(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 126.
#5001 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I printed these with wood filament. I like it better than the green. I then experimented with a little sanding and wood staining. Here is one fresh off the printer next to stained version. [quoted image]

Those look great. Either one really, but the right one (stained?) looks fantastic.

#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

I’m all in, if and when you start selling them!

Yeah, I'll be adding them to pinside shop. Enough people have expressed interest. Just the plain ones though. I am not at a place in life where I have available time to sit down and hand finish scores of tiny little fake tree trunks haha. I think there are a total of 14 pieces for one game.

Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Those look great. Either one really, but the right one (stained?) looks fantastic.

Thanks! Yeah I am really happy with the way the stained ones turned out. I experimented a bit with different techniques and they key was to rough them up a bit with a dremel and green pad wheel. This also resulted in (as Bob Ross would put it) a happy accident when a couple of the thinner branches broke off. It ended up looking much more realistic that way.

#5003 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yeah, I'll be adding them to pinside shop. Enough people have expressed interest. Just the plain ones though. I am not at a place in life where I have available time to sit down and hand finish scores of tiny little fake tree trunks haha. I think there are a total of 14 pieces for one game.

Thanks! Yeah I am really happy with the way the stained ones turned out. I experimented a bit with different techniques and they key was to rough them up a bit with a dremel and green pad wheel. This also resulted in (as Bob Ross would put it) a happy accident when a couple of the thinner branches broke off. It ended up looking much more realistic that way.

I totally read that in Bob Ross voice. LOL

#5004 2 years ago

Did you do colored LED's in the back box? Really does wonders for the appearance of the Back glass. The LED flashers in the backglass are awesome

I haven't done the back box LEDs yet. Any recommendations.

#5005 2 years ago

Did you do colored LED's in the back box?

Can you post a pic?
I think my reds are a little washed out.

#5006 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I haven't done the back box LEDs yet. Any recommendations.

I'll post a pic later when I get home.

#5007 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Can you post a pic?
I think my reds are a little washed out.

I ordered the Full LED game kit from Comet Pinball (https://www.cometpinball.com/products/high-speed-led-kit)

Here is a pic of my back box lighting mostly red with natural and bright white. IMG_5570 (resized).JPGIMG_5570 (resized).JPG

I installed the Blue and red Alternating light strips that GRUMPY designed. Adds a nice animated light bar to the look.

Here is the link for that:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/29#post-2876728

#5008 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I ordered the Full LED game kit from Comet Pinball (https://www.cometpinball.com/products/high-speed-led-kit)
Here is a pic of my back box lighting mostly red with natural and bright white. [quoted image]
I installed the Blue and red Alternating light strips that GRUMPY designed. Adds a nice animated light bar to the look.
Here is the link for that:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/29#post-2876728

Pretty similar:

20211211_150333 (resized).jpg20211211_150333 (resized).jpg20211211_150355 (resized).jpg20211211_150355 (resized).jpg
#5009 2 years ago

Thanks

#5010 2 years ago

Anyone have 2 of these from High Speed they would want to sell? Also looking for a good Apron and Shooter Gauge.

16395246973637627626133762003959 (resized).jpg16395246973637627626133762003959 (resized).jpg
#5011 2 years ago

Hello,

Anyone know if Freeplay40 is still about, as I'll be needing a clear ramp soon. Tried to PM him, but it's been very quiet.

Thanks.

Jaime

#5012 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskooler:

Hello,
Anyone know if Freeplay40 is still about, as I'll be needing a clear ramp soon. Tried to PM him, but it's been very quiet.
Thanks.
Jaime

Yes, he is still around. Head over to his group, might have more info on his schedule. Lot of pinsiders who are sick right now, so don't dismiss that. Not saying he is sick, just could be a variable.

#5013 2 years ago

Yes he’s still around, just had some computer and other equipment issues. Patience, he has great stuff.

#5014 2 years ago

I'm installing a freshly hardtop PF into a local guy's HS. I have little Williams game repair experience. Two issues that weren't there prior. The saucer ejects the ball into the PF plastic and right back into the hole. Second, the ball shooter barely gets the ball up the PF.

I also have several feature lights out under the PF and it's not the bulbs as well as several switches not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

#5015 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm installing a freshly hardtop PF into a local guy's HS. I have little Williams game repair experience. Two issues that weren't there prior. The saucer ejects the ball into the PF plastic and right back into the hole. Second, the ball shooter barely gets the ball up the PF.
I also have several feature lights out under the PF and it's not the bulbs as well as several switches not working.
Any help would be appreciated.

On the ball shooter, I had this issue when I just changed the rubber tip. The spring was still just as strong but the rubber part wasn't compressed enough so I suppose it absorbed too much. I really had to push it on for the ball to be making good contact, after the adjustment it works great now.

#5016 2 years ago

Hey all, quick question. Do 455 blinker bulbs go on this game behind the back glass? If so, anyone have the locations they are supposed to be in?

#5018 2 years ago

Anyone have rubber ring schematic or list of sizes?

#5019 2 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been covered before in this thread? when I first picked up this high speed if you ran the red light and started multi ball even if you didn't make it up the ramp it waited for you to get it up the ramp to have a three ball multi ball now it seems like if you missed that shot up the ramp on ball 2 you get a two ball multi ball. It seems weird is it a setting maybe I'm neglecting? Thank you in advance!

#5020 2 years ago

Anyone have rubber ring schematic or list of sizes?

Bottom of Page 34 in the manual, which is available as PDF on IPDB if you don't have it.

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey all, quick question. Do 455 blinker bulbs go on this game behind the back glass? If so, anyone have the locations they are supposed to be in?

No. Manual doesn't show any and I have not seen or heard of anyone using 455s in High Speed.
You could if you think they would look good, but no idea where that would be.

#5022 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Bottom of Page 34 in the manual, which is available as PDF on IPDB if you don't have it.

Thank you

#5023 2 years ago

My game will give you 2 ball multiball if you do not make the ramp.

#5024 2 years ago

That's interesting because for some strange reason I don't remember that at all. I just always assumed that it was a three ball multi ball.

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

That's interesting because for some strange reason I don't remember that at all. I just always assumed that it was a three ball multi ball.

Mine sometimes misses the diverters on the ramp, so this also sometimes leads to only two ball multiball.

#5026 2 years ago

If I can get one ball on each flipper but have to let the 3rd ball drain, I’d take that every time.

#5027 2 years ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

Mine sometimes misses the diverters on the ramp, so this also sometimes leads to only two ball multiball.

This also

#5028 2 years ago

Earlier I had the left flipper fail during game play. Suddenly became weak and unresponsive. Found that the leaf switch had the tip broken off. Putting an order in with Marcos. Going to look for the proper screws. Does anyone know if I can get the "washer plate" or whatever it's called that the sheet metal screws bite into, or what size the screws are? Think they are #8 but not sure.

20211216_205240 (resized).jpg20211216_205240 (resized).jpg
#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

Does anyone know if I can get the "washer plate" or whatever it's called

Tinnerman nut.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-6516

1 week later
#5030 2 years ago

I know this has been posted before but I was going to see if maybe somebody had a different idea as to why all speech has stopped in my game. I've had this game for a month and a half no problems whatsoever seemed like it was taken good care of, no acid damage on the boards the batteries aren't on them either and all of a sudden one day in between games all speech has stopped. I know with electronics that anything can happen but has anybody had their speech ROMs just fail like that?

#5031 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I know this has been posted before but I was going to see if maybe somebody had a different idea as to why all speech has stopped in my game. I've had this game for a month and a half no problems whatsoever seemed like it was taken good care of, no acid damage on the boards the batteries aren't on them either and all of a sudden one day in between games all speech has stopped. I know with electronics that anything can happen but has anybody had their speech ROMs just fail like that?

Re-seat your data cables. Check fuses.

#5032 2 years ago

When checking the cables I pushed on U21 and for a brief second I heard the engine revving, it only did that once though. I did notice prior to this problem happening that it sounded like something in the sound was scratchy and a little distorted at times.

#5033 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

When checking the cables I pushed on U21 and for a brief second I heard the engine revving, it only did that once though. I did notice prior to this problem happening that it sounded like something in the sound was scratchy and a little distorted at times.

Is your sound card screwed down tight to the backboard? That's actually a ground connection and a loose board will cause sound issues.

#5034 2 years ago

I was able to check it and it was screwed down tight.

#5035 2 years ago

Not sure if I never noticed or if I have a minor issue. Was replacing some playfield bulbs last night and noticed that the Drive Again light isn't lighting in attract mode. Lamp test it works. Played some games and when scoring an extra ball it lights. Can't remember how many wires go to it as I write this. Can check-maybe a second wire should control it in attract mode? Now that I've noticed it, it just seems like it should be lighting in attract mode. Anyone confirm or deny?

#5036 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

Not sure if I never noticed or if I have a minor issue. Was replacing some playfield bulbs last night and noticed that the Drive Again light isn't lighting in attract mode. Lamp test it works. Played some games and when scoring an extra ball it lights. Can't remember how many wires go to it as I write this. Can check-maybe a second wire should control it in attract mode? Now that I've noticed it, it just seems like it should be lighting in attract mode. Anyone confirm or deny?

Mine doesn't light in attract mode, and several youtube videos confirm that. You're all good.

#5037 2 years ago

Does anyone of a player one or two display they would sell? My player two display is out.

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

Does anyone of a player one or two display they would sell? My player two display is out.

If you do not get any response I purchased one from Steve at PBR about 1 year ago. It is just the tube, you will have to solder it to the PCB. Depending on the PCB board that is in your game you may have to drill through the PCB for the glass nipple on the new tube. You will have to fix one trace on the board as the hole goes where a trace is. Doable but a little work.

#5039 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

These come up fairly regularly on Ebay. Here's one now:
ebay.com link: itm

#5040 2 years ago

Just joined today with... This. It's gonna need a new cabinet, but the boards and playfield are clean and the PF is better than some of the ones I've seen on route here. Anyone in the PNW have an empty cabinet they'd sell me?

IMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPG
#5041 2 years ago

Congrats on your High Speed!

#5042 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

These come up fairly regularly on Ebay. Here's one now:
ebay.com link: itm

Thanks!

#5043 2 years ago

In trying to trouble my speech not working I pulled my MPU out and noticed a bunch of burn. I don’t mind swapping out resistors and transistors if it’s salvageable.
In burn death to a board?

14E9F9E8-204B-4AD7-B7C8-D098F92B8AAD (resized).jpeg14E9F9E8-204B-4AD7-B7C8-D098F92B8AAD (resized).jpeg4A5A1314-DC92-4BA6-8312-70B8AA684961 (resized).jpeg4A5A1314-DC92-4BA6-8312-70B8AA684961 (resized).jpeg71C6C5E1-BA89-4642-B9BF-0059DD72B119 (resized).jpeg71C6C5E1-BA89-4642-B9BF-0059DD72B119 (resized).jpegC98E2D9B-A208-4214-8596-CD1AADFE5538 (resized).jpegC98E2D9B-A208-4214-8596-CD1AADFE5538 (resized).jpeg
#5044 2 years ago

Nothing pictured is a death sentence. The blackening underneath the big row of lamp resistors is downright normal on those boards if they're in machines that were left on for long periods. The other stuff doesn't look catastrophic, and appears to be old damage that's been repaired in the solenoid driver section. Some transistors and maybe other components look to have been replaced, and there's at least one repaired trace. Kinda gnarly looking but I don't think any of it is gonna be the source of your speech issues... If you have lamps or solenoids misbehaving, that's what most of those burned sections would relate to.

#5045 2 years ago

I appreciate your insight. The game still plays great except for the speech stopped working. I just saw the burn and thought that I should pull the board until I get the speech problem fixed.

Not sure what to replace first?

#5046 2 years ago

I haven't done any speech diagnosis on System 11 stuff, hopefully someone who has can chime in on diagnosis for that part. If it's otherwise playing fine I don't think there's any reason to yank the board or stop playing the machine. AFAIK issues in the speech section aren't going to cause issues with the rest of the board, I've had machines with flaky speech going on for years and not had them develop any further problems even under heavy use.

#5047 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Is your sound card screwed down tight to the backboard? That's actually a ground connection and a loose board will cause sound issues.

You were right. I found a braided ground that was no longer connected and secured it and all sound effects are back!!

Thank you

#5048 2 years ago

Fitting a playfield protector, complete new flippers, comet sunlights in the GI only, rubbers etc
Parts arriving tomorrow so should be ready for the weekend

7ABF48AA-60A2-4772-B2AB-176C033A60B4 (resized).jpeg7ABF48AA-60A2-4772-B2AB-176C033A60B4 (resized).jpeg
#5049 2 years ago

I’m getting a high speed very soon and I wanted to know if there is anything i should do when i get it.

#5050 2 years ago

I would eliminate the batteries and install NVRAM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.