(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,217 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 233 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240322_224010527 (resized).jpg
IMG_6217 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240317_215329874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_215316114 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 125.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

For those of you who own both HS and Taxi, how do you rank them? Why?

High Speed was the best game of it's time, alphanumeric displays, pulse pounding music, great flow, rotating light & speech (good in-game and for the attract mode). For good or bad it is a simple game. A skillful home player can roll over the score past 9,999,990, but a long game of High Speed becomes boring and repetitious. Taxi is the better game IMO, better sound and speech, plus it also has good flow, and there is much more to do on the playfield. The Taxi topper doesn't grab as much attention as the rotating police light, but it works well enough.

#1952 6 years ago

Special request High Speed ramp....

IMG_1328 (resized).JPGIMG_1328 (resized).JPG

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Special request High Speed ramp..

You do requests?

#1955 6 years ago

I am looking forward to installing that beautiful ramp in my game Mark. Glad I needed a High Speed ramp at the time GnR ramps were ready for a red dye bath

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That looks bad ass!

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Makes me wonder what one done in translucent black/gray would look like...

#1958 6 years ago

That pf looks great.

#1959 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy HS pop caps? I can't find any in stock. Or suggestion on something I could swap them all out with and would look good with the game.

#1961 6 years ago

Parting out a High Speed with unsalvageable cabinet damage. Right now, I am offering the following parts:
Coin door and frame: $50 plus shipping
Working transformer (with rust on case): $50 plus shipping
Power Service Box, Power Cord, and On/Off Switch: $30 plus shipping
Cash box with lid: $25 plus shipping
Knocker assembly and strike plate: $20 plus shipping
Backbox wire harnesses: $25 plus shipping
Shooter rod assembly: $20 plus shipping
Lockdown Bar and Receiver Assembly: $45 plus shipping

PM for pictures or see: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60481

More parts will be listed soon, including the populated playfield, power supply, sound board, and backglass.

#1962 6 years ago

Here is the red ramp that Freeplay40 made for me. I really think it looks nice in the game. I love how the 2 flashers in the far back of the playfield shine through it when they go off.

DSCF6502 (resized).JPGDSCF6502 (resized).JPG
DSCF6506 (resized).JPGDSCF6506 (resized).JPG

#1963 6 years ago

That ramp looks amazing. Great idea.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Here is the red ramp that Freeplay40 made for me. I really think it looks nice in the game. I love how the 2 flashers in the far back of the playfield shine through it when they go off.

Yeah, I might have to try one of those in my own game. I changed out the bumper caps in mine to the transparent red which might look nice with the red ramp.

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Very nice. Have you ever considered relocating the stoplight? Looks better at back of game in my opinion. Pretty sure Freeplay 40 came up with that.

#1966 6 years ago

Has anyone come up with a good option for covering the white area/lights under the clear ramp when installed with relocated traffic light? I know some ideas were thrown around in this thread in the past, but were any actually done?

I really, really like the clear ramp, but I don’t like that area being visible, it just looks like something’s missing to me. I may end up getting a clear ramp and just keep the traffic light in it’s original spot.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Has anyone come up with a good option for covering the white area/lights under the clear ramp when installed with relocated traffic light? I know some ideas were thrown around in this thread in the past, but were any actually done?
I really, really like the clear ramp, but I don’t like that area being visible, it just looks like something’s missing to me. I may end up getting a clear ramp and just keep the traffic light in it’s original spot.

Some have used a road decal on the clear ramp. Doesn't cover area completely ...

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Have you ever considered relocating the stoplight?

Yep, I actually ordered the stop light extension cord from Freeplay and intended to do that. It is a great option too, but after looking it over and debating it with myself, I stuck with the original location. That requires drilling the new ramp which many folks might frown upon. In an effort to reduce the chance of damaging the ramp while fastening the stop light, I used small threaded screws instead of the sheet metal screws that the factory used on the old ramp.

#1969 6 years ago

So i am having an issue and I hope this club can help. When playing HS for a while, usually about the time e I am getting ready to beat the high score, the game will glitch and basically shut down and loose the scores and functions. The game is still on and has power but looses all the sound's and functions. Normally I just turn it off and back on and it's good to go. This last time it did it it went back to factory settings. It doesn't happen often, every couple of days or so, but I have no idea what to check. Thanks for any help!

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Mark!?! I want a red one now! LOL

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So i am having an issue and I hope this club can help. When playing HS for a while, usually about the time e I am getting ready to beat the high score, the game will glitch and basically shut down and loose the scores and functions. The game is still on and has power but looses all the sound's and functions. Normally I just turn it off and back on and it's good to go. This last time it did it it went back to factory settings. It doesn't happen often, every couple of days or so, but I have no idea what to check. Thanks for any help!

When is the last time you changed the batteries? Could be low battery voltage.

#1972 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Or the batteries are leaking onto the board.

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Batteries are new. When this happens the whole game becomes disabled and is unplayable until I shut it off and turn it back on.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Batteries are new. When this happens the whole game becomes disabled and is unplayable until I shut it off and turn it back on.

The power supply may need rebuilding or you have some cracked header pins on the power wire going from the power supply to the CPU board. Use a volt meter and test the 5 volts on the test point on the CPU board, let us know what it reads.

#1975 6 years ago

Just want to give a shoutout to HSA Pinball for the awesome job they did clearcoating my new pf. Time to get ready for the swap!

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa030318cprhs.html#0

#1976 6 years ago

Sad to see my HS go. But it’s got a great new home!

1 week later
#1977 6 years ago

High Speed fans. New blood to the cool classic...

High Speed
L-4 patch 825f
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/yadsfwwl

Changes

Vacant menu adjustment 51 is now "Lit inlane". Options: "Stay" (default) and "Once".
Stay: Inlane awards stay lit when collected.
Once: Inlane awards unlight when collected.

Vacant menu adjustment 52 is now "Jackpot". Options: "Progressive" (default), "500K", "750K", "1M" and "1.5M".
Progressive: Jackpot increment rule as standard. But it is player individual and resets at start-of-game.

Some refinements to sound bites on inlanes, orbits, fun-with-bonus and match.
Inlanes give an audio cue when the kickback is lit.

Why it rocks

Progressive jackpot as designed by Demar/Richie. But refined for competition play.
Optionally fixed jackpot.
New inlane option is effectively a harder kickback rule.
Progressive jackpot, that also carries to next multiball on failed collect, offers more strategies to the game.

Note

The jackpot resets to 250K at start-of-game and on collect. Increment with scoring during multiball play. Tops at 2 million.
Lit orbit shot lights the inlanes. Lit inlane awards 20K and lights the kickback.

#1978 6 years ago

Thanks for the work @soren

#1979 6 years ago

Hi All,

Just joined as I have just become the proud owner of HS, it's been very badly neglected. So I have been slowly working my way through the faults.

I came across this site as I am in need of the ramp, as my one is cracked basically everywhere.

So I would like to ask Mark (Freeplay40) if you are still making these very nice looking ramps, especially the red one above. Also if you would post to France in Europe if you are still making them.

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi All,
Just joined as I have just become the proud owner of HS, it's been very badly neglected. So I have been slowly working my way through the faults.
I came across this site as I am in need of the ramp, as my one is cracked basically everywhere.
So I would like to ask Mark (Freeplay40) if you are still making these very nice looking ramps, especially the red one above. Also if you would post to France in Europe if you are still making them.

Yes I still make the ramps but have just changed out my dye in preparation for a new ramp. So at the moment, only clear is available. Will likely be several weeks before I go back to red. Also note that here in the US I offer assembly of the ramp for those not set up to do riveting. I'm doubting you would want to send your ramp parts to me to do the assembly for you. If you are set up to, or know someone who can do the riveting on the ramp, great.

#1981 6 years ago

Thank you for coming back to me so quick Mark.

When you say sent up to do riveting, are they different from what a lot of cars have as I have been a qualified car mechanic/auto-electrician for near on 30years.

If they are different then sending them to you would be the only option, bit on the dear side but worth every penny.

#1982 6 years ago

oh forgot to say i'll wait till you do the red ones, as it masks a lot of what is going on under the ramp.

#1983 6 years ago

I will put you on the list for a red ramp and notify you when I'm back to red dye. Might be sooner than later as I think I am going to set up for 2 to 3 color at all times. Don't know what kind of rivets would be used on autos, but the rivets used on pinball machines are call oval head semi-tubular rivets. Most all the rivets are 1'8" in diameter then vary by length depending on the thickness of what is being riveted. If you do want me to do the assembly, the parts I would need are the large bracket on the outside of the ramp on the left side, the switch plate under the center of the ramp and the small bracket on the right side of the ramp at the exit. Some people send me the whole ramp to disassemble but in your case would be best if you just sent the parts to save on postage. If you need advice on how to remove the existing rivets, when the time comes I can give you advice.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

oh forgot to say i'll wait till you do the red ones, as it masks a lot of what is going on under the ramp.

Clear red is the way to go, in my opinion. Lucky enough to snag Mark's last one, I'm guessing. Sent my black ramp last week up to Mark fully populated, and he turned it around quickly, as you can see by the photos.

Great work Mark, fits like a champ with absolutely no issues, thank you!!

HS2.pdfHS2.pdf

HS3.pdfHS3.pdf

HS1.pdfHS1.pdf

#1985 6 years ago

I have to wonder what a clear green ramp would look like.

#1986 6 years ago

Hello High Speed group.

Just working on getting my new find going 100%. I found that there was a disconnected wire from the amber right bank traffic light set.

Power on error indicates adjusting the switch for Green and yellow... makes sense.

As this bank seems to be wired differently than the other traffic light sets, I am wondering if this is a hack, or any ideas on where I should connect this loose wire? (Other light groups have a yellow wire connecting all of the same lead group, i.e. all backs, or fronts etc... in this case, the yellow wire is connected to the back of the green light, and the middle of the amber.)

I seem to get a diagnostic error no matter where it connects, perhaps something else going on.

Any pictures of this group, or ideas would be appreciated.

thank you!

IMG_20180316_231909.jpgIMG_20180316_231909.jpg

#1987 6 years ago

Pic is very blurry, but I would say it should connect to a green/orange on the left.

#1988 6 years ago

Hi Koji

That wire goes to the green wire on the left target soldered to the 2 green/orange wires at the lug for the target. hope this pic helps

IMG_3089 (resized).jpgIMG_3089 (resized).jpg

#1989 6 years ago

Hi Mark,

Will wait to here from you, and I think I'll just send it to you so I know the job will be done right.

I have read all of the post on the ramp so have seen the picture you put up on what is needed for you to do the rebuild the ramp.

Thank you

#1990 6 years ago

Hi Ballypinwiz,

Do you have one of the lower score displays (player 3 player 4) from that hs that works. part number with board: 5762-10933-00. If you do price and postage to France please.

If not does anybody know where I can find one, as been looking on the net now for over a week. They are like rocking horse ****.

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi Ballypinwiz,
Do you have one of the lower score displays (player 3 player 4) from that hs that works. part number with board: 5762-10933-00. If you do price and postage to France please.
If not does anybody know where I can find one, as been looking on the net now for over a week. They are like rocking horse ****.

May want to consider just replacing your old display with new. XPin at xpinpinball.com has LED the alpha numeric display for High Speed (XP-WMS10877).

Could be a better solution for the long term!

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi Koji
That wire goes to the green wire on the left target soldered to the 2 green/orange wires at the lug for the target. hope this pic helps

Thank you very much for the help! Connected it, and it seems to work fine. I had done that before, however I was getting a switch diagnostic error on POST. Now that it has cycled a couple of times the error is gone tho, so it's all good.

Thanks again, crazy how some quick wiring job 25 yrs ago can make things difficult for others down the road. (Actually found the service record for a green target)

Merci beaucoup!

#1993 6 years ago

putting out some feelers to see if anyone happens to have a roached out playfield that they would get rid of.

#1994 6 years ago

What does every one think of this power supply board http://www.pinballpcb.com/Sys7-11bPowerSupply.htm , as to the original board. Do I rebuild or use this new one. It also only supply's the display with 91v instead of the 100v so they live longer.

Any thoughts would be greatly received

Here's a pic

power supply board (resized).pngpower supply board (resized).png

#1995 6 years ago

I don’t have that particular board, but I have several other boards from that company and the quality is excellent. Unfortunately they are closing down.

My power board is made by XPin, works great.

#1996 6 years ago

Rebuild the original.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

It also only supply's the display with 91v instead of the 100v so they live longer.

Yeah, well. If your displays are already decaying, they might not even display anything at the lower voltage. So, keep that in mind. Otherwise, it is a fine thing to lower the voltage.

#1998 6 years ago

Helicopter plastic for shooter lane is available on eBay and at marco if anyone is looking for one .

#1999 6 years ago

I'm in...Sorry for the blury picture. Got a great deal on this game with new plastics and a clear Freeplay40 ramp. (Nice work by the way) Only issues so far is getting the game in boxes. And someone pulled the mylar off the playfield and it lifted some artwork. I'm adding a clear protector for now and waiting for the hardtop to be released. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy the game.

20180227_173620 (resized).jpg20180227_173620 (resized).jpg

20180321_152039 (resized).jpg20180321_152039 (resized).jpg

20180228_152752 (resized).jpg20180228_152752 (resized).jpg

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi Ballypinwiz,

Sorry, I don't have any displays. Basically all that is left from the parted out machine is the backglass (one bad spot that is flaking), the very worn populated playfield, the shooter rod, the lockdown bar and receiver, and the side rails.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 6,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/40?hl=sodacrack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.