(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 126.
#1901 6 years ago

Thanks grumpy I will try that. Playing with a weak flipper is pretty weak!

#1902 6 years ago

Officially in the club as of last night.

IMG_4523 (resized).JPGIMG_4523 (resized).JPG

#1903 6 years ago

Just listed a set of displays and control board in market place if anyone needs them. Everything worked except credit/ball in play display. Might have been bad ribbon cable but never checked it out. PM me if interested.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1904 6 years ago

Pictures are for Grumpy. No insert flashers in back box or right red playfield flashers working. Getting voltages at only two of the six flasher sockets.

#1905 6 years ago

#1906 6 years ago

Hey Grumpy, I started tracing wires back from backbox flashers. Look at the green wire smashed under that bolt head. That can't be a good thing. Looks like wire is for G.I. And not flashers though.

#1907 6 years ago

Are these std or led bulbs? If standard then make sure that all four bulbs are good. Manual calls for #63, but #89 will last a lot longer. If you check for voltage at the red wires on the socket both should have @30 volts dc, you can use any of the black wires at the resistors for ground. You should also show voltage on the brown wire on the socket if the bulb is good. And you should have voltage on the orange wire if the other bulb is good. Lastly if you touch a jumper from the single brown/red wire to the black wire on the resistor board all four bulbs should light. If only 2 bulbs light check the ohms of the resistor for the pair that doesn't light.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That can't be a good thing

#1909 6 years ago

They are standard bulbs. I replaced two of them and now have 30volts at each socket. All flasher lamps work in test mode. I did not realize that one bad bulb stops the flow. Thank!!!! Do I use the same troubleshooting steps for the right red playfield flashers?

#1910 6 years ago

Replaced both bulbs on right side playfield red and now they work in test mode. Boy do I feel dumb. The 63s burnt out as you stated. Learned a lot. Was going by manual but didn't realize 63 have shorter lifespan. Thanks as always for your time. I'll check to see if flasher come on in game mode and then fix that pinched wire.

#1911 6 years ago

If there are #63 bulbs, then they are in pairs as this type of bulb is only 7 volts. First find the power at the first bulb then second bulb then resistor lastly the cpu board transistor. Did the new flashers work now?

#1912 6 years ago

#63 bulbs are brighter then #89 bulbs but last half as long.

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If there are #63 bulbs, then they are in pairs as this type of bulb is only 7 volts. First find the power at the first bulb then second bulb then resistor lastly the cpu board transistor. Did the new flashers work now?

Yes to confirm all flashers are working. Happy camper and appreciate it. Thanks.

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yes to confirm all flashers are working. Happy camper and appreciate it. Thanks.

Playball!

#1915 6 years ago

In the club unexpectedly but happy picking up a High Speed today.Been in the same house 20+ yrs,100% original .Might be picking up a Getaway as well.
Question High Speed Club ?
I want to make my game ad nice as possible ? Can you buy a new playfield for High Speed?
I know the Getaway is being done soon by perfect Playfields in Germany

Thanks Ken White CA

#1916 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Can you buy a new playfield for High Speed?

There are very few out there. They come up for sale once in a while at high prices.
Good news is that the Hardtop guys are working on High Speed.
Planning on that myself since I love my Space Shuttle hardtop.

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

There are very few out there. They come up for sale once in a while at high prices.
Good news is that the Hardtop guys are working on High Speed.
Planning on that myself since I love my Space Shuttle hardtop.

Correction: looked back at that thread, and the Hardtop guys have not actually committed to High Speed.
But lots of requests, and I can't imagine that they won't make it.

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Correction: looked back at that thread, and the Hardtop guys have not actually committed to High Speed.
But lots of requests, and I can't imagine that they won't make it.

Last time I asked (a while ago) they said it was on the list, but not in the next 5 to be done. Hopefully it’s moving up and almost time. I’m dying to get my HS put back together with a hardtop. My play field has been stripped for a few months at this point.

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Hopefully it’s moving up

Classic Arcades makes a nice looking overlay.
I handled one at Pintastic. It seems well done but there is no way to know if the inserts will line up.

1 week later
#1920 6 years ago

Finally finished shopping/refurbishing this HS I bought a few months ago. It was filthy and several issues, but it turned out great! I love it!

20171229_194618 (resized).jpg20171229_194618 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1921 6 years ago

Hey guys, change for someone else to join the club, selling my high speed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58234

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Finally finished shopping/refurbishing this HS I bought a few months ago. It was filthy and several issues, but it turned out great! I love it!

So, the High Speed pictured above was put on location that day. I figured it would do alright, but it has really surpassed my expectations. It's kicking major ass! This pin has still got it!

#1923 6 years ago

So, the High Speed pictured above was put on location that day. I figured it would do alright, but it has really surpassed my expectations. It's kicking major ass! This pin has still got it!

When I bring a game home (new to me or just taking a break from the route) with a few things to work on it almost never fails to have something come up the first week or two after it goes back out. I've gone through the game, play tested as I repair and something always waits until it's out of the shop to rise to the surface.

Hopefully you don't have the same experience.

#1924 6 years ago

The biggest issue Ive had with it was not being able to drop more coin into it.
A bunch-a pin hogs all over it last time I visited ...
A classic, great job shopping it.

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

When I bring a game home (new to me or just taking a break from the route) with a few things to work on it almost never fails to have something come up the first week or two after it goes back out. I've gone through the game, play tested as I repair and something always waits until it's out of the shop to rise to the surface.
Hopefully you don't have the same experience.

I hear you. No problems with this one yet, which means I'm either lucky or getting better at shopping pins.

#1926 6 years ago

Does anyone have spare plastics? I missing the center ones and most of the perimeters are also cracked. Im ball-deep into the restoration any help is appreciated. Please message me!!!

#1927 6 years ago

I can’t decide if I want to wait out the Hardtop. I took everything off the topside and was going to go the overlay route when I discovered the Hardtop. Now I’m thinking I want to put everything back together and put the game on route so it can be played as the Hardtop is not coming as quick as I’d hoped.

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I can’t decide if I want to wait out the Hardtop. I took everything off the topside and was going to go the overlay route when I discovered the Hardtop. Now I’m thinking I want to put everything back together and put the game on route so it can be played as the Hardtop is not coming as quick as I’d hoped.

HS isn't horrible to tear down. If you need to throw it back together to earn money, go ahead. The hardtop would be way better than the vinyl overlay.

#1929 6 years ago

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Wish I was closer to your pin. Nearest public HS location to me is 3+ hours away.

#1930 6 years ago

Howdy. My question is about matching paint colors on the High Speed cabinet.

I will start out with the real sad part of this story. I have a completely empty HS cabinet (and head) which I bought from a guy who parted out a completely fine working HS because he couldn't get as much for it as he wanted when he tried to sell it. (I didn't know about it until after the thing had been vultured.)

I used to own a HS, many years ago, and have missed it ever since. My plan is to convert the HS cabinet into a working mini-bar, complete with fridge and flashing red light. I'm filling in the coin door and flipper and plunger holes with heavy duty frosted plexiglass inserts, which I'll light with LEDs.

I'm going to paint the inside once I get the cab cleaned out, and my plan is to use "High Speed" colors - red for the back and inside, yellow for the facing edge of the shelves, and black for the tops of the shelves (which will be cut to fit the fridge). I'll likely seal it with poly on the inside and clearcoat on the outside.

I can try to do a match, of course, with pictures - I don't really want to chip the cab for a sample to take to the hardware store - but I figured I'd ask here if anybody had exact color matches for the red and yellow in particular.

If anybody has color or pantone numbers from having already done touch-up, I'd appreciate the extra time saver. (I have done the Google on various keyword combinations and not come up with anything useful, alas.) If not, I'll do my best and report back here with results.

(Picture below: I'm putting the cabinet backside on the floor, 90 degrees, and am doing a separate project with the head, likely a lighted wall-mounted trophy cabinet.)

2018-01-20 14.00.59 (resized).jpg2018-01-20 14.00.59 (resized).jpg

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawlor_and_Order:

Howdy. My question is about matching paint colors on the High Speed cabinet.
I will start out with the real sad part of this story. I have a completely empty HS cabinet (and head) which I bought from a guy who parted out a completely fine working HS because he couldn't get as much for it as he wanted when he tried to sell it. (I didn't know about it until after the thing had been vultured.)
I used to own a HS, many years ago, and have missed it ever since. My plan is to convert the HS cabinet into a working mini-bar, complete with fridge and flashing red light. I'm filling in the coin door and flipper and plunger holes with heavy duty frosted plexiglass inserts, which I'll light with LEDs.
I'm going to paint the inside once I get the cab cleaned out, and my plan is to use "High Speed" colors - red for the back and inside, yellow for the facing edge of the shelves, and black for the tops of the shelves (which will be cut to fit the fridge). I'll likely seal it with poly on the inside and clearcoat on the outside.
I can try to do a match, of course, with pictures - I don't really want to chip the cab for a sample to take to the hardware store - but I figured I'd ask here if anybody had exact color matches for the red and yellow in particular.
If anybody has color or pantone numbers from having already done touch-up, I'd appreciate the extra time saver. (I have done the Google on various keyword combinations and not come up with anything useful, alas.) If not, I'll do my best and report back here with results.
(Picture below: I'm putting the cabinet backside on the floor, 90 degrees, and am doing a separate project with the head, likely a lighted wall-mounted trophy cabinet.)

did you get it from sunshine92897 on ebay in New City? I bought the playfield....

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

HS isn't horrible to tear down. If you need to throw it back together to earn money, go ahead. The hardtop would be way better than the vinyl overlay.

I'm holding onto my spare tore-up PF hoping the hardtop becomes reality....

#1933 6 years ago

Red and yellow, I'm sure you can figure out the black and white.

IMG_20150204_191217 (resized).jpgIMG_20150204_191217 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150204_191233 (resized).jpgIMG_20150204_191233 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150204_191201 (resized).jpgIMG_20150204_191201 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150204_191138 (resized).jpgIMG_20150204_191138 (resized).jpg

#1934 6 years ago

Results

478f12c7b8596c0bfcddf63366694e3721eed0c4 (resized).jpg478f12c7b8596c0bfcddf63366694e3721eed0c4 (resized).jpg

#1935 6 years ago

On the hunt for High Speed tournament ROM, anyone have a source?

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

On the hunt for High Speed tournament ROM, anyone have a source?

Never heard of it. Who made it?

#1937 6 years ago

Eliminates jackpot carryover apparently. Cheers to Rotordave for hooking me up though. Within hours too. Custom rom from one of his contacts, I figured the guy running a system 11 comp would know

#1938 6 years ago

Sign me up! I have had my High Speed for maybe 6 months now, but just started to shop it out a few days ago. Found my original ramp had a couple of cracks in it, so after weighing a few options, I ordered up a Freeplay40 ramp. Sent my parts off today for him to rivet on a new ramp. I am looking for 2 plastics, which I imagine were broke on everyones game.

Post #194 in this thread shows the plastics I am looking for. Thanks https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-your-plastics/page/4#post-4215863

#1939 6 years ago

Sadly, I'm leaving the group after selling my HS to a local pinhead that really, really wanted one. I didn't really want to let it go but I've had it for over 20 years and need some space for something new. It really is a great game and once you get the freeway loops going it just flows like crazy. The only consolation (other than now having room for another game) is that it went to a great guy who was really excited to get it and share it with his family. "Dispatch, he got away."

BTW - I also have the code for the Tournament ROM so if anyone needs it feel free to hit me up.

20180126_153339 (resized).jpg20180126_153339 (resized).jpg

#1940 6 years ago

Hello all, long time follower, first time poster. Recently joined HS club with my purchase a week ago. My question is this, I feel like when I first brought it home and played it there was a kicker that would keep the ball from coming home at times. It is no longer doing this. Was this just a fluke with the speed of the ball popping it back up or do I have a solenoid not working? Thanks for any insight.

#1941 6 years ago

There is a kicker in the left outlane.

#1942 6 years ago

New to the pin scene and HS is my second machine so here goes my next question. The top right flipper is weak and will not get the ball up the ramp. On a suggestion from a local shop I replaced the sleeve. It helped a little but still will not get up the ramp. Is it time for a new solenoid?

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Is it time for a new solenoid?

No, either clean and adjust the EOS switch or replace it with new one. Also clean the flipper cabinet switches. PS you clean these type of contacts (tungsten) with a metal file.

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No, either clean and adjust the EOS switch or replace it with new one. Also clean the flipper cabinet switches. PS you clean these type of contacts (tungsten) with a metal file.

Ok, I'm guessing the Eos switch is the leaf switch? It can cause that big of a problem?

#1945 6 years ago

When you energize the flipper 100% of the power needs to go thru these contacts to give the coil its high power, as they burn and corrode from arcing the coil power goes down until a point that the flipper doesn't even move any more.

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

When you energize the flipper 100% of the power needs to go thru these contacts to give the coil its high power, as they burn and corrode from arcing the coil power goes down until a point that the flipper doesn't even move any more.

Ok, i cleaned it with no real change. Do i just replace that flippers switch or is there possibly something going on with the main flippers switch too?

#1947 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Ok, i cleaned it with no real change. Do i just replace that flippers switch or is there possibly something going on with the main flippers switch too?

Post a pic of the EOS and cabinet switch.

#1948 6 years ago

Found a playfield almost ready to start restoration, Looking for main ramp in clear ? Anyone have one for sale Thanks

20180214_134019 (resized).jpg20180214_134019 (resized).jpg

#1950 6 years ago

For those of you who own both HS and Taxi, how do you rank them? Why?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.50
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/39?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.