• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Luzur
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello all,
I went to play High Speed last night and I had a buzzing sound coming from I thought the speakers, so I unplugged the speaker and then it sounded like it is coming from the power supply. If I go in to test mode and the playfield lights are off it's fine. So the buzzing only is happening when the playfield lights are on or while it's in attract mode.
What should I be looking for? A bad light somewhere or something on the power supply?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Dealing with the exact same thing; I've come to the conclusion it is possibly a ground issue. This weekend I'm removing the boards and using nylon screws and washers ... starting there.

#3 5 years ago

All screws are in my boards.
So not sure where to start.

#4 5 years ago

Check BR1 on the power supply. Not long ago one of my games started buzzing although it was pretty loud and come to find out BR1 was shorted and kept popping a fuse. Also if its just buzzing with the lights on then remove the screws from the sound board and float from the screws (Normally the wires are strong enough to hold it up for a short test like this. Then turn on the machine and see if the buzzing is reduced / gone. If so you have a ground loop somewhere. I've done the same thing that Dallas_Pin was suggesting with the nylon screws and washers in all my system 11 games and the buzzing has been drastically reduced. Good Hunting!

#5 5 years ago

I will check that first.
Thanks

#6 5 years ago

Well I loosened all the board screws and moved them around on the mounts and re tightened all the screws and it took care of the problem. Just a little buzzing coming from the power supply board but once it's closed up you can't hear it much.

Thanks

#7 5 years ago

I think its the Williams System 11 ground/speaker hum issue, or a part of it, most of them games seem to have it, due to badly done grounding on Williams behalf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-buzzing?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.