(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

609 posts in this topic match your search for posts by grumpy. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1367 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'd love to get a head count for the under-ramp style if I can.

Under please!! Great work also.

1 week later
#1382 8 years ago

I have ran a 12" strip of red and blue 5050 leds on angle to match the sides of the road of the backglass. I made a flasher board and P/S board so they alternate red and blue, looks so much better now. I took a short video but can't seem to post here.

1 month later
#1394 8 years ago
Quoted from defiant1:

And also attached one of my Air Force coins

Nice touch, also thanks for your service to America.

#1397 8 years ago

Here is a video of the leds I installed in my backglass.

#1400 8 years ago

I used a 12" strip of red and 12" strip of blue leds. I bought a flasher board from Ebay. I made a simple power supply to power everything from the #89 flashlamp circuit on the insert board.

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Grumpy, don't know if I'm that talented but I'm going to have to try it. It's just too cool.

Not that hard, if there is enough interest I can't post some detailed pics.

#1406 8 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Also you say you tied into pinball's flasher, not on all the time?

I tied into the flasher power circuit so I wouldn't have to run wires back to the power supply. The led strips are on all the time when the pin is powered up.

Quoted from Tokkentakker:I found some of the 12" scanning LED strip on ebay

I used basic 12 volt led strips, one red and one blue. Cost @ a dollar per foot. This whole mod only cost me seven dollars. I also did this so I can put it back without damage.

008.JPG008.JPG

009.JPG009.JPG

#1408 8 years ago

ebay.com link: itm They have gone up a dollar since I got mine a year ago.

#1409 8 years ago

I got mine a year ago for three dollars and free shipping.

#1410 8 years ago

Parts list.

12" 12 volt 5050 red 60 led per meter strip.
12" 12 volt 5050 blue 60 led per meter strip.
5 gallon paint stir stick cut to the correct width and length.
Flasher circuit board from Ebay.
LM7812 regulator.
22uf 50 volt electrolytic cap.
Heat sink for the regulator.
18" 22ga red wire.
4 burnt out #44 bulbs.
Hot glue.
2 #6 wood screws.

#1411 8 years ago

To mount the led strips I removed 3 bulbs on each side, then I took four burnt bulbs and broke the glass out. I removed the entire filament so there wouldn't be a short, and filled the bulb base with hot glue. When the hot glue cools down insert the bulb bases into the outter and inner lamp sockets on each side. Use a razor knife to cut two paint sticks to a width a little wider than the led strip. Also cut the the sticks to the correct length. Now add some hot glue to the bulb bases and attach the wood strip to each side. Once you have the flasher board from ebay completed, you wont need there leds and remote led boards. You just need the wires with the connectors to solder to the led strips. Make sure to get the polarity correct or the leds wont light. I then removed the #89 flasher sockets to install the led wires and hot glued the leds strips to the wood strips. When that had cooled I reinstalled the #89 flasher sockets. This is easy so far!!!!

#1412 8 years ago

Here is a pic of the circuit board installed next to the flasher resistors. Since I'm using Led flash bulbs I don't need the ground wire on the warming resistors. If you look carefully you will see that I cut off the ground wire from the resistor board to use for the ground of the power supply. I can always reattach it later if I want restore it to original. If you love your incandescent flash bulbs, then don't cut the ground wire just add a new black wire to the terminal with the two black wires. Mount the circuit board with a #6 screw and a plastic spacer to the insert board. Then plug in the led strips to the circuit board.

010.JPG010.JPG

#1413 8 years ago

The first pic shows you where to hook up the red power wire. That is the left #89 flash socket, make your connection to the red wires. The second pic show how to wire the 12 volt regulator and cap. The cap is an electrolytic so polarity is a must. There you have it, a 3 hour easy project that is cheap and looks great.

004.JPG004.JPG

002.JPG002.JPG

#1414 8 years ago

Oops my pics are backwards.

#1420 8 years ago

Let me know what you come up with as I have a Police Force also. I added a flashing lamp at the end of the gun barrel. The flashing lights on the police car in the back box could use something better.

3 weeks later
#1439 8 years ago

Is this drop assembly something that you are going to use. What you need is a contact closing for each drop wired in series to fire a TIP 102. Take power from pop coil and ground it thru the TIP 102. No programing is needed. If you need more details give me a pm.

#1441 8 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I just found this sys 7 style looks even friendlier with leaf switches

This is what you will need, you can add additional contacts to each drop. Will it fit????? Can you find enough????????

#1442 8 years ago

Last but not least no pink drops on High Speed!

#1445 8 years ago

What you have there is 2 no/nc switches. This will work for what you want.

#1447 8 years ago

Now that I see that it has a horseshoe wiper, this is not as I expected. Use the other drop assembly with the separate contacts.

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Now that I see that it has a horseshoe wiper, this is not as I expected

gmkalos Would the horseshoe contacts end up on the inner pair in the down position? Or would it be 1st and 3rd? Also does it land on the very top two contacts with the holes in the up position?

#1453 8 years ago

The orange wires are in series, for the targets to reset each time any are hit you need to change this to parallel. Start by cutting each orange loop and take the lefts and connect them together to five volts. Take the two right oranges and the right green wires and connect them together with another wire to go to the reset transistor.

#1454 8 years ago

Lets say your replacing the lower left stand ups with this drop bank. Take the green/yellow wires and connect it to the column wire on the machine Grn/Red. The Wht/ Orn wire to the games row wire Wht/Vio. The Wht/Red wire to the games Wht/Blu. And the last Wht/Brn wire to the games Wht/Grn. That's all there is to that.

#1456 8 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I just was not sure if i should use diodes.

Switch matrix, yes just like they are mounted. Reset circuit not needed.

Quoted from gmkalos:I hope when you play this machine at pinfest you get a smile on your face lol

I hope I can go to pinfest.

#1459 8 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

and it has to be Rat-Roded

Sounds like fun, not every pin has to be restored.

1 month later
#1497 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Any ideas or tricks for tacking down the issue?

No tricks to this. This can be a simple as a bad bulb, but how to tell is the hard part. I normally remove all the bulbs on a circuit like this, then remove the fuse and connect me multimeter across the fuse terminals. I set it to A/C amps. Power up the game and it should read zero, if not the you have a bulb socket issue or a pinched wire somewhere. If it reads zero, then I add one bulb at a time. If you using #44 bulbs, each time you add one the amps should go up @ .25 amps. When you get one that adds more than .25 amp you found your problem, maybe a bad bulb or a bad socket. Troubleshoot from there on as there may be more then one problem.

#1499 8 years ago

Not to bad for my back yard.

#1501 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

GI lights powered by the purple - white/purple wires

This should be the right side of the p/f. Correct?

Quoted from eh97ac:removed 20 or so bulbs and had 18 up and running...put in 19 and bye bye lights

I count only 17 on my HS right side p/f. That should only draw 4.25 amps max on a 5 amp slow blow fuse.

#1509 8 years ago
Quoted from SkillShotZ23:

Some fire off but others don't.

Make a list of all coils that don't work.

Quoted from SkillShotZ23:did resistance tests in all the coils

Did you check for voltage?

2 weeks later
#1513 8 years ago

All three EOS switches are the same.

Quoted from chuckwurt:but can I just replace the EOS

Yes you can. Also clean the lane change contacts with a new dollar bill while your in there.

#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What I need help with is the right flipper. I know this one is a stacked switch

There better be a stacked switch on the left one also. Great players like me need to put there name up for high scores.

6 months later
#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

But when a game is started it will not kick a ball into the outlane

This is called the shooter lane.

Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:And doesnt recognise a drain either.

This is the outhole. This is the switch you need to check, #9 outhole. Put game in switch test, remove all the balls and use one ball to test this outhole switch. It maybe a broken wire, a bad switch diode or the switch is just out of adjustment. I have seen broken rubbers slide down the playfield and into the outhole blocking the ball from activating the switch,

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Ok so upon further investigation most of the solenoids dont fire.

Check for power at the coil lugs on the coils that aren't working.

4 weeks later
#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know if all the flasher bulbs in the game are 63s?

Yes they are, but #89 will work. They last longer but a little bit dimmer.

#1645 7 years ago

Fun times in your future.

1 month later
#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from HS1STPIN:

The lamp does not come on and I have tried a couple different bulbs.

There is 2 bulbs in series on this circuit. If one or the other burns out neither will light. When you install a LED bulb in the socket the power from the warming resistor for this bulb is enough to light an LED all the time. But this bulb shouldn't be on all the time because its a flasher bulb. If you want to run LEDs in the flasher circuits you will need to remove the warming resistors. The other bulb for this circuit is in the upper right corner under the plastic and is most likely burned out.

Quoted from HS1STPIN:(stars in the corners don't light up.

These are switches and do not light up.

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

They take 63's, right?

Yes, but you can use #89 bulbs and they will last a lot longer.

Quoted from embryonjohn:If they don't come on with new 63's in them where should I look 1st for the problem?

The first thing I would do is set your DMM to DC volts and the black lead to the ground braid and the red led to the metal tab of Q-79 on the CPU board. Should be @ 28-32 volts. Then I would take a jumper wire and ground one side to the ground braid and briefly touch the other side to the metal tab of Q-79 on the CPU board. The bulbs should flash each time Q-79 is grounded. If both of these work as described then the CPU board needs troubleshooting.

#1696 7 years ago

Let me know what you find.

3 weeks later
#1707 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Also, One of my pops was blowing a transistor. I put a new one in and it killed that too. Any suggestions as to what to inspect? I don't think the coil was getting locked on, but it was hot, so who knows. I think the game played a little while before I noticed the smell.

If the coil was hot, it was locked on at some point. If the coil locks on when you hit the power switch, the driver, predriver and coil diode are bad. If the coil locks when you start a game then you have a logic chip problem. The problem is that if a coil locks on for one second the current that flows thru the coil is more than the TIPs and diodes can handle and they need to be replaced, period. If you could smell the coil burning then the coil and sleeve are shot and need to be replaced. The first thing you need to check is the skirt and switch for the pop bumper. If the skirt doesn't move freely or sticks then the switch will stay closed and melt another coil. Make sure the switch is gaped properly. Then replace the coil, diode and sleeve, but leave one wire off. Replace the TIP 122 with a TIP102 as they are stronger and replace the predriver. Reinstall the CPU and power on the pin. Touch the wire to the coil lug, nothing should happen. Start a game and retest the coil again, still nothing should happen. Turn off power and resolder the wire on the coil.

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Q76 checks out ok compared to the transistors next to it

You need to replace it anyway and the coil diode too.

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

ramp divert switches would pretty much never work

Check for continuity thru the big molex connector on the wire harness.

#1713 7 years ago
Quoted from Eagle509:

When i go through the test mode to switches edges and test the blades that should active the coil

That tests the switch for scoring not for energizing the coil.
Do you have a DMM and or logic probe?

1 month later
#1732 7 years ago

Page 38 of the manual shows all parts needed for the beacon.

1 month later
#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from SkillShotZ23:

They click in test mode but otherwise don't work in gameplay

These coils have relays that turn them on, you are hearing them click so they must not have power. There is a single fuse holder in the back box for these coils, check it for continuity.

#1762 6 years ago

Try a new diode on the pop switch and see if that helps.

2 months later
#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from medioil:

Not sure what this means

There is two of these in the lower right corner of the back box.

The one with two blue wires and a black and purple wire is for making +18 volts DC. With the game on you can measure the black to the purple wire and read 18 volts DC.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

but the insert lamps don't work

^^^^ post above ^^^^

Quoted from kermit24:I replaced the fuse in the small board in the lower right of the backbox

Disconnect J3 on this board and replace the fuse and power up the game. Does the fuse burn now?

1 week later
#1817 6 years ago

Reverse the test leads and retest the coil again as you may have been reading the diode. Or the best way is to lift one lead of the diode then test.

#1819 6 years ago

Use diode 1n4007 for all diodes as they cost the same and are rated higher than the original ones. Those 3 numbers that came up on the displays are switch numbers that are not working or have not been activated in awhile.

#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I realize how asinine some of previous posts were. I now have a much better grasp of the situation.

Good to hear you have this under control. I think you will do very well on Pinsides.

2 weeks later
#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

grumpy any idea here? I think it is heat related.

I would check for the correct voltage, 5 and +12 at the CPU. I would check for AC voltage on both of these. I would swap both CPU chips on the Cpu board. I would check for cracked header pins for the power cable that goes from the power supply and CPU board. Also remove the game Roms and look for dirty or bent pins. Clean pins with an eraser and reinstall Roms. Last would be to monitor the 5 volts while someone plays multiball until it locks up.

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is there a +12v test point on the CPU?

No, connect to the cathode side of ZR-1. 11.8-14 volts and less than .2 volts AC.

Quoted from kermit24:

The 5V tests fine

4.9-5.05 volts and less than .2 volts AC.

And the big question is what is the voltage with when the problem occurs.

1 month later
#1871 6 years ago

The upper switch is the EOS switch, the bottom is the lane change switch. The sounds are triggered from the lane change switch even tho its labeled EOS in the manual. You need to see that its open when the flipper is down and closed when the flipper is up. Also clean the contacts with a crisp 100 dollar bill and test the diode with a DMM. Let me know if this doesn't help.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1877 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/freeplay40

Quoted from PinPilot:Who or where is this "freeplay 40" of which you speak?

3 weeks later
#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballer64:

Hi there if anyone can help me out on my left flipper it keeps going weak on me. I replaced the coil and also replace the EOS switches. It worked fine for a few games and then it went weak again any suggestions on what might be the problem?

The EOS switch to be adjusted to have more closing pressure when in the down position.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

my question is what sound is contained on the chips on the mpu and which ones are on the sound board itself?

The talking comes from the CPU board and the background music comes from the sound board. But both sounds and music are mixed on the CPU board and then amplified on the CPU board.

1 month later
#1907 6 years ago

Are these std or led bulbs? If standard then make sure that all four bulbs are good. Manual calls for #63, but #89 will last a lot longer. If you check for voltage at the red wires on the socket both should have @30 volts dc, you can use any of the black wires at the resistors for ground. You should also show voltage on the brown wire on the socket if the bulb is good. And you should have voltage on the orange wire if the other bulb is good. Lastly if you touch a jumper from the single brown/red wire to the black wire on the resistor board all four bulbs should light. If only 2 bulbs light check the ohms of the resistor for the pair that doesn't light.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That can't be a good thing

#1911 6 years ago

If there are #63 bulbs, then they are in pairs as this type of bulb is only 7 volts. First find the power at the first bulb then second bulb then resistor lastly the cpu board transistor. Did the new flashers work now?

#1912 6 years ago

#63 bulbs are brighter then #89 bulbs but last half as long.

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yes to confirm all flashers are working. Happy camper and appreciate it. Thanks.

Playball!

1 month later
#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Is it time for a new solenoid?

No, either clean and adjust the EOS switch or replace it with new one. Also clean the flipper cabinet switches. PS you clean these type of contacts (tungsten) with a metal file.

#1945 6 years ago

When you energize the flipper 100% of the power needs to go thru these contacts to give the coil its high power, as they burn and corrode from arcing the coil power goes down until a point that the flipper doesn't even move any more.

#1947 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Ok, i cleaned it with no real change. Do i just replace that flippers switch or is there possibly something going on with the main flippers switch too?

Post a pic of the EOS and cabinet switch.

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Special request High Speed ramp..

You do requests?

1 week later
#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Batteries are new. When this happens the whole game becomes disabled and is unplayable until I shut it off and turn it back on.

The power supply may need rebuilding or you have some cracked header pins on the power wire going from the power supply to the CPU board. Use a volt meter and test the 5 volts on the test point on the CPU board, let us know what it reads.

2 weeks later
#1985 6 years ago

I have to wonder what a clear green ramp would look like.

#1987 6 years ago

Pic is very blurry, but I would say it should connect to a green/orange on the left.

#1996 6 years ago

Rebuild the original.

3 weeks later
#2019 6 years ago

This is a snubber relay set up. HS uses this on both hide out coils. On F-14 Williams made a circuit board that has all 3 parts mounted on it. I think you need a 180 ohm 2 watt resistor for this, the original is a 1/2 watt and they are a bit undersized.

2 weeks later
#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from FMonk:

I can flip the two lower flippers again in test mode, but not the top one

Then its not the relay because if the lower right flipper works going thru the relay then the upper right should work also as its the same wire. I would put a jumper wire on the EOS switch and then see if it works then but do not cradle with a jumper installed as it will over heat the coil and burn the fuse. I would bet you have a couple issues going on at the same time.

Quoted from FMonk:if I ground the center flipper lug, all three will flip.

Next time you do this do not just ground the middle lug as this bypasses the EOS switch and just checks for power and if the high power coil broken. If you ground the 3 lug (not the power lug) the power has to flow thru the EOS switch and the coil, listen to the sound the flipper makes when you ground the middle lug and then ground the 3 lug and listen for the same sound or does it sound weaker. If it sounds weaker then you need to clean or adjust the EOS switch or both.

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from FMonk:

but when I first fired it up today none of the flippers worked

This is why I think you have a couple of issues. The relay is one and the upper flipper EOS switch is the second. Since you just rebuilt the flippers I would bet you need to adjust the closed pressure on the EOS switch, if the contacts are just touching they will burn the mating surface and then stop working due to high resistance.

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from FMonk:

For these particular contacts a fine metal file is appropriate, correct?

Yes.

Quoted from FMonk:

In regards to the relay issue, I'm not sure where the next step would be since it seems to be intermittent?

Finish the switches and wait for it to return, then have another look.

#2038 5 years ago

That is for the right pop bumper, does it work now? If it does work, then I would leave it alone.

1 month later
#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

For the relay is that simply a different package, it looks like the 50v relay for the kickback?

All 4 relays are the same. They are 12 volt 30 amp.

1 week later
#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius:I didn't find any reference to five chimes at startup

Power-on Tone(s).
When the system 11 games boots, it produces power-on tone(s). Here is the breakdown of the tone(s):

No Sound: sound/speech board is not operating, or a failure is affecting the sound circuitry (broken or disconnected cable, dead amplifier, bad speaker).
One Tone: sound/speech system OK.
Two Tones: sound/speech RAM problem.
Three Tones: U4 problem.
Four Tones: U19 problem.
CPU Sound Diagnostic Switch SW1.
On the left side of the CPU board there are two switches. The top switch SW1 is the sound diagnostic switch. If you press this button, you should get two test sounds. This shows that the CVSD (Continuously Variable Slope Delta) modulator, which produces the game's voices, and the DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) sound circuits are working.

After pressing CPU switch SW1 you should get some tones. Here is the breakdown:

No Sound: sound/speech board is not operating, or a failure is affecting the sound circuitry (broken or disconnected cable, dead amplifier, bad speaker).
One Tone: U23 RAM chip error.
Two Tones: U21 ROM chip error.
Three Tones: U22 ROM chip error.
Four Tones: U21 ROM chip error.
Five Tones: U22 ROM chip error.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius:

maybe someone will recognize the chimes?

Is it chimes or is it 5 knocks from the knocker?

2 months later
#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The High Speed that I recently put on route is locking up at least 10-20% of the games

Have you checked the output of the power supply?

Quoted from desertT1:

Also, came in today and it wouldn’t take a coin.

The 32 volt F-2 fuse is burnt, this fuse powers the coin lockout coils and some play field coils.

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from PiLgRiM:

Yes, it looks fine and the actuator moves the left diverter, but the right side just spins around the shaft and doesn't catch it to move it. It looks like, from some other threads, that the outer part is crimped somehow to the inner part that would spin the shaft, but I can't find that part or what I can do to fix it.

I think there is a roll pin that locks the shaft to the arm. It maybe broken.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All fuses are good

There is a lone 2.5 amp fuse in the back box that is blown.

3 weeks later
#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from PiLgRiM:

Anyone have any experience with this circuit specifically?

I think I can help you, if my memory serves me the power (32 volts DC) comes on a red wire to the left bulb socket (#63 bulb). Thru the bulb and leaves on a brown wire to the right bulb socket (#63 bulb). #63 bulbs are 7 volt dc bulbs. Then it leaves the right socket on an orange wire back to the resistor board. Connected to the orange wire on the resistor board is 2 resistors, the first is a 330 ohm resistor and it connects to 2 black wires which are connected to ground. This allows power to flow thru both bulbs and the 330 ohm resistor to ground which will warm the filaments so they light brighter and quicker. The second resistor is a 10 ohm resistor. The other side of this resistor has a blue /black wire connected to it. The blue/black wire goes to the cpu to turn on and off the bulbs. So when the cpu grounds the blue/black wire power will now flow thru both bulbs and thru the 10 ohm resistor and then to ground. Since there is less resistance the bulbs will light fully now.

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from PiLgRiM:

I swapped out the bulb and it's working great now!

If you change both bulbs to #89 bulbs they will last for many years but be a tiny bit dimmer.

1 week later
#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Almost impossible to pull all the way

Someone may have added washers on the plunger shaft to increase spring tension, and now the spring goes into coil bind. Remove them if not needed and install a new spring.

1 week later
#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If I press start it will start a game, but none of the inserts will light, and it won't kick out a ball.

Do you have 3J4 or 3J2 on the power supply connected?

#2196 5 years ago

I would cut off the diode from the left outlane kickback coil, then check the coils resistance. It should read @ 5 ohms. If it is lower, replace it. If it is good then install a new diode 1n4007 with the silver line facing the purple/yellow wire. Then retest.

1 week later
#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Are you referring to reference of pink connector on switch?

Yep.

4 weeks later
#2222 5 years ago

The correct switch is #5647-09933-00. The wires are in the first pic, white/yellow and the yellow jumper wire. They connect to the COM and the NO contacts of the switch. Yes you can use the switch in pic #2 if you can mount it and adjust is correctly.

Nobody has these any more. you can carefully remove the red and green lenses and reverse them and the install the cover upside down with hot glue to hold in place so not to see the melted hole.

You can buy the complete switch and target from PBR.

Yes you can use #89 bulbs and they will last for many years. #63 bulbs will only last 6 months at best. Hardly any difference in brightness.

#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Anyway, rebuilt the power supply and now this is what I get.

You need to install a voltmeter on the 5 volt test points on the CPU. Retest and note the voltage for DC and AC.

#2253 5 years ago

Does it fluctuate when you start a game.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Also, anyone got any ideas in my issue above? MPU shows a “0”

A zero is booted.

Quoted from desertT1:

but not audio, insert lighting, or displays.

I would start with checking voltages. 5,12,-12,100,-100,18 and 32. If you don't how or where to check let me know.

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’d happily accept that offer

First off I normally remove all connectors from the power supply except the two lower rectangle ones in the box in pic #1.

Going to list average readings that you should see from these TP (test point)
TP1 5.062V Pic #2.
TP3 14.60V Pic #4.
TP4 -14.94V Pic #3.
Fuse 2 42.49V both sides Pic #5.
Fuse 3 19.66V both sides Pic #5.
Fuse 4 42.46V both sides Pic #5.
J5 Pin 3 -103.5 Pic #6.
J5 Pin 4 104.6 Pic #6.
J5 pin 6 5.062V Pic #6.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Can I confirm your suggested location for the negative lead on the DMM?

When testing DC voltage, black lead always to ground. That being said you can use the ground braid if in good condition, any circuit board screw head or the back plane as its metal in this game.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Everything listed above checks out on my end.

Reconnect all the connectors on the power supply. Turn on the game.
Now check the blanking signal with your voltmeter set to DC volts, black lead to ground and red lead to a silver spot on the CPU board that says BLANKING It's written upside down just above U-20 pin 2. What do you read?

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Leave it to grumpy to have the cleanest power supply I have ever seen in a Sys11

I don't want to mislead anyone here, this is not my power supply. I rebuilt this power supply for heni1977 when he was having problems with his F-14.
His bridge rectifier shorted out and he said he wasn't ready for that much just yet. So I gave it a once over for him GRUMPY style.
I believe the single most important thing you can do when you get a new machine is to rebuild the power supply, after that you will have very few electronic problems.

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgray:

Has anyone with a HS done this recently, and if so what did you use and how did you wire it in?

When your ready to install this I can help with the connections if you like.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't want to get too buried. Is this an acceptable voltage on the blanking signal?

Yes, 2-5 volts from where you measured it is fine. I betting that you have a poor connection somewhere on the CPU board. This could be a bad socket or a loose chip. I would start by carefully reseating U-15, U-26 and U-27. I normally pull out the board that I want to reseat chips on. Then I place the board on hard flat surface and then gently pry up each end of the chip with a very small screwdriver, Not to remove but to just lift a bit. Then press the chip straight back down with firm even pressure until it doesn't move anymore. A good pic of the board set could help by getting a bunch more eyes on the situation. When troubleshooting I find 70% of my problems with my eyes.

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I pulled the board, reseated those chips, put everything back in, confirmed everything was plugged in. I get a zero on the MPU, GI is on, but nothing more.

Next thing to try is replacing the CPU chip U-15.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I get some sort of readings on C30 but they are a little bit all over the place.

A standard DMM will not test caps. You can take a new cap of the correct size and put alligator clips on it and then attach it to the old C-30 cap leads without removing it. If it boots with the new cap connected, then the old cap needs to be replaced. But your old board was booting and had a good blanking signal, so it wasn't the C-30 cap.

1 week later
#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What might be causing this with fresh batteries?

First check D-2 for an open. If D-2 is ok then replace the battery holder.

2 weeks later
#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

The reds and brown/purple

These go on the knocker coil.

#2339 5 years ago

Both reds go on the knocker coil. One red is the power wire, the other red wire is the power for the beacon which comes from the knocker.

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

Thanks for the help with this. I guess until I get a knocker I can just twist the reds together and tape them up. The brown too.
Thanks everyone!

Yep.

1 week later
#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Moving to this thread since the board is now in a High Speed. Issue: upper left jet bumper not working. grumpy

U49 1 and 2 have pulses. U50 pin 1 has pulse. Replaced Q77. Replaced Q76. Still does not work.
Also both kickers and one more jet bumper are not firing in coil test. Could it be a PIA?

If this is a system 11a board in a system 11 game you will need to add a jumper on the back of the board.

#2350 5 years ago

Remove the CPU board and look at the back of the J -18 pins 6 and 7. Are they connected to the perimeter ground plane?

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

U49 1 and 2 have pulses. U50 pin 1 has pulse. Replaced Q77. Replaced Q76. Still does not work.

Check R-104 (68 ohms), and R-102 (2.7k ohms).

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also both kickers and one more jet bumper are not firing in coil test.

In coil test for the left kicker check for pulses at U-49 pins 8 and 9.
For the right kicker check for pulses at U-49 pins 3 and 4.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All works now! I just needed bypass the ground like you said. That was why I had no special solonoids.

Playball!

1 week later
#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

Hey guys, hope you can help but I have a high speed pin and a problem, as you can see from the pic the GI on the left side of the machine are out, I'm not new to pinball but new to fixing them, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can begin to trouble shoot this problem?
Thanks for your help.[quoted image]

Look for a melted connector on the power supply board.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I know going in that the Mylar is a mess in spots. Community seems torn in general on whether to leave it be or pull it up. Any thoughts specific to this table?

I got my HS in 1990. This was my first pin. The Mylar was bubbled in a few spots on the inserts. There was no forums to ask questions and I had no idea if it would work, but I used a hair dryer to remove it. This left most of the glue intact except where the bubbles were. The paint had already came loose when it bubbled. Removing the glue was a pain in the ass. But in the end it was worth it, the colors were brighter and more vibrate. I still have this pin and have only just used wax on the PF. It still looks as good as it did in 1990. For 20 years it was the only machine I had, so it got played a lot. Wax and new balls does wonders.

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffr:

I can't get it to fail except when playing the game.

Vibration and a flakey switch.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I looked on the CPU board and saw that Q73 has a leg scorched

That could of happened when it was replaced before.

Quoted from cjchand:

If I’m reading the schematics correctly (very likely not ), this connects to IJI9-3, which leads to special solenoid 3.

Correct.

Quoted from cjchand:

but wanted to figure out what lives downstream of that transistor

The pic has everything you need.

coils (resized).PNGcoils (resized).PNG
#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Thanks Grumpy! Glad to know I was close.
I was thinking the transistor hadn’t been replaced post-scorching as the solder on that leg is also scorched. Is that a bad assumption on my part?
Again, truly appreciate the help!

GTC is not an original part. Pre/post scorching, hard to say. And really doesn't matter. Check your coil and switches, replace the diode, driver and predriver and test before reconnecting. Use Tip102 instead of Tip122.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Hey guys, looking for some advice. I just finished my pf swap and am ready to connect it to the machine for testing. I went through pics of the old pf and checked them against all my wiring, everything looks correct. I want to connect the large pf molex connectors one at a time, least risk to high risk. Any thoughts on the order I should go? Also, all of my coils are molexed, I planned to connect and test them one at a time if everything else tests ok. Would that cause any issues? Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Main thing to do is double check coil diodes and SS switches. Then connect everything and run all test in the menu. Fix any minor issues and enjoy your hard work.

#2433 5 years ago

The white plastic retaining posts are original and need to be squeezed to release. The player #2 looks like some kind of bolts and nuts and is not factory.

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe its a grounding issue? anyone?

Check the molex connector for the play field.

#2443 5 years ago

Didn't mean to blow it up

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is the diode bad because of this?

No, the P/N junction of the diode will cause a voltage drop.

Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve read that less that 4.5 will give the “dead battery” failure.

Not true, some people run coin style batteries which are only 3 volts when new and they will last for years.

Check pin 24 on U-25 with the power off for voltage, Should be @ the same as it is coming out of D-2.

#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Pin 24 on U25 is the same as what is coming out of D2.

It maybe time for a new ram chip or NV ram.

2 weeks later
#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

anyone here have an idea where this wire may go?

White/violet wire will go to a GI lamp socket. Take another pic out a bit farther and I may see where it goes.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Hmm, I don't have any light out.

I don't see the second wire connecting to the upper pop lamp.

2 weeks later
#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeVarney:

Another schematic later on in the manual seems to indicate that this area of the Power Board is for "General Illumination". Based on that, I should be able to temporarily leave those wire off just to test the general function of the game (to verify proper reassembly), correct?

Yep.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeVarney:

What should be the next thing I look at?

I would check for voltage on both sides of D-2 with the power off.

1 week later
#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Does the ball shooter have a sleeve in it?

Yes.

3 weeks later
#2512 5 years ago

Here you go, some light reading.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-build-from-empty-cab/page/2#post-3067005

Quoted from Completist:

Thanks! Looks like whoever owned this in the past really hated beacons. Ripped everything out including the poor little fuse holder.
I’ll also need to figure out where the wires went. I have a GI mod to put back to normal as well. Perhaps those red wires spliced together with electrical tape are related to the beacon? Wish i had a hardcopy of manual. Hope IPDB version quality is decent. [quoted image][quoted image]

4 weeks later
#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Plugged the wire from 1j15 into either 1j13 or 1j14,

This didn't cause any trouble.

Did you connect anything to 1J15 when this happened?

#2520 4 years ago

Check for the 5 and 12 volts and ground on the cpu.

#2522 4 years ago

This is borderline. Problems start to happen at 10.5 and lower.

Also did you check the ball roll tilt, plumb bob and 3 balls installed?

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It has been folded up for a while after that.

I know you just moved into the new game room so I thought that it was acting this way after being moved.

Quoted from Tomass:

I will track down the 12v and start there.

How are the caps on the PS?

#2525 4 years ago

Here is a note from the manual.

The 12 volt power is what powers the power on reset to the CPU and PIA chips.

ps (resized).PNGps (resized).PNG
#2527 4 years ago

Put a new bridge rectifier in while your at it and the six 1n4007 diodes.

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeVarney:

Is that the best possibility?

That would be my bet.

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

found r13 on the PS to be way out of spec.

The five volts goes thru this resistor.

Quoted from Tomass:

Also this strange film or corrosion around some of these components. Redish.

This is solder flux and will not cause any harm. A brass wire brush and alcohol will remove it if you want.

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from compton17:

Need trying to identify the right diode for the credit switch. Was looking at mine and noticed it was missing. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Just buy 1n4007 diodes. You can use them on switches, lamps and coils.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

what is the next place to start looking? Thanks

Start by checking for voltages on the cpu. Use the ground test point on the cpu for measuring. Check the cathode of ZR-1, should be 12 volts. Check the 5 volt test point, should be 4.9 or better. Has C-30 been replaced?

#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Now it has not been replaced.

Voltages are great, replace C-30 just because.

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Is it ok that I have no battery?

Yes, but will come up adjust failure.

Quoted from Tomass:

What is the "mem protect" line on 1j14

This allows you to make changes to the game settings, must have the coin door open.

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Voltages are great, replace C-30 just because.

One step at a time.

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm rebuilding my High Speed. The manual shows all three flippers to have the same coil FL 23/600-30/2600. On my game the upper right flipper has an SFL 19/400-30/750 coil instead. Looks original.
What flipper coils do you have on your game?

Wow, someone sure wanted to get up the ramp. I'm surprised that the stock fuse doesn't burn. Oh yeah all 3 are stock on mine.

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeVarney:

. There's nothing else on that side of the relay's circuit. What should I look at next? Should I plan on replacing that big relay that powers the circuit?

Are you using a slow blow fuse? The lamp bulb can be partly shorted and draw excessive current. The relay won't cause this. The new motor may be a larger wattage then the original one, if so then move up to a 2 amp fuse.

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

#GRUMPY , Do you think I fried c30 with wrong connections or was that just a coincidence that it went at that time? Thanks again for the help!

So far I would have to say coincidence.

1 week later
#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

I have been enjoying my HS project for a while now. Since it is working, I have been playing it while I take care of other things. A little while ago the pop bumpers and slingshots died. The problem was intermittent for a few days, but now they are just not working at all. I know they are all controlled via the special solenoid section of the driver board. I did a quick check of the transistors with the playfield connectors off and the transistors appear to be OK. My Pinside and Google search is leaning towards the 7402 IC at U50. I don't want to just replace the part and see if that works. Is there a way I can verify the issue? Using the DMM in diode mode (with the parts connected to the board, but the playfield connectors removed) All of the driver transistors give me 0.6 0.0 and 0.7 from left to right with the black lead on the transistor tab and the read lead going left to right. I also have a logic probe and all the transistor leads have the same reading. Since all the bumpers and both slingshots are out, I would not expect a single transitor failure to be the cause.
I should also mention that the coils fire in coild test, but the switches to no register in switch levels.
Can any one suggest a systematic method of testing for the fault? Special solenoid failures seem to be common based on my search, but I am not finding a good troubleshooting guide.
Thanks!

The ground wire for the special solenoid switches is coming loose or the header pin for the ground wire is cracked. Remove the power supply and check the header pins on the upper connector. I don't have a manual handy so I can't give you a connector id number.

#2583 4 years ago

Does this ground apply to all solenoids, including special solenoids?

No this wire only applies to the SS switches. This is not the coil ground. Coil ground comes from the 3J4 and goes to the CPU board.

The manual shows that there is no wire here, but its wrong. There is a white wire here, which is connected to ground on the power supply. This white wire goes to the play field special solenoid activation switches. It is daisy chained from one switch to the next switch. Since all 6 SS are not working I would expect that the header pin is cracked on the power supply 3J6 pin 14. Or the white wire is not making contact when it goes thru the large connector in the cabinet.

ps (resized).pngps (resized).png
#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can I bench test to see if pops are still locked on or does it need to be in game?

Yes you can bench test if you get a computer power supply and use the 5, 12 and ground. Make a connector for 1J-17 for easy hook up and no miss connections. Once powered you can test the resistance of the TIPs from the emitter to the collector. A low resistance reading will indicate a TIP which is turned on. Check the base of the predriver and the driver to see if they are high or low. This will point you to which direction you go next.

Quoted from Tomass:

Dang, replaced c30 and still down. Only now if i put the probe on pin 40 u15 on startup I now get nothing.

You need to look over the reset circuit.

#2586 4 years ago

The white wire and the one next to it had obvious cold solder joints. A quick reflow and things are back to working!!!!

PLAYBALL!!

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

If I ground u15 pin 40 for a sec on powerup, it boots.

The 2 CPU chips and all the PIA chips have a reset pin. The reset circuit makes a low pulse that needs to last long enough for the 5 volt signal from the power supply to stabilize. Then the signal goes high and the CPU chips start running the program.

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am not getting a low or high on that pin 40 of u15. Even if I ground it to boot up, no low or high.

When using a logic probe there is 3 states, high, low and in between. When you ground the reset line (pin 40) to boot, this the same as a low pulse. Since you are not seeing any change you need to check the transistors in the reset circuit.

ttl (resized).PNGttl (resized).PNG
#2598 4 years ago

I think more than one has leaked.

be (resized).jpgbe (resized).jpg
#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Cleaned it up some. Is cap leakage like battery leakage? Meaning will it spread? Just wondering if I need to sand and neutralize the area.[quoted image]

Yes, just as bad.

#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

After 20 min cool down, it starts up.

Put your Pinbot power supply in it and retest.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It also turns on once again now that it is cool.

So it's on the CPU board. Most likely something you just repaired. A solder joint heating up and separating. You can try using a can of air held upside down so it makes cold and when the game stops working, shoot different areas of the repair to see if it starts back up.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from Becomeastranger:

then periodically after playing a handful of games, it would freeze up. Display would stick where it was or go blank, all the lamps would stay stuck where they were

This is a CPU lock up from a low 5 volt. The cause can be from a number of things like cracked header pins or a power supply that needs rebuilding.

More importantly had a friend play a game, it froze up while the ball got locked in the hideout, then when game was turned back on it tried to ball search it and didn’t kick out. Since then neither of the the hideout lock solenoids fire, nor the kickback.

The 50 volt fuse is burnt out. When the CPU locks up sometimes it may keep some solenoids energized until the fuse burns.

In solenoid test mode you can hear a light click when it tries for both hideout kick outs and the kick back.

This is the relay for each 50 volt solenoid clicking, nothing wrong here but the fuse.

Checking out the backbox everything visually looked alright, other than this one corner of the power supply board. Looks like the wires have a little space and have burnt in a bit.

Normal for the GI wires of this age to burn, someone has already repaired it and replaced the wires as the originals were yellow.

Could a hard slap save be enough to cause them to not make full contact momentarily and cause the freezing problem?

NO.

#2630 4 years ago

Grumpy, thank you so much for all this info, you've definitely given me a great start. Will go back in with a multimeter and trace down the blown fuse, as well as touching up any questionable solder caps on the CPU and hopefully will be on the right track. Will report back!

There is a single fuse holder near the bottom of the back box for this.

3 weeks later
#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I just purchased a new knocker however there is no diode on the coil. I assume there should be one however I could not find the coil in the schematics in the instruction manual. Could someone verify that the knocker coil has a diode. Thanks much.

A early system 11 game like this will always have a diode on the coils. There should be a red and a brown/violet wire for this coil. The red wire is the power wire and should go to the silver band of the diode.

g (resized).PNGg (resized).PNG
1 week later
#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

The stock beacon also blows the 1A fuse. I fitted a 2A fuse (I think grumpy recommended it) and it has been fine since.

2 amp is OK, but I wouldn't go any higher. If a 2 amp doesn't work, let me know and I can show you how to run an extra power supply for it.

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

grumpy the light blew the 2 amp fuse I will beep some help getting more power.

You are going to need a power supply like this. Something around 100 watts. Then you will need to pull the input wire off of the fuse block for the mars lamp and replace it with the positive from the new power supply. You will need to ground the negative wire from the new power supply to the ground braid connection in the backbox.
Then plug the new power supply into the service outlet under the playfield. Last thing would be to move the black wire for the service outlet from the unswitched side of the fuse to the switched side so the power supply will turn on and off with the machine.

ebay.com link: Mean Well GST90A24 P1M 24 Volt 3 75 Amp 90 Watt Regulated Switching Table Top Po

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

I'm getting my power supply today and i am going to install it later tonight what size fuse should i put in for the light then?

I would use a 3 amp slow blow fuse.

3 weeks later
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Likewise, I believe this grey/ yellow goes to the outside and the blue to the middle. But would like to be certain.[quoted image]

Why don't you try to solve this yourself. Which wire goes to the switch? The switch is ground. Which wire has power? Power always goes to the band side of diodes. The ground is always opposite of the power wire. As for the EOS switch, one wire goes to the middle and the other goes to the ground wire.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Sorry, I don't like asking for help

I don't mean it like that, what I mean is if you look at it like I described you will know how to do this on any machine from now on.

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Oh well, not the cabinet switch I guess.

99% of all weak flippers is a poorly adjusted EOS switch.

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, thats what I have read. At this point it barely has any gap when fully engaged and there seems to be good tension on it at rest as well.

Clean the contacts. Make sure that they touch each other squarely.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Maybe I will swap parts to identify exacly the cause later but thanks to everyone for the help....once again!

Not necessary, if you want to test the EOS switch then connect a jumper wire across both contacts. This will short out the EOS switch basically removing it from the circuit. Now test it during a game, but DO NOT HOLD the flipper up or you will burn the fuse. If after you test you find no difference in flipper power then it can be a coil issue, but it you find there is more power then you need to concentrate on the EOS switch.

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Is there any thing gained in this?

The only gain is that the EOS switch contacts will last longer because you will need to add a capacitor in parallel with the EOS. As far as the return spring goes, this can be done to any Williams flipper regardless of which coil is used.

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I know my weak coil is reading 2 ohms and should only be reading 1 ohm. I assume that is gonna be a coil problem.

When testing very low ohms like this, there can be different readings from one DMM to another. Don't be so sure that this is a problem.

#2729 4 years ago

One of these 3 coils will be your problem, unless you are having a low 5 volts at the CPU board. Run solenoid test and lock on each of these coils for @ 10 cycles, keeping an eye on the fuse. You may see it start to glow while in test but not blow.

1hs (resized).PNG1hs (resized).PNG
1 week later
#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Flipping the flippers caused fuse to go and put up scrambled displays.

Replace the diodes on the flipper coils. Also measure the 5 volts on the cpu board. Let me know what you find.

#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The rubber on my upper flipper is slowly getting cut by the metal ball guide. It’s aligned as it seemingly should be, and might even be a touch low. Is this normal?

Coil stops and or plungers are wearing out. Or the incorrect coil stops were installed.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Could also need new flipper bushing. Check that your flipper bushing is mounted solid as well, no loose screws.

Yes sir, this can also be a very big possibility.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him.

Was it the left or right?

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A friend was playing my HS on location and said when he rolled over a lit special it tilted on him.

Was he on a single ball? What kind of tilt was it?

1 month later
#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

You need to check for continuity from the other wire on the cabinet switch to the connector on the CPU board.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just for giggles I switched my wiring like the my pic below and flipper still does work during game play.

I don't see any difference other then 2812 has a cap installed across the EOS switch. Caps were not installed on series wound coils tho.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The switch wires are going to different lugs

Do you mean that the EOS wires are reversed? If so it doesn't matter.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

it is just the upper flipper that is not operating

Sorry I missed that.

Quoted from woody76:

checked continuity from cabinet switch to coil and it is good.

Sometimes you have continuity but it wont pass any current (poor connection). What happens when you ground the Black/yellow wire at the cab switch?

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

did this and the coil fired

Quoted from woody76:

did this and tested good, pin 1 on J19 to the coil and pressed the cabinet switch in and it has continuity.

The only thing left is the cabinet switch contacts are too worn or dirty to work.

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yea, I cleaned them several times.

Just jumper it with an alligator clip to see if it flips. Then you will know for sure.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

What is the most likely cause if none of my special solenoids are firing

You have lost the ground for the switch inputs. It is grounded on the power supply at 3J-6 pin 14 (white wire).

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Rottendog board looks good but PIA light is not on, would that be part ofthe same issue?

If the RD cpu is working the rest of the solenoids, then this not part of the same issue. Look at the power supply connector 3J6 for a white wire on the right hand side of the connector. It may have come loose from the connector.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

now I know, I have never had one fail like this. I have always cleaned them up and they work again.

Replace both and enjoy nice strong flippers. Playball!

1 week later
#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

if i waterslide decal those inserts do I need to clear

Yes.

Quoted from ViperJelly:

Otherwise I will leave as is.

This is what I did 27 years ago on mine. Just wax it every year.

1 week later
#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Connectors all seem fine. Power supply checked+12.58 and -14.73. Played a game while monitoring + voltage on power supply only dropped .2 t the most. The sound started saying partial phrases(things it shouldn't at this point of the game) then ball kicked out to the plunger, displays when out and flippers died at same time. No fuses blown. Turn game off and on and all work again until it happens again.

What does the 5 volts measure?

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Logic power pins all 4.9 and +12.64, -14.76.

Can you check the 5 volts again, while testing it switch your DMM to AC volts and tell me what you read?

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Do I have the correct screw?

Yes this is the correct screw. The screw further up is not correct.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Ok, 4.96dc then flipped switch to ac got .5 and it drops to 0.

You might have a cracked header pin or a broken diode on a coil. Can you remove the power supply and post a pic of the back side of the board?

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Sure, here you go.

You have a very nice original power supply that should be recapped at a minimum. Look very carefully at the pins that are mark in orange especially the red ones for cracked solder joints. Reflow them with solder if needed.

It's hard to tell on the cabinet switch pic but it looks like the round disc has broken away from the switch, this a cap to reduce arcing of the contacts. You can just resolder it back together.

The pics of the lower flippers shows that someone has upgraded the coils to parallel coils. But the red coil is missing one of the diodes. This can be causing the issues that you are experiencing. You need the add one just like the yellow coil. Buy a 1n4007 diode for this, I would buy a pack of 50 as you will use them in a lot of places in the machine. Also when the person converted to parallel flipper coils they did not install caps on the EOS switches, you should buy some and install them as they make the EOS switches last longer. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C2.2M250VA-NP

On your last pic of the upper flipper someone has installed a incorrect replacement coil. It is a series coil like the game came with but it is not the correct windings which will affect the power. You can either install the original type and size coil or you can upgrade to a parallel coil like the coils below. All 3 coils on High Speed should be the same power.

hsps (resized).jpghsps (resized).jpg
#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Resoldered cap to cabinet switch a lower right flipper is constant on. Unsoldered and back to normal.

So the cap shorted out and someone cut it loose and didn't replace it. Must have been a cost issue!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C.01M500VR

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Also upper flipper coil leaf switch has no diode, like the bottom two have. Is this correct?

The lower flippers have 2 switches each, the upper has only one. This is normal. The switch in the red circle is the EOS switch. The switch in the yellow circle is the lane change switch, it is part of the switch matrix, that's why it has a diode on it. It allows the game to put in your high scores.

hs (resized).jpghs (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Could someone explain to me the purpose of Ceramic resistors.

The resistors drop the voltage down to a safe voltage for the flash bulbs. If you don't replace that resistor then a pair of flash bulbs will not work. These are easily found at Marco's.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Is it due to the heat dissipation?
Can a carbon film resistor be used in its place?

Carbon film resistors can be used in lower wattage (2 watts and below) circuits. Ceramic resistors can easily handle up to around 50 watts, and are inexpensive to make. This makes this type ideal for this use.

2 weeks later
#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone know what this big ceramic resistor is for?

It looks like a flash lamp resistor board.

Can I operate HS safely without it?

Yes but a pair of flash bulbs will not work.

Can’t find a source for this one immediately.

That isn't the correct resistor for this game. It wouldn't cause any issues tho, just a bit dimmer bulb. You need this for replacement.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/R10W5

#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Anyone know if the original style pop bumper caps are available anywhere?
The ones that Pinball Resource has don't have the radial lines around the outside edge, and no one else seems to have anything.

Classic Arcades on eBay.

1 week later
#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from detroitzoran:

I don't want to inadvertently be creating another issue on the game.

Each pair of flasher bulbs has one warming resistor. So the blue inserts have 4 pairs of bulbs and four resistors. There should be a pair of red flashers on the left and the right side and a pair at the top of the play field. And 2 more pairs on the insert board. That would be a total of 9 resistors that need to be disconnected.

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from detroitzoran:

However, it doesn't work during game play at any point.

You need to light the inlanes. Then you need run the inlane and then the freeway, this will light a freeway bonus. Do this 5 times to light the extra ball. Then collect the extra ball by going into the eject hole. This will light the drive again lamp.

#2988 4 years ago

Any ideas how I can enter/advance test mode with shorting pins? And what the heck could be wrong?

Is the connector hooked up to the CPU 1J14? Is the harness connected to the coin door?

#2990 4 years ago

Yep both connectors are good!

For all the switches to not work, I would check continuity of the white wire from the switches to the cpu board.

#2992 4 years ago

There’s a solid green ground that goes from the coin door test buttons to ??? J14 has no green...

Did it get pulled out of the connector?

Also: Start button works in test, but won’t start a game. Plenty of creds. Why?!

No balls, or miss adjusted or dirty ball switch.

#2995 4 years ago

and no special solenoids are working (ugh).

Do they work in solenoid test?

#2998 4 years ago

Sooo shiny!!!

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

really looking at the Power Control board... I am scared of my pinball machine.

I can fix this for you or will buy it from you to fix for someone else.

The simple fix should be to just add a supplemental potentiometer

No you can replace the current pot with a larger resistance one. This way there is only one to adjust and still looks original.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the mylar by the right drop... maybe some glue...

Just remove it and clean off the glue then apply a new piece of mylar.

I did notice that since I leveled the machine when the ball pops from the capture hole to feed the right flipper, it tends to bounce off of the side rail and make the ramp shot about impossible.

Adjust the flipper out away from the side a bit until the ball rolls smooth down the side.

#3022 4 years ago

I will definitely look into a larger pot.

See what size yours is, I probably have a larger size I could send you.

I have heard bad things about pulling mylar on system 11's. I did it on a Whitewater, but I'm worried about pulling paint on a High speed. Anyone have experience with this one?

I took off all the mylar on mine, I took my time and had no problems. But system 11 mylar glue is a pain in the ass to remove.

The problem isn't the ball rolling off of the flipper, it is the ball edjecting from the out hole and bouncing off of the railing.

How much slope does your game have, the steeper the game the quicker the ball will roll to rail.

2 weeks later
#3065 4 years ago

Now it doesn't boot. When I say that, I mean the lights come on everywhere but the display, and pushing the start button does nothing.

Most likely have a bad 5 volt or 12 volt from the power supply. It needs to be rebuilt before it causes more damage.

3 weeks later
#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Still at a complete loss on why so many solenoids are out all of a sudden

Have you checked for power at the non working coils.

#3105 4 years ago

No voltage on any of those during solenoid test as far as I can tell.

Voltage should be there all the time. Either you disconnected a power wire, you have a bad fuse/fuse holder, cracked header pin on the power supply or a loose pin on one of the big molex connectors for the play field.

#3109 4 years ago

Plugs all look fine and I don't see anything 'off'

Test each of these pins (4-8) for voltage.

ps (resized).PNGps (resized).PNG
#3111 4 years ago

My pops and slings age tied to that F4 fuse, NOT F2. Isn't F2 supposed to be for 'specialty' solenoids (which slings and pops are supposed to be.. Right)?

There are a lot of errors in the manual. But what I know is there are 3 red solenoid power wires on pins 6,7 and 8. And 1 red/white solenoid power wire on pin 4. All 4 of these wires need to have 28-34 volts DC on them.

#3113 4 years ago

I only got voltage measurements on the lugs of the coil for slings when they were actually firing..?

You need to only have one test lead on the coil and the other should be on the ground braid, then you will read power all the time. Now check the coils that don't work for voltage.

#3115 4 years ago

I didn't strip fresh wire though, maybe I should have

No it's not that. Look at the big molex connectors you disconnected to remove the play field. When you put them back together one of the pins may have been pushed out.

#3117 4 years ago

There's a break somewhere.

Post some pics of the play field.

#3161 4 years ago

This is a GI connector and wont stop it from booting. This is not in the same spot as the original board.

hs ps (resized).jpghs ps (resized).jpg
#3174 4 years ago

Making some progress but that kickback

Do you hear the relay clicking on coil test?

#3177 4 years ago

Nope, not that I hear.

Look at the relay next to the kicker, Check the brown wire for 28 volts DC.

#3179 4 years ago

I think you have found the issue.

#3181 4 years ago

Unless it being unhooked broke something.

Relay wont work if resistor is disconnected.

I'm assuming it solders on to the terminal with the brown wires, right?

I need a better pic angle to know for sure but I think it hooks to the red. Manual says brown on one relay and red on another. So many errors in the manual.

#3183 4 years ago

Seemed to line up best with brown so that's what I went

Does the relay click in coil test now?

I did check the purple/yellow wire (on the coil lug itself) and got 0V

Where did you have the black lead?

#3187 4 years ago

looks like all I have left is to figure out the flashers.

Use 2 known good bulbs, then run coil test. You can test the bulbs with a 9 volt battery and a jumper wire.

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Better picture. Going back to rebuilt stock ...

In the meantime try pushing this pin into the connector more with a small screwdriver.

ee (resized).jpgee (resized).jpg
#3196 4 years ago

I might have to revise how I'm approaching securing the screw there. It doesn't seem to want to screw in terribly tightly and that's allowing it to flex.

Put some wood glue in the hole and then take a wooden toothpick and break it in half and put both pointed ends in the hole. Then give them a wack from a hammer and let it dry over night. Cut off excess with Xacto knife. Replace screw and tighten as normal.

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I was unable find 15 pin or larger connectors.

PM me with what you need as I might have it.

#3221 4 years ago

I have a 15 pin female housing but no male. What type of others did you need?

IMG_20200317_173121 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_173121 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_173130 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_173130 (resized).jpg
#3227 4 years ago

You need a male 12 pin. And a 4 pin. My 4 pins are different then yours.

IMG_20200317_175205 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_175205 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_175301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200317_175301 (resized).jpg
#3228 4 years ago

I opened up my HS and checked the 12 pin for fit. Like a glove. But like I said my 4 pin connectors are different, no go.

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Actually I AM looking for .62 size in the 15 and 24

I thought you were looking for the .093 size. Most of my connectors are .093 size. I rechecked my stash and didn't have the 15 pin in the small size. Sorry.

#3243 4 years ago

They're trash. Never again.
I was really hoping to be able to solder the new leads in without removing the bottom pop assembly.. But clearly that's not realistic. So I'll start down that path, one by one, I guess.

Use these sockets.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5020-00

#3247 4 years ago

Dammit grumpy, stop being so amazing. Those are way better than what I had in my cart, and about half as expensive as well. Thanks!

They are great, they screw down with the pop housing and are lower profile so bulbs won't melt the pop cap. Flexible wires don't break off like the rigid ones do. A win all around.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Do you have a connector I could get from you or a part number? What size pins? Thanks.

12 pin male connector .093 size. Yes I have the connector and pins, do you have a crimping tool?

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have a ratcheting one that I use for edge connectors. Same tool?

That should work just fine.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

grumpy may have some ideas as well.

Both are special solenoids so switch test is no help. But run coil test and let us know the outcome.

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

These two solenoids do not have any common activation matrix wiring that I could see in the schematics and matrix so each would have a problem unique to its own circuit correct

What you are seeing in the matrix are the score switches not the activation switches. The activation switches go directly to the logic chip to turn on the predrivers.

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Ok. Ran test and all working with exception of
Left Kicker and LL Jet Bumper.

That is special solenoids #1 and #4. Q-75 and Q-69 are the drive transistors. If you get a jumper wire and connect one side to the ground braid and the other side briefly touch to the metal tab of each transistor with the power on, do the coils fire now?

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

During the Solenoid test 1-16 don't fire, but 17 through 22 do. Where exactly on the CPU do I find 1P11 and 1P12?

hs i (resized).PNGhs i (resized).PNG
#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Going back to stock board

So when I was looking thru my spares for a replacement power supply for you, guess what I found. I found you an original High Speed game power supply. I put in new caps, bridge rectifier, diodes, 12 pin wafer connector and all new fuses. Reflowed all header pins. And I will run it for 2 hours tomorrow to make sure all is good. What are the chances that the serial numbers match?

#3299 4 years ago

So shiny!

IMG_20200322_233149 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_233149 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_233220 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_233220 (resized).jpg
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

How would I go about testing a TIP transistor?

You can test with an DMM.

Quoted from rickyrooroo:

This one looks badly repaired or busted on mine Q15.

Post a pic.

Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Would that cause coil tests 1-16 to fail?

A burnt fuse.

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Wanna have right tools in hand when i make the drive to test it all out.

Yes this will work but you only need a couple.

1 week later
#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Has anyone done the series to parallel conversion on the flashers to allow the #89 LED bulbs to be installed?
Coin Taker offers #63 bulbs in LED but no colors. These are Stern specific but I want to add color.
Comet only has #89.
If someone has done the conversion, have you used 5 SMD #89 bulbs in the flashers and are they blinding?
I want the lifespan of LEDs but do not want to burn out my retinas when playing. I once played a F14 and had to walk away because it was just too bright.
I do realize that I can install incandescent 89s and the will last longer but I am also looking to add color.
Thanks
Cliff

No need to rewire the bulbs into parallel unless you are looking for brighter flashers. I normally use 5 smd flasher bulbs unless they are behind the backglass then I use flat 8 smd bulbs. All you need to do is remove the ground wire from the resistors and install the #89 leds. Enjoy.

#3375 4 years ago

Right now I think the worst symptom is that it's registering ramps when I hit the ramp hard with the ball--regardless of whether I actually make the ramp or not. The first switch is gapped too closely I'm assuming.

Most likely the gold coating is either worn off or someone cleaned them incorrectly and removed the gold coating. So you didn't get a switch registration, so you then gapped them closer. After you fiddle with them they work for a short period and then stop registering again. Rinse and repeat until you have no more hair left to pull out.

You need new switches! There not available you say. You can make WPC EOS switches work instead.

begging for a primer on researching the lamp matrix issues

PinWiki has info on this. I would start by disconnecting the play field connectors from the cpu board and then test the cpu board pins first. If it checks out then you know your issue is on the play field.

#3377 4 years ago

According to the manual only the following should have actually been lit during this test. Does that mean that ALL the lamps that are lit in error here have issues (bad diodes, etc)?

I'm not sure how you are doing this test, I would need more details.

#3379 4 years ago

This test does show that there is a play field issue but does rule out possible board issue as well.

Row 1, 3, and 8 are on at the same time. It might help to disconnect the GI lighting connector from the power supply so you only see the lamps that are stuck on. Lift the play field and look for a short on the lamps that are lit. The bonus lamps around the circle are connected together with a metal bar, see if any diodes have been bent over and touching the metal.

#3381 4 years ago

You got row 1 unshorted. Keep looking on the last 16 lights for a short.

#3386 4 years ago

What's next for testing so I can pinpoint it?

Make sure that the transistors right above the connectors are not touching each other.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Ok need some help please....
Just checking over the flipper power board and came across this...
[quoted image][quoted image]
Is D1 a diode or a jumper, as on the board it states Diode yet in the manual it could be W1, but it's not clear as the markings don't match up.
Thank you for any help...oh if it is a diode what type please

It's a jumper for this game.

#3413 4 years ago

Ayyyyyy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What ever you bumped into under the play field has fixed your lamp matrix problem.

2 weeks later
#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Can some one please tell me if the left and right lower red lights come on when the upper left and right lights do, as mine don't. When I earth Q17 just the upper left one comes on. Same with the right when I earth Q8.

The 2 top flashers (yellow) come on as a pair.
The 2 left flashers (red) come on as a pair.
The 2 right flashers (red) come on as a pair.

hs (resized).PNGhs (resized).PNGhs1 (resized).PNGhs1 (resized).PNG
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Also when the police light comes on in attract mode, might do when playing to not sure. The relay on the power board clicks until the light stops, but if I earth Q24 the relay don't make any noises. bit weird

I think in attract mode when the beacon turns on the GI lamps also turns off. You are hearing the GI relay turning off which turns the GI back on.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Also when the police light comes on in attract mode, might do when playing to not sure. The relay on the power board clicks until the light stops, but if I earth Q24 the relay don't make any noises. bit weird

I think in attract mode when the beacon turns on the GI lamps also turns off. You are hearing the GI relay turning off which turns the GI back on.

Quoted from LGFAutos:

Also just tried SW1 with no sound, tones at all, but when I push SW2 just before it goes back to attract mode I hear a very faint beep. Which gets less if I turn the volume down. Could that be the amp at U9 (MC1458) on the sound board?

SW1/SW2 have nothing to do with the background sound board. They are for the CPU board.

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Strange why only the top flasher works each side.

Are these led bulbs.

Quoted from LGFAutos:

All the resistor boards have the same voltage across the long resistor except the one right at the back of the pf.

This is the resistor for the top play field flashers. Voltage on one side of the resistor indicates a bad resistor.

Quoted from LGFAutos:

Any thoughts on why I have no sound

Have you checked the ground wire for the background sound board? Have you checked the header pins for cracked solder joints?

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

As for the sound board....Have reflowed the pins, yes there is earth on the black pin 2 wire at J3. i have checked J1 and I have -10vdc at pin 1 and earth at pin 2, coming from the cpu which doesn't change if I turn the volume pot up or down. So checked U5 on the cpu and i have +5v pin 8 and -12v pin 4 for the feeds, but if i'm reading it properly the rest of the inputs are all -voltages, ranging from -10 to -12vdc. It states that one should be +v and one -v's. i just can't find out what that amp should be doing or U4 which feeds it.

You need to figure out which board is stopping the sound. To do this you have to separate the cpu and sound board from each other. If you remove the jumper cable from 1J-16 and move the volume control cable from 11J-2 onto 1J-16. Now you can run the cpu sound test. If you get the sounds from the cpu, then your sound board U-9 is the problem.

#3458 3 years ago

I still have yet to ever get my back flashers to do anything post-hardtop.

Easy fix, check for voltage on both wires of both flasher bulb sockets. If 28-32 dc volts on all 4 wires then test the resistor under the play field. If resistor is good then ground the metal tab of Q-79, do the flashers light up? If so you have a CPU board issue, if not you have a wiring issue on the blue/black wire between the resistor board and the CPU board.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from bobkasprzyk:

what is the disk attached to the wires

This is a capacitor to suppress sparks on the switch contacts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
609 posts in this topic match your search for posts by grumpy. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/1?tu=grumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.