(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,663 posts
  • 362 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P5280081 (resized).JPG
P5280079 (resized).JPG
P5280080 (resized).JPG
20210522_211446 (resized).jpg
20210522_211456 (resized).jpg
20210522_211515 (resized).jpg
high-speed-sanding (resized).jpg
high-speed-full (resized).jpg
high-speed-pf (resized).jpg
PXL_20210518_143316087 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210518_143312345 (resized).jpg
high_speed_led (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
6DC35F31-C659-4D52-A459-7EE314890C31 (resized).jpeg
0028D320-E463-4F23-B60B-7D3C939AF807 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4663 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 94.
#551 7 years ago

That ramp looks great!

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So... I put the ramp in the game and tried just throwing some balls up the ramp and can see that I easily have the ball flying out of the ramp under control. So now I'm going to pull back a little and probably end up about in the middle of this new ramp and the stock ramp. Probably won't be very noticeably different from the first ramp I made. I'm obsessed with this thing!

Well if this one works why go back? It looks like the ramp entrance flap might stick out onto the pf a little farther then stock.

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well if this one works why go back? It looks like the ramp entrance flap might stick out onto the pf a little farther then stock.

I'll make sure the flap matches the stock

#555 7 years ago

Is it an optical illusion that the lines on the outside rim do not look like they are lined up?

These look to be the same pic as the one on eBay (for $18.50+$5 shipping there) so probably same source. The center "W" looks to be the hot stamp, but I am thinking the outer ring of lines is just floated decal? There looks to be no relief on them and looking at the press on the eBay auction it looks like it can only do the top.

Has anyone purchased a set of these ? Are they really equal to the originals?
CP-03-7444-541SETL.jpg

#556 7 years ago

Quick question: what number & color bulb is supposed to be to the left of the outhole? Mine is a really bright green, and I stand at just the right angle where I have an unobstructed line of sight directly into it.

#557 7 years ago

Under the lane guide? Not sure I understand exactly which light you are referring to (Photo?). If it is the one under the lane guide it is just typical GI...in my case I have out in a frosted LED.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Quick question: what number & color bulb is supposed to be to the left of the outhole? Mine is a really bright green, and I stand at just the right angle where I have an unobstructed line of sight directly into it.

It must be an led, just replace with a reg. #47 bulb and forget about it. Where ever my eyes can see bulbs they remain #47 reg. bulbs, like the center stoplight targets, that bulb is directly shining towards players eyes, it remains incandescent in my HS.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Under the lane guide? Not sure I understand exactly which light you are referring to (Photo?). If it is the one under the lane guide it is just typical GI...in my case I have out in a frosted LED.

Jeff_PHX_AZ got it right. Sorry, maybe outhole was the wrong word...the escape hole. There is a bulb just left of it. Will put in a 47 and see how that goes.

#560 7 years ago

That one is just a regular GI light so 47, or 44 if you want it brighter

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

It must be an led, just replace with a reg. #47 bulb and forget about it. Where ever my eyes can see bulbs they remain #47 reg. bulbs, like the center stoplight targets, that bulb is directly shining towards players eyes, it remains incandescent in my HS.

What I was going to try was to cut a piece of frosted milk jug plastic and place it behind the targets to diffuse the light and if it works then glue it to the back of the targets ridged metal pieces. They don't move so it might work and not look to bad.

#562 7 years ago

I am looking for the pf plastic at the bottom bumper that looks like a 4 and an alpha-numeric display if anyone has these please let me know...and no I am not going to pay $22 for this NOS pf plastic! Thanx in advance.

#563 7 years ago

That is a super commonly broke plastic. I believe the repro sets came with an extra, so someone may have one to sell.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I am looking for the pf plastic at the bottom bumper that looks like a 4 and an alpha-numeric display if anyone has these please let me know

One last holler in this thread for this pf plastic and an alpha-numeric display. Thanx in advance.

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That is a super commonly broke plastic. I believe the repro sets came with an extra, so someone may have one to sell.

Nope, they only came with one in the kit. Sometimes ebay has this plastic up for sale, its usually like $30 bucks, I just checked not one on there today.

#566 7 years ago

My GI was only working on the right side, of the PF. Put the it back in the cab for testing and now all GI is. gone. FML

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

My GI was only working on the right side, of the PF. Put the it back in the cab for testing and now all GI is. gone. FML

Start with the basics, take the fuse out and test it with a DMM. Start working up chain after that

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Start with the basics, take the fuse out and test it with a DMM. Start working up chain after that

I checked all the fuses and am going to pull the pf out again after MGC. There has to be some small short across something stupid on the GI.

#569 7 years ago

New Clear Ramp update. Successfully installed a test ramp in the game today. Looks great and so far plays great. In addition to just switching to a clear ramp, my real goal was to eliminate the need for a ramp cover. So far so good. Haven't had one fly out yet. Attached are a couple photos. One with flash and one without. Think I'll take the rest of the night off.

IMG_0402a.jpg

IMG_0401a.jpg
#570 7 years ago

Wow. That ramp looks epic. I wish I'd expressed interest in buying one before now! I'm sure the line is a mile long. If not, let me know. It makes the machine look at least 5 years younger (I.e., '91 instead of '86).

Take my money?

#571 7 years ago

Very nice indeed!

#572 7 years ago

It updates the game very nicely, makes it look elegant and refined. The only big problem I see is that now you can see through the ramp and have to look at that black wall on the back of the game. That thing looks to be a moders dream. Let's see what people come up with. Maybe some mirror plex would look nice.

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It updates the game very nicely, makes it look elegant and refined. The only big problem I see is that now you can see through the ramp and have to look at that black wall on the back of the game. That thing looks to be a moders dream. Let's see what people come up with. Maybe some mirror plex would look nice.

Looks like a good spot for a billboard

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just had another idea to go with that black wall in the back left corner. Underneath the left side of the ramp there are two GI bulbs. Right now I have two frosted LED's so, it's pretty bright there. Now I'm thinking about a billboard with those GI's swapped out for spot lights. It certainly does open the game up back there as well as the potential for others to come up with mods.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Wow. That ramp looks epic. I wish I'd expressed interest in buying one before now! I'm sure the line is a mile long. If not, let me know. It makes the machine look at least 5 years younger (I.e., '91 instead of '86).
Take my money?

I've kept this pretty quiet until now and it has only been shown in this High Speed club thread. So far I think there are about 20 who have expressed interest here, so I plan to take care of everyone here first if they are still interested. It will still take me a few days to build some jigs for the cutouts. I hope to have finished ramps certainly inside of a week and will contact by PM in order of response. If anyone is curious, about a list, just look back through this thread...started on page 9.

#576 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I plan to take care of everyone here first if they are still interested.

You da man Mark. I like the idea of the billboard but what would be advertising? I wonder is a hobby store would have something like that, something for a model train set-up maybe?

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You da man Mark. I like the idea of the billboard but what would be advertising? I wonder is a hobby store would have something like that, something for a model train set-up maybe?

There is also, now, a bare flasher back there as well. Thought about just putting a dome on it through the back wall, but I'm sure there is something better we'll come up with.

#578 7 years ago

Purists: please look away.

Has anyone ever made wire ramps that deliver the balls to the inlanes instead of in front of the slings? The former seems far more civilized to me...

#579 7 years ago

I don't think so but it sounds like a good mod but would be $$$.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Purists: please look away.
Has anyone ever made wire ramps that deliver the balls to the inlanes instead of in front of the slings? The former seems far more civilized to me...

Not sure how it would effect the game scoring, but I think it would look very cool...open up the playfield more.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

New Clear Ramp update. Successfully installed a test ramp in the game today. Looks great and so far plays great. In addition to just switching to a clear ramp, my real goal was to eliminate the need for a ramp cover. So far so good. Haven't had one fly out yet. Attached are a couple photos. One with flash and one without. Think I'll take the rest of the night off.

This is a fantastic upgrade.

Now we just need an artist to create a nice ~6" long "road surface" decal for the up-ramp to cover that blinding area.

-mof

#582 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tear down pictures of their GI connections? I want to double check that I have mine wired up correctly. I thought it was, but my connector fried.

I'd just need pictures of the wires going to each set of GI bulbs, so under the two slings, and up near the hideouts and and towards the ramp.

#583 7 years ago

Try these and I'll look for more.

IMG_0331-889.JPG IMG_0332-218.JPG IMG_0333-494.JPG IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0335-590.JPG IMG_0336-252.JPG IMG_0337-621.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0341.JPG
#584 7 years ago

Found these still on the camera...

IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0364.JPG IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0375.JPG
#585 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've kept this pretty quiet until now and it has only been shown in this High Speed club thread. So far I think there are about 20 who have expressed interest here, so I plan to take care of everyone here first if they are still interested. It will still take me a few days to build some jigs for the cutouts. I hope to have finished ramps certainly inside of a week and will contact by PM in order of response. If anyone is curious, about a list, just look back through this thread...started on page 9.

I am also interested in your clear ramp. Please put me on your list. Thanks

#586 7 years ago

That clear ramp is the money $$$$!

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I am also interested in your clear ramp. Please put me on your list. Thanks

Already have you on my list at number 9!

#588 7 years ago

I am interested as well. I have an original with at least 3 taped cracks, and somehow, stupidly, forgot about the auction last night on eBay for the thicker repro that went for $75 shipped with the clear cover!!

#589 7 years ago

Put me down for a clear ramp as well!

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Put me down for a clear ramp as well!

Have you on my list already at 16

#591 7 years ago

Clear ramp update... Continue to fine tune the mold. Forming another ramp this morning to install in my machine. A surprising by product of my design... Old ramp was noisy...rattled around in the plastic.... New ramp is much quieter. Hope to have this one in the machine by late today and will send another update.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Clear ramp update... Continue to fine tune the mold. Forming another ramp this morning to install in my machine. A surprising by product of my design... Old ramp was noisy...rattled around in the plastic.... New ramp is much quieter. Hope to have this one in the machine by late today and will send another update.

Quieter? count me in.

#593 7 years ago

I'd like to confirm interest.
-mof

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Already have you on my list at number 9!

What number am I?

#597 7 years ago

Put me on the list.

#598 7 years ago

So Here's the folks that have expressed an interest in this new ramp... I may need to check spelling.

1 Mustang Paul
2 Jeff_PHX_AZ
3 Drano
4 Love2k
5 Chaos
6 Harbngr
7 Craig
8 Tonycip
9 MJW
10 toyotaboy
11 mof
12 nvu4prod
13 OTTOgd
14 Ninjaboot
15 mkoga-Ultra
16 dsuperbee
17 silver_spinner
18 silver_spinner
19 rhoggard
20 badpenny61
21 Mocean
22 Pac-Fan
23 lordloss
24 TomGWI
25 xrayman
26 eh97ac

Ordering the plastic today. Bear with me...we are very close.

#599 7 years ago

This is completely off topic, but I found it quite funny!

Took this from my truck yesterday at the Turkey Hill:

504-1.jpeg

504-2.jpeg

Chris

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So Here's the folks that have expressed an interest in this new ramp

Wow, quite the turn out! That's awesome. Can't wait to get mine!

There are 4663 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 94.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside