(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 126.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Hi all. I am putting my High Speed back together and found I don't have a single good pic of how the Hideout switches are wired topside on the playfield. The left side has a green wire and three white wires (one white has a different stripe), and the right side is two green wires and one white wire. The switches also have what looks like a grounding wire lug. Do some of the wires get attached to that?
If anyone can take a plastic off and send pics of both sides, that would be great! Thank you in advance.

I don't know if this one shows enough detail to help you or not but it's the best I have from when I shopped mine. Basically the lug is there so you solder the wires that go to the diode to it and screw it down as there's not enough clearance to the diode to be strapped across the back of the switch like normal. A quick look at the manual should show you which color wires go where.

LT Hideout Tdown (resized).jpgLT Hideout Tdown (resized).jpg

#1852 6 years ago

Another shot...Whites go to the screw that has a jumper to the back lug of the switch. Greens go to the center lug.

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another shot...Whites go to the screw that has a jumper to the back lug of the switch. Greens go to the center lug.

Fastastic. Thank you! I thought they just went to the center, but there was solder on the other lug too so I wasn't sure.

bobukcat Thank you as well!

#1854 6 years ago

Thanks for the help yesterday. I got my game up and running for the first time in a while today! It's acting a little funny... but the hard part is over. I'm hoping re-seating the connectors will help.

It's playing fast! One thing I immediately noticed is the ball is flying over the ramp switches on the new Freeplay ramp. I haven't put the glass on yet, but it might airball into it. Has anyone had to put the clear shield back on? Freeplay40 - the ramp looks great, btw!

This guy was torn down topside, mylar removed, a half-assed touch-up job and clear coated. Not anywhere close to a perfect job, but it's still pretty. I see a lot of amazing restorations on Pinside, but this one was just about fixing the nasty and making it play. Will post some before and after photos later. I rebuilt the flippers, gave two of the pops new switches because they were cracked, put new metal yokes on the pops because they were all broken, also new skirts, put on a new eject shield on the escape hole, the freeplay ramp... cleaned all the coils... that's about it. Also got new displays but haven't put them in yet.

Next is making a new piece in the back and adding some artwork. I might add a lamp under the Escape hole that will light when the "Escape" arrow lights. Maybe add lamps under the Freeway rollovers too. There are some color LEDs in there, but I'm going back to only white as soon as they show up.

Very happy I can play this again. Looking forward to maxing out the bonus and listening to the spinner roll up.

-2 (resized).jpg-2 (resized).jpg

#1855 6 years ago

did anyone ever print the Ramp Road decal?? I'd really like to have a few

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

did anyone ever print the Ramp Road decal?? I'd really like to have a few

I'd like one as well... I've tried to contact the original creator(Drano) as well as the place(pinball_customs) which was going to make them several times and nothing...just radio silence.

And since they never responded on the Stop Light cover either, Orange_Julius made one for me. Here's the file for those interested

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/9PLOGjjeAeL
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2555371

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Thanks for the help yesterday. I got my game up and running for the first time in a while today! It's acting a little funny... but the hard part is over. I'm hoping re-seating the connectors will help.
It's playing fast! One thing I immediately noticed is the ball is flying over the ramp switches on the new Freeplay ramp. I haven't put the glass on yet, but it might airball into it. Has anyone had to put the clear shield back on? freeplay40 - the ramp looks great, btw!
This guy was torn down topside, mylar removed, a half-assed touch-up job and clear coated. Not anywhere close to a perfect job, but it's still pretty. I see a lot of amazing restorations on Pinside, but this one was just about fixing the nasty and making it play. Will post some before and after photos later. I rebuilt the flippers, gave two of the pops new switches because they were cracked, put new metal yokes on the pops because they were all broken, also new skirts, put on a new eject shield on the escape hole, the freeplay ramp... cleaned all the coils... that's about it. Also got new displays but haven't put them in yet.
Next is making a new piece in the back and adding some artwork. I might add a lamp under the Escape hole that will light when the "Escape" arrow lights. Maybe add lamps under the Freeway rollovers too. There are some color LEDs in there, but I'm going back to only white as soon as they show up.
Very happy I can play this again. Looking forward to maxing out the bonus and listening to the spinner roll up.

No I did not. Which plunger spring at you using?

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Use the red one.

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'd like one as well... I've tried to contact the original creator(Drano) as well as the place(pinball_customs) which was going to make them several times and nothing...just radio silence.
And since they never responded on the Stop Light cover either, orange_julius made one for me. Here's the file for those interested
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/9PLOGjjeAeL
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2555371

I have a better version FYI. Both horizontal and vertical options.

SL Mod (resized).jpgSL Mod (resized).jpg

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have a better version FYI. Both horizontal and vertical options.

How do we get those again?

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How do we get those again?

Message me and I will email you the .STL file. You have to go to a 3rd party 3D printing house and have it made.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

It's the red one, but even a half plunge would make the ramp. I never leveled it so it might be a little shallow. Just had enough time to flip a little bit and then the next day I had to leave town unexpectedly. Will get back to it next week.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

It's the red one, but even a half plunge would make the ramp. I never leveled it so it might be a little shallow. Just had enough time to flip a little bit and then the next day I had to leave town unexpectedly. Will get back to it next week.

You probably need to check the level. Mine pulled back all the way goes all the way around. At 85% gets to the chute on the right.

#1864 6 years ago

hi,

i am searching for the decal grafics to renew my Highspeed cabinet. someone has this grafics for me ?

thx Mike

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

hi,
i am searching for the decal grafics to renew my Highspeed cabinet. someone has this grafics for me ?
thx Mike

You can get cabinet decals here:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/high-speed-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#1866 6 years ago

I just picked up a High Speed tonight. All the sounds are working but no music, any ideas? I think it's turned on in the menu

#1867 6 years ago

thank you,
but i am from austria and the transport costs are to high

#1868 6 years ago

i read about the reproduced clear ramps in this forum. are they still available ?

#1869 6 years ago

Yes, I still produce them. Ramps comes pre-drilled with new flap installed. Will require the removal of hardware from the old ramp to attach to the new ramp. This requires riveting. I offer assembly services which requires purchaser to send me the needed hardware which I install on the new ramp. If you are set up for riveting great....but not sure you want to send me your parts from Austria.

1 week later
#1870 6 years ago

Hello,
Finally got my High Speed up and running, had the power supply rebuilt. Everything is working correctly except for the pre-launch engine revving sounds with the right flipper activation. I have checked the end of stroke switches/flipper switches and no change. The game will activate the sounds but the right flipper does not. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#1871 6 years ago

The upper switch is the EOS switch, the bottom is the lane change switch. The sounds are triggered from the lane change switch even tho its labeled EOS in the manual. You need to see that its open when the flipper is down and closed when the flipper is up. Also clean the contacts with a crisp 100 dollar bill and test the diode with a DMM. Let me know if this doesn't help.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1872 6 years ago

There is a High Speed for $700 about a three hour drive away. Machines does not play, but lights up - typical story.

When the seller sent me a playfield pic, I noticed the traffic light assembly was MISSING from the playfield. I see now they are rarer than hen's teeth, with not one available for sale anywhere in the world, as far as I can tell.

I saw the 3-D file for the traffic light housing, but what about the colored lenses, the bulb mounts, connector, etc? Would I be SOL on trying to put this game right?

MPU board looks corrosion-free in pics. Playfield has only minor wear in a couple of areas. Is this machine worth pursuing? Is $700 too much when they can be bought playing for as low as $1250 (recent Ebay sale).

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

There is a High Speed for $700 about a three hour drive away. Machines does not play, but lights up - typical story.
When the seller sent me a playfield pic, I noticed the traffic light assembly was MISSING from the playfield. I see now they are rarer than hen's teeth, with not one available for sale anywhere in the world, as far as I can tell.
I saw the 3-D file for the traffic light housing, but what about the colored lenses, the bulb mounts, connector, etc? Would I be SOL on trying to put this game right?
MPU board looks corrosion-free in pics. Playfield has only minor wear in a couple of areas. Is this machine worth pursuing? Is $700 too much when they can be bought playing for as low as $1250 (recent Ebay sale).

I will not speak on behalf of the price but I can comment on the stop light stuff. Like you said I have the file for the housing free of charge, the three color lenses are available on typical pinball sites, they are 5/8" diameter faceted I believe. I have not seen the mounting base/sockets before so that might be hard find but if you are electrically inclined it should be easy to make the assembly. It's just 3 sockets with diodes and the switch matrix diagram will tell you the correct wiring. Molex connector is easy to obtain (freeplay 40 has a light extension harness that you can buy and hack). Then take the 3 bulbs and mount in on a small plate (i can make a 3D file of a mounting plate for your if you need down the road).

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I will not speak on behalf of the price but I can comment on the stop light stuff. Like you said I have the file for the housing free of charge, the three color lenses are available on typical pinball sites, they are 5/8" diameter faceted I believe. I have not seen the mounting base/sockets before so that might be hard find but if you are electrically inclined it should be easy to make the assembly. It's just 3 sockets with diodes and the switch matrix diagram will tell you the correct wiring. Molex connector is easy to obtain (freeplay 40 has a light extension harness that you can buy and hack). Then take the 3 bulbs and mount in on a small plate (i can make a 3D file of a mounting plate for your if you need down the road).

Thank you for this most helpful plate of information!

I didn't see the lenses being sold anywhere. Do you have a link?

Your concept of a 3D file for the mounting plate is excellent! I would use it for sure.

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

Thank you for this most helpful plate of information!
I didn't see the lenses being sold anywhere. Do you have a link?
Your concept of a 3D file for the mounting plate is excellent! I would use it for sure.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=390&pg=1

Also, i confirmed that they are 5/8" diameter.

#1876 6 years ago

Aha, the colored light inserts are actually playfield inserts, not custom parts. Very good to know.

Who or where is this "freeplay 40" of which you speak? Google results did not lead to anything productive.

#1877 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/freeplay40

Quoted from PinPilot:Who or where is this "freeplay 40" of which you speak?

#1878 6 years ago

Joining the club as of next week. will have two high speeds. they will need some work but looming forward to joining the club.

#1879 6 years ago

I'm joining the club soon! A woman from our HR department came up to me and said she has a game for me if I'm willing to get it out of her house. Turns out it is a High Speed. I know in needs some work but I'm not sure to what extent. I'm excited to read up on this thread and learn more about the game.

#1880 6 years ago

These are no longer on the site for some reason. Should have jumped on them when I had the chance . Maybe planetary pinball complained about using Williams artwork? (There are no Williams games cabinet decals listed)

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

These are no longer on the site for some reason. Should have jumped on them when I had the chance . Maybe planetary pinball complained about using Williams artwork? (There are no Williams games cabinet decals listed)

It’s stenciled painted art, look for the stencils to repaint the cabinet

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1539

#1882 6 years ago

Any leads on replacement beacon/toppers? I know several years ago there were some threads discussing some options. Most of the part suppliers online appear to be out. I'm okay with using something besides a beacon if needed.

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Any leads on replacement beacon/toppers? I know several years ago there were some threads discussing some options. Most of the part suppliers online appear to be out. I'm okay with using something besides a beacon if needed.

The mech/motor or the actual red dome?

#1884 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

It was quite a few years ago when I got my first High Speed. It did not have the light or the mechanism. According to the manual it was a 26 VAC set up which I could not find anywhere. All I could find on line were 24 VDC lights... So I bought a 24 VDC rotating beacon, secured it inside the machine, removed it's red cover and placed a stock Williams cover on the cabinet. Then I simply used a bridge rectifier (like the ones on the power boards) to convert the AC voltage to DC voltage. Has worked perfectly for at least 6 or 7 years.

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

The mech/motor or the actual red dome?

I saw the dome is back in stock on Marco's site. But I still would need to track down a mech/motor.

I'm also wondering if I could get away with using something like this. ebay.com link: 2Pcs New 22 LED Emergency Strobe Warning Flashing Grill Light Red Blue

It wouldn't be nearly as cool as the beacon, but it would be incredibly cheaper if it would work. Not sure how to test it out though.

#1886 6 years ago

Check ebay. There was someone selling new replacement motors. Search Williams high speed pinball.

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Check ebay. There was someone selling new replacement motors. Search Williams high speed pinball.

I saw the motor on ebay, it is still there. But wouldn't you still need the light assembly and the rotating device?

1 week later
#1890 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion on the topper!

One more random question, does anybody know the approximate height of the game when assembled. I have low ceilings where I'm thinking of putting the game and was seeing if I could figure out if it fits before bringing it into that room. Thanks for the help!

#1891 6 years ago

I just measured mine, and with the police light topper, it's around 6'8" tall give or take an inch.

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from FMonk:

I just measured mine, and with the police light topper, it's around 6'8" tall give or take an inch.

Much appreciated!

#1893 6 years ago

guys,

i have a brand new cpr topper that goes over the beacon for high speed with protective film on each side, was never installed, sold the machine before i had the time.

$50 usd including shipping (keep in mind it's ship from canada).

if someone wants to have it just shoot me a pm.

thanks, bob.

hscopyrightfullgamex450 (resized).jpghscopyrightfullgamex450 (resized).jpg

#1894 6 years ago

Sent you a message

#1896 6 years ago

Hi there if anyone can help me out on my left flipper it keeps going weak on me. I replaced the coil and also replace the EOS switches. It worked fine for a few games and then it went weak again any suggestions on what might be the problem?

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballer64:

Hi there if anyone can help me out on my left flipper it keeps going weak on me. I replaced the coil and also replace the EOS switches. It worked fine for a few games and then it went weak again any suggestions on what might be the problem?

The EOS switch to be adjusted to have more closing pressure when in the down position.

#1898 6 years ago

Quick question hopefully...

Just working on getting my new HS working and having sound issues. Only have the music working. no voice or sound effects.

my question is what sound is contained on the chips on the mpu and which ones are on the sound board itself?

thanks

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

my question is what sound is contained on the chips on the mpu and which ones are on the sound board itself?

The talking comes from the CPU board and the background music comes from the sound board. But both sounds and music are mixed on the CPU board and then amplified on the CPU board.

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

guys,
i have a brand new cpr topper that goes over the beacon for high speed with protective film on each side, was never installed, sold the machine before i had the time.
$50 usd including shipping (keep in mind it's ship from canada).
if someone wants to have it just shoot me a pm.
thanks, bob.

*** Sold ***

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/38?hl=pinballer64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.