(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,329 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Canuck_pinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 907 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200329-180841 (resized).png
IMG_20200326_144029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200326_144046 (resized).jpg
HSPost.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20200325_164828 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_144954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_142600 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_124337 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_124332 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_233220 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_233149 (resized).jpg
hs i (resized).PNG
PFB_Playfield_hinge (resized).JPG
PFB_Hing-R (resized).JPG
IMG_4891 (resized).JPG

There are 3329 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You can still attach it to the ramp like the original one. Just need to position it and drill the two holes. I have not drilled any of the ramps for the stop light to mount on it, just to keep the option open.

Oh I know, I am keeping mine there! Just saying I don't understand why people are moving it, since there is no real way to 'run' the light if it is moved

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You can still attach it to the ramp like the original one. Just need to position it and drill the two holes. I have not drilled any of the ramps for the stop light to mount on it, just to keep the option open.

Oh I know, I am keeping mine there! Just saying I don't understand why people are moving it, since there is no real way to 'run' the light if it is moved

#953 5 years ago

Back on page 17 there was mention of making other ramps- or evaluating other black ramps to be re-done. I've been working on my on-again off-again project Willaims Grand Lizard that might benefit from a new clear or color ramp.
One of the things I like the most about the clear High Speed ramp is that you can see all of the artwork, and really kinda makes the playfield a bit larger. Anyhow, keep up the great work.

#954 5 years ago

Grand Lizard is one I'm considering. I think the next one I'm going to try will be Space Station.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I think the next one I'm going to try will be Space Station.

I assume you mean the upper left bagatelle?
space-station.jpg
Not sure why they didn't do clear, that really blocks a LOT of the playfield. should be like jokerz!

I'd also love to see a clear ramp for space shuttle, add some sort of flashing lights behind it when you get up the ramp, or maybe just some twinkling lights that make it look like you're in space. Would also be nice if the end of the ramp dropped the ball with less of a clunk, I can only imagine those that did a CPR swap are just cringing when that ball hits the playfield.
shuttle.jpg

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Grand Lizard is one I'm considering. I think the next one I'm going to try will be Space Station.

I have Space Shuttle, Space Station, Grand Lizard. Of those 3, my vote would be for Space Station (right ramp).

It's the only one of the 3 above with moderate damage.

-mof

#957 5 years ago

If anyone is in need of Hardware for their game or restoration project let me know I have a bunch from a extra playfield I picked up.. Also have some extra plastics I might get rid of..

Thanks

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I assume you mean the upper left bagatelle?

For Space Station is would be the right ramp. The left upper is injection molded.

#959 5 years ago

I just picked up a new Space Station pf so my vote is for a clear Space Station ramp. But my question to you Mark is (knowing you) how could you make it better.

#960 5 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3

Quoted from MustangPaul:I just picked up a new Space Station pf so my vote is for a clear Space Station ramp. But my question to you Mark is (knowing you) how could you make it better.

Maybe...DennisAZ's Mod?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup. please...please...please.

Im thinking EL Wire for the Space Station clear ramp

#963 5 years ago

Took a shot at the yellow stoplight with a little masking, turned out ok !
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-restoration/page/3#post-1727377
-mof

#964 5 years ago

Hey guys
Anyone know where I can find a list of all the bulbs used on high speed so I can put together my own led replacement kit?
Cheers!

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Dylanjl:

Anyone know where I can find a list of all the bulbs used on High Speed so I can put together my own led replacement kit?

I posted this color coded chart a year ago. Hope it helps. Only change was I went back to using warm whites in the 1000-9000's instead of the blues. (And using the Comet warm whites that actually looked yellowish instead of pinkish like the Ablaze that I used on those charts)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-williams-high-speed-led-conversion-wmap-lists

2 weeks later
#966 5 years ago

Can you check your flipper wiring for a moment against my pics here:
-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tracking-down-short#post-1763468

(possibly solved) I installed new diodes on the flipper mechs, and we'll see how long things hold up.
-mof

#967 5 years ago

I have to say this for the record.
Freeplay40 has done incredible work with his clear ramp.
If you own a Highspeed, and you haven't upgraded to this sexy fast clear ramp, end the hesitation, and get one now.

It's like I have a new game...
You never know when one little tweak takes your game to a whole new level.

-mof

new-ramp-rules2.jpgnew-ramp-rules1.jpg

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I have to say this for the record.
Freeplay40 has done incredible work with his clear ramp.
If you own a Highspeed, and you haven't upgraded to this sexy fast clear ramp, end the hesitation, and get one now.
It's like I have a new game...
You never know when one little tweak takes your game to a whole new level.
-mof

new-ramp-rules2.jpg 67 KB

new-ramp-rules1.jpg 289 KB

Very true.

#969 5 years ago

Hey Gang,

Hitting some issues with my High Speed. Hasn't been the same since I brought it back from PaGG.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-gisound-issues-system-11#post-1777795

Any advice is appreciated!

1 week later
#970 5 years ago

Finally received the Williams hologram stickers from PPS so I can start selling repro HS aprons and shooter gauges to make our games look like new again.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-ball-archapron-remakes

_L2C6534.jpg
#971 5 years ago

Last Call for new High Speed clear ramps....for now. I made 5 more ramps and now I will stop making them until probably late this fall...or time permitting based on weather. I know... weather???. I live in Seattle and you know our reputation for rain... So when it's nice you just have to take advantage. If it rains and there are requests I'll likely do them. I'm doing a clear and blue for Space Station in the next week or two then will likely do the same there...hold off until fall.

Last call ramps 1.JPG Last call ramps 2.JPG
#972 5 years ago

Freeplay40,
I love what you have done with your High Speed Pin. I am currently undergoing my first major restore. This started out to be just a shop out and play but turned into a much bigger project. I bought a F-14 Tomcat and a High Speed pinball for my 10 year anniversary in June. ( I should say my wife found them and said to get them). I have sent you a PM to see if you have any more ramps. I bought a new plastic set and black ramp (guess I can put it on Ebay ha ha) I figured I would upload a few pics to let everyone know what I am up against.
I have learned a lot from everyone on pinside and thanks.
20140731_200127.jpg
20140731_200137.jpg

#973 5 years ago

Sent you a pm back. Have two left right now. Wow, except for that wear at the sling it looks pretty good. I've recently done two playfield swaps, so if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. High Speed is a great game.

#974 5 years ago

I pulled the Mylar off it was really bad. Someone did a repair (glued the Mylar down) there and not sure what they used but the paint was not sticking even before I pulled the Mylar off. I have all of the glue removed so I will finish cleaning and start with repairs. I will air brush it and see how well I can do. I have a pin protector to put on top for now as I figure I can always take it back off as I improve my skills if I don't like how it turns out.
Sent you a PM back, consider one sold.
Justin

#975 5 years ago

I have a question, with the clear Ramp and the relocation of the stop light has anyone considered using the Stop light from High Speed II? Would it fit? Looks like you can pick one up from BAA for $19.95

#976 5 years ago

We have chatted about a new stop light for High Speed....Something I might toy with the fall/winter if no one else does. I think the consensus was the HS2 light is too tall. With the new LED's that are available, the High Speed could be made with less depth.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

Freeplay40,
I love what you have done with your High Speed Pin. I am currently undergoing my first major restore. This started out to be just a shop out and play but turned into a much bigger project. I bought a F-14 Tomcat and a High Speed pinball for my 10 year anniversary in June. ( I should say my wife found them and said to get them). I have sent you a PM to see if you have any more ramps. I bought a new plastic set and black ramp (guess I can put it on Ebay ha ha) I figured I would upload a few pics to let everyone know what I am up against.
I have learned a lot from everyone on pinside and thanks.

20140731_200127.jpg 209 KB

20140731_200137.jpg 275 KB

Yup you have your work cut out for you. Are the inserts level?

#978 5 years ago

High Speed clear and Space Station clear/blue ramp update.

All High Speed ramps are now sold out, while I attempt to slot some time for a little Summer. I will make more soon, so if interested just let me know.

I will begin production on the Space Station ramps tomorrow, starting with the clear ones. The blue plastic should be available to begin production on Wednesday. I will post photos as they come out of the "bath".

Thanks....Mark

#979 5 years ago

I also have an F-14 and have been eyeballing that black ABS ramp in it. Might be my next clear/transparent blue project!

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup you have your work cut out for you. Are the inserts level?

I have one insert that is high, and one that is a little low. The rest seem fine.

1 month later
#982 5 years ago

Hey fellow high speed guys, I worked on the above link some more today, care to help?
Thank you!

#983 5 years ago

I finally had a chance to play two High Speeds besides my own. My hide out kickers come out like cannon fire where these other machines are quite gentle and slow in comparison. I do not see any way to adjust this, why is my machine so hard shooting? They could look original.

#984 5 years ago

Be thankful it kicks well.
I had to change mine as sometimes it would barely kick enough to send the ball right down the middle.
As long as your hitting and moving up past the right top flipper it's working good in my opinion.
I would suggest inspecting the tip of the kicker. I know my old one was not very flat and pretty mangled when I compared it to its replacement.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Be thankful it kicks well.
I had to change mine as sometimes it would barely kick enough to send the ball right down the middle.
As long as your hitting and moving up past the right top flipper it's working good in my opinion.
I would suggest inspecting the tip of the kicker. I know my old one was not very flat and pretty mangled when I compared it to its replacement.

Sorry, I meant the two hideouts kickers. My kickback at the lower left works well.

#986 5 years ago

My tech buddy always chimes to me about how transistors tend to get weak with time. I was asking about my checkpoint drop targets and that was his go to on the subject of them being slow to react, not being 'crisp' enough for my taste.

1 week later
#987 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Found a very nice unrestored machine that just came off route. Time to clean!
image.jpg
image-407.jpg
image-801.jpg

image.jpg

image-192.jpg
image-293.jpg

#988 5 years ago

Grrr... top edge of my tachometer lights have quit lighting up. I saw this happen once before, but the solution is eluding me.

Has anyone seen/solved this?

Ack, lamp matrix says 5k - 30k = 1J7-8, Q54 -- yikes. I'll try the connectors first.

Yep, just a loose connection at 1J7-8, no worries.

thanks,
-mof

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Grrr... top edge of my tachometer lights have quit lighting up. I saw this happen once before, but the solution is eluding me.
Has anyone seen/solved this?
Ack, lamp matrix says 5k - 30k = 1J7-8, Q54 -- yikes. I'll try the connectors first.
Yep, just a loose connection at 1J7-8, no worries.
thanks,
-mof

That was an easy fix.

#990 5 years ago

I am presently forming the next batch of High Speed clear ramps. I have exchanged pm's with those interested at this time. If you would like one at this time let me know so I can make enough... Within 2 weeks I will also produce another batch of the blue Space Station ramps.....and... in the meantime.. with the help of another Pinsider, I will begin the next ramp project.

#991 5 years ago

I'd still like to have a street graphic sticker for my ramp, maybe?

#992 5 years ago

Anyone know what this is, why it's here. Looks to be home fabricated.image.jpg

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Anyone know what this is, why it's here. Looks to be home fabricated.

image.jpg 106 KB

That is interesting, Does your black ramp have the clear plastic guard on it? I am guessing that is there in case the ball jumps out of the ramp.

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

That is interesting, Does your black ramp have the clear plastic guard on it? I am guessing that is there in case the ball jumps out of the ramp.

Yes it does have the clear guard on the ramp

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Anyone know what this is, why it's here. Looks to be home fabricated.

image.jpg 106 KB

No idea, not on my game.

#996 5 years ago

It's supposed to be plastic trees. I bet they moved the stop light there or had a toy car sitting on it.
image-255.jpg

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It's supposed to be plastic trees. I bet they moved the stop light there or had a toy car sitting on it.

image-255.jpg 137 KB

The trees are there underneath the metal bracket, you can see them poking out.

I would guess that someone had an issue with a ball getting stuck there, and slapped that goofy bracket there to stop it.

#998 5 years ago

Ahhh...the best part...fresh out of the final bath...
HS092714.JPG

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ahhh...the best part...fresh out of the final bath...

HS092714.JPG 66 KB

SEXY!!!

#1000 5 years ago

You are going to make some HS owners very happy!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3329 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside