and drive": Two rounded wood screws.
* Plastic 541-4: Three round head wood screws; 1 long panhead screw.
* Right Kickout wireform: 5/16" nut with washer on sling post; two 1/4" head long wood screws; clamp at top.
* Right Kickout feed: One large head rounded wood screw.
* Top right corner: Three long panhead wood screws.
* Main Ramp Assembly: Two screws at entrance; two small machine screws at top bracket; 1 at exit; 2 on entrance support bracket.
* Top left corner: 1 rounded wood screw.
* Plastic 541-15 over upper left 3-bank: 2 nuts
* Plastic "Drive 55 and Stay Alive": 1 long panhead screw, nut at bottom and right side.
* Plastic 541-17 over center 3-bank: 1 nut, 1 long panhead screw.
* Pop bumper caps: 2 small wood screws each.
* Plastic 541-1: 2 long panhead wood screws; 1 nut over saucer.
* Ramp exit flange: 2 wood
* Rt Spinner (S.Mon.): 1 long wood with steel riser; 1 wood.
* Center Spinner (S.D.): 2 long wood with steel risers; ring on left side.
* Left Spinner (By Sh): 1 long wood with steel riser on right; 1 wood screw.

I'll finish this up tomorrow

* Plastic over left 1-2-3: 1 long panhead; 2 wood; 1 nut.
* Left Slingshot: nut on bottom post with washers. Top posts open (washers left from before)
* Left flip inlane: 1 long wood at top with white spacer; 2 long machine screws; 1 long panhead.
* Right Slingshot: Nut with washer on lower post; top is open except for washers left from before.
* Right flip inlane: 2 long machine; 1 long panhead.
* Plastic over 4-5-6: 2 nuts; 1 wood screw.
* Apron: 2 screws at hangers; slide forward and lift off.
* Rubber rings and plastic posts.
* Left hideout metal rail, switch and flasher sockets: 6 wood screws.
* Right hideout metal rails: 9 wood screws; 1 1/4" hex head in retainer / rail behind flipper.

Reassemble in reverse order.

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

grumpy the light blew the 2 amp fuse I will beep some help getting more power.

I found it on amazon they are 39.99 pm me I can send you a link

do you find it too bright? ...I know these strobing lights can be blinding....

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

do you find it too bright? ...I know these strobing lights can be blinding....

It’s definitely bright but not to bright. It doesn’t glare on glass and doesn’t blind you while your playing because your head is down watching the ball. I think it really adds to the game.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if I'm seeing that correctly (orange-green-black-gold) then it is a 350 ohm 5% resistor

Found it in the manual now that I have the machine and manuals...

20190802_071838 (resized).jpg20190802_071838 (resized).jpg
#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You are going to need a power supply like this. Something around 100 watts. Then you will need to pull the input wire off of the fuse block for the mars lamp and replace it with the positive from the new power supply. You will need to ground the negative wire from the new power supply to the ground braid connection in the backbox.
Then plug the new power supply into the service outlet under the playfield. Last thing would be to move the black wire for the service outlet from the unswitched side of the fuse to the switched side so the power supply will turn on and off with the machine.
ebay.com link » Mean Well Gst90a24 P1m 24 Volt 3 75 Amp 90 Watt Regulated Switching Table Top Po

I'm getting my power supply today and i am going to install it later tonight what size fuse should i put in for the light then?

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

I'm getting my power supply today and i am going to install it later tonight what size fuse should i put in for the light then?

I would use a 3 amp slow blow fuse.

#2675 4 years ago

I picked up this pin as my second pin. I love it so much, and really like the history behind it. i can't stop playing!

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

I picked up this pin as my second pin. I love it so much, and really like the history behind it. i can't stop playing!

Good second choice pin! Welcome to the club

#2677 4 years ago

Selling a Next Gen HS Translight

Still Rolled up in tube

No longer have my game
My loss your gain
75$ shipped

Message with interest

A7BF761A-3858-43C1-8C59-EF0E53D8C08A (resized).pngA7BF761A-3858-43C1-8C59-EF0E53D8C08A (resized).png
Added over 5 years ago:

SOLD ITEM

#2678 4 years ago

Can someone tell me the capacitor values of the two ceramic disc caps on the flipper cabinet switches? ...One of mine is disintegrated

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Can someone tell me the capacitor values of the two ceramic disc caps on the flipper cabinet switches? ...One of mine is disintegrated

Hi

these will work on High Speed Flipper Cabinet Switches

0.1uf 500v Ceramic Caps

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
these will work on High Speed Flipper Cabinet Switches
0.1uf 500v Ceramic Caps

Thank you sir, just got this game, my neighbor gave it to me...its a mess and will need a new playfield. Obviously routed, but the bones are solid and hacks are minimal. Currently rebuilding the power supply board and replacing all the connectors with trifurcon connectors, nvram on the way. Going to get it back together when the boards are done and see if there are any obvious electrical issues other than the ones I've already found before I break it all down for a complete refurb. Looking forward to this project.

#2681 4 years ago

Maybe I'm the last to know, but have been chatting with monkfe who just purchased one of my clear ramps and he had said that CPR was going to do another run of High Speed playfields. I did not see any mention on the CPR site, so he double checked and received confirmation they will announce another run. Sweet!....I don't need one as I have already fully restored my High Speed with an earlier run of this playfield, but I know a lot of folks have been looking for one.

#2682 4 years ago

Crud. If the price were low enough, that might make me regret going the Hardtop route. But, the PF is all sanded down, so I'm committed at this point

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

CPR was going to do another run of High Speed playfields

If that's true, they may beat the Hardtop guys to market.
I keep thinking that if I get a Hardtop, I'm going to want Freeplay40's clear ramp to go with it.

#2684 4 years ago

Great, I can buy a repop play field.
I am just finishing restoring mine.
Clear coating 8/15.
No turning back now.
But if it were available BEFORE I did all this work, I would have certainly bought one.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Maybe I'm the last to know, but have been chatting with monkfe who just purchased one of my clear ramps and he had said that CPR was going to do another run of High Speed playfields. I did not see any mention on the CPR site, so he double checked and received confirmation they will announce another run. Sweet!....I don't need one as I have already fully restored my High Speed with an earlier run of this playfield, but I know a lot of folks have been looking for one.

I also keep checking their site and see no sign of a High Speed re-run. Why wouldn't this have a sign up list? I would love to get a new playfield.

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I also keep checking their site and see no sign of a High Speed re-run. Why wouldn't this have a sign up list? I would love to get a new playfield.

I believe they said within the next month or so...patiently waiting

1 week later
#2687 4 years ago

Hi guys, I purchased a high speed a few months ago and it is missing the rubber/rubbers up the front of the playfield below the ramp. not sure if it is meant to have 1 big rubber or 2 smaller ones, does any know this info and what size rubbers, als o how the hell do in install the new rubbers with the kickout shafts there, I had a look but not sure what needs to be removed and how.

cheers
Trevor

6436C3B9-817B-4762-A819-45BD178E19FC (resized).jpeg6436C3B9-817B-4762-A819-45BD178E19FC (resized).jpeg
#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

not sure if it is meant to have 1 big rubber or 2 smaller ones,

It is one big rubber which I believe is a 5".
And yes the assembly has to be removed.
I removed the one on my game to clear coat and it did not seem that difficult, but in my case, I had the playfield out of the machine.

#2689 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these in yellow?

3037563F-BB86-4764-9927-B2D6307AF0A9 (resized).jpeg3037563F-BB86-4764-9927-B2D6307AF0A9 (resized).jpeg
#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I removed the one on my game to clear coat and it did not seem that difficult, but in my case, I had the playfield out of the machine.

ok, great, thanks for info, It looks like a pain in the ass to remove this with the playfield in.

#2691 4 years ago

Look back in this thread. Some members were 3D printing the yellow ones. You can download the file and have it printed by internet sources or someone local.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

No, it is actually two big rubbers. Well, at least it was on my game..
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.10.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-17 at 10.10.33 AM (resized).png

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi guys, I purchased a high speed a few months ago and it is missing the rubber/rubbers up the front of the playfield below the ramp. not sure if it is meant to have 1 big rubber or 2 smaller ones, does any know this info and what size rubbers, als o how the hell do in install the new rubbers with the kickout shafts there, I had a look but not sure what needs to be removed and how.
cheers
Trevor[quoted image]

It is two big rubbers and they install around the diverter...They go behind the diverter plate.....between the wood back board and the back of the diverter.

#2694 4 years ago

You are in luck, I just replaced my rubbers on my High Speed and in the process of rebuilding. The size is 5" (part # 23-63-10) http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php

Here are a couple pics

IMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPG
#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It is two big rubbers and they install around the diverter...They go behind the diverter plate.....between the wood back board and the back of the diverter.

Thanks very much Mark, that makes sense and a lot easier going behind the diverter plate.
Cheers

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

You are in luck, I just replaced my rubbers on my High Speed and in the process of rebuilding. The size is 5" (part # 23-63-10) http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php
Here are a couple pics[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome, thanks very much for the photos. Makes it easier to see where they go.
Cheers

#2697 4 years ago

This place is such a great resource for sure. Found another thread on this very topic from a year ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-rear-high-speed-5-rubbers

#2698 4 years ago

great, thanks

1 week later
#2699 4 years ago

Getting back to fixing my HS now now that wildfires have me stuck home this weekend. I scrolled through over 20 pages and I think I found an answer but want to confirm so I don't cause damage. Was trying to fix a weak flipper and desdered 2 lugs from each to check resistance and forgot how they were wired after too much time between.
Can someone confirm that the blue/ yellow wire connects to the far lug and the blue wire goes to the middle? I took both flippers off so I can't compare to the other side even.

20190824_090420 (resized).jpg20190824_090420 (resized).jpg20190824_090420_capture (resized).jpg20190824_090420_capture (resized).jpg
#2700 4 years ago

Likewise, I believe this grey/ yellow goes to the outside and the blue to the middle. But would like to be certain.

20190824_093247 (resized).jpg20190824_093247 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/54?hl=detroitzoran and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.