(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,251 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240322_224012722 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 126.
#4951 2 years ago

The board and batteries don’t have any corrosion. Batteries are also new as of a couple of months ago. The top right screen comes and goes on some of those letters.

#4952 2 years ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

The board and batteries don’t have any corrosion. Batteries are also new as of a couple of months ago. The top right screen comes and goes on some of those letters.

Perhaps cold solder joint on header pins either on display or driver board or the cpu. How do the network resistors look? Any look toasty?

#4953 2 years ago

I'm just about done my High Speed project (17mo later)
If someone has a couple pics of how the diverter assembly attaches with the rubber rings that would be helpful. Indont remember having to take the diverter mech apart to feed it up the back but it's the only obvious method I'm seeing at a glance

#4954 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm just about done my High Speed project (17mo later)
If someone has a couple pics of how the diverter assembly attaches with the rubber rings that would be helpful. Indont remember having to take the diverter mech apart to feed it up the back but it's the only obvious method I'm seeing at a glance

NM. Found one. It's goes behind the entire mech

Screenshot_20211118-184932_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211118-184932_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4955 2 years ago

I spent a year on my HS and had the same question posted here about 20-25 pages back.

#4956 2 years ago

Anybody know what this hook up is for? I can see where it would be needed?

20211118_193807 (resized).jpg20211118_193807 (resized).jpg
#4957 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Anybody know what this hook up is for? I can see where it would be needed?
[quoted image]

That is the plug for your ramp switches. The wires should come through slot in the playfield you can see next to the backboard.

#4958 2 years ago

You will need to remove the back board to fit the connector through the slot.

#4959 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That is the plug for your ramp switches. The wires should come through slot in the playfield you can see next to the backboard.

I always assumed my machine was assembled incorrectly. So I swapped the connector housings around so the smaller one is on the ramp side. I don't have to take the back board off.

#4960 2 years ago

I figured that one out. Mostly together now. Anyone know where this piece of wireform goes? It's from around the ramp but idk where exactly.
Basically just the tamp to work on now.
Already fired it up and did a switch test. A few tweaks but all good.

20211118_211734 (resized).jpg20211118_211734 (resized).jpg20211118_211932 (resized).jpg20211118_211932 (resized).jpg
#4961 2 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I always assumed my machine was assembled incorrectly. So I swapped the connector housings around so the smaller one is on the ramp side. I don't have to take the back board off.

I thought of that as well but if someone had to change the diverter they would be like what the???

#4962 2 years ago

Im missing a few screws after 17mo of moving my project around. What kind of screws are used in the two ramp brackets that screw into the diverter plate? Anything g else I'm.missing can be substituted for something similar but those two are threaded holes that I DO NOT want to f up

#4963 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I figured that one out. Mostly together now. Anyone know where this piece of wireform goes? It's from around the ramp but idk where exactly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The end that you're holding goes under the traffic light bracket and I think the other end should line up with a post stud.

#4964 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I thought of that as well but if someone had to change the diverter they would be like what the???

Change the ramp assy I should say.

#4965 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah, that guide wire stumps a lot. I answered this question earlier in the thread but it is easier for me to include the answer in this post. Here is a pic where it goes. It attaches to the ramp as well. I actually made a different guide wire that does not attach to the ramp since I have the ramp from @freeplay40. Here is the pic of the stock wire placing.

IMG_3882 (resized).JPGIMG_3882 (resized).JPG
#4966 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Ah, that guide wire stumps a lot. I answered this question earlier in the thread but it is easier for me to include the answer in this post. Here is a pic where it goes. It attaches to the ramp as well. I actually made a different guide wire that does not attach to the ramp since I have the ramp from Freeplay40. Here is the pic of the stock wire placing.
[quoted image]

I'm missing some screw so my ramp and corresponding frames are just sitting in there loose but it's obviously in the final stages now.
I also have the Freeplay40 ramp. Are you suggesting I leave the wire out?

20211118_220436 (resized).jpg20211118_220436 (resized).jpg
#4967 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm missing some screw so my ramp and corresponding frames are just sitting in there loose but it's obviously in the final stages now.
I also have the Freeplay40 ramp. Are you suggesting I leave the wire out?
[quoted image]

Looking good!

I made a different guide because I did not want it to attach it to the new ramp. You could probably get by without putting it in for home use. There is a chance a ball can hop under the ramp in the back.

I believe the screws you are referring to are the 2 machine screws just under the diverter arms. I believe they are just #6/32X1/4" (might be #8)

IMG_5421 (resized).PNGIMG_5421 (resized).PNG
#4968 2 years ago

Looking for tips on the diverter adjustments. It doesn't want to let me do full loops most times. The divertor arms end up in this half out position very often now.

20211119_130506 (resized).jpg20211119_130506 (resized).jpg
#4969 2 years ago

Safe assumption that the stock coin mechs only take quarters? Thinking about routing mine but I want those loonies (dollar coins)

#4970 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looking for tips on the diverter adjustments. It doesn't want to let me do full loops most times. The divertor arms end up in this half out position very often now.
[quoted image]

Chances are that would be fixed in the mechanism below the playfield. A dirty worn coil sleeve could do this. A broken return spring could also do it. If they are good, remove the coil and actuate the arms by hand from where the coil pulls and see if it is smooth. I assume your arms have good clearance to the ramp openings?

#4971 2 years ago

Does anyone here know what switch 38 is? I don't have a manual but I'm getting a service warning on boot up. Thanks.

#4972 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does anyone here know what switch 38 is? I don't have a manual but I'm getting a service warning on boot up. Thanks.

I think it's my upper flipper possibly? It stays active occasionally until the flipper button is pressed again. I still have some tweaking to do

#4973 2 years ago

Hey all. I am working on a HS for a customer. They want the machine done with custom art and have provided artwork for the job. The issue I have is that the alignment for the playfield inserts and cut outs are slightly off on their artwork. Does anyone have an illustrator file that has the correct alignment for these holes so that I can align their artwork? Otherwise I have to measure and move each of the holes in the file that they provided. Assistance is hugely appreciated. DM if you have such a file for this machine.
Photo of what I am looking for is included.
549A777C-1586-42D0-AEBE-FEFBD0DE73AD (resized).jpeg549A777C-1586-42D0-AEBE-FEFBD0DE73AD (resized).jpeg

A5AF8DA6-6C5B-4D32-A607-AD26DC5C978E (resized).jpegA5AF8DA6-6C5B-4D32-A607-AD26DC5C978E (resized).jpeg
#4974 2 years ago

Any thoughts on why I cannot get steeper than 5.5deg pitch on my HS would be appreciated!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difficulty-setting-pitch-on-hs#post-6622491

#4975 2 years ago

Manual says switch 38 (SW-1A-150) is for right flipper lane change (engine Revs). Most likely located in the cabinet on the right flipper.

#4976 2 years ago

What would be involved in changing my High Speed to accept loonies? (Cdn $1 coins)
Obviously new mechs. That part is easy but the coin slots on the door are only big enough to fit quarters. Would a whole new coin door also be necessary? I haven't taken apart the door on HS and it is different but I know for older Williams games you could replace the coin "flap" part.
Thanks. The game is going into a local brewery for the winter.

#4977 2 years ago

File that shit? Jk....mostly

#4978 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What would be involved in changing my High Speed to accept loonies? (Cdn $1 coins)
Obviously new mechs. That part is easy but the coin slots on the door are only big enough to fit quarters. Would a whole new coin door also be necessary? I haven't taken apart the door on HS and it is different but I know for older Williams games you could replace the coin "flap" part.

I just did this to one of my coin slots on my High Speed. New coin mech snaps right in and then I took the outer slot off of the door and filed about 1mm from the top and bottom of the opening and repainted, then printed a loonie label and put it into the reject button. Works perfect

236430931_965749514269174_2659157982265159217_n (resized).jpg236430931_965749514269174_2659157982265159217_n (resized).jpg239856322_356254762622276_2057510271628798384_n (resized).jpg239856322_356254762622276_2057510271628798384_n (resized).jpg
#4979 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think it's my upper flipper possibly? It stays active occasionally until the flipper button is pressed again. I still have some tweaking to do

Its the lane change switch for the right flipper, it is piggybacked on the EOS switch on the lower right flipper assembly. It is shown on page 35 of the manual, which you can download from the internet pinball database

#4980 2 years ago

@wis

Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Hey all. I am working on a HS for a customer. They want the machine done with custom art and have provided artwork for the job. The issue I have is that the alignment for the playfield inserts and cut outs are slightly off on their artwork. Does anyone have an illustrator file that has the correct alignment for these holes so that I can align their artwork? Otherwise I have to measure and move each of the holes in the file that they provided. Assistance is hugely appreciated. DM if you have such a file for this machine.
Photo of what I am looking for is included.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

With such a high run game, PF were probably outsourced to diff places.....gonna be tough to find a match.

#4981 2 years ago

I ended up filing the opening and I'm ordering some new mechs. I don't have a printer anyway so I need to find the little coin reject insert for $1 and I need some apron cards before it heads out to its temporary home

20211126_172713 (resized).jpg20211126_172713 (resized).jpg
#4982 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I ended up filing the opening and I'm ordering some new mechs. I don't have a printer anyway so I need to find the little coin reject insert for $1 and I need some apron cards before it heads out to its temporary home
[quoted image]

ebay.com link: itm

#4983 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What brewery?

1 week later
#4984 2 years ago

This plastic was broken when I bought my machine. Found a replacement. Now it's broken too.

20211207_193323 (resized).jpg20211207_193323 (resized).jpg
#4985 2 years ago

I have my old one from my HS restore if you would like it. It's not perfect but it's not broken either. LOL. PM me your address and I will send it to you.

IMG_5561 (resized).jpgIMG_5561 (resized).jpg
#4986 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangernade:

This plastic was broken when I bought my machine. Found a replacement. Now it's broken too.
[quoted image]</block

[quoted image]

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/bfxkAcekA0q-kNVP2Riqww?categoryid=23&category=Plastics%20Protectors&name=High%20Speed%20%7C%201986

#4987 2 years ago

Also try putting on those clear plastic washers on that corner and use a plastic nut to hold them on. I just did that because of the same issue.

#4988 2 years ago

Also, i leave mine just a little loose so it has some give when the ball hits it.

#4989 2 years ago

I finally got my HS after wanting one for 30 years or so. She is a beaut!

#4990 2 years ago

Picked this up the other day, needed some flipper work and it now plays great. Had to do a few small touch ups on the playfield and have a playfield protector on the way. I have set it to extra hard settings and about 6.8 pitch, finding it quite easy to getaway and hit the jackpot etc. Think I need to read up on the rules.
Love the old skool sound effects and prefer this to The Getaway which I have owned.

42A87872-7478-4CAA-82F0-14DD6561D53A (resized).jpeg42A87872-7478-4CAA-82F0-14DD6561D53A (resized).jpeg
#4991 2 years ago

I would agree with your opinion. I enjoy High Speed more than The Getaway.

#4992 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I finally got my HS after wanting one for 30 years or so. She is a beaut!

30 years! That is some patience. It is a really fun game. Congrats on the long awaited acquisition

#4993 2 years ago

Thank you! I had a question about the radar lights. The previous owner had led lights in that spot. They are continually on. Could it be that they are not Flashers? Or is there some other place I should look?

#4994 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Thank you! I had a question about the radar lights. The previous owner had led lights in that spot. They are continually on. Could it be that they are not Flashers? Or is there some other place I should look?

Led flashers will stay on unless you remove the warming resistors from the circuit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-warming-resistors

#4995 2 years ago

I put LEDs in my machine but I purposely kept the original flasher bulbs because I didn't want to mess with that.

#4996 2 years ago

Thank you Bellagio for referencing that post.
I cut a leg off of everyone of them and now all the flashers are led and work like they were intended to. The light show is actually a lot better than I remember.

#4997 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I cut a leg off of everyone of them and now all the flashers are led and work like they were intended to. The light show is actually a lot better than I remember.

Did you do colored LED's in the back box? Really does wonders for the appearance of the Back glass. The LED flashers in the backglass are awesome

#4998 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Glad to hear it! I also changed over to all led flashers. The light show during the pursuit is great

#4999 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Thought I would share a little mod that I made while restoring my topside. I wanted to update the standard black and off-white spacers used on the plastics. I came up with a tree trunk shape and printed them in green so they would blend in . It's subtle, but I am happy with how they turned out. [quoted image][quoted image]

I printed these with wood filament. I like it better than the green. I then experimented with a little sanding and wood staining. Here is one fresh off the printer next to stained version.

DSC08765 (resized).JPGDSC08765 (resized).JPG
#5000 2 years ago

I’m all in, if and when you start selling them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 6,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/100?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.