Player_View.jpg
Ugly_White_Spot.jpg
Side_View2.jpg
Ball_View.jpg
Car_Mount2.jpg
Car_Mount1.jpg
1065082969.jpg
20151002_103736.jpg

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 9 years ago

Looks fantastic, I want one.

#102 9 years ago

I'm ordering now. Trying to figure out how to do a line of chaser leds up the center of the ramp tied to the red stoplight

#103 9 years ago

Last call for alcohol... I mean clear High Speed ramps. Only one left and probably won't get back to them until after the first of the year.

Thanks everyone!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

now that you have a clear ramp you can, umm, see the, umm, well, blank area that has no graphics that was covered by the black ramp

Give the man a prize. Don't ya think all of us who bought one thought of that before we bought it. Besides, the ramp was re-enginered by Mark to play BETTER then the original.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Give the man a prize. Don't ya think all of us who bought one thought of that before we bought it. Besides, the ramp was re-enginered by Mark to play BETTER then the original.

Apparently not, since you'll be looking at blank space. Exactly how is it better playing. Does it have an escalator to make sure the ball makes it up every time. it should play like the original.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Apparently not, since you'll be looking at blank space. Exactly how is it better playing. Does it have an escalator to make sure the ball makes it up every time. it should play like the original.

Don't worry... You can still buy the more expensive stock black ones that require the cover over the ramp.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Don't worry... You can still buy the more expensive stock black ones that require the cover over the ramp.

No need, mine plays fine. The cover does not cause a problem, the balls never hit it. But it's there as intended.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Last call for alcohol... I mean clear High Speed ramps. Only one left and probably won't get back to them until after the first of the year.
Thanks everyone!

Hey there,

Just stumbled onto this thread. I'll take the last one. I'll round up the parts and pm you with the details.

eye thank ewe

zosofan

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from zosofan:

Hey there,
Just stumbled onto this thread. I'll take the last one. I'll round up the parts and pm you with the details.
eye thank ewe
zosofan

PM sent

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Look, just go play your original and be happy and all of us who love the new ramp will play ours and be happy. We know why we bought or ramps, no need for you to "educate" us. Even SR himself gave Mark thumbs up on the ramp after playing the game.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Look, just go play your original and be happy and all of us who love the new ramp will play ours and be happy. We know why we bought or ramps, no need for you to "educate" us. Even SR himself gave Mark thumbs up on the ramp after playing the game.

hmm where exactly did I say you shouldn't like your ramps? incredibly defensive attitude, almost like you don't like it as much as you claim but have money in it so now you gotta say its great to not look bad.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

hmm where exactly did I say you shouldn't like your ramps? incredibly defensive attitude, almost like you don't like it as much as you claim but have money in it so now you gotta say its great to not look bad.

You sure do like to stir the pot don't you. Between the 2 of us we've bumped Marks ramps pretty good haven't we. Oh well have fun.

#113 9 years ago

Got my clear ramp today. Wow this is a good looking product. I can't believe the shine he got out of those old metal parts
IMAG0211.jpgIMAG0211.jpg

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Got my clear ramp today. Wow this is a good looking product. I can't believe the shine he got out of those old metal parts

IMAG0211.jpg 202 KB

Mark takes alot of pride in his products.

#115 9 years ago

I too have Mark's clear ramp, and it looks fantastic.

I just installed it a couple of days ago but haven't reinstalled the screws at the entrance. My OEM ramp had two different kinds of screws and neither looked like they were the right size.

I assume I should use a flat head wood screw. Any suggestions to what size I should use?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Answer to the second question first. NO>>>DON"T BORE THE HOLE BIGGER. When the game wiring harness was made, the male connector should have been put on the wires that attach to the diverter switch plate that is riveted to the bottom of the ramp. Instead, they put the larger female plug on the wires connected to the diverter. The playfield itself has a slot that the male plug would fit through. But since they did them backward it won't fit.

I decided to clip the wires, install new plugs, (but in reverse).

Easy fix.

#117 9 years ago

Did you make wire harness for stop light relocation that I could purchase?

Thanks
Dan

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Did you make wire harness for stop light relocation that I could purchase?
Thanks
Dan

Sure... I can make you one.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I decided to clip the wires, install new plugs, (but in reverse).
Easy fix.

I assume you can reuse the old plastic housings. What are the crimp on connectors called, and is there a specific size?

#121 9 years ago

I got mine from great plains electronics....

Crimp contacts...
Female...P/N 02-06-1103
Male...P/N 02-06-2103

I installed new 3-pin plugs, threw away the old ones.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I assume you can reuse the old plastic housings. What are the crimp on connectors called, and is there a specific size?

It's kind of hard to reuse the old ones unless you have a pin extractor tool...If you are ordering the pins, might as well just order the male and female plugs. Plug and pin size is .062

1 week later
#123 9 years ago

I had a couple requests for ramps after I had run out, so went ahead and produced 5 more. So if any interest at this time I have three available.....Mark

1 week later
#124 9 years ago

Finally got it installed. Looks way better than the playfield but I'll take care of that next spring.IMAG0278.jpgIMAG0278.jpg

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Finally got it installed. Looks way better than the playfield but I'll take care of that next spring.

Do you find that yours plays better with this ramp?

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do you find that yours plays better with this ramp?

Hard to say, the previous ramp was blown out so I was unable to play with it.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Hard to say, the previous ramp was blown out so I was unable to play with it.

Mine was in good shape when I swapped it out. I find the swoop to the ball up the ramp much smoother and clearly much quieter than rattling up that black one.

#128 9 years ago

Mine flies up the ramp. If I do a full plunge, the ball hit the glass, when it exits the entrance curve.

1 week later
#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I started a list just for you! #1

So how's my F14 ramp #1 coming? Do I get a #1 plaque with mine, autographed?

Are you making a Pinbot as well? (The correct answer is yes!)

Do you have any HS's left btw?

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

So how's my F14 ramp #1 coming? Do I get a #1 plaque with mine, autographed?
Are you making a Pinbot as well? (The correct answer is yes!)
Do you have any HS's left btw?

LOL... seriously. F-14 is still on my list. The Genesis ramps are proving to be very difficult due to a bad design (not conducive to forming without telltale "marks" in the plastic) so I have been redesigning my machine to accommodate the process. Hope to test the new design tomorrow. Then I will be on to the Swords of Fury ramps and then the F-14 ramp. I don't own a SOF anymore, but I do own an F-14, so really excited to do that one.

After those I will be doing the Space Shuttle and then possibly Pinbot.

As far as the High Speed ramps, I did make some more and have 3 left at the moment.

1 week later
#131 9 years ago

Now there are 2 HS ramps left!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from PhivePhiftyPhive:

Now there are 2 HS ramps left!

You're going to like it.

The ramp is "top notch" quality.

1 week later
#133 9 years ago

I can’t believe these have not sold out. I almost want to by one in case I ever get another HS.

#134 9 years ago

I'm wrapping up my HS shop job.

Hoping to install the ramp tomorrow.

It looks like I'll need to drill a hole in it though. It's missing the hole for the "ball hang-up" wire that's on the left orbit shot.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It looks like I'll need to drill a hole in it though. It's missing the hole for the "ball hang-up" wire that's on the left orbit shot.

PM sent

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Due to the new shape of the ramp, that ball hang up wire is not needed.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I can’t believe these have not sold out. I almost want to by one in case I ever get another HS.

I've sold out a few times, but when someone wants one, I just make 3 or 4 more.

4 weeks later
#138 9 years ago

I just started a HS project. I need one.

#139 9 years ago

loved mine, awesome upgrade.

1 month later
#140 9 years ago

Mine is on the way. Can't wait to take some measurements. The Miller Engineering Neon (electroluminescent) billboards look like they might fill the newly exposed real estate nicely.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Mine is on the way. Can't wait to take some measurements. The Miller Engineering Neon (electroluminescent) billboards look like they might fill the newly exposed real estate nicely.

which one are you looking at getting?, I like the elephant car wash, and the "your wife is HOT".

#142 9 years ago

Want to measure first but definitely thinking Firestone and Champion Spark plugs.

#143 9 years ago

The gd post office seems to have lost my package. Anyone know were I can find another ramp assembly to send Mark? I was really hoping to measure and order some of those neons from Miller Engineering.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

This I have to see. Please post photos if you install it.

#145 9 years ago

Happy to report USPS found the package. Once I get the ramp in, I can start thinking about those neons....

2 weeks later
#146 9 years ago

OK, So, First, can I still get one of these? Second, maybe I missed it in a previous post, but are these lexan? Thanks, Greg

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetmex:

OK, So, First, can I still get one of these? Second, maybe I missed it in a previous post, but are these lexan? Thanks, Greg

Yes I still make them. No, they are not made of Lexan... PETG. On a scale of durability with acrylic on one end and Lexan on the other end, PETG is roughly in the center. While Lexan can be easily vacuum formed at very thin thicknesses, it is much more difficult when the product gets thicker. Typically I use 1/8" material. Lexan can retain moisture and in order to prepare it for thermo forming, it needs to be dried in a ventilated oven at about 140 degrees for up to a week. If that moisture is not removed, the plastic will bubble...just like boiling.

The ramp itself is $90. This includes the entrance flap installed. I also offer some extras. The metal parts on the ramp are riveted and few are set up to do the riveting, so I offer to do it for them for $20. This requires that you send me the metal parts off your ramp so that I can install them on the new ramp... I also polish the metal pieces to make them look good. Next, there is a metal ball guide on the inside of the uphill turn. Most are beat to crap so I also offer a spring steel replacement for another $5. Lastly, most have opted to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner. This requires that the wiring harness for the light be extended about 12". There are 4 leads which need to be extended...OR...I alos sell a Molex extension harness that will plug right in for the relocation...another $8

So..

Ramp with flap and predrilled $90
Shipping/handling $15

Options:
Assembly with your parts $20
New ball guide $5
Wire harness extension $8

Total package for everything $138

Most have opted for the whole deal. Also note that I do not drill into the ramp for the stop light mounting in it's original location. If you choose to keep the light there you will need to position the light, mark and drill those holes.

2 months later
#148 8 years ago

What's the typical turn around time? I may send you one soon.

#149 8 years ago

Generally I turn them in one day... Might be a little tough at this very moment as I am getting ready for the NW Pinball show next weekend as well as finishing the Swords of Fury ramps. I had one guy send me his parts on a Monday and he had the finish product back in his hands on Friday.

#150 8 years ago

BTW...I am forming another batch of them this week.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.