(Topic ID: 240343)

High Speed Background Sound is always on

By RebootMac

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjchand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from RebootMac:

Hey guys,
So I acquired I bit of a beater High speed for the Barcade here in town, After giving up on the MPU and ordering a nice shiny new one from Rottendog I began to realize the Background sounds are always on. No matter what I put into settings such as attract sound or turning the pot on the inside of the cabinet the background buzz music sound is always there. Always on and always the same volume. The voice and sound are affected by the volume pot. But background is not. 12v out of the power supply and logic lines are testing clean. 4.99 on 5v outlet. My manual is missing the last quarter of pages I believe as the back cover is missing and I cannot find the background sound board schematic. If anyone has any clues or thoughts let me know!
Thanks!

You can grab a PDF of the manual on the IPDB page: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=high+speed&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1176

That's odd that the background audio isn't affected by the volume pot. Just to make sure, you are talking about inside the cab, on the left? Don't want to assume someone hasn't FrankenWired™ the thing

Unfortunately, I don't have anything concrete to give you on why it's happening, but folks like GRUMPY probably have some ideas.

Side note: The humming can be significantly diminished if you ensure all of the boards have screws in the appropriate spots. Used to be real apparent on mine, but now is barely noticeable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjchand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-background-sound-is-always-on?tu=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.