(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 126.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Sorry. HS only. This club is pretty exclusive you know.

Since you're not the OP, I'm just going to ignore you...

Robert

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Does anyone know where a replacement Sys11 MPU can be found?
thanks,

Various places...GOOGLE.

But they are ~$300 - 350 new.

Robert

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Various places...GOOGLE.
But they are ~$300 - 350 new.
Robert

Allow me to rephrase.

I'm wondering if there is a specific aftermarket System 11 board (HS/RK/GL). Word on the street is none exist.

-mof

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Next question: Has anyone tried to isolate the sound ROMs on HS? I would like to know if it's possible to play the game sound effects, and turn off the soundtracks. I got this to happen (by accident) on my Grand Lizard. Some machines allow for this, and some don't.
-mof

The easiest way would be to play the sounds in PinMAME or whatever is equivalent these days.

If you want to just do it in the game, pull the U4 ROM chip off the background sound board and put it in a safe place. The remaining sounds should be the sound bites that you wanted.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Allow me to rephrase.
I'm wondering if there is a specific aftermarket System 11 board (HS/Comet/GL). Word on the street is none exist.
-mof

Correct, no aftermarket sys 11 mpus are available.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from ufopinball:

The easiest way would be to play the sounds in PinMAME or whatever is equivalent these days.
If you want to just do it in the game, pull the U4 ROM chip off the background sound board and put it in a safe place. The remaining sounds should be the sound bites that you wanted.

Do you think if I try this with my GL and get the result I want, that it would do the exact same thing in a HS ?
-mof

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do you think if I try this with my GL and get the result I want, that it would do the exact same thing in a HS ?

Never dug inside a GL, but I know it works on HS because I've done it before. HS's sound board is unique, but I don't see why GL would be substantially different. I think this trick works up through System 11B, though the later you get, the more sound bites might live on the sound board itself. You're basically getting any sounds generated by the MPU board, amplified by the sound board, but without background music/sounds mixed in.

Bill

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Correct, no aftermarket sys 11 mpus are available.

Rottendog sells an aftermarket CPU for System 11 games.

Robert

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

You can't post (even if it is helpful). You are not in the club.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Not for Sys 11, but Sys 11a, 11b, and 11c only.

http://rottendog.us/mpu011a.htm

http://rottendog.us/mpu011c.htm

No replacement MPU for Sys 11 games (HS, Road Kings, Grand Lizard) have been built

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

No replacement MPU for Sys 11 games (HS, Road Kings, Grand Lizard) have been built

OK...I finally got it.

Best plan then is to modify a system 9 mpu into a base 11 or buy a new or rebuilt one.

Robert

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

OK...I finally got it.
Best plan then is to modify a system 9 mpu into a base 11 or buy a new or rebuilt one.
Robert

Hopefully these guys will finish their work.
http://www.pinballpcb.com/System9-11cMainBoard.html

Their other boards are awesome, I bought their Sys11 PS and love the pento knob for checking voltages by hand. Full documentation is included
http://www.pinballpcb.com/Sys7-11bPowerSupply.htm

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

How about talking to Coin-Op Cauldron about repairs?

http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/Index.html

#114 10 years ago

I've been sitting at home all day waiting for my PF to arrive.

#115 10 years ago

It came!!!

IMG_20140122_174234[1].jpgIMG_20140122_174234[1].jpg
#116 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It came!!!

IMG_20140122_174234[1].jpg 239 KB

Hell yes. I almost lost my $hit when the Centaur PF arrived... they do great work.
-mof

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It came!!!

IMG_20140122_174234[1].jpg 239 KB

Is that a SCRATCH?!! (joke)

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Their's is sys 11A or B not for High Speed because HS , Road Kings and one other games I can't think of, have the sound roms on the MPU and a separate board for back ground sounds. I read other forums where guys tried to modify the 11A to run HS I think, not sure if it ever worked.

#119 10 years ago

Hey, I noticed MrSanRamon started his own HS2 club thread. Good for you Senior Ramon!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Hey, I noticed MrSanRamon started his own HS2 club thread. Good for your Senior Ramon!

The man's a stud I tell ya!
-mof

#121 10 years ago

I've had mine for four months and never waxed it before. It was like a whole new game - it felt twice as fast!

Last week, I watched a really good player explain how he plays (while he played MM). Since then I've really been focusing on just improving my skills. Then last night I watched a papa.tv video on Tron, and suddenly I feel like a different player.

Figured out a more reliable way to hit the jackpot (and stop blaming my cracked ramp). Been racking up multiple extra balls for the first time. I've recommitted to cradling during multiball - finally discovered what happens if you light all the lights after hitting the jackpot!

tldr; gotta love High Speed!

#122 10 years ago

Hs mods...20140125_174848.jpg20140125_174848.jpg20140125_174852.jpg20140125_174852.jpg

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Hs mods...
20140125_174852.jpg 173 KB

At first I was very confused, and then...genius.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've had mine for four months and never waxed it before. It was like a whole new game - it felt twice as fast!

Agreed! It's like a whole new game! I let mine go for too long without a good waxing and have been having soooo much fun with it since. The orbit becomes truly an orbit - not just a lobbing shot into the pops. Wax the habitrails and balls too - the speed of the returns becomes a whole additional challenge!

#126 10 years ago

Kinda, I got it from a autoparts store. It's spring loaded. I think it was for a snowmobile. Took some tweaking to get out not to have more than one credit start at a time.

#127 10 years ago

Just wait till you get your playfield that is clear coated. The ball moves so fast you get eye strain from trying to follow the ball. I have noticed that if I hit the freeway loop several times in a row that the metal ball guides start to glow red. I could be imagining that, but maybe...

#128 10 years ago

I like the yellow stop light,looks cool did you just paint the old stop light yellow or is someone making them after market?
I could sure use one,mines melted ..

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I like the yellow stop light,looks cool did you just paint the old stop light yellow or is someone making them after market?

Bay Area usually has em in stock, about 25 bucks

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

i just painted it yellow.

#131 10 years ago

You can see my mod too:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-mod-cotinue
http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/arakissun/?action=view&current=Picture018-1.mp4

Set price:
2pc for the radar detector+1pc for the gate where is located the Extra Ball hole+instructions
Also I will add some additional LEDs,nuts,resisitors and bases for free.Everything will be packed very well
Total-45$

If someone want it please to send me a PM

#132 10 years ago

Pf arrived today. Tier 2.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-33.jpgimage-33.jpgimage-548.jpgimage-548.jpg

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Pf arrived today. Tier 2.

Looks tasty! Have fun with the swap.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looks tasty! Have fun with the swap.

I second that!

I also learned recently why these playfields are such a big deal. System 11 playfields can't be clearcoated and cause a lot of problems with inserts

#135 10 years ago

sys11 can be cleared, I did 2 Pinbots several years ago and they have no issues. One went to expo twice and still has no issues after all those plays. Also did a BoP which while not a sys11, was still done like a sys11 game.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Set price:
2pc for the radar detector+1pc for the gate where is located the Extra Ball hole+instructions
Also I will add some additional LEDs,nuts,resisitors and bases for free.Everything will be packed very well
Total-45$

I have this Mod and it is great! Buyer is a great guy, buy with confidence. Also, fast delivery. Bill

P.S. how are things going friend?

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I second that!
I also learned recently why these playfields are such a big deal. System 11 playfields can't be clearcoated and cause a lot of problems with inserts

Also, finding a NOS HS PF in good shape is damn near impossible. It boils down to how little wear you can find in a replacement PF.

Glad I got mine. One issue (waiting to hear back fro CPR on), but still happy.

#138 10 years ago

This is what happens when you play hooky from work,
You get rewarded!

IMG_3137.JPGIMG_3137.JPG

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

sys11 can be cleared, I did 2 Pinbots several years ago and they have no issues. One went to expo twice and still has no issues after all those plays. Also did a BoP which while not a sys11, was still done like a sys11 game.

I was looking at having a rollergames clearcoated, but HSA pinball wouldn't touch the project. Or a Bk2k either.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was looking at having a Rollergames clearcoated, but HSA pinball wouldn't touch the project. Or a Bk2k either.

Did they say what the reasoning was?

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Did they say what the reasoning was?

They were saying that thid gen of playfields have lots of problems with the clearcoat/inserts. They sprayed a laquer onto it at the factory and now the clearcoat tends to react badly with it.

#142 10 years ago

For what it's worth, my HS playfield was restored and has several layers of clear added. Looks fantastic.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They were saying that thid gen of playfields have lots of problems with the clearcoat/inserts. They sprayed a laquer onto it at the factory and now the clearcoat tends to react badly with it.

There can be issues and it depends on what you clear with too. Mine are varathane, no issues at all. If you were at expo this fall or 2011, it was there.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think that varathane, since it's water based, would be fine as a clearcoat.

That's what was used on my Earthshaker.

Robert

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I think that varathane, since it's water based, would be fine as a clearcoat.
That's what was used on my Earthshaker.
Robert

Who did you have clear coat it?

#146 10 years ago

I have done, 2 Pinbots, a HS and a Bride of Pinbot with PPG JC630 with no problems. The Pinbots were both 2-3 years ago and both are still fine with no problems around inserts or anything.

http://www.bapspaint.com/docs/psheets/PPG/Automotive/Shopline/JC630.pdf

#147 10 years ago

Just got mine today. Wow I never had a new cc play field before. Now it's too good to put back in my game .
Damn total restore is in order! I see they have stencil kits,Can they be used more then once?

IMG_20140129_183824_542(1).jpgIMG_20140129_183824_542(1).jpg

#148 10 years ago

You "BASTARDS"! Just kidding, I think I'm to far down the list to get one, DAMN-IT!

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I see they have stencil kits,Can they be used more then once?

If they can be used more than once, I'd be willing to spilt the cost with you. I'm in not too far from you.

Just received my Tier 4 PF. It is simply gorgeous. It was a long internal battle deciding what tier to get and I'm happy with the one I picked. It just looks fabulous. I can't wait to do a swap and full restore this summer.
20140129_175943.jpg20140129_175943.jpg

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

If they can be used more than once, I'd be willing to spilt the cost with you. I'm in not too far from you.
Just received my Tier 4 PF. It is simply gorgeous. It was a long internal battle deciding what tier to get and I'm happy with the one I picked. It just looks fabulous. I can't wait to do a swap and full restore this summer.

20140129_175943.jpg 239 KB

thats what I was thinking .share and split the cost. maybe even 3ways. has anyone used stencils? what are they made out of?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.