HIGH SPEED chance to buy whadda think?

By henhel

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a chance to buy the pin shopped out for $1700--never played one, is it fun or what--I know its an old machine I think I would be taking a chance, I mean 24 yrs old, I just don't know.

#2 10 years ago

I bought my High Speed at almost the same price as the one you're looking at. It's been one of my all-time favorite pins for a long time so when I saw a nice one for sale, I jumped all over it. It was advertised as being home use only, shopped out, incredible condition, and for the most part it was, but when I got it home I saw it had some gunky touch-up work done between the flippers. You can definitely find them cheaper than $1700, and sometimes even with a full mylar'd playfield. I'd make sure you check it out in person before you plunk down the cash, play a few games, make sure you like it, and make sure everything works so there's no surprises when you get it home.

#3 10 years ago

$1700 is WAY too much Imo, there were like 17000 made or something, so it's very common and they come up for sale often.

#4 10 years ago

You can do better for the cash

#5 10 years ago

Point out the flaws and start knocking the price down. I have one, its my only pin I own for the last 5 1/2 years. All I have done was rebuild the flippers once and I had a sound issue and that was solved by re-seating the J2 plug on the board. It's fun yes, deep in rules NO, simple play old school style.

#6 10 years ago

Unless that playfield is real sweet you might want to come down a bit on price. Also for that price the flashing beacon on top should be there and working.

Check the usual backglass, plastics, cabinet and displays for other things to come down a bit on price.

Also, make sure you turn the machine on, don't show up to a machine tuned on without getting any error messages. If you get "Adjust Failure" he may be trying to hide something since he has to enter the menu to make the game work. Batteries dead to batteries leaking and damage.

Good game. Classic system-11. Not deep like newer games but easy to understand rules and a lot of fun. Also, if you don't over pay you should be able to sell no problem since it is a wanted title.

#7 10 years ago

Don't buy it at that price. You should be able to find one for below a grand. $1700 is HS2 territory.

#8 10 years ago

it's hard to tell with no pictures, at $1700 it's gotta be in a very very nice condition.

normal prices are around $1000/$1200 and lower.

#9 10 years ago

Wow $1700 seems steep to me. I am kicking around the idea of selling mine and If I could come anywhere close to that I would have a heart attack. Love the game definitely worth owning its fun, can be fast if setup right, and will punish you a bit for missed shots. I always find it rewarding to play and the for it's age it really is a great pin but $1700 is really steep in my opinion even if it is in perfect shape which I bet less than 5% are considering how prone the playfields are to wear.

#10 10 years ago

I like the game more than most and I think $1200 is a stretch for a nice one.

If they can prove HUO or it is absolutely pristine maybe. And that is coming from a pinball addict who loves the title.

If you get north of $1500 you might as well by the sequel IMHO.

Very fun game for earlier SS just not likely worth that money.

#11 10 years ago

I bought mine a year ago, perfect cabinet & backglass, very little playfield wear, everything worked, nice working beacon $900 (package deal HS & HS2 $2200). HS2 I replaced the playfield & now waiting on CPR for the HS playfield. Good Luck but even if it is in great shape $1700 is to high, IMHO.

#12 10 years ago

HS is a fun pin and a true classic. If you have never played one you owe it to yourself to search one out and put some time on it.

Quoted from badpenny61:

Good Luck but even if it is in great shape $1700 is to high, IMHO.

I totally agree with badpenny61.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

HS is a fun pin and a true classic. If you have never played one you owe it to yourself to search one out and put some time on it.

Mine will never leave, I would probably sell HS2 before HS. Just a classic playing plunger game.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I like the game more than most and I think $1200 is a stretch for a nice one.
If they can prove HUO or it is absolutely pristine maybe. And that is coming from a pinball addict who loves the title.
If you get north of $1500 you might as well by the sequel IMHO.
Very fun game for earlier SS just not likely worth that money.

Right now 1200 is the max for a nice one, and since most hs got the snot played out of them, nice ones are hard to come by. With the repro pfs out soon, expect the value to climb on nice hs games.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Mine will never leave, I would probably sell HS2 before HS. Just a classic playing plunger game.

Agreed I bought a clearcoated extremely nice HS for $1100 4 years ago. HS is superior to its sequel in my mind. Even at todays prices, it would have to be in very sweet condition for that cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-chance-to-buy-whadda-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.