(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 126.
#1501 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

GI lights powered by the purple - white/purple wires

This should be the right side of the p/f. Correct?

Quoted from eh97ac:removed 20 or so bulbs and had 18 up and running...put in 19 and bye bye lights

I count only 17 on my HS right side p/f. That should only draw 4.25 amps max on a 5 amp slow blow fuse.

#1502 8 years ago

Correct and I have 18.

AC Amps is 0.1 with no bulbs. Ran out of time for more testing, will try tmo.

#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Correct and I have 18.

See if there is a light under the star rollover or the freeway kickout hole. Those are frequently added.

#1504 8 years ago

Hi All:

Maybe you can help me with this issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-with-high-speed-issues-long

Wife is not impressed that I cannot get her beloved High Speed working!

Thanks for any assistance, or sympathy! Take care, Bill

#1505 8 years ago

Hi all! Just joined the club a few days ago and am now in the process of fixing mine up.

Wondering if anyone has any plastics lying around that they wouldn't mind selling me? Specifically I'm looking for the big piece to the right of the left freeway (with the 55 mph sign) and the smaller piece that covers the top of the center 3 targets.

Definitely willing to pay a fair price just can't justify buying a full set when I only need 2 pieces.

Thanks!

#1506 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Correct and I have 18.

Ends up it was a bad socket, same socket that I mentioned before.

#1507 8 years ago

I've left this club as of last night.

Sold my HS...but gotta hang onto my Getaway.

#1508 8 years ago

Hey guys. So I'm having trouble with my machine I recently got. I got it playing with a few minor issues for a couple weeks. It seemed the out hole switch would stop working intermittently. Then the power went out completely. I replaced a fuse in the power supply and it powers on fine again. Problem now is it will only start a game now and then. When it does it won't eject the ball. Switch test seems fine on all of them. Checked them with a ball to simulate game play. The coil test isn't working how it did before. Some fire off but others don't. It doesn't flash that any are bad or anything after the test though just like the switches. I went through with my fluke multimeter and did resistance tests in all the coils, they all had at least 3 ohms which I think indicates they are good. This machine is all original and probably hasn't been maintenced in fifteen or more years. I'm at a loss to diagnose the problem or problems. I've traced continuity through a lot and tested all the fuses. My troubleshooting has led me to much frustration. I made the rookie mistake of buying my first machine as a project and really am regretting it. Any help or ideas what be really appreciated. On the upside I'm getting a lights camera action that works perfectly next week so at least I'll have a working pin while I try to get high speed fixed. Please help me figure out what I can do. I've gone through guides for system 11 to no avail. When I turn it on it doesn't show anything on the display that would indicate a problem. Super frustrated after spending hours (again) trying to troubleshoot it.

#1509 8 years ago
Quoted from SkillShotZ23:

Some fire off but others don't.

Make a list of all coils that don't work.

Quoted from SkillShotZ23:did resistance tests in all the coils

Did you check for voltage?

#1510 8 years ago

I was trying to fix a high speed where the #1 thru #4 flashers won't come on.
That's the left and right blue inserts just above the center circle on the playfield, and the red flashers on the left and right side plastics. The strange thing is I figured it was a bad plug or something because they are all on the one plug from the header to the playfield, but I tested the continuity from the playfield to the cpu and it's good. There must be something obvious I'm missing. Any ideas?

#1511 8 years ago

I have a pair of new Getaway sling plastics for sale. PM me.

1 week later
#1512 8 years ago

Hey guys. Looking to help a friend get his HS flippers' EOS switches replaced. Here is what I am going to use for the upper flipper and lower left flipper:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=262

What I need help with is the right flipper. I know this one is a stacked switch, but can I just replace the EOS portion of it with one of the above EOS switches and leave the rest of the switch stack alone?

#1513 8 years ago

All three EOS switches are the same.

Quoted from chuckwurt:but can I just replace the EOS

Yes you can. Also clean the lane change contacts with a new dollar bill while your in there.

#1514 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

All three EOS switches are the same.

Yes you can. Also clean the lane change contacts with a new dollar bill while your in there.

Awesome. Thanks brother!!

#1515 8 years ago
Quoted from PinsRfun:

My first pin purchase and it will never leave.

+1

#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What I need help with is the right flipper. I know this one is a stacked switch

There better be a stacked switch on the left one also. Great players like me need to put there name up for high scores.

#1517 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

There better be a stacked switch on the left one also. Great players like me need to put there name up for high scores.

I'm sure there is haha. Just figured there would be one on the right too because of the upper flipper. I always wondered why my fire! Had the stacks on each flipper. Now I know!

1 week later
#1518 8 years ago

I'm in the club! I got a restored High Speed at the Ohio Show this past weekend. I'll read through this thread from the beginning as soon as I have time!

1 week later
#1519 8 years ago

Anyone out there installed a shaker motor?
I really like it on my Checkpoint and was thinking it could be a nice first mod.

#1520 8 years ago

Just recieved my flasher mods from arkissun they look great!

#1521 8 years ago

Just joined the club! Wanted this one for a bit... Love the flow! Hopefully, someone will make new playfields again someday... Mines not trashed, but would love to make it look new again!

2 weeks later
#1523 7 years ago

Does anyone have a list of all the inserts (sizes/colors) for the HS playfield? I need to replace them, or have somebody do a playfield restore, and can only find one supplier who sells by sizes, shapes, and colors.

#1524 7 years ago

Just joined the club today! Excited to have a system 11 game!

Mine works besides the displays. It has been narrowed down to a bad displayed driver. I can't get the machine to go into attract mode and take credits. I was able to do it by randomly pressing sequences of the adjustment buttons and then it worked and took credits and played games. I have seen some posts about this issue so I will try to hunt those down and see the solutions.

I'm missing the revolving light as well.

#1525 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I'm missing the revolving light as well.

Mine did not have the beacon as well when I got it. The factory beacon was a 26 vac unit. I could not find one so I bought a 24 vdc unit off the internet and installed and purchased a factory red dome. Simply put a bridge rectifier in line with the two 26 vac line to convert to DC. Has worked great for 9 years.

#1526 7 years ago

I found the solution to my attract mode problem; for the purpose of documenting issues/solutions. Turns out the battery holder must have not made good contact. I did the remote battery mod today and on first startup it did not go into attract. I fiddled with the adjustment buttons again and rebooted the game. It now turns on in attract mode. My thinking is the memory kept getting corrupted since it did not backup and since I don't have displays, It was probably in that adjust memory state. Rebooting the system corrected the memory errors and now it's saved by property hooked up batteries.

#1527 7 years ago

Hi folks, I've posted on the marketplace, but thought I'd check with fellow owners here. Anyone know of a source for the traffic light housing? (B-10999)

Marco and the other usual suspects are all sold out, and I presume that was NOS. Mine, like many others' it seems, is melted. I'd love to pick up a replacement! Any sources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

detail_(resized).JPGdetail_(resized).JPG

#1528 7 years ago

I had to order over seas last time. Here is a site in Australia that has some in stock: http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/traffic-light-sub-assy/

#1529 7 years ago

Could someone shed some light on the differences in rom level upgrades? I have L-2 in my game now. What's the advantage of buying the L-4 roms?

#1530 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Could someone shed some light on the differences in rom level upgrades? I have L-2 in my game now. What's the advantage of buying the L-4 roms?

How do you know the difference? What are the markings?

#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

How do you know the difference? What are the markings?

Sticker on the rom chip.

2 weeks later
#1532 7 years ago

Caught this today because I recorded the original teenage mutant ninja turtles last night.

It's impossible to watch the first two ninja turtles and be in a bad mood.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1533 7 years ago

Sweet. Love it

#1534 7 years ago

* Sale Pending *

Just listed my siren motor and light cover in the Market for anyone who needs one. Excellent working condition. I also have the brand new, reproduction topper that goes over the top. Send me a message if you want it.

HS1_(resized).jpgHS1_(resized).jpg

#1535 7 years ago

Hi HS fans.
My 5" rubber broke (the one that runs right at the top of playfield) and needs replacing . It looks tricky to get at , any tips how to do it with the least amount of fuss? Do I need to remove anything?
Thanks for your help.

Medioil

#1536 7 years ago
Quoted from medioil:

Hi HS fans.
My 5" rubber broke (the one that runs right at the top of playfield) and needs replacing . It looks tricky to get at , any tips how to do it with the least amount of fuss? Do I need to remove anything?
Thanks for your help.
Medioil

You need to be able to wrap it around the back. I did mine with the playfield removed from the machine. Since it was already all apart to be rebuilt, it wasn't that bad. If I remember correctly, you need to unscrew / remove the ramp. So to answer your question, yes you have to remove stuff and it's a pain in the ass to do with the playfield in the cabinet.

Sorry I couldn't give you any good news.

#1537 7 years ago

Just to further clarify, there should be two rubbers installed. Removing the ramp, or removing enough to get it out of the way is best. You will see the diverter mechanism has a plate on the back side. The rubbers go around the back plate of the diverter....they would end up between the diverter plate and the back wood panel.

#1538 7 years ago

Thanks for the fast responses . Ill have a go this weekend ! - as I get edgy when I can't play , I miss that siren !

#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from medioil:

Hi HS fans.
Thanks for your help.
Medioil

Can you post pics?

#1540 7 years ago

Has anybody bought and installed the padded trafic lights for HS being sold on eBay? How are they? Can I get a realistic pic of them on your PF so I can see how bright they really are?

#1541 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Has anybody bought and installed the padded trafic lights for HS being sold on eBay? How are they? Can I get a realistic pic of them on your PF so I can see how bright they really are?

Got a link?

#1543 7 years ago

The eBay pics make them look quite good. Would be interested in seeing them installed too.

#1544 7 years ago

I'm gona order them tomorrow I'll let you know. The ball does have a tendency to bounce pretty hard off the front and left target banks.

#1545 7 years ago

Does anyone have a stright awncer on what bugs the L4 rom chips fix?

#1546 7 years ago

Well the decals came in today from eBay. They are well coushined. They are not as bright as I had hoped but still an improvement over original targets. The ball does still have a tendency to "jump" but not quite as much. Overall a good product at a decent price. He threw in an extra light for each (ryg) *use a razor blade as recomended* I wasted one of my green decals by trying by hand.

4 weeks later
#1547 7 years ago

just picked up a high speed today fellas! boy is it filthy! after i get it shopped ill show it off.

#1549 7 years ago

Hey guys wondering if I can get a hand here? I just did a flipper rebuild on my HS! By the time I got to the last flipper I had a pretty healthy buzz. Pretty sure I hooked her up wrong. Can anyone verify if this is correct? It reads fine in test mode and plays fine but coil is burning hot after half a game. My other coils are reading at close to 4 while the suspect coil is reading 86 lol. What wire did I fuck up?

#1550 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Hey guys wondering if I can get a hand here? I just did a flipper rebuild on my HS! By the time I got to the last flipper I had a pretty healthy buzz. Pretty sure I hooked her up wrong. Can anyone verify if this is correct? It reads fine in test mode and plays fine but coil is burning hot after half a game. My other coils are reading at close to 4 while the suspect coil is reading 86 lol. What wire did I fuck up?

It looks like your lug on the left is missing the wire to the eos. Do you have a loose wire somewhere?

Since it's getting hot, it makes me think your eos is not engaging and only the main coil is holding the flipper open. I'm surprised it haven't blown a fuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/31?hl=medioil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.