Player_View.jpg
Ugly_White_Spot.jpg
Side_View2.jpg
Ball_View.jpg
Car_Mount2.jpg
Car_Mount1.jpg
1065082969.jpg
20151002_103736.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Thanks to your instructions, I got the ramp off. It was ALL about the secret screw behind the diverter.
1) One thing I don't understand at all is what the two small screws/nuts are on the lower front side of the upper section. I removed them, and I don't see what they were holding onto...
2) Once I disconnected the plug, it did not fit through the wood hole... Guess I'll have to desolder, remove the wire, then bore that hole out a little bigger?
-mof

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Since I've done this a gazillion times now....
There are two screws under the flap..
There are two screws on the left outer edge
There are two screws in the back that hold the switch plate to the diverter mechanism. You have to hold the diverter in the activated position to get one of them
There is one screw on the right side into the wood rail
Then you need to lift the playfield and unplug the wire from the ramp.
If your are lucky, the male end of the plug will be the one that goes to the ramp. Only the male plug will fit through the slot cut into the playfield to feed the wire up to the top. Will also help to pop the two rubber bands in the back loose on the right side. If your game is like most so far, the bigger female plug is the one on the ramp harness. In order to get this through the playfield so you can remove the ramp, you will need to remove at least the three screws on the right side of the machine that hold the back board on. (Look back through thread to see my stop light relocation photos...there you can see the three screws I'm talking about) If you remove the playfield this is really easy to see. It can be done with the playfield lifted and a little coordination. With those 3 screws removed, you can give a light "rap" to that side of the backboard and it will pop loose giving you enough room to feed the wire through.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Answer to the second question first. NO>>>DON"T BORE THE HOLE BIGGER. When the game wiring harness was made, the male connector should have been put on the wires that attach to the diverter switch plate that is riveted to the bottom of the ramp. Instead, they put the larger female plug on the wires connected to the diverter. The playfield itself has a slot that the male plug would fit through. But since they did them backward it won't fit. So...the immediate solution is..(This will be easy if you have the playfield out of the cabinet)...you need to loosen the three screws on the right side that hold the playfield backboard on (There are three one each side). A little tough to reach if the playfield is in the game, but it can be done. Once those three screws are loosened, you can give the back board a little "rap" and it will come unstuck from the playfield on the right side. This combined with popping the two rubber loose that go around the diverter and you will be able to pull the plug up through. Earlier in the thread I did show photos of how I relocated the stop light. In those photos you can see the screws in the back board that I am talking about. For future, it would be best to reverse the plugs.
Now Question 1. Not sure which screws you are talking about. There are two screws on the front of the diverter plate that hold the diverter cover on. Are those the screws you're talking about? If so, do you not have a diverter cover? Maybe a photo?

(I'm not in front of the machine atm) -- are you saying the best solution is remove the male and female side of the wires and reverse them, since the male connector will make it through the hole?

Brilliant! This is exactly why I like to ask questions on Pinside before going into surgery blind... I have a hunch there's a smarter way, but it doesn't mean I'll be the one to see the solution first.

thanks!
-mof

1 month later
#40 9 years ago

Got my ramp today. As I eased it out of the box, my eyes welled with water as the dim lights in the room shimmered across the solid clear polished curves of the ramp -- my heart skipped a few beats.

Such beauty. Installing it now.

thank you!
-mof

201407-HS-freeplay40-ramp.jpg201407-HS-freeplay40-ramp.jpg
2 weeks later
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I thought about remounting the flasher through the back board with a dome over it. Then I thought about re-tasking both of them..... Then I started on the Space Station ramp...DOH!. I'll get back to it this Fall....I Hope!

Correct.

We have created a few new problems with the awesome solution of the mighty clear ramp.

1. I am still looking forward to a good decal for under the left ramp (but a short one), I still want it to STOP at the height of the ball cruising through the orbit.

2. We need someone to find some domes from other games that would make sense in this game. I presume one red and one blue? -- Who has some spare parts and can experiment with this? freeplay is busy with Space Station, lol !

-mof

4 months later
#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Finally got it installed. Looks way better than the playfield but I'll take care of that next spring.

Do you find that yours plays better with this ramp?

7 months later
#181 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I finally got my HS back together and playing last week. The new ramp with decal is awesome and the idea to move the traffic light was just pure genius. LOVE this thread!
20150708_233910.jpg

Decal looks great from here!
Nice work on the green LEDs for the shrubbery...
-mof

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.