(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,330 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pacman11
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 907 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200329-180841 (resized).png
IMG_20200326_144029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200326_144046 (resized).jpg
HSPost.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20200325_164828 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_144954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_142600 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_124337 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200325_124332 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_233220 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_233149 (resized).jpg
hs i (resized).PNG
PFB_Playfield_hinge (resized).JPG
PFB_Hing-R (resized).JPG
IMG_4891 (resized).JPG

There are 3330 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I'm thinking also, bay be a blue or silver. Mark what say you?

I think I misread. It has never crossed my mind that the ball could get out on the right side. You must be getting a hell of a shot out of the shooter. A weaker spring might be needed for yours. Is the ball getting air as it reaches the top of the ramp? Rattling around??? Any chance you could get a video of it? Adjusting the angle out of the shooter might help as well.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I'm thinking also, bay be a blue or silver. Mark what say you?

I think I misread. It has never crossed my mind that the ball could get out on the right side. You must be getting a hell of a shot out of the shooter. A weaker spring might be needed for yours. Is the ball getting air as it reaches the top of the ramp? Rattling around??? Any chance you could get a video of it? Adjusting the angle out of the shooter might help as well.

#903 5 years ago

With the red in the ball just fly's up and around the ramp so fast it's spooky. Tried a silver and sometimes it doesn't even make it half way. I've tried adjusting the trajectory all kinds of dif. ways to the point where the ball hits either the left or right side of the ramp entrance, bounces back and forth a couple of times then rolls down the pf. Then the up kick in back started up-kicking 7 times with no ball in it at game start-up. Started game, shot the hole and the ball just sat there and didn't eject until it went into auto ball search then it kicked the ball out. So to check the switch, lifted the pf found nothing wrong, put pf back down, started game, lights came on, put balls in but they would not advance in trough. Took balls out, lifted pf, checked all connections, found no problems, put pf down, started game but balls still would not register in the trough and the kicker stopped trying to kick out a ball when no ball is in it, pressed game start button but only got engine trying to start sound. All fusses are good too. This is REALLY starting to piss me off.

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With the red in the ball just fly's up and around the ramp so fast it's Spooky. Tried a silver and sometimes it doesn't even make it half way. I've tried adjusting the trajectory all kinds of dif. ways to the point where the ball hits either the left or right side of the ramp entrance, bounces back and forth a couple of times then rolls down the pf. Then the up kick in back started up-kicking 7 times with no ball in it at game start-up. Started game, shot the hole and the ball just sat there and didn't eject until it went into auto ball search then it kicked the ball out. So to check the switch, lifted the pf found nothing wrong, put pf back down, started game, lights came on, put balls in but they would not advance in trough. Took balls out, lifted pf, checked all connections, found no problems, put pf down, started game but balls still would not register in the trough and the kicker stopped trying to kick out a ball when no ball is in it, pressed game start button but only got engine trying to start sound. All fusses are good too. This is REALLY starting to piss me off.

Geez...Gremlins. Any chance your wire extensions for your stop light have shorted? That's really the only thing you would have done electronically. Have you run the switch edges test to see if the switches are registering? Was looking at the switch matrix in the manual and the escape hole and the ball trough switches are all in the same column.

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With the red in the ball just fly's up and around the ramp so fast it's Spooky. Tried a silver and sometimes it doesn't even make it half way. I've tried adjusting the trajectory all kinds of dif. ways to the point where the ball hits either the left or right side of the ramp entrance, bounces back and forth a couple of times then rolls down the pf. Then the up kick in back started up-kicking 7 times with no ball in it at game start-up. Started game, shot the hole and the ball just sat there and didn't eject until it went into auto ball search then it kicked the ball out. So to check the switch, lifted the pf found nothing wrong, put pf back down, started game, lights came on, put balls in but they would not advance in trough. Took balls out, lifted pf, checked all connections, found no problems, put pf down, started game but balls still would not register in the trough and the kicker stopped trying to kick out a ball when no ball is in it, pressed game start button but only got engine trying to start sound. All fusses are good too. This is REALLY starting to piss me off.

PM Sent. Call me.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

pressed game start button but only got engine trying to start sound

This is interesting. I assume you had your game set for free play. Generally when you press the start button and all you get is the engine attempting to start, that means the game is not set in free play and wants credits. Check to see if you are still set for free play. If not, and it was set for free play, check your batteries.

#907 5 years ago

Big thanks to Freeplay40 today, with his help we narrowed my problem down to a bad up-kick switch so new one is on order.

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Big thanks to Freeplay40 today, with his help we narrowed my problem down to a bad up-kick switch so new one is on order.

Was fun talking to you. Glad we could find a culprit for your game woes...

#909 5 years ago

OK...On another subject. I recently did a High Speed playfield swap on my own machine and am just starting to do one for my friend. My playfield was in pretty bad shape, however his is in pretty good shape. So, if anyone is interested in a used HS playfield I can take offers for him. I can provide photos now of the playfield still in the machine and probably in a couple weeks (Have to do the NW Pinball show in the interim) I could provide photos of the playfield stripped. Has a few wear spots up top and I know of a few raised inserts under mylar, but those could be fixed pretty easily.

#910 5 years ago

BAM! Clear Ramp installed, yellowed up the stop light. relocated the stop light, LED's, clean polished, rebuilt several mechanics, Thanks Freeplay40!!!

14140218167_6972193a1c_b.jpg
#911 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

BAM! Clear Ramp installed, yellowed up the stop light. relocated the stop light, LED's, clean polished, rebuilt several mechanics, Thanks Freeplay40!!!
14140218167_6972193a1c_b.jpg 136 KB

Yellow Stoplight, of course !!! Epic.
-mof

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh, Yeah. Next photo you see of mine will have the yellow stop light!

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Oh, Yeah. Next photo you see of mine will have the yellow stop light!

some one said they were going to use the one from hs2 .whould that even fit? I thought it was a lot bigger.

#914 5 years ago

Obvious question -- what's a good match for the yellow?
My goal will be to match the golden yellow on the CPR PF. I hope the one for the stoplight on the PF is the same yellow in the tachometer...
-mof

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

oh man ya gotta take the glass off and take another pict. That looks terrible.

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

oh man ya gotta take the glass off and take another pict. That looks terrible.

Honestly, ya, glass off, game on, let's see how this thing really looks.
-mof

#917 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Honestly, ya, glass off, game on, let's see how this thing really looks.
-mof

I've been talking with him today. He is still suffering from locked on coils as soon as he turns it on. We discussed his issues and I believe he has a failed, maybe 2, 7402 chip(s) which are the next in line after the transistors. I happen to have some and will be sending him 6 TIP 102 transistors and 2 7402 chips and sockets. He has spent many hours getting the machine put together, but can't play it yet.

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

can't play it yet.

Ohhhhh rats. thanks for the full picture!
-mof

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

some one said they were going to use the one from hs2 .whould that even fit? I thought it was a lot bigger.

I don't think it would fit. HS2 has a deeper playfield than High Speed. There is some room, but I would guess no more than 3/8" additional could fit. I'm going to play around with it after the Pinball Show. Maybe we can come up with something that can be a little larger and use our existing hardware, possibly expanded a little for a larger light.

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've been talking with him today. He is still suffering from locked on coils as soon as he turns it on. We discussed his issues and I believe he has a failed, maybe 2, 7402 chip(s) which are the next in line after the transistors. I happen to have some and will be sending him 6 TIP 102 transistors and 2 7402 chips and sockets. He has spent many hours getting the machine put together, but can't play it yet.

Oh I see thanks Mark.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I don't think it would fit. HS2 has a deeper playfield than High Speed. There is some room, but I would guess no more than 3/8" additional could fit. I'm going to play around with it after the Pinball Show. Maybe we can come up with something that can be a little larger and use our existing hardware, possibly expanded a little for a larger light.

Well you could put it sideways, after all Iowa has sideways traffic lights. ...or is that Wisconsin.

#922 5 years ago

I couldn't help it... I unplugged the problem solenoids to get a few good pics of my hard work, check it out
Thank you Mark, you've been a ton of help already and I haven't even played it

14148266918_4789063cf8_b.jpg 14148267498_68bf548345_b.jpg 14334179014_7f49d7c13d_b.jpg
#923 5 years ago

Damn, that looks good! Nice work. Your parts will be in the mail in the morning.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Damn, that looks good! Nice work. Your parts will be in the mail in the morning.

Coming from one of the best, that's a great compliment! Thank you

#925 5 years ago

My game with the new ramp goes to the NW Pinball show in the morning. But, I just had to paint that stop light before she goes! Also, you can't see it very well in the photo, but I put super bright LED's in the stop light. Really pops now!

Yellow Stop Light.JPG

#926 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

My game with the new ramp goes to the NW Pinball show in the morning. But, I just had to paint that stop light before she goes! Also, you can't see it very well in the photo, but I put super bright LED's in the stop light. Really pops now!

Yellow Stop Light.JPG 97 KB

Have fun and come back with empty boxes and money in your pockets.

#927 5 years ago

Which Shooter Spring are you guys using?

I've got the red one installed at the moment from marco spec. it feels a little too strong.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've got the red one installed at the moment from marco spec. it feels a little too strong.

Mine red with clear ramp and works well. You could try some weaker ones but red is what the stock game calls for to make it up the ramp.

#929 5 years ago

Ya on the red spring on shooter rod, when I had HS my daughter had a heck of a time pulling the shooter rod all the way out as it was aalot of tension, but its what is suppose to be the one to use.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yellow Stop Light.JPG 97 KB

You done a great job with the ramp and now the stop light.

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mine red with clear ramp and works well. You could try some weaker ones but red is what the stock game calls for to make it up the ramp.

That reminds me what holds the spring on? is it an E clip? does anyone know what size or a part number for it. thanks

#931 5 years ago

Heads up! A friend of mine (biglaw) is selling a cool mod that could possibly work for High Speed? Check it out!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-getaway-police-cars-little-different-verison
I could see this working well outside of the game if there isn't enough room on the playfield.

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

That reminds me what holds the spring on? is it an E clip? does anyone know what size or a part number for it. thanks

Just an e clip. Don't know the size, I just took my rod down to the hardware store.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Heads up! A friend of mine (biglaw) is selling a cool mod that could possibly work for High Speed? Check it out!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-getaway-police-cars-little-different-verison
I could see this working well outside of the game if there isn't enough room on the playfield

There's these too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-police-cars-mezelmods
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-led-lighted-police-car-mods-4-sale

#934 5 years ago

The NW Pinball Show opened today. Just had to put my High Speed with the new clear ramp in the show. Asked Steve Richie to stop by and take a look at a modification I did to it. He said let's go see it right now. He was very impressed with the new ramp. Even asked if he could play it. Uh, of course. Hit the ramp on his first try.

SR2a.jpg SR3.JPG SR4.JPG
#935 5 years ago

I forgot to mention. He thought some sort of decal would be great. I mentioned toyotaboy's idea for a roadbed and he really liked that idea.

#936 5 years ago

WOW!!! That is sooooo cool the King himself approves your homemade ramp. I'm soooo happy for you Mark. Have someone take your picture at your booth set-up. To bad you couldn't have the game by the booth. How are sales going? Very much interest?

#937 5 years ago

I don't have a booth although I did have an assembled one sitting in my son's booth. I'm a low key guy. I put a note on the machine to contact me if interested. Was standing talking to some folks at the machine and a guy said he was doing a restoration on a High Speed right now and might be interested in the ramp. Gave me his card and I did not read it until I got home. He's a pretty well known restorer from Canada. I did help with the show set-up on Thursday night so placed my machine on the end of a row.

Delivered two to the show(prearranged) and another guy from the show crew ran home to get his ramp. I will assemble one for him in the morning. The machine looks great and getting many compliments. All this, including you guys here on Pinside make it worth it....Thanks

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

A Steve Richie funny. While we were talking at the machine I mentioned that getting the CPR playfield dialed in had a few challenges. Told him I had a real hard time getting my shooter to give a good shot....was rattling terribly in the shooter lane. He told me how they fixed those in the factory....2 x 4 and a big hammer.

#939 5 years ago

That's awesome the you got the man himself to play your machine!!! congrats on such a cool experience!

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

He thought some sort of decal would be great. I mentioned toyotaboy's idea for a roadbed and he really liked that idea

I need to retrace the new ramp, scan it, put the artwork on.. I'll post a link for everyone to download it when it's done.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I forgot to mention. He thought some sort of decal would be great. I mentioned toyotaboy's idea for a roadbed and he really liked that idea.

I keep staring at those Steve Ritchie photos and wondering how you have such a bright back glass. I LED'd mine but it is not that bright. I did put colour changers under the cops arm patches which looks pretty cool.

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I keep staring at those Steve Ritchie photos and wondering how you have such a bright back glass. I LED'd mine but it is not that bright. I did put colour changers under the cops arm patches which looks pretty cool.

My backglass looks just a tad brighter than is actually is in the photo. Took the shot with my phone. The colors are actually much richer, especially the red in "High Speed" With the exception of the flashers, which are stock and a couple orange cheap LED's under the driver's shoulder, all the rest are blue, red, green and I think one white, super bright LED's....nothing real fancy, just the single flat ones. I'm working on another High Speed for a friend and I purchased LED's at the show today. I'll load his up with what I did to mine and post good photos with the back glass on and off.

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I also got another plug from Steve Richie about LED's. He was discussing using them selectively in older games and that he likes them tastefully done..."Like Mark's High Speed". Cool guy.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I also go another plug from Steve Richie about LED's. He was discussing using them selectively in older games and that he likes them tastefully done..."Like Mark's High Speed". Cool guy.

Looks like you made a friend.

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

So loaded up my friends game with the LED lights I bought today. I don't have his back glass here but I think this is pretty accurate to mine. Tried to take a photo with no flash. Here a link to the bulbs that were used...

http://pinballbulbs.com/clear

IMG_0457.JPG

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

In case any of you decide to relocate your stop light to the back corner, it was pretty simple. What I did was cut about a 1/4 deep notch...long enough to fit the existing bracket on the stop light, into the side of the playfield back board...right at the top. Then just used one screw to attach it (outside hole in the bracket) The natural bend in the bracket angles the light perfectly. As far as wiring, had to extend the existing wiring about a foot. Wire harness wraps around behind the back board and comes to the stop light where the notch is. I did put one wire holder on the back board near where it comes around to the stop light just to keep it secure.

Do you have any photos of this work?
-mof

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do you have any photos of this work?
-mof

Look back on page 15 towards the bottom... Photos there. I'm doing a HS playfield swap for a friend right now. For his I will make a Molex "Extension cord" for the stop light relocation. May offer them to folks going forward with the new ramp.

#948 5 years ago

Stop Light Relocation. So far with the new ramps shipped, most have opted to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner. The existing wire harness will not reach the new location. Options are to splice in wire extensions or create a 12" "extension cord". I've made one for mine and for a playfield swap I'm doing right now. This will plug right into the existing Molex plugs on your game. Can make these available with future ramp orders for $8.

Stop Light Extension.JPG
#949 5 years ago

So there is something that bugs me concerning the moving of the light.....When you finally reach the red, and you need to shoot the ramp it says something like 'run the redlight'...If you move the light to the back corner, you no longer actually 'run' the red light to start multiball.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

So there is something that bugs me concerning the moving of the light.....When you finally reach the red, and you need to shoot the ramp it says something like 'run the redlight'...If you move the light to the back corner, you no longer actually 'run' the red light to start multiball.

You can still attach it to the ramp like the original one. Just need to position it and drill the two holes. I have not drilled any of the ramps for the stop light to mount on it, just to keep the option open.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 3330 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside