(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 126.
#1151 9 years ago

Just picked up a high speed today! It definitely needs some work, but I'm hoping it'll turn out pretty nice! Question on it- when does the topper go off? Is it when the police start chasing you? I'm not sure if mine is working and I'm not sure when its supposed to. Thanks!

#1153 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

when does the topper go off? Is it when the police start chasing you?

Welcome to the club, and correct. Topper light should run with multiball. Should also go off once in a while during attract, if you have that option turned on.

#1154 9 years ago

Well sounds like one more problem I have to fix then! Not too familiar with the game play yet, is there a 3 ball multi? I've had the 2 ball and it hasn't gone off, sounds like it should have though! Thanks for the help! Like the gameplay so far, just wish I wouldn't have bought so much of a project!

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Well sounds like one more problem I have to fix then! Not too familiar with the game play yet, is there a 3 ball multi? I've had the 2 ball and it hasn't gone off, sounds like it should have though! Thanks for the help! Like the gameplay so far, just wish I wouldn't have bought so much of a project!

You can turn the police light on or off in the adjustments I believe

#1156 9 years ago

Thanks for all the help, looks like this is going to be a pretty big project the more I dig into it. The guy or someone else put mylar on it to protect further wear spots it looks like, but didn't clean it too well before putting it on! Gunna be a lot of cleaning and possibly a playfield swap if I can find one. Otherwise it'll be a mylar removal, a cleaning, and more mylar. Not sure yet

#1157 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

There is no 2 ball multi-ball, just a 3 ball multi-ball. When it starts, you hard plunge the next ball up the ramp and into one of the locks, and then it gives you a 3rd ball in the shooter lane, which you can hard plunge up the ramp and into a lock, or soft plunge and try to trap on a flipper (to give yourself time to line up a shot before it kicks the others out).

If you can't hard plunge up and around the ramp, your spring is either the wrong kind (should be the strongest possible), or it's worn out.

#1158 9 years ago

If that's the case then my game is messing up. The ball will lock on the right side, if I hard plunge it ejects the ball on the right and doesn't divert the other ball to the left. Hmmm. OK thanks, I'll add that to my list

#1159 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

If that's the case then my game is messing up. The ball will lock on the right side, if I hard plunge it ejects the ball on the right and doesn't divert the other ball to the left. Hmmm. OK thanks, I'll add that to my list

High Speed is funny with switches. Make sure the diverter switches and the hideout switches are properly adjusted and functioning correctly.

#1160 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hey does any one have a high res pic of the apron cards? or where I can find some. Thanks

I made these cards. Nothing fancy. Just white/yellow text on black w/ red in 'High Speed'.

... or just get the originals here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1176

Cost $2 to print on cardstock at a local print shop.

#1161 9 years ago

check this out... one would a nice addition behind a clear ramp maybe

http://www.microstru.com/N_Z_billboards.html

#1162 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice find...
-mof

#1163 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Yeah. The first ball goes to the right side. Second ball goes to the left. Third ball goes to the right, and then it ejects right, left, right.

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thanks for all the help, looks like this is going to be a pretty big project the more I dig into it. The guy or someone else put mylar on it to protect further wear spots it looks like, but didn't clean it too well before putting it on! Gunna be a lot of cleaning and possibly a playfield swap if I can find one. Otherwise it'll be a mylar removal, a cleaning, and more mylar. Not sure yet

Check the first switch on the ramp. If it is not working or flakey, the ball will never be diverted to the left hideout.

#1165 9 years ago

Thanks a lot guys. I know the switch on the left doesn't work, it will eject if it diverts it to the left, but not if I hit it off the plunge. Going to check some switches tomorrow I think!

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thanks a lot guys. I know the switch on the left doesn't work, it will eject if it diverts it to the left, but not if I hit it off the plunge. Going to check some switches tomorrow I think!

Just a FYI....that switch set under the ramp can be a BEAR to get to.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just a FYI....that switch set under the ramp can be a BEAR to get to.

Yup. When I assemble the new clear ramp for folks I make sure to clean and adjust them

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cool, you should make that itz own separate posting, as a mod that can go into many pins.

Thanks! Now time to see if anything works for my pins.

#1169 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Seeing these signs what popped into my head was little ghosts in the mansion windows of Laseriffics new AMH topper. If you could make them fade in and out put about 6 in the windows. Cool or not cool?

#1170 9 years ago

Help! The post office claims to have delivered my new clear ramp from Mark D. but it is nowhere to be found. I need to find a replacement assembly but all I've found is the ramp itself from Marco. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Help! The post office claims to have delivered my new clear ramp from Mark D. but it is nowhere to be found. I need to find a replacement assembly but all I've found is the ramp itself from Marco. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Oh crap, that's not good. Talk to the postman who delivers your mail.

#1172 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh crap, that's not good. Talk to the postman who delivers your mail.

I will- a different carrier delivers the packages so he's tougher to catch. Weird thing is that my wife happened to be home sick all day and no one ever rang the doorbell.

#1173 9 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

I will- a different carrier delivers the packages so he's tougher to catch. Weird thing is that my wife happened to be home sick all day and no one ever rang the doorbell.

They never ring my doorbell when they deliver...I just find the package when I look for it. UPS always rings the bell.

#1174 9 years ago

Funny- here they both ring, but the USPS guy rings & runs like a pranking teenager but the UPS guy hangs around.

#1175 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

They never ring my doorbell when they deliver...I just find the package when I look for it. UPS always rings the bell.

Mark, when you put a label on the package did you auto generate the label then print it out? I had a package sent to me with Aurich's Star Trek translite in it and it got lost because the auto generated zip code was wrong. Took a few weeks to get straightened out.

#1176 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mark, when you put a label on the package did you auto generate the label then print it out? I had a package sent to me with Aurich's Star Trek translite in it and it got lost because the auto generated zip code was wrong. Took a few weeks to get straightened out.

No. I just print a label in MS Word. Double checked the address he gave and it was right. I know what you are talking about though. I sometimes get batteries delivered to my house for a guy that lives a couple miles away. We're almost friends now.

#1177 9 years ago

Package located! Whew. Don't know why USPS claimed delivery before it happened but so relieved it's here, I don't really care. Thanks for all the encouragement and leads.

#1178 9 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Package located! Whew. Don't know why USPS claimed delivery before it happened but so relieved it's here, I don't really care. Thanks for all the encouragement and leads.

Very good news.

#1179 9 years ago

I'm so sad, my beautiful High Speed has found a home with a good friend... Thank you all for your wonderful inspiration and support, maybe one day when I have more room my baby will come back to play and I'll be official again

Here's a little parting gift
A link to my most recent instruction card find

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/High-Speed-V2

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1180 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm so sad, my beautiful High Speed has found a home with a good friend... Thank you all for your wonderful inspiration and support, maybe one day when I have more room my baby will come back to play and I'll be official again
Here's a little parting gift
A link to my most recent instruction card find
http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/High-Speed-V2

image.jpg

I was sad to see mine go last month. Be strong.

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was sad to see mine go last month. Be strong.

This feels like system 11 loss anonymous

(Fun little support group that should have been, but never was)

#1182 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This feels like system 11 loss anonymous
(Fun little support group that should have been, but never was)

Yeah it's always sad to see a game you worked so hard at to make it better then when you got it leave.

2 weeks later
#1183 9 years ago

hi clubmembers
After owning 16 years my Williams High Speed, i decided to clean, repair an modificate it a little bit. Hope you like it and maybee it gives you some inspirations like this group did it to me.

- new coils & mechanics, rubbers, some Tips on CPU, so many more...
modifications:
- 1:87 scale theme matching Police Car, 2 Lamborghini Countachs
- custom made Helicopter plastic
- blue flasher caps, bridge traffic light decal, side woodrail decals
- flashing Policelight Gate Mods lites at Freewaygatebonus (1000) from Arakissun via Pinside.com
- flashing eject hole when „escape“ insert lit with Paintshop theme, complete new shaped plastics & Garage
- by Freeway Value inserts lit Orbit-Rollovers
- 2,3 inch micro Videowall powered by Raspberry Pi, Cannonball Movie Intro Themes
- LED Backbox Illumination by Superfluxx
- LED Playfield Illumination (parts)
- Makrolon Playfield Protector by Freddys Pinball Parts/germany
- non glare glass by Romanglass
My big thanks goes to this Pinside HS Club, Member Arakissun from Varna/Bulgaria, Christian for developing & programming Rasperry Pi micro video wall by my whishes and Roman for his f**n´ awesome non glare glass.

Cheers from germany
Soeren

CIMG2427.JPGCIMG2427.JPG

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from flame181:

hi club members

Brilliant idea on the toy roof over the saucer.
Nice editing...
-mof

#1185 9 years ago

Very nice flame. Definitely the most modded high speed around. Interesting mods. Purists probably would not like but I do.

#1186 9 years ago

looks nice where did you get the lights over the spinners?

#1187 9 years ago

...Thanks guys
@tonycip: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-police-light-mod
...just drop Arakissun a line, he's a nice guy

#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from flame181:

After owning 16 years my Williams High Speed, i decided to clean, repair an modificate it a little bit. Hope you like it and maybee it gives you some inspirations like this group did it to me.

Dam.. I thought about selling mine after I get mine finished, but the more mods I see the more I think I want to keep it. As much as I love the original cheesy music, it would be interesting if someone did a mod to mix in new music tracks (maybe have the pinsound board go back to system 11s). If you play high speed on future pinball, they let you swap in tracks

#1189 9 years ago

ya I'm tired of hearing pull over buddy!. Were the cops really that friendly back then?

#1190 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

ya I'm tired of hearing pull over buddy!. Were the cops really that friendly back then?

They give you a stern talking to

#1191 9 years ago

Just joined the club with my first non dmd pin!

4 weeks later
#1192 8 years ago

Picking up my HS on Saturday. Any sources for stand up targets? I have many broken targets. Also might need a new traffic light unless I can repair it.

#1193 8 years ago

Marco has a full set of all 15 for around 130. Also has new traffic lights. I bought some Williams stand up targets for mine, but they are a little different and I haven't put them on yet. The diode is on a different leaf then the old ones.

#1194 8 years ago

Marco says that set is out of stock. I would have purchased it already. They do have the traffic light for $35 but I'm scared to know the shipping to Canada...

#1195 8 years ago

I've heard shipping to Canada is pretty pricey. Maybe eBay? Or pinball life?

#1196 8 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

Picking up my HS on Saturday. Any sources for stand up targets? I have many broken targets. Also might need a new traffic light unless I can repair it.

You can go cheaper and buy just the front, all colours listed below. Shipping is decent and the CDN to EUR is about the same as USD conversion.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/targets-target-replacements-c-9_175_239.html?language=english

#1197 8 years ago

So to replace the fronts only I would have to get new rivets as well. Do you have those? Are they standard or are there Williams specific replacements?

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

So to replace the fronts only I would have to get new rivets as well. Do you have those? Are they standard or are there Williams specific replacements?

You can buy the plastic targets for around $1.50 each (Bay Area Amusements). To install them you will need to grind away the old rivet and replace it. You can buy a nice starter rivet kit ($30) at Pin Restore as well as a hand held rivet roll over punch. To reassemble, you just assemble the target to the post with an appropriate length rivet, then place the whole set up against a block of hard wood. Then with a hammer, you just pound the roll over punch to the bottom of the rivet until it is rolled over and holding the target securely.

http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

Another option would be to purchase the targets then contact centerflank ( I think that is who it was) here on Pinside. I believe he was offering riveting for free...very generous of him, although I would suggest you pay him something for his trouble.

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

I just replaced all my HS targets with new ones. The old ones aren't the prettiest but they all worked. I could send them your way for cheap + shipping. I also have a brand new ramp I didn't use and some plastics as well. Let me know if you're interested.

#1200 8 years ago

Got the clear ramp back from Mark today. Had to go ahead and get it in there asap..very nice!

20150501_191234.jpg20150501_191234.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.