3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Eagle509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201215_151112 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

After sitting for a few years and my retirement, I decided to get back my high speed. Started it up, got "Adjustment Failure" on the display, so switched out the batteries, no change. (there is no corrosion) I could adjust everything with the buttons and get up and running, with a few issues.

Just as a side note, I had some repair work done on the board a few years back, by a guy in Florida (I think) He worked for NASA and did this on the side.

So now I need to fix my issues. Did the following:
    1. Replaced all the fuses, just to insure they were right sized
    2. Replaced resistors Q75 & Q77
    3. Replaced transistors Q74 & Q76
    4. Replaced 7402 chips at U45 & U50
    5. Unsoldered U25, replaced with a socket
    6. Installed NVRAM6116 in U25 socket, bought from Pinitech

On#5 above, I checked each pin making sure there was no continuity to the next pin.

Turned it on the got all 8s on the display, popped open the back and had a #1 error on the LED, U25 Failure.
    Reseated the NVRAM6116, tried again.

Soon as I turn on to I get an immediate error on the MPU LED #6, (could be a 9, but this is a first version of a system 11 board. So should LED should only have 6 codes.

Problem now is i find no reference to an error 6 on a System 11- Nothing board.

I am out of ideas and am super frustrated.

Somebody have idea. I will admit to being a NOOB with it comes to electronics, but I can sure follow directions.

Thanks in advance

20201215_151112 (resized).jpg20201215_151112 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Edit to post I pulled out the NVRAM from the u25, flipped on the game and got error 1. Which it should. Went to reinstall the and noticed pin 24 had broke off. So that may be the major issue. Maybe

Doesn't look like this will be running by Christmas

#3 3 years ago

Solder on a new leg. Take a leg from a bad chip if you have one.

1 week later
    #4 3 years ago

My frustration overflows at this point I got a replacement NVRAM6116, after a leg broke off the other one i had bought. Put in in today and the MPU board LED has a 1, U25 Error.

Great I am out of ideas. I have searched the web.

HELP please

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-boot-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.