(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 126.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! I'd say you were busy. I hope you plan on selling these. and will all the holes along with the metal entrance flap be in and on it also. Looks nice and thick. Will the pf ramp entrance have to be made deeper because the ramp floor is thicker? So many questions, sorry.

Sorry... Didn't answer all your questions. The material is very close to the same thickness as the existing ramp an yes I do have the metal entrance flap. And yes the slots for both the diverters and the in lane roll overs will be cut. I was thinking about painting a roadway up the ramp and then adding color. There are two flash lamps behind the ramp which would then illuminate the ramp.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Where are you getting power to run those sockets? I been wanting to do this! I put in clear flipper buttons, and clear shooter rod, just gotta figure out where to get power, type of wire used, etc. Roll over stars same thing where are you getting power? I know on modern games there is plug connectors for mods but these older machines don't. Let me know how to hook up, and what I need to buy?

If you just want to add general illumination to your roll overs, its really easy... there is room to mount the light socket and GI power is right there. That's what I did on mine.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

.010 PETG. Besides trying to come up with something different I want to build a little bit of "swoop" into the design to hopefully eliminate the need for the ramp cover. Just setting this test into the game opens up a lot of possibilities to do something creative with the back area...open the game up more. Hope to have one in place to test in the next week. If there is interest in these I could make more. My plan it so install the existing hardware from mine onto this one, although I do have new blue tempered spring steel for the ramp entrance. Also set up to rivet all in place but will use screws for testing. Fun stuff. I'll keep everyone posted and get a photo once in the game.

That all sounds great, especially getting rid of the ball cover. A nice transparent red or blue would look and light up nice. Keep up the great fun...I mean work...oh you know what I mean.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That all sounds great, especially getting rid of the ball cover. A nice transparent red or blue would look and light up nice. Keep up the great fun...I mean work...oh you know what I mean.

It understand it is possible to get PETG in colors, but generally it is special order. I thought the same thing about doing it in red or blue. Once I get the test right I'll look into colors further.

#455 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It understand it is possible to get PETG in colors, but generally it is special order. I thought the same thing about doing it in red or blue. Once I get the test right I'll look into colors further.

OK thanks.

#456 10 years ago

I have enough plastic right now for about 10 or 11 more pulls. Had planned on testing colors with Creatix transparents for fun.

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have enough plastic right now for about 10 or 11 more pulls. Had planned on testing colors with Creatix transparents for fun.

Are they the floresent colors?

#458 10 years ago

Just for fun, here's a shot of the test ramp sitting on the new playfield. You can see it opens up a lot of possibilities...

IMG_0395A.jpgIMG_0395A.jpg
#459 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are they the floresent colors?

Funny... Just did a search on line for colored PETG and I did see some florescent green red and orange. Will have to find a source for that red and give it a try.

#460 10 years ago

Does that look GREAT, it makes the game look so MODERN and open. You could put a small cop car under the ramp, like they hide under bridges and during the chase a little red flashing light could come on as they chase you. The mind reels with "what if's". I don't know if I'll be able to fall asleep tonight thinking of stuff.

#461 10 years ago

I like it! especially the clear because you see more of the "Freeway" and like Paul said, you can add a police car there. I guess with any clear ramp, it will yellow over time? I wonder if these can be flame polished. I also like the idea of eliminating the ramp cover. I would like to buy one or 2 if you make enough. I would also like to see other colors, maybe switch them up once in a while.

#462 10 years ago

I would be interested in one of the new ramps. Please put me down for one. No rivetting facility, so with the steel plate would be good. The rest of the parts I can transfer.
Let me know if and when you are selling them.

Chaos

#463 10 years ago

I would be interested in one of the clear ramps as well. I really like the work you did and how it looks in the machine, killer.

#464 10 years ago

I'm also interested.

#465 10 years ago

I would be interested as well

#466 10 years ago

I tell ya Freeplay you have a winner here.

#467 10 years ago

Interested in ramp also.

#470 10 years ago

Count me in too!! Love it!

#471 10 years ago

I've wanted to make this ramp for myself for a long time, but had decided to wait until I did the actual playfield swap. I knew this would open up some options for other modifications and I guess I'm not alone in that respect. I still need to form the final ramp and then test it in my game. I hope to have one ready to test within a few days...have to cut down some trees today...DOH!. I did not expect so much interest in this, so will now try to come up with something that will work well for those interested. One PM had asked what I would charge for this ramp. First if this stuff was easy, anyone would do it. I've spent the last three weeks, on and off I'll admit, just creating the form for this ramp. I built a vacuum former that is not the garage version hooked up to a vacuum cleaner. I can generate about 4 or 5 times the vacuum of a shop vac. I really did this in conjunction with some things my son was doing with pinball design. All that said I expect I would probably sell these for around the same price you would pay for a replacement ramp... $90. The ramp would have the roll over slots cut as well as the diverter slots and have a ramp entrance flap. Basically the same you would get if you purchased a replacement ramp. You would need to transfer your mounting hardware and roll over mechanism from your existing ramp.

#472 10 years ago

Interested in a clear ramp too!

I really like the police car underneath idea (with light-up lights!) but the clear also opens up under-ramp decal possibilities.

#473 10 years ago

I'd definitely be interested in one of these. It would be awesome to have a decal for the road going around it too.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've wanted to make this ramp for myself for a long time, but had decided to wait until I did the actual playfield swap. I knew this would open up some options for other modifications and I guess I'm not alone in that respect. I still need to form the final ramp and then test it in my game. I hope to have one ready to test within a few days...have to cut down some trees today...DOH!. I did not expect so much interest in this, so will now try to come up with something that will work well for those interested. One PM had asked what I would charge for this ramp. First if this stuff was easy, anyone would do it. I've spent the last three weeks, on and off I'll admit, just creating the form for this ramp. I built a vacuum former that is not the garage version hooked up to a vacuum cleaner. I can generate about 4 or 5 times the vacuum of a shop vac. I really did this in conjunction with some things my son was doing with pinball design. All that said I expect I would probably sell these for around the same price you would pay for a replacement ramp... $90. The ramp would have the roll over slots cut as well as the diverter slots and have a ramp entrance flap. Basically the same you would get if you purchased a replacement ramp. You would need to transfer your mounting hardware and roll over mechanism from your existing ramp.

This is great news and a fair price. Thanks for the update.

#475 10 years ago

Probably gonna want to get one of these myself. A HUGE high-five if you can eliminate the need for the cover.

#476 10 years ago

The more I think about it I would want a clear ramp not a colored one. I want to see the cool stuff we come up with for under it.

OK guys we need people to make underside sticky decals and someone to make the little police car (like depicted on the game) that has a red, lit, blinking (gumball) on top that's plug-n-play synced to the car chase part of the game. Who has the skills to do these things? Oh and some kind of decal or something to put on that big white spot that's there now under the ramp that the police car would sit on.

Let the brain storming begin.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The more I think about it I would want a clear ramp not a colored one. I want to see the cool stuff we come up with for under it.
OK guys we need people to make underside sticky decals and someone to make the little police car (like depicted on the game) that has a red, lit, blinking (gumball) on top that's plug-n-play synced to the car chase part of the game. Who has the skills to do these things? Oh and some kind of decal or something to put on that big white spot that's there now under the ramp that the police car would sit on.
Let the brain storming begin.

I like how you think.
I hope to join this club in a few weeks...
Keep those ideas comin'!
-mof

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I like how you think.
I hope to join this club in a few weeks...
Keep those ideas comin'!
-mof

Likewise I'm sure....after all we have 2 and possibly a third game in common.

#479 10 years ago

I agree on the clear ramp with "decorations". I see mine with a roadway probably a little banked. I was excited doing this for myself, but now I'm really getting jazzed. Got my trees cut down today so nothing else on the agenda but work on this. Will keep you all posted.

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

the clear also opens up under-ramp decal possibilities.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK guys we need people to make underside sticky decals

Quoted from Freeplay40:

I agree on the clear ramp with "decorations". I see mine with a roadway

Done.. Granted it needs some finessing but I did this in like 20 minutes (the shape seems to be good at least). There's asphalt texture behind the yellow dashed line, but I did a draft print so it's hard to see.
ramp.jpgramp.jpg

Note I have a new reproduction ramp not yet installed, and I still want a clear one. That's how cool this is

#481 10 years ago

Hey Freeplay, I know you haven't quite figured it out yet but how much "swoop" do ya think you can put into that left ramp? I have a heavy spring in the shooter now and that rockets the ball up and around and if I put the medium heavy spring in it just kind of limps around. So what I'm saying is try diff. shooter springs with your design, I think it will have a major influence. May be even enclose a "Certified from the manufacture'er" shooter spring that has been "Play tested". Just an idea.

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There's asphalt texture behind the yellow dashed line,

I hope your "asphalt" doesn't give the ball "road rash". Nothing worse then having road rash on your balls.

#483 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Freeplay, I know you haven't quite figured it out yet but how much "swoop" do ya think you can put into that left ramp? I have a heavy spring in the shooter now and that rockets the ball up and around and if I put the medium heavy spring in it just kind of limps around. So what I'm saying is try diff. shooter springs with your design, I think it will have a major influence. May be even enclose a "Certified from the manufacture'er" shooter spring that has been "Play tested". Just an idea.

As far as spring strengths go, High Speed requires a strong if not the strongest spring.... Gotta be fast. Are we having fun yet?

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As far as spring strengths go, High Speed requires a strong if not the strongest spring.... Gotta be fast. Are we having fun yet?

OK.

#485 10 years ago

It's not just the shooter. What about the upper right flipper being able to make it up the ramp? I have not worked on mine yet and the flipper is probably weak but the ball just barely make the ramp shot as it is. I want to do the flipper mod that was mention early on in this thread.

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

It's not just the shooter. What about the upper right flipper being able to make it up the ramp? I have not worked on mine yet and the flipper is probably weak but the ball just barely make the ramp shot as it is. I want to do the flipper mod that was mention early on in this thread.

That's true.

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

When I got my HS several years ago, it was resetting pretty often. Can't remember my logic at the time, but decided to rebuild my flippers. Turned out the rebuilding of the flippers solved my resetting problem which never reoccurred. But, as far as the ramp shot from the upper right flipper, mine is plenty strong to make it. Actually one of my favorite combination shots it to run the red light and then as the ball comes around and drops to the right upper flipper again, make the getaway. So long as that flipper is in good condition, you should be able to make the shot easily. I do like the fact that the shot is not an easy one, so making it on the fly is very fun for me.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

When I got my HS several years ago, it was resetting pretty often. Can't remember my logic at the time, but decided to rebuild my flippers. Turned out the rebuilding of the flippers solved my resetting problem which never reoccurred. But, as far as the ramp shot from the upper right flipper, mine is plenty strong to make it. Actually one of my favorite combination shots it to run the red light and then as the ball comes around and drops to the right upper flipper again, make the getaway. So long as that flipper is in good condition, you should be able to make the shot easily. I do like the fact that the shot is not an easy one, so making it on the fly is very fun for me.

The only thing I can think of that might cause a reset from the flippers would be current draw. Perhaps your flippers had really sticky/dirty plungers and bad coil sleeves to make the mechs very sluggish. Does/did your game have the caps on the EOS switches? Mine doesn't but I have them in the rebuild kits. Anyway I'm glad your game doesn't reset anymore because it sucks when that happens.

My upper flipper seems to mover freely when lifting by hand. Not sure what ails it. I'm going to look into the 50V flipper power supply next.

#489 10 years ago

I did upgrade my flippers when I rebuilt them

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The only thing I can think of that might cause a reset from the flippers would be current draw. Perhaps your flippers had really sticky/dirty plungers and bad coil sleeves to make the mechs very sluggish. Does/did your game have the caps on the EOS switches? Mine doesn't but I have them in the rebuild kits. Anyway I'm glad your game doesn't reset anymore because it sucks when that happens.
My upper flipper seems to mover freely when lifting by hand. Not sure what ails it. I'm going to look into the 50V flipper power supply next.

It could have also been a failing diode and a voltage spike from the collapsing EMF...

#491 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

It could have also been a failing diode and a voltage spike from the collapsing EMF...

I was pretty green back when I did it but suspect it was a failing diode.

#492 10 years ago

HOW much for the CLEAR ramp?

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from ironmaidenpin:

HOW much for the CLEAR ramp?

Quoted from Freeplay40:

All that said I expect I would probably sell these for around the same price you would pay for a replacement ramp... $90. The ramp would have the roll over slots cut as well as the diverter slots and have a ramp entrance flap. Basically the same you would get if you purchased a replacement ramp. You would need to transfer your mounting hardware and roll over mechanism from your existing ramp.

#494 10 years ago

Mark me down for 2 of these..

#495 10 years ago

I am completing the final touches to the mold this evening. Should make the first test form tomorrow that I can actually install in my machine to test. I thought I'd be making this for myself and some friends. Appreciate everyone's interest. Pinside is the only place where I have shown this to anyone, so you guys will certainly come first. I'll post photos as soon as I have it installed. This will just be the clear ramp with no added decoration so you can all see what it will look like. Thanks everyone.

#496 10 years ago

Yeah I need one of those clear ramps! Nice work

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I am completing the final touches to the mold this evening. Should make the first test form tomorrow that I can actually install in my machine to test. I thought I'd be making this for myself and some friends. Appreciate everyone's interest. Pinside is the only place where I have shown this to anyone, so you guys will certainly come first. I'll post photos as soon as I have it installed. This will just be the clear ramp with no added decoration so you can all see what it will look like. Thanks everyone.

Good luck with the test tomorrow, we'll all be waiting on pins (pun intended) and needles to hear of the results.

#498 10 years ago

After you make the clear High Speed ramp, repro Genesis ramps!

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

After you make the clear High Speed ramp, repro Genesis ramps!

hmmm... Maybe, if there was enough interest. I would need original ramps to do it.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

hmmm... Maybe, if there was enough interest. I would need original ramps to do it.

What??? You also take requests?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.