Player_View.jpg
Ugly_White_Spot.jpg
Side_View2.jpg
Ball_View.jpg
Car_Mount2.jpg
Car_Mount1.jpg
1065082969.jpg
20151002_103736.jpg
There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago

Budwin, surely your down post on my question was an accident.

#202 8 years ago

My wife was clicking around trying to figure out how to reply.
Definitely it was by accident, sorry....

Bud

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

My wife was clicking around trying to figure out how to reply.
Definitely it was by accident, sorry....
Bud

No problem.

2 months later
#204 8 years ago

Will you be making any more of the clear ramps. Just did a cpr play field in mine. This would top it off.

#206 8 years ago

After reading this thread and some others about the clear ramp, ramp decals, and movement of the traffic light, I got very excited about my high speed machine again. I just finished moving the light to the back corner. I also cut the ramp lip in half so it only covers the kicker section. It doesn't seem like the ball can fly off of the lower part of the ramp. Does anyone see a possible issue with this? What I really like now is the ball visibility which was compromised by the previous light/lip guard placement.

thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Sometimes small changes can really bring a game alive again.

2 weeks later
#207 8 years ago

Interesting indeed... I'm very interested in having one of those clear ramp if there any still available. Freeplay40 could you come back to me about this? Thanks!

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballyhoo:

Freeplay40 could you come back to me about this?

pm sent...

1 month later
#209 8 years ago

Just finished off my space station with your ramp and got a High Speed delivered today, it's logical I need to put one of your ramps into this too! Are they still being made/have any left? Thanks

1 month later
#211 7 years ago

Has anyone seen a metal ramp for a high speed? I love the sound the ball makes sliding on metal. I think it would be an interesting link between High Speed and High Speed II. If you have seen one I'd love to see pictures or talk to the maker.

3 months later
#212 7 years ago

Please provide ordering instructions for the HS clear ramp.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Jlescher19:

Please provide ordering instructions for the HS clear ramp.

Ordering info is on the first page of this thread. The only thing I have added is a Molex extension harness ($8) for those that want to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner and I do not pre-drill for the stop light to be mounted on the ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp

2 months later
#214 7 years ago

Did anyone have to modify their play fields to get it to fit? Seems like I need to make the step a little larger towards the inside of the step to get it to sit flat. I would also need to notch the ramp for the narrow plastic above the traffic signals and also where the ramp comes close to the right side if the cab?

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Did anyone have to modify their play fields to get it to fit? Seems like I need to make the step a little larger towards the inside of the step to get it to sit flat. I would also need to notch the ramp for the narrow plastic above the traffic signals and also where the ramp comes close to the right side if the cab?

pm sent to call me....

4 months later
#216 7 years ago

Does anyone want to sell me your intact original black ramp you took out when you put the clear one in for a really great price?? I'm not usually one to be cheap but I've already put more into my old beat up HS that I should have and I'm probably going to sell it to make room for something else pretty soon.

5 months later
#217 6 years ago

If you're still making these - I'd be interested. I need a new ramp anyway as mine is cracked and considering LED'ing my VGC HS.
Please advise, a fellow Pinsider referred me to this post.

#218 6 years ago

Yes, I still make them and they are available.

#219 6 years ago

I have a new black ramp that I got before I found out about the clear ones.

The used the clear one and it definitely looks and performs the best.

But, if you need a new repo black one with clear cover for $65 shipped, send me a PM.

Bud

High Speed Ramp2 (resized).JPGHigh Speed Ramp2 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#220 6 years ago

Hi @Budwin. I would be interested in your black ramp if it is still available? I was going to pm you but I'm still a new user on here. Thanks

#221 6 years ago

Sorry, that sold a couple of months ago.

Bud

1 year later
#222 5 years ago
Quoted from prock:

I like the new location of the stop light. Too bad that flasher in the back left corner is in plain sight now through the ramp. Any ideas on how to conceal it? Perhaps a red dome attached to the backboard? Nice work Freeplay40!

This is what I did. Blue & red flasher caps from marco

IMG_20190110_183802809_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20190110_183802809_TOP (resized).jpg
#223 5 years ago

more pics.

IMG_20181230_141248287 (resized).jpgIMG_20181230_141248287 (resized).jpgIMG_20181230_141301681 (resized).jpgIMG_20181230_141301681 (resized).jpg
#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

[quoted image]

Nice idea. They are prett bright with the clear ramp.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

[quoted image]

Looks good! Did you drill holes through the plastics and attach the flasher caps? I plan on doing the same thing with mine, but not sure where to mount the 2 flasher lamps

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

While I've had a clear ramp longer than anyone, I have the 2 flashers in the back disconnected. I did have a similar thought of domed flashers, but I envisioned mounting them through the back board.....like on F-14 Tomcat.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Looks good! Did you drill holes through the plastics and attach the flasher caps? I plan on doing the same thing with mine, but not sure where to mount the 2 flasher lamps

Yes, used a step drill. also removed risers off the plastic on the right back corner to close the large gap, allowed flasher cap to fit under ramp.

IMG_20190112_084103481[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190112_084103481[1] (resized).jpg
#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

While I've had a clear ramp longer than anyone, I have the 2 flashers in the back disconnected. I did have a similar thought of domed flashers, but I envisioned mounting them through the back board.....like on F-14 Tomcat.

That’s exactly what I was planning on doing. Drilling 2 holes in the backboard, mounting the flasher lamps through the holes, then attaching the covers to the front like F-14. Seeing @chynnalou‘s idea is making me reconsider.

I am mostly done wiring the bottom side of my cpr pf and will be hitting you up soon for one of your clear ramps!

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Yes, used a step drill. also removed risers off the plastic on the right back corner to close the large gap, allowed flasher cap to fit under ramp.
[quoted image]

Nice job! I like the fact that it looks very similar, actually factory, to the other 2 flashers that mount through the plastics near the hideouts. It’s also reversable by replacing the plastics. This is probably the route I’m going to go.

What is the led strip above it? Extra pf lighting or extra flashers?

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Nice job! I like the fact that it looks very similar, actually factory, to the other 2 flashers that mount through the plastics near the hideouts. It’s also reversable by replacing the plastics. This is probably the route I’m going to go.

The led strips are wired to the blue radar detectors with mini police light bars mounted on the freeway gates also, one side red, blue on the other. Opposite of the flasher caps.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

That stoplight ever show up?

#232 5 years ago

where did you get the mini police light bars?

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

where did you get the mini police light bars?

Not sure if he is a member on pinside, his user name is arakisssun on klov.com

#234 5 years ago

I'll have to check him out

2 weeks later
#235 5 years ago

Just ordered mine, should look great with the new pf! Can't wait!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Just ordered mine, should look great with the new pf! Can't wait!

You will also notice with mine that it plays much quieter than the original black rattle trap ramp!

#237 5 years ago

I can’t wait to get one of these to replace my run down black ramp but I’m mainly waiting for the hardtop to come out as well. But with a hardtop and a nice clear ramp this high speed should look amazing.

1 week later
#238 5 years ago

My ramp just got here, Freeplay40 did a great job!

524247E7-56E3-400D-8894-19006767469E (resized).jpeg524247E7-56E3-400D-8894-19006767469E (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#239 5 years ago

I need Clear ramp and tried to send email to ya.
Scotty

1 month later
#240 4 years ago

Freeplay40, Are you still making these? I'd like to get on the list if possible. Thanks!

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Freeplay40, Are you still making these? I'd like to get on the list if possible. Thanks!

PM sent...

#242 4 years ago

This ramp would look great in transparent red!

#243 4 years ago

I just got my transparent red ramp in the mail yesterday and I am more than happy to upload a photo of it when I get home later tonight (there seems to be a lack of photos of this ramp in red). I feel that with the lights under the ramp, the red is going to look awesome.
without a doubt, Freeplay40 makes a great product in clear or red.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

This ramp would look great in transparent red!

#244 4 years ago

It's a beautiful ramp but I have an issue with it not including a top cover like the black one.

That thing is there for a reason. I bought a High Speed with one of these clear ramps and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the switch to activate consistently because no matter how I adjusted it, the ball would still sometimes get air and sail over the switch. Very frustrating.

#246 4 years ago

Here is the ramp in transparent red.

20190430_191611 (resized).jpg20190430_191611 (resized).jpg20190430_191650 (resized).jpg20190430_191650 (resized).jpg
#247 4 years ago

That's got to look so much better than either the clear or the black once it's installed. Suits the overall game colors so much better.

4 months later
#248 4 years ago

I'm in for a transparent red one as well. Let me know if still available!

#249 4 years ago

Been a while since I posted in here. Usually I just reply back for those interested in these ramps via email and I've had a lot of requests for this ramp recently. Since there is a lot involved with this ramp I started copying and pasting the detail for this one in the emails. Thought I'd just post it here....

High Speed is one of the ramps that I offer assembly on as well as a couple other "options". There are three metal pieces on the original ramp that must be transferred to the new ramp...Specifically...the large bracket on the left side, the main plate under the center and the small bracket at the exit. These pieces need to be riveted to the new ramp. I offer to do this as well as polish all the metal for $20...it's a good deal if you are not set up to rivet....almost everyone has me do the assembly...I've assembled over 100 of them. Additionally, most have opted to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner. This requires an extension to the games wire harness and I offer a Molex extension to make this easier. Lastly, the ball guide on the uphill inside turn is usually pretty beat up...I can install your old one or I offer a new spring steel piece for that for $5.

The ramp itself is available in clear or transparent red.

So, in summary...

New clear ramp w/flap $90
Transparent red ramp w/flap $100
Shipping $16

Options:

Assembly with your parts $20
Molex Harness extension $8
New ball guide $5

Obviously for me to do the assembly, you would need to remove the parts and send them to me. As far as the stop light is concerned, I do not predrill for it to me mounted on the ramp.. You would need to do that and if you decide to do that, I will instruct you on how to do it.

If I do the assembly, I can turn them in just one day.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Been a while since I posted in here. Usually I just reply back for those interested in these ramps via email and I've had a lot of requests for this ramp recently. Since there is a lot involved with this ramp I started copying and pasting the detail for this one in the emails. Thought I'd just post it here....
High Speed is one of the ramps that I offer assembly on as well as a couple other "options". There are three metal pieces on the original ramp that must be transferred to the new ramp...Specifically...the large bracket on the left side, the main plate under the center and the small bracket at the exit. These pieces need to be riveted to the new ramp. I offer to do this as well as polish all the metal for $20...it's a good deal if you are not set up to rivet....almost everyone has me do the assembly...I've assembled over 100 of them. Additionally, most have opted to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner. This requires an extension to the games wire harness and I offer a Molex extension to make this easier. Lastly, the ball guide on the uphill inside turn is usually pretty beat up...I can install your old one or I offer a new spring steel piece for that for $5.
The ramp itself is available in clear or transparent red.
So, in summary...
New clear ramp w/flap $90
Transparent red ramp w/flap $100
Shipping $16
Options:
Assembly with your parts $20
Molex Harness extension $8
New ball guide $5
Obviously for me to do the assembly, you would need to remove the parts and send them to me. As far as the stop light is concerned, I do not predrill for it to me mounted on the ramp.. You would need to do that and if you decide to do that, I will instruct you on how to do it.
If I do the assembly, I can turn them in just one day.

PM Sent

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp/page/5?hl=duffysarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.